April 19, 2024, 05:29:46 PM

Author Topic: FIFA World Player fo the Year Shortlist  (Read 1334 times)

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
FIFA World Player fo the Year Shortlist
« on: November 29, 2006, 08:05:31 AM »
cannavaro
zidane
joe camel

i say cannavaro winning. zidane as sentimental favourite. joe camel for the champions league and la iga perfromances.

Thierry Henry has failed to make the final shortlist for this year's Fifa World Player of the Year award.

Three-time winner Zinedine Zidane, 2005 winner Ronaldinho and European Player of the year Fabio Cannavaro were named as the three remaining candidates.

But Arsenal striker Henry missed out despite being the only player to make it to the finals of both the Champions League and the World Cup last season.

The winner of the prestigious honour will be revealed on 18 December.

The award is voted for by the coach and captain of all 207 national teams, who each pick their top three players of the year.

Italy and Real Madrid defender Cannavaro will be confident of ending the year in style after picking up the Ballon D'Or award this week.

Meanwhile, Barcelona and Brazil forward Ronaldinho is once again a frontrunner after winning it for the last two years.

Zidane, who retired from football following his red card in the World Cup final last summer, could pick up the award for a fourth time, having claimed it in 2003, 2000 and 1998.

In the women's award category, USA's Kristine Lilly, Germany's Renate Lingor and Brazil international Marta have all been shortlisted.

Germany's Birgit Prinz, the 2005 winner, did not make the initial list of 20 candidates.

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: FIFA World Player fo the Year Shortlist
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2006, 09:46:05 AM »
I would lean towards ronaldinho. not because he is my favorite player but seriously...who else is there?
Cannavaro-Decent world cup but as filho rightly pointed out...his achievements could be downplayed due to the scandal bout juve.
Zidane-Mostly sentiment in my opinion.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2006, 10:03:52 AM »
I would lean towards ronaldinho. not because he is my favorite player but seriously...who else is there?
Cannavaro-Decent world cup but as filho rightly pointed out...his achievements could be downplayed due to the scandal bout juve.
Zidane-Mostly sentiment in my opinion.

I WANT to see Dinho win it but they will give it to cannavaro.  >:(

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2006, 11:34:03 AM »
Ronaldinho who did zero at the World Cup?

No thanks.

Cannavaro or Zidane.

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2006, 11:46:46 AM »
Zidane well get on in the WC. plus he end it with an excellent header  ;D I say Zizou and Cannavaro
but I feel Cannavaro geting the nod, he was very impressive.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Bianconeri

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2006, 06:26:58 PM »
Zidane and Ronaldinho not suppost to be in that 3...done talk

Henry and even Eto'o should take their place...and if not eto'o Buffon

Zidane?? for what?! 2 good game sfor WC...he eh play good in his last season with Madrid...

Ronaldinho hasnt been the same really since he won player of the yr...
not as on point as b4...

Henry hadda be there..i say he woulda get it...since Cannavaro beat him out...

madness
politricks!

1]; } ?>