March 28, 2024, 10:43:32 PM

Author Topic: Back in Times - ECM Motown  (Read 6105 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Back in Times - ECM Motown
« on: November 25, 2006, 09:43:26 PM »
One of the top clubs in the 1980s. This is the last team Ian "Dread Dribbler" Clauzel played with.

The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
Re: Back in Times - ECM Motown
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2006, 06:12:20 AM »
well the man ın the Taxı shırt looking kicksy too bad. and check de pose of the fella in the back, last on the right..... :)

vb
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2006, 09:41:03 AM »
The last time I even saw Ian Clauzel was their sad loss to John D in the oval (I can't even remember right, it may have been in '78) but if my beaten memory serves me right, he is in the back row, second from left. (Help meh out dey, Tallman!)   It would also stand to reason that he would even be in the back row, too, because, for all of his exploits, the aura he gave off was that he really wasn't too quick to openly "embrace" his fame and popularity during his heyday.  He really seemed loathe to grab the limelight.

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2006, 09:57:13 AM »
The last time I even saw Ian Clauzel was their sad loss to John D in the oval (I can't even remember right, it may have been in '78) but if my beaten memory serves me right, he is in the back row, second from left. (Help meh out dey, Tallman!)   It would also stand to reason that he would even be in the back row, too, because, for all of his exploits, the aura he gave off was that he really wasn't too quick to openly "embrace" his fame and popularity during his heyday.  He really seemed loathe to grab the limelight.

Clauzel is front row 3rd from left.

Ah also recognize Nevick Denoon front row left

Coops...daz u in de taxi jersey?

Ah would say daz Garent Craig in de back a de trophy but I eh think he ever play fuh ECM

Ah know de man nex to Nevick but fuh de life a meh ah cyah remember he name

De red man nex to de man in de Taxi jersey in de back row might be Streete.

« Last Edit: November 26, 2006, 10:23:12 AM by palos »
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2006, 10:10:40 AM »

Clauzel is front row 3rd from left.

Ah also recognize Nevick Denoon front row left

Coops...daz u in de taxi jersey?

Ah would say daz Garent Craig in de back a de trophy but I eh think he ever play fuh ECM

Ah know de man nex to Nevick but fuh de life a meh ah cyah remember he name

Thanks dey, Palos......so much for MY logic!

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2006, 10:20:49 AM »
   Thanks dey, Palos......so much for MY logic!

Yuh right doh.  Moose didn't like de limelight at all.

truetrini

« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2006, 12:39:42 PM »
yes dat is coops in de Taxi jesey..lol!

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2006, 01:09:23 PM »
One of the top clubs in the 1980s. This is the last team Ian "Dread Dribbler" Clauzel played with.

These are the names i remember:
Back row left to right--? ? Fernandes,Allan Millette,Coop's,Anthony Streete,Garnet Craig,Motown(Manager)? ? ? Anton Thomas.
Front row left to right--Nevick Denoon,Anthony Alexander,Shepard(Ninja),Carley Blacks,Hayden Waterman,Clyde Denoon,Kelvin Jones.

Sorry but Clauzel is not in the picture,this team had players like Clayton Morris(first captain),Angus Eve,Arnold Dwarika,Marlon Waterman,Ian Clauzel etc etc This was the FA trophy we won that year,of course Coop's was the coach.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2006, 01:11:06 PM by Coop's »

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2006, 01:17:40 PM »
Angus Eve,Arnold Dwarika were in the first team in that year?
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2006, 01:28:12 PM »
Angus Eve,Arnold Dwarika were in the first team in that year?
        Not in that year,but during my stint with the club they all played with me.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2006, 01:53:02 PM »
Shit.  My bad.  Daz Ninja in trute.  Wha de hell ever happen to he boy?  He was a nice player.

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2006, 11:56:34 AM »
Shit.  My bad.  Daz Ninja in trute.  Wha de hell ever happen to he boy?  He was a nice player.
       I myself don't know where he ended up,the last thing i know he had a business on the Mall that burned down,yes i must say a very exciting player,
       I don't know if you remember Evans Friday,Junior Phillip,Steve(Dark Horse)Pierre,they all played at some time. 

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2006, 12:38:57 PM »
       I myself don't know where he ended up,the last thing i know he had a business on the Mall that burned down,yes i must say a very exciting player,
       I don't know if you remember Evans Friday,Junior Phillip,Steve(Dark Horse)Pierre,they all played at some time. 

Ah vaguely remember Evans Friday.  Junior Phillip I don't remember.  Dark Horse is meh spar.  REAL good player.  We play pan together in de East too.  Is amazin how many footballers...at least in dem times was also good panman too.  Ah didn't know Horsie played for ECM tho...always thought he played with TESCA.

By de way Coop's.....yuh ever play wit, against or coach a fella call Robert Francis?  A redman from South.  Really nice defender.  He nickname was "Youth".

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2006, 01:00:00 PM »

Ah vaguely remember Evans Friday.  Junior Phillip I don't remember.  Dark Horse is meh spar.  REAL good player.  We play pan together in de East too.  Is amazin how many footballers...at least in dem times was also good panman too.  Ah didn't know Horsie played for ECM tho...always thought he played with TESCA.

By de way Coop's.....yuh ever play wit, against or coach a fella call Robert Francis?  A redman from South.  Really nice defender.  He nickname was "Youth".

Friday and Phillips were two good players from Carenage,Phillips ended up playing for ASL afterwards.Horse is really a TESCA man,we brought him out of retirement for a season or two at the end of his career.
        That guy Robert Francis, if you look at the 75 national team picture,that was the person name i could not remember second from left front row next to Steve Khan that's the guy,he never played much but was on the squad. 

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2006, 01:13:54 PM »
That guy Robert Francis, if you look at the 75 national team picture,that was the person name i could not remember second from left front row next to Steve Khan that's the guy,he never played much but was on the squad. 

Funny yuh say dat because right after ah did post dat, meh mind run on dat picture and ah tell mehself...wait nah...ah wonder if dah was Youth in dah pic boy?

An ex Naps man.  Good defender.  Good reader of the game.

Offline davyjenny

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2006, 08:49:39 PM »
Coops can you remember some of these names? : Dave denoon,Hamil Smith,Sue,"baby boy" goalkeeper,"blood" goalkeeper,"Shines"goalkeeper,furgus julien,salim,andre francis,sparrow"coach", cassimy brothers and bernard julien to name a few.
That savannah bread very good players till this day.
The difference between the possible and
the impossible lies in a person determination

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2006, 02:07:46 AM »
Cops, extreme left "?" is Richie , top scorer for Mucurapo,ah think,(late 70's), came to Mtl. concordia, was All-Canadian '79...went back home for awhile, from the pic played with you guys, is now settled here again...One of the best strikers pass thru here, but then went orf on it...he tried out with the Mtl. Manic of the Nasl and for the tryout pic. he rushed, stood next to the coach and said " Boss, me nah about picture yuh know, I ready to talk dollars".. :devil: ...well dah was de end ah dat..ah neva let him fuhget dah one..

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2006, 09:31:53 AM »
Coops can you remember some of these names? : Dave denoon,Hamil Smith,Sue,"baby boy" goalkeeper,"blood" goalkeeper,"Shines"goalkeeper,furgus julien,salim,andre francis,sparrow"coach", cassimy brothers and bernard julien to name a few.
        Breds you bring back some real good memories for me here with those names,i played with and against or coached all those guys at some time in Carenage League or different clubs that they were on,i must say good players came from that area.   

Offline scooby

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2006, 04:46:45 PM »

ninja or sheppi as he was call did have business in the mall but I think he ran into problems and making a jail for drugs also kali blacks in that pic was shot and killed
« Last Edit: November 28, 2006, 05:04:56 PM by Tallman »

Offline davyjenny

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2006, 07:00:53 PM »
        Breds you bring back some real good memories for me here with those names,i played with and against or coached all those guys at some time in Carenage League or different clubs that they were on,i must say good players came from that area.   
Junior Phillip has a different last name and is now a cop.Evans Friday i remember broke his leg back then but, was still able to play after that,spent many,many years in carenage but he is originally from saparia one of my associates also good player very quick on the wing.Carenage united in those days.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2006, 07:02:40 PM by davyjenny »
The difference between the possible and
the impossible lies in a person determination

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 29, 2006, 10:24:11 AM »

ninja or sheppi as he was call did have business in the mall but I think he ran into problems and making a jail for drugs also kali blacks in that pic was shot and killed
        I knew of this just did not want to go there,these guys were dear to me and up to this day when ever i think of them it still affects me,i tried my best for them they were good to me.

Offline scooby

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 29, 2006, 06:25:56 PM »
coop i respect  ninja as a player he was good but it is was it is but coop i did`nt realize is so much team you coach and play for, you should remember mey boy sean neggars  pair he play with elements also., as for me  I was a hillsdale die hard I am the original scooby
« Last Edit: November 29, 2006, 06:32:17 PM by Tallman »

1]; } ?>