April 19, 2024, 07:33:50 AM

Author Topic: Wim's scorecard  (Read 2607 times)

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Wim's scorecard
« on: November 24, 2006, 07:39:31 AM »
 Our new coach,held in high esteem by a lot of people has completed his first term, semester (call it what you want) . July 22 - November 22, 5months.

At his appointment terms of reference, job scope, responsibilities (call it what you want ) was laid bare for all to see. This was the Jack Warner announcement.

The following is the requirements for 2006.
Some of it is vague and targetless but nevertheless.

2. Wim Rijsbergen

a. Wim Rijsbergen, the former Assistant to Leo Beenhakker in Trinidad and Tobago has agreed to accept the offer of Head Coach of Team Trinidad and Tobago for a period of four years, with immediate effect.

b. He has asked to be assisted by Anton Corneal and Dutchman Jan Van Deinsen, both of whom he has already held discussions and obtained their acceptance.

c. He is to evaluate the work of the staff which worked with the Soca Warriors to determine whose services he shall need.  Notwithstanding this, he did inform that he needs Joseph Sam Phillip to play an effective role in the management of the National Senior Team.

d. Relative to Trinidad and Tobago's technical development, Wim made several proposals which were accepted by Richard Groden and me on behalf of the TTFF.

The proposals are as follows:

(i) Anton Corneal to be the Head Coach of Youth Development as well as to assist him in the coaching of the First Team.

(ii) Dutch Coach, Jan Deinsen to work with all the National Youth Teams as well as to assist in the coaching of the First Team.

(iii) After evaluation and by mutual agreement to use the majority of the members of the present technical staff of the Soca Warriors.

(iv) The role of the Technical Director, Lincoln Phillips, to be confined to the development of coaches and goal keepers using his knowledge in these areas. In this regard, the entire Technical Department of the T&TFF is to be reviewed as a matter of urgency.

(v) The Head Coach will be involved specifically in coaching a team for the Olympics as well as for World Cup 2010. He will also supervise the coaching of all National Teams.

(vi) After holding discussions with Russell Latapy and Dwight Yorke, the Head Coach will find the best way to use their knowledge as role models for the youth and for the future of Trinidad and Tobago football in the following areas:

Training camps
Training sessions
Any other

(vii) Immediately, the Head Coach will be developing a programme, in conjunction with others, for every Youth Team, as it relates to:

Training
Matches
Tournaments
Other
3. Tentative Plan 2006 - 2010

July 22 - 25, 2006

1. Meetings of Leo and Wim with.

(i) T&TFF, Jack Warner and T&TFF Technical and Managerial Staff
(ii) The Minister of Sport and Youth Affairs

2. Evaluation of the World Cup effort with players and officials who are present in T&T.

3. Creating a new staff for 2006 - 2010

4. Putting a team together for this country's first international match in August.

September 2, 2006 - Friendly match

September 6, 2006 - FIFA Date: 2nd International Match / Start preparation for the CONCACAF Gold Cup Tournament

October 7 - 11: Official matches

November 15, 2006 - Friendly match

Most note worthy of his acheivements would be the reduction in work scope for Lincoln Phillips, he has acheived that goal . 100 marks. (and people want to know what I have against him. lol)

So reflect back on the foregoing and give the man a mark.

But go easy on him because he has all the time in the world, ent Sam.?

« Last Edit: November 24, 2006, 07:41:08 AM by fishs »
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Wim's scorecard
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2006, 08:50:20 AM »
fishs..thanks but I have 3 things for you to consider:
1) Do you 100% believe any proposal delivered by Jack Warner? I would not be suprised to know that at least some these decisions were made by none other than Jack Warner and his lackeys at the TTFF. Then again it could be all Wim...I just saying that where Jack is concerned, you hadda watch things lil' slight

2) There is a difference between wanting to give someone a chance and holding them in high esteem. It seems everyone who doesn't like Wim has (wrongly) adopted this exaggreated view of those who say to give him a chance. As far as I see, I think everyone kinda on the same page. Everyone knows we don't have much time to prepare for Wc qualifiers and everyone wants the team to do well. Some just think Wim deserves some more time than others. Firing him now would nothing but a knee jerk reaction based on fear and anxiety. After 4 friendlies it would be premature and will just promote more instability at the national team level...and who will take his place? probably Van Diensen and we back to square one  ;D

3) I not sure why limiting Lincoln's role is a bad thing. I doh know..maybe they just phasing the man out and I could see how that will get people vex. But if they stay true to form, it seems like he has a serious responsibility that will go a long way in changing the way football is run in our country. Perhaps this is how it is most effectively done at other FAs and it allows him to focus on a few pertinent things as opposed to potentially having too much to do. I don't know..just a thought. Is not like the man fired or have nothing to do. But then again..like the first point I made...you always hadda watch Jack slight  :-\

Nice post...this go have real people busy

truetrini

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2006, 06:08:19 PM »
wim is a joker.

Steups..in charge ah coaching ALL national teams dey say!

and:

Immediately, the Head Coach will be developing a programme, in conjunction with others, for every Youth Team, as it relates to:

Training
Matches
Tournaments
Other

steups!

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2006, 07:53:48 PM »
wim is a joker.

and:

Immediately, the Head Coach will be developing a programme, in conjunction with others, for every Youth Team, as it relates to:

Training
Matches
Tournaments
Other

steups!

my sentiments exactly !

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2006, 09:17:01 PM »
wim is a joker.

and:

Training
Matches
Tournaments
Other

steups!

my sentiments exactly !

doh study he he trying to be a clwon when BSC had the team and it was playing bad in WCQ game he was dey supporting bertille even though he was saying the player cyar trap and pass.. he just showing  he true colours. he get some ammunition now to chat why  whim he because he say the player not up to international standard and they will improve when they Trina and play with better players not that they cannot trap and pass.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

truetrini

« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2006, 09:40:51 PM »
wim is a joker.

and:

Training
Matches
Tournaments
Other

steups!

my sentiments exactly !

doh study he he trying to be a clwon when BSC had the team and it was playing bad in WCQ game he was dey supporting bertille even though he was saying the player cyar trap and pass.. he just showing  he true colours. he get some ammunition now to chat why  whim he because he say the player not up to international standard and they will improve when they Trina and play with better players not that they cannot trap and pass.

You is ah real dumb ass!  How de f**k Wim can be in charge of all de national teams?

Like yuh is ah real dunce in trute.

And what de hell he doing fuh we team development if dat is he job?

Dem is my problem with wim de faker yuh jackass.

steups

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2006, 10:20:47 PM »
wim is a joker.

and:

Training
Matches
Tournaments
Other

steups!

my sentiments exactly !

You is ah real dumb ass!  How de f**k Wim can be in charge of all de national teams?

Like yuh is ah real dunce in trute.

And what de hell he doing fuh we team development if dat is he job?

Dem is my problem with wim de faker yuh jackass.

steups

The Head Coach will be involved specifically in coaching a team for the Olympics as well as for World Cup 2010. He will also supervise the coaching of all National Teams.

Anton is in charge of the youth team all whim does is supervise and help where needed .

(i) Anton Corneal to be the Head Coach of Youth Development as well as to assist him in the coaching of the First Team.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2006, 10:24:35 PM by triniman »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

truetrini

« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2006, 10:23:55 PM »

Training
Matches
Tournaments
Other

Dat is why brian Williams had only 2 weeks t prepare de U-20's?

And what he do for de women and dem...send Anton to Florida?

Yuh is ah dunce ass.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2006, 10:35:34 PM »
oh really when they wanted to pull players from intercol yuh object eh boy he dammed if he do and and dammed if he dont

truetrini

« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2006, 09:51:29 AM »
oh really when they wanted to pull players from intercol yuh object eh boy he dammed if he do and and dammed if he dont

yuh full ah shit, never did I voice any objections to that!

Liar..jes like Wim.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2006, 11:03:18 AM »

Liar..jes like Wim.

haul yuh ass and give the man ah chance

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2006, 11:44:12 AM »

Liar..jes like Wim.

ok..u did not voice any objections. but it does answer one your questions. The Under 20s would probably have more preparation if they were allowed to pull out of theSSFL. I can't say whether that would have been good or bad but the idea was there to prepare them well and it was met with a lot of resistance. Yuh deflecting from a valid point triniman make...Instead of cussing him out, stick to the issues you brought up...u still have not addressed that point. It makes it look like u running from it, when I am sure you have an opinion on it

truetrini

« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2006, 11:51:04 AM »

Liar..jes like Wim.

ok..u did not voice any objections. but it does answer one your questions. The Under 20s would probably have more preparation if they were allowed to pull out of theSSFL. I can't say whether that would have been good or bad but the idea was there to prepare them well and it was met with a lot of resistance. Yuh deflecting from a valid point triniman make...Instead of cussing him out, stick to the issues you brought up...u still have not addressed that point. It makes it look like u running from it, when I am sure you have an opinion on it

I am running from nothing!

My point has been lost on all of yiou who support Wim.  The point is Wim has no damn care in his heart for T&T football.

If he did he would not have accepted so many jobs!

How can he concentrate on Development of ALL T&T teams?

He has no damn scruples.  he should put his foot down and say NO!  I will do my best with certain sections.

My fight is alos mostly with theTTFF who is back to the old shit, disregarding competent T&T nationals and heaping all responsibilities on shit ass Wimp!

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2006, 12:18:25 PM »

Liar..jes like Wim.

I am running from nothing!

My point has been lost on all of yiou who support Wim.  The point is Wim has no damn care in his heart for T&T football.

If he did he would not have accepted so many jobs!

How can he concentrate on Development of ALL T&T teams?

He has no damn scruples.  he should put his foot down and say NO!  I will do my best with certain sections.

My fight is alos mostly with theTTFF who is back to the old shit, disregarding competent T&T nationals and heaping all responsibilities on shit ass Wimp!

I understand your reservation if he is supposed to be there actively training all teams on a day to day basis. But I do not think that is the plan...At least I hope not. I think it is more about implementing a plan that creates some continuity for a youth moving through the age groups at the national level. There should be a national system of training and development. Since The TTFF has no clue, I can see why they ask the senior national coach to draw up a system for them and help get it implemented. Wim has to then delegate responsibility and it is pretty clear that each national team will have its own coaching staff that oversees team development on a daily basis. Wim will concentrate on the senior team...but like every single national team coach before him..every single one...he will spend some time overseeing the develpment of some of the younger national team players..especially those who may be of use to the WC2010 qualification campaign. By the way...relax with this 'Wim supporter' nonsense. Some of us just willing to give him more of a chance. Stop trying to set it up to look like yuh was right about Wim all along if he fails..That is not the point.

truetrini

« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2006, 07:26:39 PM »
Filho, I jes happen to know that Wim causing a lot of the shit dat happening now in we football...with some help from the incompetent yes men in de TTFF.

I know that you are an inteeligent fellas as evidenced by yuh posts here on this very forum.

Analyse this for me nah and tell me in plain speech who in charge and why we preparation so bad etc.  Where is his voive on the issues plaguing our ball and what are his plans to remdy the deficiencies.

a. Wim Rijsbergen, the former Assistant to Leo Beenhakker in Trinidad and Tobago has agreed to accept the offer of Head Coach of Team Trinidad and Tobago for a period of four years, with immediate effect.

b. He has asked to be assisted by Anton Corneal and Dutchman Jan Van Deinsen, both of whom he has already held discussions and obtained their acceptance.

c. He is to evaluate the work of the staff which worked with the Soca Warriors to determine whose services he shall need.  Notwithstanding this, he did inform that he needs Joseph Sam Phillip to play an effective role in the management of the National Senior Team.

d. Relative to Trinidad and Tobago's technical development, Wim made several proposals which were accepted by Richard Groden and me on behalf of the TTFF.

So I eh separating Wim from de TTFF at all.  If he accept de job..den do it....yuh say he will in fact be supervising all aspects of the teams..den make him TD and get a coach.

if not steups...I tired ah de same shit over and over and over again with T&T football  I done seeing how de script unravelling already.

if you and/or others eh seeing it...well..sek Ray charles advice, jes take ah look at the way our teams are being prepared, and listen to the excuses put forward by the coach.

Look carefully and you will see.  Unless yuh he want to ee...den let me expalin tuh yuh dat de blindest man is de man who eh want to see!

I done with dis discourse, triniman sucking jack warner ass long time so he making excuses, not me..I saying it as I seeing it.

Wim is shit!

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2006, 08:09:48 PM »
if he tnt had beat austria yuh would ah sing a different tune

truetrini

« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2006, 12:38:13 PM »

yuh is either ah moron or yuh f**king blind!

beating Austria is not the isue, neither was losing to them!

FOOL!

Is the overall state of TRinidad football...like yuh ass so far up yuh head yuh only seeing shit or what?

Like comprehending is a very difficult task for you?

i doh mind MY team losing....is what we doing in the interim to improve dat is my issue yuh lousy reader.

Wim has too many tasks and portofolios and nutten is being done to develop footballin T&T!

XCan you now understand.

Wim eh give ah ass about T&T football...but he is de head man in chare ah everything and NUTTEN being accomplished.

If he was in charge ah de Senior team I leaving he selfish ass alone, but he is chief cook and f**king bottle washer.

Like yuh real f**king spastic or what!

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2006, 10:14:34 PM »

yuh is either ah moron or yuh f**king blind!

beating Austria is not the isue, neither was losing to them!

FOOL!

Is the overall state of TRinidad football
...like yuh ass so far up yuh head yuh only seeing shit or what?

Like comprehending is a very difficult task for you?

i doh mind MY team losing....is what we doing in the interim to improve dat is my issue yuh lousy reader.

Wim has too many tasks and portofolios and nutten is being done to develop footballin T&T!

XCan you now understand.

Wim eh give ah ass about T&T football...but he is de head man in chare ah everything and NUTTEN being accomplished.

If he was in charge ah de Senior team I leaving he selfish ass alone, but he is chief cook and f**king bottle washer.

Like yuh real f**king spastic or what!

Whew ah thought was only me seeing it this way.

The display against Austria was total crap , again we had to rely on a few talented idividuals, no sight of a proper game plan , no shape to the team is almost like a pick up side. Even if we had won  I would have said that Austria is the shittiest team in the world !!!
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline football prof

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2006, 10:04:40 AM »
Wim aint saying nothing. Time for a new coach.

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2006, 10:53:38 AM »
Who ever heard of givng an experimental coach a straight 4 year cntract to start off ? Not even a one or two year with an option to renew based on performance ...... what if de man cant cut it in one or two years ? I think jack knew better than dat !  money parse ..a la chalkie !
seems like an easy way to filter out some funds for the next 4 years ...two for me two for you and let de taxpayers and  die waggonists foot de bill !

1]; } ?>