April 19, 2024, 08:37:26 AM

Author Topic: TnT U17 Have a real chance to reach World Cup  (Read 1979 times)

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
TnT U17 Have a real chance to reach World Cup
« on: November 27, 2006, 08:10:20 AM »

The top 3 from the group going.

We should be able to compete with Canada and Costa Rica and Jamaica.
America should beat all the teams in the group but these other teams should be on the same level as us if we get some good preparation on line.

The U 20 is still in the running so it may be a good boost for youth football.

A senior team , U17 and U20 world cup qualification would be a great achievement for our football going for forward.

-17 MNT Draw Canada, Costa Rica, Jamaica and Trinidad & Tobago in Qualifying   

CHICAGO (Nov. 24, 2006) – The U.S. Under-17 Men’s National Team has been drawn into Group B with Canada, Costa Rica, Jamaica and Trinidad & Tobago for the 2007 CONCACAF Final Round Qualifying Tournament from April 18-26 in Kingston, Jamaica. The draw was determined earlier today during the CONCACAF Executive Committee Meeting in Los Angeles.

The top three teams in the group will qualify for the FIFA U-20 World Cup in South Korea, which will take place from August 18-September 9 across six cities – Busan, Cheonan, Jeju, Suwon, Ulsan and Gwangyang (to be confirmed). The U.S. is the only country to qualify for all 11 FIFA U-17 World Cups (formerly FIFA World Youth Championships).

The other two of the four CONCACAF berths will come from Group A, which will occur a two weeks earlier from April 4-8 in Tegucigalpa, Honduras. Competing with the hosts will be El Salvador, Haiti and Mexico.

CONCACAF U-17 Final Round Qualifying
Group A - Tegucigalpa, Honduras
El Salvador
Haiti
Honduras
Mexico

Group B - Kingston, Jamaica
Canada
Costa Rica
Jamaica
Trinidad & Tobago
USA 

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
Re: TnT U17 Have a real chance to reach World Cup
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2006, 08:23:36 AM »
I feling sorry for haiti.

They have a very good squad to qualify with, but dem central american teams going and use nasty tactics and as we saw in the games in Trinidad, they crack very easily!!

ah love it!!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline Benchwarmer

• Sr. Warrior
  • Trini to the bone...Dutch till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2006, 08:24:40 AM »
This maths correct....

.The top 3 from the group going.

We should be able to compete with Canada and Costa Rica and Jamaica.
America should beat all the teams in the group but these other teams should be on the same level as us if we get some good preparation on line.

The U 20 is still in the running so it may be a good boost for youth football.

A senior team , U17 and U20 world cup qualification would be a great achievement for our football going for forward.

-17 MNT Draw Canada, Costa Rica, Jamaica and Trinidad & Tobago in Qualifying

CHICAGO (Nov. 24, 2006) – The U.S. Under-17 Men’s National Team has been drawn into Group B with Canada, Costa Rica, Jamaica and Trinidad & Tobago for the 2007 CONCACAF Final Round Qualifying Tournament from April 18-26 in Kingston, Jamaica. The draw was determined earlier today during the CONCACAF Executive Committee Meeting in Los Angeles.

The top three teams in the group will qualify for the FIFA U-20 World Cup in South Korea, which will take place from August 18-September 9 across six cities – Busan, Cheonan, Jeju, Suwon, Ulsan and Gwangyang (to be confirmed). The U.S. is the only country to qualify for all 11 FIFA U-17 World Cups (formerly FIFA World Youth Championships).

The other two of the four CONCACAF berths will come from Group A,
which will occur a two weeks earlier from April 4-8 in Tegucigalpa, Honduras. Competing with the hosts will be El Salvador, Haiti and Mexico.

CONCACAF U-17 Final Round Qualifying
Group A - Tegucigalpa, Honduras
El Salvador
Haiti
Honduras
Mexico

Group B - Kingston, Jamaica
Canada
Costa Rica
Jamaica
Trinidad & Tobago
USA

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
  • Take pride in yuh side!! Vibes it Up!!!
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2006, 08:26:38 AM »

They have a very good squad to qualify with, but dem central american teams going and use nasty tactics and as we saw in the games in Trinidad, they crack very easily!!

ah love it!!

I am more concerned with out boys coming out of this group of 5 teams.

Offline Toussaint

• Hero Warrior
  • ...l'arbre de la liberte des noirs.
    • View Profile
    • Haiti Spors
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2006, 08:54:31 AM »

ah love it!!

We really are in a tough situation.

I believe both Haiti and Honduras will beat El Salvador. However, with home advantage Honduras will probably score more goals against their fellow central americans than Haiti. So, we will at least need to beat Honduras or steal a point from the mighty Mexico. Neither one will be easy.

TnT and Jamaica have a better chance to qualify than Haiti.
...l'arbre de la liberte des noirs.

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2006, 09:01:04 AM »
Toussaint

Your under 17 side is good and they have a real good chemistry and cohesion about them.

The central midfielder you have was the player of the tournament for me. The lil fella was real good.

Against Mexico you had them under pressure until the nerves and tactics got to your team.

I think you can qualify.

TT will have it hard.

From the Canada team I saw two years ago who won the tournament those fellas big and strong and they could play. USA will dominate. So we have to look to beat Costa Rica and Jamaica.

I am surprised Guatemala is not there. They were head and shoulders above TT in that tournament and made it to the final when they lost to Canada.

It not impossible, TT can do it.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2006, 09:11:10 AM »
I really hope so since all the wrk the expert coach wanted to do he was not able to do.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2006, 09:28:38 AM »
The article obviously has an error as Benchwarmer pointed out. Are there 4 Concacaf spots or 5? The article says 3 from group A and 2 from Group B, but then goes on to say that there are only 4 Concacaf spots....we need to figure out which is which.

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2006, 09:39:59 AM »

ah love it!!
damn I will love for Trinidad to get into that group where Haiti is.. Haiti shearing serious blows  on dem teams dey.. Trinidad group is ruff and tuff dat haiti group I will be smiling if Jamaica or Trinidad was in dat group..
Black Lives Matter..

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2006, 10:14:46 AM »
That is a tough group for us having JA COSTA, USA AND CANADA WOW!

Offline doc

• Hero Warrior
  • ...game, set, match.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2006, 04:23:13 PM »
I really hope so since all the wrk the expert coach wanted to do he was not able to do.
Ah really feel yuh have to let this ole talk go! Anton had an idea that was scuppered. What he plans to do with the next 4 months is the great unknown. The womens' coach - Waterman had a plan that was scuppered. I really get the impression that yuh puttin' Anton's excuse out for when he fails ;D
Live large and prosper!

1]; } ?>