April 20, 2024, 06:02:37 AM

Author Topic: Men's U-20 Football Team Thread.  (Read 72877 times)

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: U-20 men's team play in Biche.
« Reply #30 on: June 07, 2012, 06:36:13 AM »
Marcus Bernard (#14) is another one who will be there, also based in Canada.

Flex that guy look like  Keane Mc Ivor from st anthonys
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #31 on: June 07, 2012, 08:40:02 AM »
Attendance?
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #32 on: August 01, 2012, 04:36:56 PM »
Quick update.

Kristian Lee-Kim had trials with the Under 20 team, Michael McComie promised he would get intouch with them, he said he was impress with Kris professional manner on/off the pitch and his skill level, since June 20th they have been waiting for a call, they all seem to be dodging the call/emails...

The player got fed-up and is looking at different options.

A simple courtesy phone call or an email would have been fine on his status on whether he made the team or not, that's all.

I think (Marcus Bernard) a kid that played  "B" team soccer at a rep level, stopped at 16yrs, attend a CDN university and is currently not in the soccer program has made the team.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 01, 2012, 09:30:34 PM »
Quick update.

Kristian Lee-Kim had trials with the Under 20 team, Michael McComie promised he would get intouch with them, he said he was impress with Kris professional manner on/off the pitch and his skill level, since June 20th they have been waiting for a call, they all seem to be dodging the call/emails...

A simple courtesy phone call or an email would have been fine on his status on whether he made the team or not, that's all.

I think (Marcus Bernard) a kid that played  "B" team soccer at a rep level, stopped at 16yrs, attend a CDN university and is currently not in the soccer program has made the team.

we keep putting these unprofessional people in leadership positions in our football.They are very selfish and doh know about proper protocol.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 02, 2012, 04:56:46 AM »
Ah hate Michael McComie more than Oliver Camps. !!!!

He head big and he brain small.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline kaiser

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 02, 2012, 11:12:43 AM »
i heard U20 coach has been suspended can anyone confirm this?

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 02, 2012, 11:15:55 PM »

I heard at tonites game that he has been released

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 03, 2012, 07:11:30 AM »
Quick update.

flex tell Kristian Lee-Kim to hold tight the coach is gone according the football supporter
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 03, 2012, 08:48:49 AM »

I heard at tonites game that he has been released

Yes, I also received confirmation.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline soccerrama

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 03, 2012, 09:01:57 AM »
Ref McComie, I am not too sure about him being released but my understanding is that he has been suspended following an incident with a W Connection player Alvin Jones brother to Joevin Jones (both sons of Kelvin Jones,former national Player & current Police FC coach).
My understanding is that W Connection wrote to the TTFF & he has been suspended pending investigation but to me he should have been released forthwith.
The U20s were playing a practice game vs Caledonia AIA on Friday 27th July, 2012 at Larry Gomes Stadium, when apparently he made an error in the game in the 5th minute, Mc Comie immediately withdrew him and had him run continuously around the Stadium from about the 8th minute, throughout the entire half time interval, throughout the entire second half of the game. An additional 20 minutes was played and he had him run throught that entire period, The player eventually collapsed during the coach's team talk after the completion of the additional 20 mins and his nails were beginning to turn blue, other staff members had to work overtime to eventually revive him and fortunately he did. He had to go see the doctor & it was determined that he suffered serious dehydration as a result of running over 70 laps around the stadium nonstop. This to me is a criminal act & McComie should be prosecuted and should never ever coach any team ever again.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2012, 09:04:13 AM by soccerrama »

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 03, 2012, 09:12:27 AM »
Ref McComie, I am not too sure about him being released but my understanding is that he has been suspended following an incident with a W Connection player Alvin Jones brother to Joevin Jones (both sons of Kelvin Jones,former national Player & current Police FC coach).
My understanding is that W Connection wrote to the TTFF & he has been suspended pending investigation but to me he should have been released forthwith.
The U20s were playing a practice game vs Caledonia AIA on Friday 27th July, 2012 at Larry Gomes Stadium, when apparently he made an error in the game in the 5th minute, Mc Comie immediately withdrew him and had him run continuously around the Stadium from about the 8th minute, throughout the entire half time interval, throughout the entire second half of the game. An additional 20 minutes was played and he had him run throught that entire period, The player eventually collapsed during the coach's team talk after the completion of the additional 20 mins and his nails were beginning to turn blue, other staff members had to work overtime to eventually revive him and fortunately he did. He had to go see the doctor & it was determined that he suffered serious dehydration as a result of running over 70 laps around the stadium nonstop. This to me is a criminal act & McComie should be prosecuted and should never ever coach any team ever again.

Good for de f00cker.... he mouth gone up in de ass now...
'
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 03, 2012, 10:04:03 AM »

Jones should have stopped run .....

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 03, 2012, 10:56:58 AM »
The woman accused of 'running to death' her nine-year-old stepdaughter - who died of extreme dehydration - gave birth the same day she was arrested.

Joyce Hardin Garrard, 46, and 27-year-old Jessica Mae Hardin, from Alabama, were charged with the murder of Savannah Hardin yesterday, who they made run without stop for three hours as punishment for lying about eating a candy bar.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2105028/Grandmother-stepmother-charged-murder-Savannah-Hardin-9-Etowah-County-Alabama.html#ixzz22VFTLR2E
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 03, 2012, 11:02:26 AM »
No way I was running all that. McComie is a fool if that true
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline soccerrama

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 03, 2012, 11:33:00 AM »
It is easy for us to say that he should have stopped running but these young guys so want to make the National Team that they want to please the coaches and McComie & these guys have these young guys fearful of them because they are so spiteful.
Pray tell me what mistake could the young man have made in a "practice game" to warrant such a punishment.
During this same incident young Jones asked if he could stop and was told no by McComie, he asked for water & was refused. Imagine when he was collapsing one of his teammates ran to his assistance and McComie stopped him, asking if he was a doctor? There are also lots of other incidents. I implore Flex &/or Tallman to try talking to some of these U20 players and even ex Mau Pau players and you would find out how McComie coaches by "FEAR".

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Re: U-20 men's team play in Biche.
« Reply #45 on: August 03, 2012, 11:35:59 AM »
It is easy for us to say that he should have stopped running but these young guys so want to make the National Team that they want to please the coaches and McComie & these guys have these young guys fearful of them because they are so spiteful.
Pray tell me what mistake could the young man have made in a "practice game" to warrant such a punishment.
During this same incident young Jones asked if he could stop and was told no by McComie, he asked for water & was refused. Imagine when he was collapsing one of his teammates ran to his assistance and McComie stopped him, asking if he was a doctor? There are also lots of other incidents. I implore Flex &/or Tallman to try talking to some of these U20 players and even ex Mau Pau players and you would find out how McComie coaches by "FEAR".

Wow seriously. Nah man, he should get a ban. How the ass he ain't give the fellah water. So he would of let the boy dead Stueps.
Youtube Channel

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 03, 2012, 01:15:32 PM »

Wow seriously. Nah man, he should get a ban. How the ass he ain't give the fellah water. So he would of let the boy dead Stueps.
where were the assistant coaches rougier and Marcelle when this occurred

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 03, 2012, 01:16:03 PM »
Good question
Youtube Channel

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 03, 2012, 02:32:31 PM »
Now this is what I'm talking about. Trinidadians!!! If this is true, there should be outrage from all parents, players and sports people in T&T. But I predict business as usual.  :pissedoff:   :frustrated:  :banginghead:  :yellowcard:
« Last Edit: August 03, 2012, 03:24:32 PM by Cocorite »
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 03, 2012, 03:08:17 PM »
Russell takes charge of U-20 men's team
By: Shaun Fuentes (TTFF).

Former National Senior team assistant coach Ross Russell has been given the position of Interim head coach of the Trinidad and Tobago Men’s Under 20 team pending an ongoing investigation into a matter involving Michael McComie who served as head coach of the squad and a player from the current squad.

Further details on the outcome of the investigation will be released in due course.

Russell previously served as an assistant coach and goalkeeping coach of the current Under 20 squad and is the most experienced coach on the current staff which also includes Anthony Rougier and Clint Marcelle.

Russell has been on the coaching staffs of several past national youth teams including the Under 17 team that qualified for the 2007 FIFA Under 17 World Cup in South Korea and was also a previous Senior Men’s Team assistant coach. He also led Defence Force to the 2010/2011 T&T Pro League title.

The final squad for the upcoming Caribbean Football Union U-20 qualifying tournament in St Vincent/Grenadines will be announced on Saturday.

The team will travel to St Vincent on a Caribbean Airlines chartered flight on Monday afternoon. T&T will engage in battle with the hosts, Guyana and Suriname on August 8-12.

The group winner will advance to the CFU Finals in Jamaica November on 3-11. Five of the six teams from the final round of Caribbean qualifying will advance to the CONCACAF championship in Puebla, Mexico, February 18-March 2, 2013 towards the 2013 FIFA Under 20 World Cup in Turkey.

« Last Edit: August 03, 2012, 03:17:19 PM by Flex »
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 03, 2012, 03:15:17 PM »
Russell takes charge of U-20 men's team
By: Shaun Fuentes (TTFF).

Former National Senior team assistant coach Ross Russell has been given the position of Interim head coach of the Trinidad and Tobago Men’s Under 20 team pending an ongoing investigation into a matter involving Michael McComie who served as head coach of the squad and a player from the current squad. Further details on the outcome of the investigation will be released in due course.

Russell previously served as an assistant coach and goalkeeping coach of the current Under 20 squad and is the most experienced coach on the current staff which also includes Anthony Rougier and Clint Marcelle. Russell has been on the coaching staffs of several past national youth teams including the Under 17 team that qualified for the 2007 FIFA Under 17 World Cup in South Korea and was also a previous Senior Men’s Team assistant coach. He also led Defence Force to the 2010/2011 T&T Pro League title.

The final squad for the upcoming Caribbean Football Union U-20 qualifying tournament in St Vincent/Grenadines will be announced on Saturday.

The team will travel to St Vincent on a Caribbean Airlines chartered flight on Monday afternoon. T&T will engage in battle with the hosts, Guyana and Suriname on August 8-12.

The group winner will advance to the CFU Finals in Jamaica November on 3-11. Five of the six teams from the final round of Caribbean qualifying will advance to the CONCACAF championship in Puebla, Mexico, February 18-March 2, 2013 towards the 2013 FIFA Under 20 World Cup in Turkey.

Everyone on that staff needed to go. They showed absolutely no responsibility or common sense in this situation. They should have stopped the kid from running or call someone in authority and reported what was happening.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Dumplingdinho

« Reply #51 on: August 03, 2012, 03:53:40 PM »
yeah fire the whole staff and as for mccommie the solution is simple.  strip him naked, sell kamla new ride, make sure all de money in 20s, tape the money to mccommie and drop him off in beetham holding a sign that reads....my name is mcommie, i am ah mudders c0n+ and i doh like black ppl.

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 03, 2012, 04:00:45 PM »
THIS DESERVES ITS OWN THREAD....this is madness

thanks for the info soccerrama....
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 03, 2012, 04:01:08 PM »
Wow... I always knew this man was the consummate asshole, but this is reaching to some new depths, even for him..

This needs to be dealt with severely.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 03, 2012, 04:19:49 PM »
Mods make a new thread with this, transfer over all the comments also. McComie is a Mad ass
Youtube Channel

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Men's U-20 Football Team Thread.
« Reply #55 on: April 06, 2016, 07:45:07 PM »
Brian Williams appointed head coach of Men’s U-20 team
TTFA Media

The Trinidad and Tobago Football Association is today pleased to announce the appointment of Brian Williams as Head Coach of the Trinidad and Tobago Men’s National Under 20 Team.

President of the TTFA, David John-Williams made the disclosure at the TTFA head office in Port of Spain on Wednesday afternoon as he relayed some of the Association’s plans for the upcoming calendar.

It was also announced that former National Team player Kerry Jamerson will serve as the Under 20 Team’s Assistant Coach with the rest of the staff appointments to be announced in due course.

Williams is a past National Senior Team assistant coach and a former National Under 20 Men’s Team head coach. And of course he was a player attached to the famous 1989 Strike Squad.

“It is always an honour when called upon to serve your country and particularly a national football team,” Williams told TTFA Media on Wednesday.

“I know exactly what it means to be the head coach of a national team and it comes with a huge responsibility especially when the expectations of the Trinidad and Tobago public are very high. I am personally looking forward to this challenge and aiming to see what difference I can make in this part of the FA’s program. The main objective is to qualify for the next FIFA Under 20 World Cup in South Korea and our first objective is to come out of the Caribbean phase and into the CONCACAF final round,” Williams added.

The provisional training squad will be announced shortly but Williams commented on the talent at his disposal, saying “It’s an interesting one. We have at least sixteen players already shortlisted who are playing with the senior teams in the local Pro League and of course we have some other talents like Levi Garcia who is also eligible to play for the Under 20 team. I will have a look at the players coming out of the past Under 17 team and we will gather all the information on eligible players from the North American Leagues and other overseas leagues,” Williams added.

The TTFA President also disclosed that the group phase of the Caribbean Football Union qualification will be staged in Trinidad and Tobago in June. Four teams from the Caribbean will advance to the CONCACAF Final stage from which four nations will then qualify for the 2017 FIFA Under 20 World Cup in South Korea.

John-Williams further added that the CFU Final Round of the Under 17 qualifiers will be staged in Trinidad and Tobago in August/September which means the team will have automatic entry

The TTFA President said he was pleased with the appointment of Williams and Jamerson, adding that their appointments were approved by the TTFA Technical Committee chaired by Dexter Skeene.

“We are pleased with the appointments. We know that the Under 20 qualifiers come up in mid-June and we are looking forward with a lot of anticipation.

“The good thing about this administration so far is that the technical committee approved the appointments. They were given certain guidelines and we have the support of the technical committee and I am happy to make the announcement on behalf of the technical committee,” John-Williams stated.

“In terms of the Under 17 team, a program has been running since under the past administration and has continued and we are very happy about that. Regarding the Under 20 team, this team is going to be a very good one in that several of the players are already playing senior football in the TT Pro League and the rest of the players will come from the last Under 17 team so I think we are very comfortable with where we are at in terms of the Under 20 program and we expect a very good showing from them,” John-Williams added.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/_AQqJXrDyHU" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/_AQqJXrDyHU</a>
« Last Edit: January 02, 2018, 02:40:49 AM by Flex »
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Brian Williams appointed head coach of Men’s U-20 team
« Reply #56 on: April 06, 2016, 07:50:25 PM »
forget levi garcia his club would not release him ...

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 06, 2016, 08:47:00 PM »
Positive.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 06, 2016, 09:10:20 PM »

I have seen so many failures in this post as U-20 Coach I can only pray for better yes..

Important for us to do well at the youth levels. The goal is to qualify for the Youth World Cup.

Offline amwood

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 06, 2016, 10:52:15 PM »
Wishing the new u20 coach the very best...

1]; } ?>