March 29, 2024, 05:58:31 AM

Author Topic: Men's U-20 Football Team Thread.  (Read 71424 times)

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Men's U-20 Football Team Thread.
« Reply #630 on: July 03, 2022, 10:26:28 PM »
ffisback, let's be honest, defensively, the team play was poor. So Eve strategy did not work at all. Apart from Roka, I did not see any real standout defenders. I may be wrong but point one out to me. I think Real and Khan and the striker who scored 4 goals can be the type of players Hart was asking about. They can take on opponents. But they need something more. Physical fitness and strength.  TTFA has to offer more.
You touched on a valid point as far as defenders go.
It's hard to imagine that there are no better defenders in that age group in the whole of TnT.
Added to that, it's hard to imagine that in the two combines in the US, they couldn't find any better -- foreign-based defenders -- than those that were selected.
It's hard to imagine that out of the 30-plus players looked at in the combines that they couldn't find at least 4 or 5 defenders who were comfortable controlling and passing the ball, in addition to their defensive abilities? I was really hung up on that during our games.

it's hard to imagine that out of the 30-plus players looked at in the combines that they couldn't find at least 4 or 5 defenders who were comfortable controlling and passing the ball, in addition to their defensive abilities? I was really hung up on that during our games.

They can go over the videotapes of the overseas sessions and reassess the overseas players again.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: July 04, 2022, 04:44:15 AM »
ffisback, let's be honest, defensively, the team play was poor. So Eve strategy did not work at all. Apart from Roka, I did not see any real standout defenders. I may be wrong but point one out to me. I think Real and Khan and the striker who scored 4 goals can be the type of players Hart was asking about. They can take on opponents. But they need something more. Physical fitness and strength.  TTFA has to offer more.
It's hard to imagine that there are no better defenders in that age group in the whole of TnT.
Added to that, it's hard to imagine that in the two combines in the US, they couldn't find any better -- foreign-based defenders -- than those that were selected.
It's hard to imagine that out of the 30-plus players looked at in the combines that they couldn't find at least 4 or 5 defenders who were comfortable controlling and passing the ball, in addition to their defensive abilities? I was really hung up on that during our games.

it's hard to imagine that out of the 30-plus players looked at in the combines that they couldn't find at least 4 or 5 defenders who were comfortable controlling and passing the ball, in addition to their defensive abilities? I was really hung up on that during our games.

They can go over the videotapes of the overseas sessions and reassess the overseas players again.

Who should be the "they"?

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: July 04, 2022, 07:25:10 AM »

Who should be the "they"?

"They" means, Angus, the technical committee, coaches, whoever the NC has coaching the teams etc. They need to assess both local and overseas players again.

Offline ffisback

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: July 04, 2022, 02:42:57 PM »
The president of Concacaf is a puppet for the U S A I hope Mexico and Costa Rica and the other country's protest that these 2 teams automatically qualify for the Olympic games in 2024.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: July 05, 2022, 12:14:55 PM »
The president of Concacaf is a puppet for the U S A I hope Mexico and Costa Rica and the other country's protest that these 2 teams automatically qualify for the Olympic games in 2024.

How can they protest when they go along  with whatever he proposes. Concacaf is run by a cabal that is financed by US and Mexican money. Both CR and Mexican teams lost fair and square .... on the field.

Offline ffisback

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: July 05, 2022, 02:31:10 PM »
MEX and CR thought it would not effect them but they were wrong there is no way JA and DR should be playing each other to go to a WC Guatemala and DR will get a good cut tail when they play in the WC.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: July 06, 2022, 10:03:43 AM »
MEX and CR thought it would not effect them but they were wrong there is no way JA and DR should be playing each other to go to a WC Guatemala and DR will get a good cut tail when they play in the WC.

ffisback, you know, everybody was predicting that US, Mex, CR and Canada(maybe Panama) would be going to the U20 WC. And also the strong possibility that Mex and US going to Paris Olympic. Well, so much fortune for the prognosticators. They were wrong on 3. Only one came thru. I would never have guess DR going to the semis far less to Paris.

The tournament was going thru to form until the round of 16 started. Before that though, I was hooked on Haiti to upset the "mango cart" after seeing them battle Mexico to a goalless draw. Then up come JA who beat them. Unfortunately for Haiti, their keeper made two mistakes to gift JA the victory. Then up comes DR and beat JA. Then Mexico got beat, Canada got beat. Honduras got beat. And the US and DR battles for championship honors. That was never in the fortune teller's card.

DR was able to advance because they were training and playing despite covid. As a matter of fact, concacaf allowed DR to be the Caribbean "bubble". Haiti has been playing all their international home games in the DR. And I think TT did play some WC games there. JA, PR, DR and Haiti were the teams who were training despite the covid. On the other hand all the other Caribbean islands who ENFORCED their Covid protocols performed badly.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2022, 10:26:56 PM by Deeks »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: July 06, 2022, 03:14:39 PM »

ffisback, you know, everybody was predicting that US, Mex, CR and Canada(maybe Panama) would be going to the U20 WC. And also the strong possibility that Mex and US going to Paris Olympic. Well, so much fortune for the prognosticators. They were wrong on 3. Only one came thru. I would never have guess DR going to the semis far less to Paris.

The tournament was going thru to form until the round of 16 started. Before that though, I was hooked on Haiti to upset the "mango cart" after seeing them battle Mexico to a goalless draw. Then up come JA who beat them. Unfortunately for Haiti, their keeper made two mistakes to gift JA the victory. Then up comes DR and beat JA. Then Mexico got beat, Canada got beat. Honduras got beat. And the US and DR battles for championship honors. That was never in the fortune teller's card.

DR was able to advance because they were training and playing despite covid. As a matter of fact, concacaf allowed DR to be the Caribbean "bubble". Haiti has been playing all their international home games in the DR. And I think TT did play some WC games there. JA, PR, DR and Haiti were the teams who were training despite the covid. On the other hand all the other Caribbean islands who ENFORCED their Covid protocols performed badly.

Iz more than Covid, Deeks. They have been building strategically for the better part of a decade - on two fronts, at home and bit by bit, abroad. As far back as ~2016, I vooped and reached out to Atlético Pantoja to see whether they would be interested in a T&T player who had USL quality ... they were all set with players whose resumes were more compelling.

DR is a top to bottom revolution rather than ground up. Within the past months, a Panamanian player asked me to reach out to technical staff at 2 DR clubs, thinking he would have an easier path than in Panama ... not the case. Things have only ramped up. Gone are the brief days when a 2nd/3rd division Panamanian might have commanded immediate attention there. And those who would feel that the DR gehhin licks at the WC or Olympics means they haven't really accomplished anything, would be missing the point.

As you suggest, commitment to play during Covid is also an indicator of placing a premium on football. Nicaragua is another to the list you mentioned. Similar positives for them. Our mess is of "our" making.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: May 21, 2023, 08:43:40 AM »
Dante Sealy did not make the US  under 20  WC roster interesting
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline chelsealife

• You must be the change you wish to see in this world
  • Hero Warrior
  • Its BLUE, what else matters?
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: May 21, 2023, 11:26:13 AM »
What's interesting about it? He only scored one goal for his club all season

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: May 21, 2023, 11:47:41 PM »
Well, TT is always his second best shot.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: October 01, 2023, 06:17:53 AM »
2024 Concacaf Men's Under-20 Qualifiers draw set for October 11
Concacaf .com

https://www.concacaf.com/under-20s-men/article/2024-concacaf-men-s-under-20-qualifiers-draw-set-for-october-11/

Miami, FL (Thursday, September 28, 2023) – Concacaf has confirmed important details regarding the 2024 Concacaf Men’s Under-20 Qualifiers. The 2024 U-20 Championship qualifying competition, to be disputed among the Concacaf Member Associations ranked between 7 and 41, will take place February 23 - March 2, 2024.

The 27 national teams participating in the qualifiers are (in alphabetical order): Anguilla, Antigua & Barbuda, Aruba, Barbados, Belize, Bermuda, British Virgin Islands, Canada, Cayman Islands, Cuba, Curacao, Dominica, El Salvador, Grenada, Guatemala, Guyana, Haiti, Jamaica, Martinique, Nicaragua, Puerto Rico, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Martin, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Suriname, Trinidad and Tobago, and Turks and Caicos Islands.

The official draw for the qualifiers will be conducted on October 11, 2023, at Concacaf Headquarters in Miami, FL. The participating teams will be divided into six groups in this made-for-tv event. Fans can follow all the action starting at 11:00 am ET on Concacaf.com and Concacaf's social media platforms.

For the draw, the teams have been split into pots according to their ranking as follows (listed in ranking order per pot):

Pot 1: Guatemala, El Salvador, Haiti, Cuba, Jamaica, and Canada

Pot 2: Trinidad and Tobago, Curacao, Nicaragua, Antigua & Barbuda, Puerto Rico, and Bermuda

Pot 3: Saint Kitts and Nevis, Suriname, Aruba, Grenada, Belize, and Saint Vincent and the Grenadines

Pot 4: Cayman Islands, Guyana, Dominica, British Virgin Islands, Saint Martin and Martinique

Pot 5: Barbados, Anguilla, and Turks and Caicos Islands

Teams will be placed into Groups A, B, C, D, E, and F according to the order they are drawn, with no more than one team from each pot per group.

After round-robin play between February 23 and March 2, 2024, the first-place team from each group will advance to the 2024 Concacaf Men's U-20 Championship, joining the six pre-seeded top-ranked nations.

The qualifiers' complete match schedule will be announced after the official draw.

2024 Concacaf Men's Under-20 Championship

The 12-team Championship is scheduled for the summer of 2024 and will feature the region's 12 best men's U-20 national teams divided into three groups of four. After round-robin play, the two top teams of each group and the two best third place teams will advance to a Knockout Stage comprised of Quarterfinals, Semifinals, and Final. At the conclusion of the competition, the four top finishers (semifinalists) will qualify for the 2025 FIFA Men's U-20 World Cup.

The nations pre-seeded into the Championships' Group Stage are (in ranking order): United States (1), Honduras (2), Mexico (3), Panama (4), Costa Rica (5), and the Dominican Republic (6).

Further details regarding the 2024 Concacaf Men's U-20 Championship, including the tournament's host and draw details, will be published following the conclusion of the Qualifiers.

In the previous edition of the Concacaf Men's U-20 Championship, played in Honduras in 2022, the United States won its third title after defeating the Dominican Republic 6-0 in the Final. By reaching the tournament's Final, both nations secured a berth in the Paris 2024 Men's Olympic Football Tournament.

2024 Concacaf Under-20 Qualifiers
2024 Concacaf Under-20 Championship
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: October 02, 2023, 09:04:32 PM »
This was one of the better U-17 teams in the last decade or so.

They need to start training as a team NOW, and play two matches each against at least 10 of the top twelve teams in CONCACAF at a bare minimum. It’s preferential but we don’t even need a big name coach. If Anton Bertille and Vranes could do it, Eve should be able to do it.

My reading is T&T teams require a comparatively longer time to gel as a team than their peers.

And they are invariably ‘surprised’ at the physical speed at which top tier CONCACAF counterparts play.

A quick glance at the set-up of all our 4 MNT/YMNT World Cup qualifying teams, or those that came close to qualifying (1989) shows a significantly longer period together, coupled with more games against top tier opposition.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2023, 09:08:43 PM by ZANDOLIE »
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: October 03, 2023, 10:02:14 AM »
Zando those  U17 players are with their schools.  winning the  Intercol/ secondary schools premier league is very important ...

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Men's U-20 Football Team Thread
« Reply #644 on: October 04, 2023, 07:11:56 PM »
2026, Lord put a hand.

Sometimes I wonder if the infatuation for playing school football is analogous with the fete match infatuation some of our player exhibit.

How can the game develop if the establishment continues to push adoration over professionalism?

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #645 on: October 05, 2023, 06:43:15 AM »
What are the other options for these kids? Playing in the local pro league is a waste of time. So being a young "adult" choosing between schoolboy fame and the local pro league it is understandable they gravitate towards the SSFL.

Until we can establish good football academies (not youth club teams) with links to clubs/academies in other countries, youth football is destined to be nothing more school football where the occasional player makes a breakthrough.

We need to figure out how to establish good academies with good coaches.

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: October 07, 2023, 02:41:55 PM »
Madness even if good academies were established, as they should, would they come in enough numbers to make them viable and contributive to the national effort? There is a ‘big fish small pond strain of thought endemic to local football that will have to break to make it work.

Look Travis Mulraine just complained about Naps players who played in the Pro League willfully not following instructions that led to a loss against St. Benedict’s. This idea that the priority of the game is to have fun is well and good….if you’re 12 years old. Their better CONCACAF peers counterparts graduated from ‘fun’ a long time ago.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #647 on: January 10, 2024, 03:46:18 PM »
Trinidad and Tobago FA to restructure youth programmes in 2024.
By Jelani Beckles (T&T Newsday).

TECHNICAL director of the Trinidad and Tobago Football Association Anton Corneal said the local football body will have to do some restructuring as FIFA has announced that from 2025 youth tournaments will be held every year, instead of every other year.

In an interview with TTFA media, Corneal said, "Now we've got to redesign what we are doing when it comes to a high-performance programme. Instead of catering for players every two years now we will be catering for players every year."

He said more human resources and money will be needed to ensure T&T could have teams represented.

"It is going to be difficult to manage because you are asking for a second staff to be hired...If it does not come with additional funding then it is going to become difficult and we will have to make sure we prioritise in a way that it is beneficial to all."

The Under-20 T&T boys team will be the first team in action in 2024.

"We've got a few things (this year). First, we have youth tournaments. The Under-20 boys will be the immediate youth tournament where the preliminary group will be played in T&T in February."

Corneal said the Under-20 players in training have potential.

"We have been in training (locally) for the last two and a half months. I have to say it is a real competitive group of players. They would merge with players out of the US and a few out of the UK."

T&T will host Group D of the Concacaf Men's Under-20 qualifiers, also featuring Canada, St Vincent and the Grenadines and Dominica. Group matches will kick off on February 23 at Hasely Crawford Stadium, Mucurapo. Only the winner will advance to the next round of qualification.

Corneal said it would be a challenge to advance past the group and move on to the next round in July. "It is not going to be a given...But we have had relatively decent results against Canada over the last ten years where it has fluctuated. They have won some and we have won some."

Corneal said coaching education will continue including four C license courses, two B license courses and one A license course.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: January 12, 2024, 06:47:13 AM »
we are  playing jamaicau20 in some warm ups

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SW5JwfLrDMk
« Last Edit: January 12, 2024, 06:51:41 AM by Trini _2026 »

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: January 24, 2024, 08:10:41 AM »
T&T U-20s to host Jamaica in CONCACAF warm-up series
T&T Guardian

This country’s Under-20 men’s football team will face Jamaica’s U-20s in three warm-up matches in T&T starting on Thursday as both countries ramp up their preparations for their upcoming CONCACAF U-20 Men’s World Cup qualifying group qualifiers.

The Jamaicans will begin a residential camp here this week while T&T head coach and former T&T international Brian Haynes is currently overseeing preparations with a 30-man squad.

Haynes is expected to have a quota of overseas-based players join his group later this month before finalising his squad for Group D of the Concacaf qualifiers alongside Canada, Dominica and St Vincent and the Grenadines at the Hasely Crawford Stadium, Mucurapo, Port-of-Spain while Jamaica will contest Group F with Bermuda, Grenada and Martinique in St Kitts and Nevis.

T&T and Jamaica will meet in three matches on Thursday, Sunday and February 1 with the venues and start times to be finalised today.

“It’s going to be games against a team from the Caribbean first of all with the kind of play that we’re accustomed to,” Haynes told TTFA Media on Saturday following a training match against Caledonia AIA Unders-20s which his team won 3-1 at the Mannie Ramjohn Stadium Training Field, Marabella.

“But at the same time, it’s quality games and we are going to have to come with our best effort to show these guys that we can play, not only play but to win because as far as I’m concerned that’s what is going to bring the crowds to the stadium.

“We are going to work hard and try to win games. I expect these matches to be well contested so that it serves its purpose in this phase of our preparations.”

On the current preparations, Haynes continued, “I’m at a point where I can start to see what the team is going to look like. Everybody is not here as yet but all the players who are here at the moment in T&T are doing what they are supposed to do.

“I’ve seen improvements in the defending, into the midfield and when we go forward and as far as I’m concerned all those are things that we still need to sharpen up.

“We haven’t been good on finishing. One goal in a game of 90 minutes is good so far but we need to improve in getting more goals.”

After round-robin play in the Concacaf qualifying opening round between February 23 and March 2, the first-place team from each group will advance to the 2024 Concacaf Men’s U-20 Championship, joining the six pre-seeded top-ranked nations.

San Juan North Secondary and Caledonia AIA winger Lindell Sween, a member of the locally-based training squad said he was very excited about the qualifiers.

The Santa Cruz-born Sween added, “I’m really excited and preparation is going very well, but I think the guys need to come together a little bit more to perform well in the upcoming tournament.”

Being a part of the Caledonia set-up in the T&T Premier Football League Tier I competition, Sween said he sees himself as a leader among the U-20 players in training.

Reflecting on his stint as part of the national U-17 team and playing against Canada at the CONCACAF level, Sween who scored a gem of a free-kick against the North Americans in a 3-2 loss last year (February) said it helped him to understand that T&T can perform against teams like Canada, and USA.

During the current U-20 sessions, the 17-year-old Sween said he has improved on the defensive aspect of his game which will be an asset to the team.

“I’m learning to do more work on the defensive end because it can lead to us having counter-attacks,” said Sween, who credited his parents for being his major influential figures, noted that he also harbours ambitions to break into the senior national team in the near future, lining up alongside some of the players who he look up too like Keron Cummings, Levi Garcia, Nathaniel James, and Real Gill.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: January 24, 2024, 10:30:59 AM »
Caleb Borneo is invited

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #651 on: January 25, 2024, 12:52:40 AM »
U-20 Soca Warriors friendly vs Jamaica shifted to UTT, O’Meara.
By Roneil Walcott (T&T Newsday).

T&T’s under-20 men’s football team’s friendly against Jamaica has been shifted from the St James Police Barracks to UTT’s O’Meara campus. The match will kick off at 4 pm on Thursday and forms part of T&T’s preparations for next month’s Concacaf championship qualifiers.

On Tuesday, the TT Football Association (TTFA) confirmed the Barracks as the venue for the first friendly, with T&T also set to meet Jamaica at the Larry Gomes Stadium, Malabar on February 1. On Wednesday evening, though, TTFA technical director Anton Corneal confirmed the change to the O’Meara venue. He said the Caribbean rivals wanted to utilise “a better playing surface” for their friendly duel.

Corneal also confirmed another friendly encounter for Jamaica, who will suit up against TT Premier Football League (TTPFL) tier one outfit Police FC in Malabar from 4 pm on Sunday. Police have a host of players with Soca Warriors experience, including brothers Alvin and Joevin Jones and former T&T skipper Khaleem Hyland. Police are currently second on the 11-team TTPFL table with 18 points — three points behind leaders AC PoS.

T&T, coached by Brian Haynes, are in Group D of the Concacaf qualifiers alongside Canada, Dominica and St Vincent and the Grenadines.

The full Trinidad and Tobago team for tomorrow’s friendly contest is as follows:

Goalkeepers: Tor Fletcher (Gateway Athletics), Tyrese Romain (Naparima College), Makaya Taylor (Presentation College, San F’do);

Defenders: Jordan Ferdinand (Malick Secondary), Joshua Figaro (Trinity College East), Russel Francois (St Anthony’s College), Akil Henry (Arima North Secondary), Lyshaun Morris (St Benedict’s College), Jaden Williams (Fatima College), Duhrell Young (Presentation College, San F’do);

Midfielders: Aidan De Gannes (Fatima College), Abayomi George, Levi Jones (both Presentation College), Tau Lamsee (QRC), Josiah Ochoa (St Benedict’s College), Nathan Quashie (San Juan North);

Attackers: Michael Chaves (Fatima College), Jabari Forbes (Naparima College), Jlon Matthews (Malick Secondary), Jeremiah Niles, Malachi Webb (both St Benedict’s College), Lindell Sween (San Juan North), Aidan Ward (Welling—England).

« Last Edit: January 30, 2024, 01:24:27 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: January 25, 2024, 02:31:23 PM »
Ah know is a practice match. Well leh we see how dey playin' nah.
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: January 26, 2024, 09:36:01 AM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/n727LsgNJcU" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/n727LsgNJcU</a>

Online Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: January 26, 2024, 01:17:01 PM »
Not really an impressive showing by either side, the good u20 sides play about twice as fast.  Keep striving

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: January 26, 2024, 03:52:12 PM »
U-20s beat Jamaica 3-2 in ‘good exercise’
By Roger Seepersad (T&T Express)

“A good exercise”.

That is how the Trinidad and Tobago Under-20 Men’s football team head coach Brian Haynes described his team’s 3-2 win over their Jamaican counterparts in an international friendly at the UTT’s O’Meara Campus in Arima, yesterday.

It was the first outing for the team under the new coach, who was appointed in November last year.

The game, which was originally scheduled to be played at the Police Barracks in St James, was shifted to Arima and was the first of two friendly games between the two countries, which will form part of T&T’s preparations for next month’s CONCACAF Under-20 qualifiers.

T&T have been drawn in Group D alongside Canada, Dominica and St Vincent and the Grenadines for the tournament.

Yesterday, Lindell Sween opened the scoring for the hosts in the 13th minute, while Levi Jones doubled the lead in the 20th.

Jamaica pulled a goal back just before the intermission, with Jahmani Bell’s 40th minute item keeping the game interesting with T&T leading 2-1 at half-time.

But Michael Chaves converted a penalty to restore T&T’s two-goal cushion in the 58th minute.

But Jamaica kept up their intensity to the end, with Dunsting Cohen scoring in the 81st to make it 3-2. The visitors had other opportunities to level the scores towards the end but the hosts held on for the win.

“As far as I am concerned the exercise was good. Nobody was hurt, thank God, and the main group, the group that started the game, did what we wanted them to do and I thought the guys that came in did a good job as well,” said Haynes.

“I will commend the Jamaican team for coming out and giving us a good game because this is what we needed and this is what they needed and hopefully this propels us to keep playing at the level I know we can,” the T&T coach continued.

“I still think there are things we need to work on but for right now I’m really happy with the result by our boys,” he added.

TEAMS

Trinidad and Tobago (4-2-3-1): 22.Tor Fletcher (GK) (21.Makaya Taylor [GK] 73); 2.Lyshaun Morris (14.Jordan Ferdinand 63), 5.Russel Francois (13.Joshua Figaro 82), 4.Akil Henry (12.Jaden Williams 82), 3.Duhrell Young (15.Jeremiah Niles 73); 8.Abayomi George (16.Tau Lamsee 70), 6.Levi Jones (captain) (17.Josiah Ochoa 63); 7.Jlon Matthews (17.Jabari Forbes 73), 10.Lindell Sween (18.Aidan De Gannes 46), 11.Malachi Webb (23.Nathan Quashie 82); 9.Michael Chaves (20.Aidan Ward 73).

Unused substitute: 1.Tyrese Romain (GK).

Coach: Brian Haynes

Jamaica (4-3-3): 1.Joshua Grant (GK); 2.Malachi Molina, 4.Michael Forbes, 3.Kyron Horsley McKay, 5.Rolando Barrett; 6.Denzel McKenzie, 8.Kobi Thomas (captain), 10.Brian Burkett; 7.Jahmani Bell, 9.Tarik Scott, 11.Malachi Grant.

Substitutes: 13.Taywane Lynch (GK), 23.D’Jone Davis (GK), 14.Keyanni Jackson, 12.Christopher Ainsworth, 15.Adrian Reid, 17.Omario Henry, 18.Romarion Thomas, 19.Tyrese Gowe, 20.Nickoy Gayle, 21.Dunsting Cohen, 22.Demarion Harris.

Coach: John Wall
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: January 27, 2024, 06:00:56 AM »
Not really an impressive showing by either side, the good u20 sides play about twice as fast.  Keep striving

The standout U20 teams also play ~ 4x in terms of frequency.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #657 on: January 28, 2024, 03:00:03 PM »
Under-20 Soca Warriors coach Brian Haynes satisfied with Under-20s progress.
By Jelani Beckles (T&T Newsday).

COACH of the Trinidad Tobago Under-20 men's football team Brian Haynes is satisfied with the progress his players are making, following a 3-2 (Highlights) win over Jamaica in a practice match at the University of TT, O'Meara Campus on Thursday.

Goals from Lindell Sween, Levi Jones and Michael Chaves gave T&T the narrow victory.

T&T used the match as preparation for the Concacaf Under-20 Championship Qualifiers which will be played next month.

Speaking to the media following the match, Haynes said, "As far as I am concerned the exercise was good. Nobody's hurt, thank God. The guys worked hard and the main group, the group that started, they did what we wanted them to do and I thought the guys that came in did a good job as well."

He thanked Jamaica for giving them a competitive match. "I commend the Jamaica team for coming down and giving us a good game, because this is what we need and this is what they need and hopefully this propels us to keep playing at the level I know we can."

Haynes said there is still room to improve. "There are things we have to work on, but right now I am really happy with the result for the boys."

Haynes said the third goal T&T scored pleased him as his players passed the ball around which led to a penalty, scored by Chaves.

T&T and Jamaica will play each other in another friendly at Larry Gomes Stadium, Arima on February 1 at 4 pm.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2024, 03:08:17 PM by Flex »

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #658 on: February 02, 2024, 01:58:32 AM »
U-20 Reggae Boyz get revenge against Trinidad and Tobago in 3-1 win.
By Roneil Walcott (T&T Newsday).

Trinidad and Tobago's under-20 men's football team were dealt a 3-1 loss by Jamaica's under-20 team in their second friendly encounter which was played at the Larry Gomes Stadium in Malabar on Thursday.

Jamaica exacted revenge over T&T, as the previous friendly between the Caribbean nations ended with a 3-2 result in TT's favour last week. As both teams continue their preparations for this month's Concacaf under-20 championship qualifiers, the Jamaican team came away with a morale boost.

T&T coach Brian Haynes said his team's loss stemmed from "ten minutes of madness" in the first half, which saw the Jamaicans scoring three goals to put the contest beyond the hosts. The TT team started the game in shaky fashion at the back, and lively Jamaican midfielder Denzel McKenzie made them pay a hefty price — scoring a pair of delicious goals inside the first 20 minutes of the game.

With panicked and clumsy defending being the order of the day for TT, Jamaica ran up a 3-0 lead when McKenzie got his second goal and they threatened to blow the young Soca Warriors away in Malabar.

Jamaica's first goal came in just the ninth minute. Remarkably, they could have been down 2-0 at the time as custodian Tor Fletcher saved a penalty from Christopher Ainsworth just seconds before. Soon after Fletcher dived to his right to keep out Ainsworth's left-footed penalty, McKenzie put the visitors ahead with a curling right-footer from the ensuing corner as Jamaica caught TT off guard with a swift set-piece routine.

Fletcher picked the ball out of his net just four minutes later when his central defender Russell Francois inadvertently poked a low cross into the roof of the TT goal. There was little Fletcher or Francois could have done about Jamaica's third goal, as McKenzie arrowed a free kick into the top corner from the edge of the area after a handball infringement by a T&T player.

Haynes made an adjustment as soon as the 22nd minute, as Naparima College midfielder Kanye Francis replaced St Benedict’s College striker Malachi Webb. Francis nearly brought T&T level in the 33rd minute with a thunderous long-range blast which crashed off the bar.

With the hosts increasingly growing into the game, they pulled a goal back in the 41st minute when their talisman Lindell Sween slid home from close range following a bad turnover by Nickoy Gayle in the Jamaica half.

Following their horrid showing at the back in the early stages, T&T threatened to cut loose just before the break, with both Levi Jones and J'Lon Matthews coming close to bulging the net with fierce hits from outside the area.

Jamaica's control of the game diminished in the second half and they opted to play the counter-attacking game. T&T fashioned decent chances in the second half, particularly through substitute Michael Chaves. However, the Fatima College student could not find his golden touch and the hosts were unable to make any further inroads.

T&T's blushes were also spared in the dying stages of the game when Dunsting Cohen was brilliantly denied from point-blank range.

With T&T expected to go into a Carnival camp next week ahead of their campaign which starts on February 23, Haynes said a friendly encounter with a locally based TT men's team outfit could be on the cards soon.

T&T are grouped with Canada, Dominica and St Vincent and the Grenadines for the championship qualifiers and will play all their matches at the Hasely Crawford Stadium in Mucurapo. Only the group winner will advance to the Concacaf men's under-20 championship.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: February 02, 2024, 06:29:53 AM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/xKPF4-lSVY4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/xKPF4-lSVY4</a>

1]; } ?>