March 19, 2024, 01:31:50 AM

Author Topic: Men's U-20 Football Team Thread.  (Read 70517 times)

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Men's U-20 Football Team Thread.
« Reply #360 on: May 20, 2022, 04:36:14 AM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/z8PIXl8R7U4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/z8PIXl8R7U4</a>
« Last Edit: May 20, 2022, 01:08:24 PM by Tallman »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: May 20, 2022, 02:17:11 PM »
Malachi Celestine wants to uplift Sea Lots through football
By Jonathan Ramnanansingh (T&T Newsday)

TRINIDAD AND Tobago Under-20 striker Malachi Celestine dreams of earning a coveted spot on the men’s football team.

Celestine, a resident of Sea Lots, wants to go all the way and become a pro player like his former East Mucurapo Secondary football predecessors Kevin Molino, as well as brothers Joevin and Alvin Jones.

Currently the Under-20 team is training towards their first round of Concacaf Under-20 Championship matches which kicks off in Honduras in June. TT open their group F campaign against Haiti on June 19, followed by matches against Mexico two days later and Suriname on June 23.

Coming from what many consider a depressed community, Celestine is intent on breaking the cycle and finding success through sport.

“Every day I wake up I want to be a better person and want to make a better career for myself. Football is a way to get my mind out of the negative aspects.

“Hopefully one day I would like to be one of those players (Molino and the Jones brothers). It’s very exciting knowing what I wanted to be, and I’m here today training with the national team. I want to make my community and family proud.

“It’s very important for us to try to qualify for this World Cup because it think it could be a revolution for our football. Football gives me hope and it’s a big part of who I am,” he said in an interview with TTFA media.

Celestine said he started appreciating football while growing up, viewing it on television and playing video games. He was inspired by former Manchester United and English striker Wayne Rooney.

In his younger years, Celestine played football on the community hard court with his friends. One day, his cousin took him to Queen’s Park Savannah, Port of Spain to try out for Trendsetter Hawks FC.

He was observed by their coach Anthony ‘Dada’ Wickham, who selected the youngster to his youth team.

“From there, I got picked and it’s then my career started. Dada inspired me a lot and helped me develop playing football.

“Living in growing up in Sea Lots, it’s hard because there aren’t many who do sport. It’s a lot of guns, smoking, drinking and partying. I wanted to make it different I wanted to show that Sea Lots (is not about) that alone,” he added.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: May 23, 2022, 07:23:59 AM »
Youth team midfielder De Leon lauds impact of Eve, Nakhid.
By Jonathan Ramnanansingh (T&T Newsday).

UNIVERSITY OF Alabama at Birmingham midfielder Curtis De Leon is goal-bound on securing his second Trinidad and Tobago team call-up ahead of the 2022 Concacaf Men’s Championships in Honduras.

Having previously represented T&T at the Under-17 level, under then coach Stern John, the United States-born player is now on the hunt for a spot in the Under-20 squad.

De Leon is part of a 39-member group of footballers currently in training at the Ato Boldon Stadium, Couva, under the guidance of coach Angus Eve. After the camp, 24 footballers will be selected to go into a live-in camp abroad ahead of the June 18-July 3 tourney.

T&T are in Group F alongside regional powerhouse Mexico, Haiti and Suriname. Three teams in each group advance to the round of 16.

The top four teams will earn a spot at the 2023 FIFA Under-20 World Cup in Indonesia and the two finalists will qualify for the 2024 Summer Olympics in Paris, France.

De Leon has been working assiduously to make the cut.

Reflecting on the camp, he said, “It’s been a great experience. Coach Angus is a bit different from coach Stern (John), who I was able to play under in 2019. I like football, I like the guys here. It’s high intensity when we come to training. Everybody has the right mindset so it’s a great experience to be a part of.

“We have a really good group here. I’m not focused on what the opposition has in their camps. I know if we go out there and play to the best of our ability we can go on to the knockout stages and progress from there. The kind of heart this team has, we can go all the way as long as we keep playing our game and trusting our coach.”

De Leon has played several matches for North Carolina FC and believes his experience in the US has greatly assisted his development as a young player coming through the ranks.

He also credited former national captain and midfielder David Nakhid, who contributed to his athletic growth through the David Nakhid International Football Academy.

“All of those experiences have taught me different things. University has taught me how to play with bigger guys that are faster and stronger, how to hold the ball up and make quicker decisions.

“Coach Nakhid helped me build confidence and learn how to create, dribble and be a real attacking threat. North Carolina FC has been my home and that’s where I’ve been playing for the last couple years. They have helped me to shape the player that I am today,” he added.

De Leon, the son of Trinidadian parents, plays division one football at Alabama.

De Leon however, called on fellow national players to capitalise on the forthcoming competition and use it as a platform to showcase their talent to the world.

I believe (to rep T&T) it’s a huge opportunity. When we play on an international stage, we’re being looked at by anyone possible. I’m seeing, I’m training, there’s a lot of guys and talent here that could be playing university and pro, but I don’t know why (they’re not).

“This is an opportunity for coaches, clubs and universities to get a look at T&T players and show what we can do.

“Last time I was here, I felt like I wasn’t strong and quick enough because everybody was bigger and faster than me. Those experiences helped me to sharpen my game to the point where none of that matters. I’ll be able to play my game and help the team, if selected, in the way that I can and know how to do,” he closed.

The U20s have played a few teams in the Ascension League in practice matches including Cunupia FC, AC Port of Spain and Terminix La Horquetta Rangers. T&T will tackle other teams at the pre-tournament overseas camp which will include two international teams and a club team.

WATCH De Leon aims to make Final Trinidad and Tobago U-20 Cut

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/KYC500YimZM" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/KYC500YimZM</a>

The guys from Europe in camp yet ?
« Last Edit: May 25, 2022, 11:57:38 PM by Flex »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: May 23, 2022, 07:55:34 AM »
022 Concacaf Men’s U-20 Championship kickoff times confirmed
Published on 13 May 2022 / Updated on 13 May 2022 at 22:30
Tournament will combine the region’s 2023 FMU20WC and 2024 Summer Olympics qualifying into a single event
Fans will be able to follow and enjoy the competition on TUDN | ViX (USA), Televisa (Mexico), One Soccer (CAN), ESPN (Caribbean and Central America)
Miami, FL – Concacaf has confirmed the kickoff times for the 2022 Concacaf Men’s U-20 Championship (CMU20C). The tournament is scheduled to take place in Tegucigalpa and San Pedro Sula, Honduras, from June 18 to July 3, 2022.

In September of 2021 the Confederation announced a new streamlined approach for this important tournament, which will see the region’s FIFA U-20 World Cup and Olympic qualification processes combined into a single event. Additionally, by reorganizing it as a summer competition, federations should have more opportunities to select their best young players.

The 2022 CMU20C will be disputed in two rounds, beginning with a 16-team group stage. After round robin play (June 18-23), the top three teams in each group will advance to the knockout stage, joining the four best teams from the 2021 Concacaf Men’s U-20 Qualifiers.

The knockout stage, including the round of 16 (June 25-26), quarterfinals (June 28-29), semifinals (July 1), and final (July 3) will all be played in San Pedro Sula, in a single match direct elimination format.

At the conclusion of the CMU20C quarterfinals, the four semifinalists will guarantee a spot in the 2023 FIFA Men’s Under-20 World Cup, while the finalists will also qualify for the 2024 Paris Summer Olympic Games.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: May 23, 2022, 07:56:47 AM »
4 more weeks .Time for some warm up games.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #365 on: May 23, 2022, 12:55:14 PM »
T&T gets Guyana friendly as foreigners boost U-20 squad.
By Walter Alibey (T&T Guardian).

Preparation for the CONCACAF Under-20 Championships to take place in the cities of San Pedro Sula and the capital Tegucigalpa, Honduras, June 18 to July 3, has gone into overdrive.

Coach Angus Eve has engaged 38 players following an extensive search in North America, Europe and other parts of the globe, inclusive of Rushon Sandy (Patuxent Football Athletics- USA), Jahiem Wickham (Toronto FC), Diego Nanton (International Centre for European Football - France), Noah Roka (FC Stadieu- Austria), Andrew De Gannes (Atlanta FC), Dantaye Gilbert (FC Malaga City- Spain), Isaiah Thompson (Unattached- UK), Tarik Trotman (Hartford Community College-USA), Xavier O’Neil (Real Oviedo- Spain), Curtis De Leon (University of Alabama Birmingham- USA), Josiah Edwards (Adovarense- Portugal), Jeremy Lashley (FC Edmonton- Canada), Jason Christian-Gajadhar (Vaughn Soccer Club- Canada), Cassidy Davidson (IFAPT- Portugal), Caled Borneo (Columbus Crew- USA), Micah Cain (TSV Meerbusch- Holland), Josiah Wilson (Cercle Brugge KSV- Belgium) and Zyon Makoul (IAFPT- Portugal) into a training camp.

Before a friendly match against Defence Force at the Ato Boldon Stadium in Couva on Monday, Eve revealed that only Tino Quamina —who was expected to arrive from English Premiership team Arsenal —picked up an injury and could not make it to the camp.

Otherwise, the major boost to his team’s preparation was expected to culminate with several international friendly matches starting on May 26 with a clash with the Guyana senior men’s team.

In addition to that match Eve and his staff have also lined up two other international friendlies when the team arrives at a foreign live-in camp, and another game against a team of repute. However, he said, he will only reveal details of the teams and where his team will be staying when everything has been finalised.

The T&T team has been drawn in Group F of the championships, alongside Mexico, Haiti and Suriname. The top three teams will progress out of the round.

Eve, who hosted the media on Monday said: “Most of the players came in from abroad and the other half of the players are from the screening that we’ve done in Trinidad and Tobago. We’ve done extensive training in North America and all over. We recruited guys who have different backgrounds in Europe. We’ve been training once a day because of the humidity. It’s been going really well, the guys have been working very hard and it’s been very competitive.”

He added, “Also we were able to secure some friendly matches for the team. We have Guyana, some of the teams that are playing in the Ascension (top teams), we have had games with them and now we’re having a game on the 26th of May against the Guyana senior men’s team to give the team a really good run-out before we leave to go on the foreign camp.”

The players have also been jelling nicely since they started arriving on May 19. Eve quizzed on what he wants to achieve during the local camp said: “ I want to play the way we normally play in Trinidad and Tobago, I want to express that, allow the kids to express themselves in the final third, really put the skills and talent that they have, I am not putting any restrictions on that.

But obviously, in our half, we want to be resolute, be very solid defensively so we could build a platform for these players to go forward and express themselves.”

From the 38, the squad is expected to be trimmed to 24 for the live camp ahead of the tournament.

WATCH De Leon aims to make Final Trinidad and Tobago U-20 Cut

« Last Edit: May 24, 2022, 01:04:03 PM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline ABTrini

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: May 26, 2022, 08:51:13 PM »
 Bring on Bangladesh- India- Pakistan?   we need the crowd supporters nah we need the games- well we should get that with Guyana. Heck why not Anguilla?

Why not take on Venezuela?  ent they closer? and could be a more formidable opposition?

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: May 27, 2022, 05:05:07 PM »
Did the jayden st paul Norwich dan imray crystal palace decline? .. eve said he is still  seeking a number 9 was Antwoine Hackford  given a look ? I see no Mitchell or tomas pena whitecaps and greene dc united a right back .. hmmm

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/ezwlIim_UQA" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/ezwlIim_UQA</a>
« Last Edit: May 28, 2022, 08:17:34 AM by Trini _2026 »

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: May 27, 2022, 06:17:06 PM »
After seeing the latest US roster with no Shaq Moore, it got me to wondering...is the Borneo kid part of this camp?
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: May 27, 2022, 06:52:47 PM »
Heard, U20 lost 1-0 to Guyana seniors in a friendly.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: May 28, 2022, 03:28:20 AM »

[/quote]
After seeing the latest US roster with no Shaq Moore, it got me to wondering...is the Borneo kid part of this camp?
kobi henry reject us eh I wonder about borneo did he  show up. Molik is joining the team in honduras.. no trial for him
« Last Edit: May 28, 2022, 08:16:10 AM by Trini _2026 »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: May 29, 2022, 12:48:44 PM »

He hasn't played enough to make a sufficient case for selection. Aside from that, the team is not on a good patch at the moment. In fact, they're losing as I post this. If they want to make it back to LL1 they have to sort themselves out quickly.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: May 29, 2022, 01:34:24 PM »
They are losing to who ?

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: May 29, 2022, 02:07:56 PM »
The following 34 players were called up for the provisional squad of suriname

DF   Jaël Marica   March 28, 2003 (age 19)   0   0   Netherlands Dordrecht U21
MF   Jaydavon Haas   February 21, 2004 (age 18)   0   0   Netherlands ADO Den Haag U18
MF   Chiverio Adely   November 29, 2004 (age 17)   0   0   Netherlands Sparta Rotterdam U18
FW   Dimitrio Andro   July 24, 2003 (age 18)   0   0   Suriname Transvaal
FW   Roche Asidan   September 9, 2003 (age 18)   0   0   Suriname Leo Victor
FW   Georrayne Boumann   January 12, 2005 (age 17)   0   0   Netherlands NAC U18
DF   Jair Brashuis   July 21, 2003 (age 18)   0   0   Suriname Leo Victor
FW   Robhinio Ceder   August 30, 2006 (age 15)   0   0   Suriname PVV
DF   Eja Dakriet   November 8, 2003 (age 18)   0   0   Netherlands Jong PEC Zwolle
MF   Eldjero de Mees   March 10, 2005 (age 17)   0   0   Suriname Transvaal
DF   Gabriel de Mees   October 5, 2004 (age 17)   0   0   Suriname Transvaal
FW   Givon Derby   April 4, 2003 (age 19)   0   0   Portugal Beira Mar
DF   Lloyd Donk   January 9, 2003 (age 19)   0   0   Suriname Broki
GK   Jonathan Fonkel   April 15, 2005 (age 17)   0   0   Suriname Robinhood
MF   Jayen Gerold   June 30, 2004 (age 17)   0   0   Netherlands AZ U18
DF   Nathaniel Haime   March 6, 2003 (age 19)   0   0   Suriname Voorwaarts
MF   Dejean Kamsi   September 15, 2004 (age 17)   0   0   Suriname Transvaal
MF   Olliano Ligeon   June 10, 2003 (age 18)   0   0   Suriname Robinhood
DF   Jamal Lodik   March 11, 2004 (age 18)   0   0   Suriname Robinhood
MF   Joel Matabadal   February 10, 2004 (age 18)   0   0   Suriname Robinhood
GK   Dwayne Meerzorg   August 24, 2003 (age 18)   0   0   Suriname Leo Victor
DF   Dichayro Naarendorp   June 15, 2004 (age 17)   0   0   Netherlands Utrecht U18
MF   Chesron Oostwoud   October 10, 2003 (age 18)   0   0   Netherlands Heerenveen U18
DF   Dustino Pere   June 19, 2003 (age 18)   0   0   Suriname Robinhood
DF   Raviek Pryor   March 7, 2004 (age 18)   0   0   Suriname Robinhood
MF   Amiel Reingoud   February 21, 2004 (age 18)   0   0   Suriname Santos
MF   Zyvairo Ritfeld   June 29, 2003 (age 18)   0   0   Netherlands Jong FC Emmen
MF   Jean Pierre Tjoen-A-Choy   February 21, 2004 (age 18)   0   0   Suriname Inter Wanica
DF   Safino Tuur   January 17, 2005 (age 17)   0   0   Suriname Adonai
MF   Robinho van Klaveren   November 19, 2004 (age 17)   0   0   Unattached
MF   Rafael Wartes   March 12, 2003 (age 19)   0   0   Suriname Robinhood
DF   Shafiek Wassenaar   January 9, 2003 (age 19)   0   0   Suriname SV Flora
DF   Elvis With   August 5, 2005 (age 16)   0   0   Suriname Leo Victor
GK   Leroy With   July 24, 2003 (age 18)   0

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: May 29, 2022, 02:09:14 PM »
MEXICO Squad
GK   José Eulogio   11 February 2004 (age 18)   Mexico Pachuca
GK   Emiliano Pérez   21 June 2003 (age 18)   Mexico Necaxa
GK   Anthony Ramos   5 February 2003 (age 19)   Portugal Real Sport Clube
GK   Diego Reyes   11 August 2003 (age 18)   Mexico Puebla
DF   Jesús Alcántar   30 July 2003 (age 18)   Mexico Necaxa
DF   Emiliano Freyfeld   16 March 2004 (age 18)   Mexico UNAM
DF   Jonathan Gómez   1 September 2003 (age 18)   Spain Real Sociedad B
DF   Alfredo Gutiérrez   25 April 2003 (age 19)   Mexico Necaxa
DF   Antonio Leone   28 April 2004 (age 18)   United States LAFC
DF   Everardo López   23 March 2005 (age 17)   Mexico Toluca
DF   Román Torres   22 December 2004 (age 17)   Mexico Necaxa
DF   Saúl Zamora   26 March 2003 (age 19)   Mexico León
MF   Fidel Ambríz   21 March 2003 (age 19)   Mexico León
MF   Karel Campos   17 January 2003 (age 19)   Mexico América
MF   Dagoberto Espinoza   17 April 2004 (age 18)   Mexico América
MF   Diego Gómez   10 September 2003 (age 18)   Mexico Necaxa
MF   Bryan González   10 April 2003 (age 19)   Mexico Pachuca
MF   Heriberto Jurado   3 January 2005 (age 17)   Mexico Necaxa
MF   Salvador Mariscal   22 April 2003 (age 19)   Mexico Santos Laguna
MF   Emilio Martínez   2 February 2003 (age 19)   Mexico Puebla
MF   Rafael Palma   9 January 2003 (age 19)   Mexico Pachuca
MF   Sebastián Pérez   22 June 2003 (age 18)   Mexico Guadalajara
MF   Isaías Violante   20 October 2003 (age 18)   Mexico Toluca
FW   Jesús Hernández   9 January 2004 (age 18)   Mexico Querétaro
FW   Esteban Lozano   10 March 2003 (age 19)   Mexico América
FW   Nathan Ordaz   12 January 2004 (age 18)   United States LAFC
FW   Jonathan Perez   18 January 2003 (age 19)   United States LA Galaxy
FW   Christian Torres   15 April 2004 (age 18)   United States LAFC

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #375 on: May 29, 2022, 02:11:11 PM »
I am curious about the Haitian U20 team

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: May 29, 2022, 02:58:53 PM »
They are losing to who ?

His club, Tenerife, lost to Cartagena. On paper they should have won, but they were also playing without key starting personnel. Having lost, they are going to be playing in a Canary Islands playoff derby v. Las Palmas in a few days.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: May 29, 2022, 03:07:48 PM »
NOTE: No Marcelo Flores in the Mexican squad. Frankly, in my view, the same sort of thing should happen with Molik Khan.

Offline chelsealife

• You must be the change you wish to see in this world
  • Hero Warrior
  • Its BLUE, what else matters?
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: May 29, 2022, 03:15:53 PM »
NOTE: No Marcelo Flores in the Mexican squad. Frankly, in my view, the same sort of thing should happen with Molik Khan.
Please explain.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: May 29, 2022, 03:18:23 PM »
Please explain.

what make khan so special to earn a spot ?

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: May 29, 2022, 03:19:32 PM »
Our Squad named..  those player   who came from Germany , Spain these high profile clubs  etc  did not make the final cut
« Last Edit: May 29, 2022, 03:24:41 PM by Trini _2026 »

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: May 29, 2022, 03:41:37 PM »
Goalkeepers
Tristan Edwards – Fatima College
Rushon Sandy – Patuxent Football Athletics (USA)
Jaheim Wickham – Toronto FC (Wickham)

Defenders
Christian Bailey – Defence Force FC
Isaiah Edwards – Police FC
Jaron Pascall – Police FC
Josiah Cooper – Club Sando
Marvin Waldrop – Club Sando
Jaheim Joseph- W Connection
Noah Roka – FC Stadieu (Austria)

Midfielders
Luke Phillip – Deportivo Point Fortin
Andrew De Gannes – Atlanta FC
Dantaye Gilbert – FC Malaga City Academy (Spain)
Isaiah Thompson – Unattached (UK)
Tyrik Trotman – Hartford Community College (USA)
Curtis De Leon – University Of Alabama Birmingham (USA)
Kahim Thomas – LH Rangers
Kassidy Davidson – IFAPT (Portugal)
Molik Khan – Minnesota United (USA)

Attackers
Jaheim Faustin – Defence Force FC
Tarik Lee – W Connection
Real Gill – Terminix La Horquetta Rangers
Josiah Wilson – Cercle Brugge K.S.V (Belgium)
Nathaniel James – W Connection

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: May 29, 2022, 04:29:50 PM »
Please explain.

Molik Khan has been at his club less than 2 months. Frame that in weeks. Why not let him consolidate his position at the club ... settle-in in terms of playing identity and adjusting to the environment?

In the case of Flores, Martino wants him to gain elevated playing experience ... break into Arsenal's First Team squad to build on his U18 and U23 experiences. The idea is that by November (delayed WC calendar), he could add matured value to the NT. So, why interrupt his progress etc. ... He will train with the FT.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2022, 04:40:19 PM by asylumseeker »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: May 29, 2022, 04:30:42 PM »
Please explain.

what make khan so special to earn a spot ?

Apparently he is a better player than you are willing to acknowledge.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #384 on: May 30, 2022, 11:29:39 AM »
Eve selects 24-man U-20 Squad.
TTFA Media.

Angus Eve today announced a Twenty-four man Trinidad and Tobago Men’s U-20 Squad that will head off to the CONCACAF Men’s U-20 Championship in Honduras next month. Prior to arriving for the championship, the squad will travel to Costa Rica for a training camp.

Eve oversaw a residential training camp at the Home of Football in Couva from May 19th-28th with thirty seven players. During the preparations, the team played six practice matches, defeating Defence Force (2-1), Police (1-0), Cunupia FC (4-1), losing to Terminix La Horquetta Rangers (3-1), Guyana Senior Men’s team (1-0) and drawing with AC Port of Spain 2-2.

Preparations resumed with training sessions in T&T on May 3 following Combines in Washington and Florida in April during which a total of 78 players, either eligible to represent T&T through parentage or place of birth, were seen in DC (48 players) and Fort Lauderdale (30).

“For the last two weeks I saw the kids come in. We have a particular way we like to play and for the most part, every single kid gave their best, they gave a hundred percent. I was very happy with the camp. I think Trinidad and Tobago’s football is in a good place seeing these kids coming up,” Eve told TTFA Media.

“Unfortunately we can’t keep all of them and maybe put some of them in another league so we can continue seeing them like the bigger countries such as Mexico and the US do. But we will keep the boys in a database so we will know how to locate them and monitor their progress.

“On the players who have made into the final cut- some of them have a bit of international experience. Some would have been with the previous U-15 team a couple years ago and some would have been in Stern’s (John) previous Under 17 team. And then we had some standouts from the local league here. We have a couple players who are also plying their trade in the MLS, so it’s a nice cadre of players.

“I’m gutted for the guys who were not selected and I’m overly emotional over it but as I explained to them… this is not the end. Michael Jordan was cut from his high school team and he became the best basketballer we’ve ever seen so this is just a stumbling block and they can go back to the drawing board and come back stronger.

“The staff with the Under 20s will leave on June 5th and we have two practice matches over there.Reynold Carrington will be in charge of that group. We will join them on the 14th after we play our last CNL match on June 13th.”

A twenty-man squad can be registered for the actual championship.

The former Senior Men’s team captain and member of the first T&T team to qualify for a FIFA World Cup, the 1991 FIFA World Youth Cup in Portugal, said he was looking ahead to the next few weeks with keen anticipation.

“I am extremely excited about the next few weeks of our football. I am extremely fortunate. God has blessed me with position where I can try to affect… improve and help Trinidad and Tobago football get back on the map and I am very humbled by that,” Eve added.

“The staff is excited with what we’ve seen of the players. We had some really good practice matches against Defence Force, Police FC… top teams with really good coaches. I respect Hutson Charles and Richard Hood and these guys. We played against Rangers. We played Guyana national senior team and thank you to Jamaal Shabazz for that run out.”

T&T opens Group F against Haiti on June 19th at the Estadio Morazan in San Pedro Sula and will face Mexico on June 21st and Suriname on June 23 at the same venue.

The top three teams in the group advances to the round of 16, where they will be joined by the four teams advancing from the 2021 CONCACAF U-20 Championship qualifying.Unlike the previous editions, the competition will determine not only the four CONCACAF representatives at the 2023 FIFA U-20 World Cup in Indonesia, but also the two CONCACAF representatives at the 2024 Summer Olympics.

T&T Squad

Goalkeepers:

Tristan Edwards (Fatima College), Rushon Sandy (Patuxent Football Athletics—USA), Jahiem Wickham (Toronto FC—Canada);

Defenders:

Christian Bailey (Defence Force FC), Isaiah Edwards (Police FC), Jaron Pascall (Police FC), Jaheim Joseph (W Connection), Marvin Waldrop (Club Sando), Noah Roka (FC Stadieu—Austria), Josiah Cooper (Club Sando);

Midfielders:

Luke Phillip (Deportivo Point Fortin), Andrew De Gannes (Atlanta Utd Academy—USA), Dantaye Gilbert (FC Malaga City Academy—Spain), Isaiah Thompson (Unattached), Tyrik Trotman (Hartford Community College—USA), Curtis De Leon (University of Alabama, Birmingham—USA), Kaihim Thomas (Terminix La Horquetta Rangers), Kassidy Davidson (IFAPT—Portugal), Molik Jesse Khan (Minnesota United II—USA),

Attackers:

Jaheim Faustin (Defence Force FC), Tarik Lee (W Connection), Real Gill (Terminix La Horquetta Rangers), Josiah Wilson (Cercle Brugge KSV—Belgium), Nathaniel James (W Connection).

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: May 31, 2022, 10:40:03 AM »
Looking to see how Jaheim Faustin performs. He and Khan combine very well around the upper left portion. Scored a beautiful goal against Panama at U-15.

I believe Eve has the makings of a good manager. He seems to be no nonsense but flexible, has good man management, and I think he sees the bigger picture.

Anyway, they look solid. To my uneducated eye, a challenge might be coalescing as a team, only because of the heavier presence of new players in the midfield.  Good luck to them.

Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: May 31, 2022, 03:00:28 PM »
Alot of Aston villa players hmmmm ???

# Last name
Antigua and Barbuda
Position First name Common name Date of birth Club
1 DF JARVIS AIDEN AIDEN JARVIS 10.07.2004 NY RED BULLS 2 (USA)
2 FW MOODY-STUART ALEXANDER ALEXANDER MOODY-STUART 27.08.2004 UNATTACHED (ATG)
3 DF JAMES BLAVION BLAVION JAMES 19.06.2003 OLD ROAD FC (ATG)
4 FW HADEED CONOR CORNOR HADEED 05.04.2003 UNATTACHED (ATG)
5 MF BARTHLEY DAJUN DAJUN BARTHLEY 10.01.2004 ASTON VILLA FC (ENG)
6 DF FREELAND DANIEL DANIEL FREELAND 14.02.2004 SAP FC (ATG)
7 FW MASSICOT DARYL DARYL MASSICOT 12.02.2005 JENNINGS UNITED FC (ATG)
8 MF HADEED DILLAN DILLAN HADEED 25.03.2003 NORTH COAST JR FC (ATG)
9 MF SIMON-PONTE DINARI SIMON- PONTE 13.10.2004 CEDARS STARS ACADEMY
(USA)
DINARI
10 DF COLE DORIEN COLE 25.03.2004 ALL SAINTS UNITED FC
(ATG)
DORIEN
11 MF HUGHES ISAIAH ISAIAH HUGHES 26.07.2005 UNATTACHED (ATG)
12 MF BROWN J'TWAN J'TWAN BROWN 13.10.2005 PARHAM FC (ATG)
13 GK DOWDYE JADEN JADEN DOWDYE 02.03.2003 UNATTACHED (ATG)
14 DF BARTHLEY JAHZIME BARTHLEY 13.04.2005 ALL SAINTS UNITED FC
(ATG)
JAHZIME
15 FW FERDINAND JOSHUA JOSHUA FERDINAND 13.05.2005 ASTON VILLA FC (ENG)
16 FW SAMUEL JOSHUA SAMUEL 04.09.2003 ATTACKING SAINTS FC
(ATG)
JOSHUA JONATHAN
17 MF SINCLAIR JOYLAN JOYLAN SINCLAIR 14.11.2004 OTTOS RANGERS FC (ATG)
18 MF GONSALVES KOFI KOFI GONSALVES 10.10.2003 UNATTACHED (ATG)
19 MF HHARNEY-ROGERSON LIAM LIAM HARNEY-ROGERSON 26.07.2004 NORTH COAST JR FC (ATG)
20 MF LASHLEY MALIK MALIK LASHLEY 23.11.2004 ASTON VILLA FC (ENG)
21 DF JOHNSON MARLEY MARLEYJOHNSON 07.01.2005 NORTH COAST JR FC (ATG)
22 DF LEWIS MARQUES MARQUES LEWIS 25.09.2004 ASTON VILLA FC (ENG)
23 GK GONSALVES NALIAN NALIAN GONSALVES 30.03.2004 ASTON VILLA FC (ENG)
24 DF PARKER NYRO NYRO PARKER 15.01.2004 OLD ROAD FC (ATG)
25 DF EDWARDS ORREL ORREL EDWARDS 03.04.2004 ASTON VILLA FC (ENG)
26 MF JAMES RANIQUE JAMES 24.04.2004 ALL SAINTS UNITED FC
(ATG)
RANIQUUE
27 MF REUBEL REUBEN REUBEN REUBEL 01.08.2003 SWETES FC (ATG)
28 MF FLOWERS RONALDO RONALDO FLOWERS 09.03.2003 ASTON VILLA FC (ENG)
29 DF CORDICE RONEBA CORDICE 25.11.2005 ALL SAINTS UNITED FC
(ATG)
RONEBA
30 DF TOMLINSON SEAN SEAN TOMLINSON 25.03.2004 BOLANS FC (ATG)
31 GK DORSETT SHAHOI SHAHOI DORSETT 23.06.2004 ASTON VILLA FC (ENG)
32 GK ANDREW SHAMOI SHAMOI ANDREW 03.12.2004 PIGOTTS BULLETS FC (ATG)
33 GK MOORE TAJ EDWARD TAJ MOORE 16.06.2005 NORTH COAST JR FC (ATG)
34 MF CHARLES TAREK CHARLES 20.06.2004 ALL SAINTS UNITED FC
(ATG)
TAREK
35 DF MARSH JR TERROL TERROL MARSH JR 29.06.2004 UNATTACHED (ATG)
36 DF SANASIE TIMOTHY JOEL TIMOTHY SANASIE 28.07.2005 FORT ROAD FC (ATG)
37 DF TAPPIN TSYDDIQ TSYDDIQ TAPPIN 12.12.2003 UNATTACHED (ATG)
38 FW JOSEPH TYRESE TYRESE JOSEPH 13.06.2004 FIVE ISLANDS FC (ATG)
39 MF HUGHES TYRIK TYRIK HUGHES 13.07.2005 ASTON VILLA FC (ENG)
40 FW THWAITES TYRIQUE TYRIQUE THWAITES 17.07.2004 PIGOTTS BULLETS FC (ATG)
41 MF CORNWALL WILDEN CORNWALL 08.08.2005 LIBERTA BLACKHAWKS
(ATG)
WILDEN JR
42 MF DREW ZAFIQUE ZAFIQUE DREW 30.08.2003 ASTON VILLA FC (ENG)
43 FW GREEN ZAHIEM ZAHIEM GREEN 15.08.2003 EMPIRE FC (ATG)
44 DF SCOTT ZAIRE TORAHJI ZAIRE SCOTT 31.05.2003 GREEN CITY FC (ATG)
45 MF SMITH ZIDANE ZIDANE SMITH 10.11.2004 PARES FC (ATG)
« Last Edit: May 31, 2022, 03:06:25 PM by Trini _2026 »

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: May 31, 2022, 03:06:56 PM »
« Last Edit: June 03, 2022, 05:07:04 AM by Trini _2026 »

Offline Toussaint

• Hero Warrior
  • ...l'arbre de la liberte des noirs.
    • View Profile
    • Haiti Spors
« Reply #388 on: June 02, 2022, 07:01:59 PM »
Haiti U20 is out of the tournament. No local league this year.
...l'arbre de la liberte des noirs.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: June 03, 2022, 06:08:26 AM »
Haiti U20 is out of the tournament. No local league this year.

And it took the FHF, how long to come to that realization? Why an announcement now?

1]; } ?>