March 18, 2024, 10:08:20 PM

Author Topic: Men's U-20 Football Team Thread.  (Read 70511 times)

Offline Toussaint

• Hero Warrior
  • ...l'arbre de la liberte des noirs.
    • View Profile
    • Haiti Spors
Re: Men's U-20 Football Team Thread.
« Reply #450 on: June 19, 2022, 06:48:28 PM »
Based on all the matches I have watched so far, I believe both Trinidad and Haiti were pretty good despite that both teams need to work on their defense. Haiti was more technical in the midfield but Trinidad was very good in attack. If Mexico plays at the same level USA played the other day, it is possible that one of these two teams may make it to the semi.

Don't be too hard on the kids.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2022, 06:50:17 PM by Toussaint »
...l'arbre de la liberte des noirs.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: June 19, 2022, 07:06:19 PM »

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: June 19, 2022, 08:10:52 PM »
Panama spanking Aruba 5-0. 10 mins. to go.  Mexico vs Suriname next.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: June 19, 2022, 08:13:15 PM »
Congrats to the Yutes for getting a point. Tuesday is another battle.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: June 19, 2022, 09:07:02 PM »
Mexico dismantling Suriname 4-0 in the 35th min.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: June 20, 2022, 03:10:45 AM »
Mexico dismantling Suriname 4-0 in the 35th min.

Now wait for them to easily dismantle this poorly defensive T&T team

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: June 20, 2022, 07:54:44 AM »
Real Gill’s goal was the Real deal.  Shade of Kerron Cummins.  Good Luck tomorrow

Offline truehaitian

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: June 20, 2022, 01:57:04 PM »
[/quote]
I really don't see this. This T&T team is a good team. This team can be fixed to be a power house in the Caribbean along with Haiti

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: June 20, 2022, 02:45:12 PM »
I really don't see this. This T&T team is a good team. This team can be fixed to be a power house in the Caribbean along with Haiti

Watch what happens next.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: June 20, 2022, 03:50:43 PM »
Trinidad and Tobago U-20s secure first point in 4-4 draw with Haiti
TTFA Media

Trinidad and Tobago secured its first point at the 2022 Concacaf Men’s U-20 Championship when it played out a thrilling 4-4 draw with Haiti in Group F action at the Estadio Morazan, San Pedro Sula on Sunday.

Nathaniel James gave T&T the perfect start the 2nd minute as Angus Eve’s men looked to build on the bright start. But Haiti settled soon after and begun to see more of the ball as the half progressed.

T&T, playing in its second kit, grey colours as selected and submitted to Concacaf, was skippered by Minnesota United’s Molik Khan.

Haiti would find the equalizer in the 30th when Watz Leazard nailed a rebound after goalkeeper Jahiem Wickham saved the initial attempt. Kaihim Thomas restored Trinidad & Tobago’s lead in the 43rd with a perfectly executed curling free kick from the edge of the area after James was fouled. But Haiti hit back soon after when 2022 Flow Concacaf Caribbean Club Shield Best Young Player Award winner Steevenson Jeudy equalized in the 45’ from the penalty spot for a 2-2 halftime score.

It was just as intense in the second half, with Jeudy scoring again in the 53’ to give Haiti their first lead of the match at 3-2, but back came Trinidad & Tobago and goals from substitute Real Gill in the70’ and James’ getting his second in 72nd to make it 4-3 to T&T.

Gill came off the bench after missing T&T’s last warm up with Costa Rica’s Sporting Club because of a niggling injury. But he showed great desire to push his team in front with a left footer into the roof of the net after gliding past two men on the right of the box. Substitute Andrew De Gannes also added spark to the T&T attack with a low effort that came off the woodwork following a pass by James. T&T seemed god for the win before lightning forced the team off the field for a 30-minute delay. On the resumption, Khan had a chance to put T&T 5-3 ahead but could not beat advancing goalkeeoer Congaros Medina after setting himself up nicely by going past two defenders.

There would be one last twist in their entertaining affair, and it would go in Haiti’s favor, as Bryan Destin scored in the 90’ to complete the 4-4 scoreline.

Trinidad and Tobago 1.Jahiem Wickham (GK); 2.Christian Bailey (9.Real Gill 69′), 5.Jaron Pascall, 4.Jaheim Joseph, 6.Kassidy Davidson;3.Marvin Waldrop; 8.Luke Phillip, 7.Kaihim Thomas, 15.Micah Cain (17.Andrew De Gannes 69′), 10.Molik Jesse Khan (C),1.Nathaniel James;

Unused substitutes: 18.Tristan Edwards (GK), 12.Josiah Wilson, 13.Noah Roka, 14.Josiah Cooper, 16.Tyrik Trotman, 19.Isaiah Thompson, 20.Tarik Lee.

Head Coach: Angus Eve

Haiti 1.Congaros Medina (GK); 2.Duckens Pierre, 5.Ross Appolon, 4.Fernando Ciceron (captain), 3.Jean Leriche (13.Omre Etienne 66′); 6.Woodensky Pierre, 19.Adelson Belizaire (18.Mateo Scott 73′); 11.Watz Leazard (17.Kyan Champagne 73′), 16.Nicolas Lacombe (8.Joel Favard 32′), 10.Shad San Millan (7.Bryan Destin 66′); 9.Steevenson Jeudy.

Unused substitutes: 12.Willemeson Augustin (GK), 14.Edouard Vorbe, 15.Michelson Alexandre, 20.Juff Exilus.

Head Coach: Angelo Jean-Baptiste

Referee: Rubiel Vasquez (USA)

Full game

Match Highlights

Post-game comments from Angus Eve

Real Gill dedicates his goal to his Mom

Nathaniel James: We'll go again in the next game

De Gannes and Thomas Post Game Reactions after 4-4 draw
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: June 20, 2022, 06:07:44 PM »
I see Edouard Vorbe. I assume he is related to Philippe Vorbe, former Haitian captain of the 70s.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #461 on: June 21, 2022, 02:01:11 AM »
Eve optimistic after 'emotional' U-20 draw vs Haiti.
By Jonathan Ramannansingh (T&T Newsday).

TRINIDAD AND Tobago Under-20 football team coach Angus Eve described his team’s opening performance at the 2022 Concacaf Championships against Haiti on Sunday as an “emotional” affair.

Three lead changes and a 30-minute stoppage in the second half because of bad weather saw T&T hold on to a 4-4 roller coaster result at the Estadio Morazan, San Pedro Sula, Honduras.

T&T led the entertaining Group F encounter on three occasions, and Haiti once, before both teams finished with a share of the spoils.

“All in all, I am very proud of them. We went up twice in the match, three times at the end, went down, then back came up again…a lot of emotions, stoppages, 30 minutes, lightning, it was a normal soap opera tonight,” Eve told TT Football Association media after the match.

Eve was pleased with the intensity shown by his players but said their lack of experience showed.

“I thought the guys did really well. It’s important to note that we have the youngest team in here. A lot of the guys are 17 now turning 18.

“And a lot of the guys (opponents) are more mature than them and you saw the immaturity in our guys, sometimes, in the type of plays that they would have made,” Eve added.

According to the Conacaf tournament website, T&T's starting eleven featured four 19-year-olds while Haiti had just one of similar age. Haiti also had seven 17 year olds in their starting eleven while Eve selected just two for T&T – goalie Jaheim Wickham and midfielder Kaihim Thomas.

Nathaniel James opened the scoring for T&T in the second minute but Haiti responded with an equaliser in the 30th via Watz Leazard.

Thomas restored T&T’s lead at 2-1 in the 40th minute, only for 2022 Flow Concacaf Caribbean Club Shield best young player award winner Steevenson Jeudy to level the field once more in the 43rd.

The second half saw Jeudy score again in the 53rd to give Haiti their first lead of the match at 3-2, but back came T&T with a brilliant solo effort from substitute Real Gill in the 70th and James’ second two minutes later, to make it 4-3 to T&T heading into the final minutes.

But in the 90th minute, Haiti’s Bryan Destin scored to complete the 4-4 scoreline and secure a point each for both nations.

Eve said there were many positives for the T&T team.

“The fight. The few times that we put down the ball, we can see that we can play. We can match with the other teams. Haiti is a very good team.

“Nathaniel James just turned 18 yesterday (Saturday) and he scored two wonderful goals. The guys who came on, Real Gill, De Gannes (Andrew) they were fantastic. They fit in like normal. And you can see the versatility in the players. Kaihim went back at right back and it was seamless.

“And we scored really good goals. It wasn’t scruffle goals...

"I told the guys to keep on what we’re doing and it will come. And it came today but unfortunately we didn’t keep them out.”

He believes the second-half stoppage owing to bad weather may have took some steam out of T&T’s momentum before the resumption.

Looking ahead at Tuesday’s clash against tournament favourites Mexico, Eve said player recovery is crucial. T&T complete their group stage against Suriname on Thursday.

On notching his first goal for T&T, and a spectacular one at that, Gill dedicated his strike to his mother.

“It’s a very great feeling to score your first goal for your country, it’s something that I always dreamed about as a child. I dedicate my goal to my mom.

“That’s me. I just love to do that. After I made the throw to Nathaniel and he gave it back to me. I was going to cross and I saw the man (Haitian defender) jump and so I said let me take it to them one time,” he said.

Gill was “disappointed” to not secure the three points.

“We saw our mistakes tonight so for the next two games hopefully we could cover that and get the three points in each game.

“For the past couple days we were trying to not to stress on it (tournament). But two days before, we had a serious talk and everybody got serious. The spirit (in the team) is very high right now,” he said.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: June 21, 2022, 04:27:44 AM »
We are one of the youngest teams guys ...  so its understandable  we boys dem younger than  most of them NO EXCUSES
« Last Edit: June 21, 2022, 04:14:22 PM by Trini _2026 »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: June 21, 2022, 05:17:13 AM »
Good Luck vs Mexico!!!!!

Offline Toussaint

• Hero Warrior
  • ...l'arbre de la liberte des noirs.
    • View Profile
    • Haiti Spors
« Reply #464 on: June 21, 2022, 09:29:19 AM »
I see Edouard Vorbe. I assume he is related to Philippe Vorbe, former Haitian captain of the 70s.

They are one but large family in the Port-au-Prince area. At 75, Philippe is probably everyone's uncle or great uncle in the family. He wasn't the only member of the Vorbe family who played for Haiti in the 70s. The family is like a football academy. There is always a Vorbe ready to join the national team. They own Violette AC.
...l'arbre de la liberte des noirs.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #465 on: June 21, 2022, 10:51:30 AM »

They are one but large family in the Port-au-Prince area. At 75, Philippe is probably everyone's uncle or great uncle in the family. He wasn't the only member of the Vorbe family who played for Haiti in the 70s. The family is like a football academy. There is always a Vorbe ready to join the national team. They own Violette AC.

I realize that the Vorbe family is kind of larger than life in Haiti. I also know that some after Philippe had play for the national team. I have not seen them play. So Philippe will always be the the man. IMO. Great player.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: June 21, 2022, 01:33:35 PM »
Jamaica got a good beat down from Honduras last night! 5-0

but just wait and hope Mexico don't do the same to this terrible playing T&T team

« Last Edit: June 21, 2022, 08:17:45 PM by Sando prince »

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: June 21, 2022, 06:27:17 PM »
Eve please drop Khan back and don't put the youth in a playing frame where he will be indecisive. He did not stand out last game. Experiment against Mexico and they will devour the minutest bit of time or space presented to them.

Good luck to the team and coaching staff!
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline Anbrat

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: June 21, 2022, 07:09:27 PM »
We are one of the youngest teams guys ...  so its understandable  we boys dem younger than  most of them NO EXCUSES
Eve said the most noteworthy thing about the Junior Soca Warriors squad was the ages of his players.

“I thought the guys did really well,” Eve told the TTFA Media. “It is pointed to note that we have the youngest team in here. A lot of the guys are 17 now turning 18 and a lot of the [Haiti] guys are just more mature than them.

“And you saw the immaturity of our guys at some times, in the type of plays they would have made. But all in all I am very proud of them…”

Eve’s suggestion that his players were younger than their opponents last night and one of the youngest teams in the tournament was unprompted, and totally incorrect. In fact, it was the exact opposite of the truth.

Trinidad and Tobago have the joint sixth oldest team in the Concacaf tournament along with the United States while, according to the Transfermarkt website, Eve’s starting team yesterday was the fifth oldest used by any nation so far in the competition.

Haiti, who had seven 17-year-olds in their XI, had the youngest starting team of the tournament at an average age of 17.5. Eve in contrast had two 17-year-olds in his first choice squad, which averaged 18.2—and both of Trinidad and Tobagos substitutes, Real Gill and Andrew De Gannes, are 19.

Haiti’s scorers yesterday, Watz Leazard, Steevenson Jeudy and Bryan Destin, were 18, 17 and 16 respectively. Trinidad and Tobago got their goals from the 19-year-old pair of Kaihim Thomas and Real Gill and the 18-year-old Nathaniel James.

https://wired868.com/2022/06/20/eve-credits-impact-of-james-gill-and-de-gannes-but-misspeaks-over-tt-squad-age-in-haiti-draw/

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: June 21, 2022, 08:53:51 PM »
Not bad so far. 0-0. 22 mins. Horrible playing surface.

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: June 21, 2022, 09:17:41 PM »
Lord almighty. 2-0 right on the death of first half

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: June 21, 2022, 09:22:54 PM »
As the game go on, is like under 14 vs 1st Eleven.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: June 21, 2022, 09:26:44 PM »
Roka is playing in mid is a bit out of the game
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: June 21, 2022, 09:28:01 PM »
As the game go on, is like under 14 vs 1st Eleven.

lets see what adjustments he can make ..

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: June 21, 2022, 09:37:51 PM »
Roka is off not surprised and degannes also

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: June 21, 2022, 09:43:32 PM »
4-0 we completely lost focus.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: June 21, 2022, 09:46:56 PM »
Eve should just sub key players  cause this game is done

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: June 21, 2022, 09:54:35 PM »
Eve should just sub key players  cause this game is done

Precisely. And let the others get acclimated with a view to the next round.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: June 21, 2022, 09:55:13 PM »
Lord almighty. 2-0 right on the death of first half

Criminal.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: June 21, 2022, 09:56:00 PM »
Someone in here said they really dont see Mexico dismantling this T&T team. He said this T&T team too good.  Who was that truehaitian?

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Good at what exactly??

Mexico will do the same against Haiti

1]; } ?>