March 18, 2024, 08:22:02 PM

Author Topic: Men's U-20 Football Team Thread.  (Read 70502 times)

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Men's U-20 Football Team Thread.
« Reply #480 on: June 21, 2022, 09:57:20 PM »

Definitely don't deserve to be advancing to any tournament beyond Concacaf

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: June 21, 2022, 10:02:09 PM »
The instructions of the Mexican coach are very precise. He just touched on something I heard Kuba (one of the best players ever at U20) speak about regarding velocity as the difference maker and Spanish coaching practice and emphasis.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: June 21, 2022, 10:03:57 PM »

Definitely don't deserve to be advancing to any tournament beyond Concacaf

First we have to advance in THIS tournament. We learn as we grow.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: June 21, 2022, 10:07:51 PM »

Steupse..are we growing? talking about we learn as we 'grow'

just saying shiitt that sound good but not reality...

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: June 21, 2022, 10:10:00 PM »
5-0.

worst perormance by a t&t youth team in recent memory.

seeing zero reason why khan is so highly touted
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: June 21, 2022, 10:12:44 PM »
I am baffled roka plays left back but was in midfield as a number 8 it looks  and degannes who usually  plays CAM or CM was on the wing.  ???
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: June 21, 2022, 10:13:25 PM »
I am baffled roka plays left back but was in midfield as a number 8 it looks  and degannes who usually  plays CAM or CM was on the wing.  ???

eve playing the ass?

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: June 21, 2022, 10:15:13 PM »

eve playing the ass?
i guess everyone has to be a utility player with angus
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: June 21, 2022, 10:19:15 PM »

eve playing the ass?
i guess everyone has to be a utility player with angus

Memorable quote, sir!

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: June 21, 2022, 10:20:50 PM »
The commentator stated that Mexico did not bring  any of their key players at this level

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: June 21, 2022, 10:28:32 PM »

Steupse..are we growing? talking about we learn as we 'grow'

just saying shiitt that sound good but not reality...

Balance your cynicism with objectivity. This match was destined to be a loss. Will we apply the lessons presented from Match 1 and Match 2 in Match #3?

I am not suggesting that learning is actually taking place or that growth is actually taking place. I am suggesting that they SHOULD be taking place - for both the players and the staff.

That occurring we progress beyond the group stage to the tougher challenge. It is only by extending our participation can learning be maximized.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: June 21, 2022, 10:32:05 PM »

Someone in here said they really dont see Mexico dismantling this T&T team. He said this T&T team too good.  Who was that truehaitian?

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Good at what exactly??

Mexico will do the same against Haiti

Haiti next!

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: June 21, 2022, 10:32:46 PM »
The commentator stated that Mexico did not bring  any of their key players at this level

Depends on interpretation. They brought the critical mass of players that will help them at the WC. That's their benefit. The absence of players like Flores fuels competition for the understudies. Win-win for all.

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: June 21, 2022, 10:34:35 PM »
disgraceful performance and no answers from eve.

showed no fight, zero ability to anticipate where the ball will be, poor decision making especially under pressure.

silver lining is they can collectively soak in the lessons from a painful cut-arse.

eve and carrington....do better. if allyuh can't grow this team or if the dual post is no benefit to u-20 or smnt then drop a damn post

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: June 22, 2022, 03:44:19 AM »

showed no fight, zero ability to anticipate where the ball will be, poor decision making especially under pressure.

silver lining is they can collectively soak in the lessons from a painful cut-arse.

eve and carrington....do better. if allyuh can't grow this team or if the dual post is no benefit to u-20 or smnt then drop a damn post
It's the same ole same ole that have been going on for decades and still no one has learned a darn thing, how can you compete with countries that invest in their sports discipline? just look around you and see which caribbean team that has been dominant over the north and central americans...there aren't any, and do you know why? because we in CFU are lazy self serving monkeys who don't want to put in the work but crave positions of leadership while relying on talent alone for past 60 years.

Simple question to ask, what did jack warner do for caribbean football while he was both concacaf and CFU president? jeffery web is another back side who went into football just to fill his pockets, both him and warner did absolutely nothing to develop the standard of football in CFU, and the next idoit randy harris is even worst, just another yes man for easy votes.

i could tell you that if i was the CFU president i wouldn't align myself with any FIFA president because i would want my votes to count, and i would have demanded at least one FIFA funded full scale academy on every island together with a CFU league just like EUAFA with the top two teams from every island in CFU competing for a cup just like copa libertadores, in exchange for our votes.

We in trinidad sat down on our asses right after 1989 when we missed out on italy. no developmental programs, no league of consequence, no FIFA schools to develop coaches and referees, we were only relying on talent while the north and central americans were investing in proper development, so just take the licks and hush, we only getting paid what we worked for.

Just look at the mexican players tonight and you would get the point, they were powerful, disciplined, tactical and played with a plan, while our lads were unstable slower to the ball and were easily pushed off the ball by the stronger mexicans, they were also having a torrid time with the field conditions.

As for angus eve. he has never convinced me that he knows what he's doing, in fact all our coaches in CFU is gaining experience with these teams that they coach, it's true. non of them went and sat under a damn good coach and gained experience and proper knowledge of the game by learning from a master, yet they land big head coaching jobs, this only happens in CFU.

Didn't shabbaz say that he will never sit under steven hart? he was too high and mighty to sit and learn from that fresh water foreigner. shabbaz, angus and latapy have the same mentality, even though i give latapy a little more credence for coaching in scotland before he embarked on a full scale coaching expedition.

So save your disappointment mate, and do like me and watch with a coaches eye. the last straw for me was when they fired fenwick for angus, claiming that coaching was the reason for us flunking out of the world cup, when it wasn't coaching but lack of development, and the fact that most of our lads play in very poor leagues around the world.

« Last Edit: June 22, 2022, 03:50:32 AM by pull stones »

Offline lucky4life

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #495 on: June 22, 2022, 03:46:56 AM »

Someone in here said they really dont see Mexico dismantling this T&T team. He said this T&T team too good.  Who was that truehaitian?

Good at what exactly??

Haiti next!

Trinidad play good is just because Trinidad was playing pretty
Football while on the other hand Mexico was not they was playing physical and Ruffin up Trinidad players, that the first time I ever seen Mexico play like that, and about the referee was a JOKE he given Mexico every foul call the only time he'll
Given Trinidad a foul is when he don't want it to look to bad
These referee in CONCACAF is f**k up they're bias when it comes to any CARIBBEAN TEAMS, and Everything I've just said happens to my Jamaican team on Monday when we play against Honduras

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: June 22, 2022, 04:41:11 AM »

Good at what exactly??

Haiti next!

Football while on the other hand Mexico was not they was playing physical and Ruffin up Trinidad players, that the first time I ever seen Mexico play like that, and about the referee was a JOKE he given Mexico every foul call the only time he'll
These referee in CONCACAF is f**k up they're bias when it comes to any CARIBBEAN TEAMS, and Everything I've just said happens to my Jamaican team on Monday when we play against Honduras
you were so right about the officiating. i too myself have been complaining about these concaccaf officials and how inept and corrupt they are, especially the latin american referees.

i saw that with the jamaica game yesterday. they refused to call many fouls committed on the jamaicans but the first jamaican mistake was penalized severely when the lad was send off because of a foul that was hardly a yellow card offense.

not to mention the first goal, despite the protest the referee refused to review the play on VAR. these concacaf referees in my opinion are terrible cheats and the absolte worst.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2022, 04:45:56 AM by pull stones »

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: June 22, 2022, 04:56:11 AM »

Good at what exactly??

Haiti next!

by the way i have to disagree with you that our boy played well. yes the mexicans were very physical on the day but our guys are very unfit, weak and slow to every the ball.

have you ever watched our senior team play mexico? normally our players are more robust and quicker than the mexicans, and they are the ones who complain that we play way too physical, that's because most of these senior guys play abroad observe a high level of nutritional regiment and weight training.

we in the caribbean need to get serious with football, starting with that jokey football union call CFU. the caribbean is way behind the ball, and if it was up to me i would have us leave concacaf and have our own caribbean federation so we can demand more fifa funding for our overall development.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2022, 04:58:03 AM by pull stones »

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: June 22, 2022, 05:29:42 AM »
We were okay for the first 22 mins. After that 1st goal it was no turning back. This team has some good to okay players. But the downfall of this team is that they could not match the fitness and strength level of the Mexican team. Our guys were labouring thru. that muddy field. Slipping and sliding for the most part of the game. Apart from the big fella who scored about three, the rest of the Mexicans were of average height. No difference from the past Mexican teams. But they strong and fit. They were more adaptable to the mud than our player. Real Gill is a good player, but he struggled relentlessly in the first half. He has the skill and moves, but he is not strong enough. Period. As a matter of fact, most of these guys should get to the weight room immediately. I mean that seriously. Last night looked was like under14 against the senior team. We have to bring this team level of strength and fitness to the Mex. and Americans, or we will not be going anywhere period. I like the Roka guy. He has the skill and speed and guys were not pushing him off the ball. I hope we hold on to him. I am not worried about him and Molik. It is the rest of the guys.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2022, 05:49:31 AM by Deeks »

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: June 22, 2022, 05:42:05 AM »
we in the caribbean need to get serious with football, starting with that jokey football union call CFU. the caribbean is way behind the ball, and if it was up to me i would have us leave concacaf and have our own caribbean federation so we can demand more fifa funding for our overall development.

Pull, you wasting your time over the CFU. It would be nice for the CFU to have regular competition regardless of Concacaf schedule. They eh going no way in a hurry. So TT has to fend for itself. Use the U23/U24 to play friendlies with the countries close to us. Eastern Caribbean, Surinam, Guyana, French Guy, Ven. Columbia, Panama. As a matter of fact, actively seek to play South American teams. No US visa issues to deal with.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: June 22, 2022, 06:06:19 AM »

The usual cries the usual excuses I am seeing on Facebook  :rotfl:

If we beat Suriname then some will accept fools gold and think our football back on track

Anyway our defense need to improve. More than seven goals I am reading here

https://www.facebook.com/TeamTrinbago/posts/pfbid0bhi7GTPQLDc8wFxrCjRLsbwwGXrw4aVcokbgjR5MDR9xwXUmsXZ1qVqNZEC2wi6Sl

Offline lucky4life

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: June 22, 2022, 08:09:14 AM »

Good at what exactly??

Haiti next!

by the way i have to disagree with you that our boy played well. yes the mexicans were very physical on the day but our guys are very unfit, weak and slow to every the ball.

have you ever watched our senior team play mexico? normally our players are more robust and quicker than the mexicans, and they are the ones who complain that we play way too physical, that's because most of these senior guys play abroad observe a high level of nutritional regiment and weight training.

Give your team some credit the youth them play good
They only lost because they didn't came out to play the same way the Mexican them, Trinidad didn't get out play by the
Mexican,Trinidad wasn't physically with the Mexican and
Ruffin them up, but it wouldn't make any difference if Trinidad was playing physical and Ruffin up the Mexican them because the referee would've called every call on Trinidad, Trinidad wasn't only playing against 11 players they Were playing against 12 the feferee make 12, everytime Caribbean
Teams play we always play against 12 men because of the
Referee themselves, you cannot come out and play
An ordinary football on that PIG PEN on the Mexican them know this that's why they were physical and Ruffin up Trinidad players, and yes I know that Mexican isn't a physical team the Caribbean teams are we are PHYSICAL, FAST,STRONG and SKILLFUL, teams like USA, MEXICAN, COSTA RICA are TECHNICAL and there off and on the ball
Movement is way better than ours

Offline chelsealife

• You must be the change you wish to see in this world
  • Hero Warrior
  • Its BLUE, what else matters?
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: June 22, 2022, 10:40:49 AM »
5-0.

Doh talk bout Angus eve son like that. I commented asking why the hype on Facebook and the Muslim community came out in the number to defend "the only one with a professional contract"

Offline Toussaint

• Hero Warrior
  • ...l'arbre de la liberte des noirs.
    • View Profile
    • Haiti Spors
« Reply #503 on: June 22, 2022, 12:14:21 PM »

Good at what exactly??

Haiti next!

I believe I made a comment suggesting that both Haiti and Trinidad had a chance to advance and possibly qualify. My comment had these conditions: Mexico plays at USA level (this comment was made before Mexico's first game) AND Haiti and Trinidad fix their defense issues.

Obviously, Mexico has a much stronger U20 team than USA and Trinidad/Haiti still having defense issues. Haiti, for instance, saw its defense exposed by Suriname yesterday.

In the case of Trinidad, the team started the game well then for no apparent reason everyone pulled back ceding the midfield to Mexico. If Trinidad challenged Mexico in the midfield the result would have probably been much different. AT least the score wouldn't be 5-0, for sure.

Will they beat Haiti 5-0 or more? With Haiti's defense issues, it is possible. However, bear in mind Haiti does not want to finish 3rd, which will place it in USA's path. The first and 2nd teams in this group F have a realistic chance to reach the semifinals and qualify for the WC but the 3rd place finisher is doomed. So, I expect Haiti to do its best versus Mexico.
...l'arbre de la liberte des noirs.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: June 22, 2022, 05:43:32 PM »

Good at what exactly??

Haiti next!

I believe I made a comment suggesting that both Haiti and Trinidad had a chance to advance and possibly qualify. My comment had these conditions: Mexico plays at USA level (this comment was made before Mexico's first game) AND Haiti and Trinidad fix their defense issues.

Obviously, Mexico has a much stronger U20 team than USA and Trinidad/Haiti still having defense issues. Haiti, for instance, saw its defense exposed by Suriname yesterday.

In the case of Trinidad, the team started the game well then for no apparent reason everyone pulled back ceding the midfield to Mexico. If Trinidad challenged Mexico in the midfield the result would have probably been much different. AT least the score wouldn't be 5-0, for sure.

Will they beat Haiti 5-0 or more? With Haiti's defense issues, it is possible. However, bear in mind Haiti does not want to finish 3rd, which will place it in USA's path. The first and 2nd teams in this group F have a realistic chance to reach the semifinals and qualify for the WC but the 3rd place finisher is doomed. So, I expect Haiti to do its best versus Mexico.

This Haitian team was assembled last minute  people forget

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: June 22, 2022, 09:07:51 PM »
Point to Prove: T&T U-20s look to bounce back after 5-0 loss to Mexico
By Ian Prescott (T&T Express)

Trinidad and Tobago’s Under-20 men’s footballers need at least a point against Suriname this evening to advance to the knockout stages of the 2022 CONCACAF Men’s Under-20 Championship, having fallen 5-0 to defending champions Mexico, Tuesday night.

T&T meet Suriname at the Estadio Olimpico in San Pedro Sula, Honduras, from 6 p.m. A point (draw) will be enough to see the young Soca Warriors to the knockout round, where they are likely to meet either of hosts Honduras, Costa Rica or Jamaica.

Though T&T head coach Angus Eve knows his team can advance to the knockout phase with a draw, he is targeting full points and wants a win against Suriname.

“We are not going to think with that kind of mindset. We want to win the game and go into the (knockout) rounds on a high,” said Eve. “We going into the Suriname game very positive and trying to get a result because we are still in third-place,” adding, “When we got here, the first goal was to get out of the group and see what we could do after that. That destiny is still in our hands.”

Four different players found the back of the net as Mexico comfortably whipped T&T to pick up a second win. Antonio Leone opened the scoring in the 28th before Bryan Gonzalez made it 2-0 (45+2’) at half-time. Goals from Esteban Lozano in the 48th and 80th sandwiched a Jonathan Perez item in the 53rd, in a convincing win for the Mexicans. T&T looked good going forward, but weak defensively. Early on, both Noah Roka and Real Gill came close to scoring for T&T, before some vulnerable defending saw Antonio Leone poke the ball in from a corner-kick for 1-0.

Mexico led 2-0 at the interval after Gonzalez stabbed home a close-up chance after Jonathan Perez’s run up the right flank. The third goal came via the penalty spot, from Esteban Lozano, after defender Jaheim Joseph put in a wrestling tackle on his opponent.

Perez was unmarked when finishing a left-side cross with a close-up volley to make it 4-0 and Lozano had another open look at T&T goalkeeper Jaheim Wickham for his team’s fifth goal, courtesy a low shot.

“We thought we could have got something out of the game because the way we started for the first 35 minutes we were really in the game,” Eve noted. “We were restricting them to hitting the long ball and flicking them on and we were dealing with that adequately.”

Eve believes the Mexicans adapted better on the muddy field and exploited the spaces. “I thought the difference in the game is that one team used the conditions better than the other team,” assessed Eve, adding, “Sometimes we showed our inexperience in some of our play, in which we gave up some sloppy goals tonight again. It is a work in progress with the kids.”

Mexico’s ‘El Tricolor’ have now booked a spot in the knockout round and finish preliminary play today against Haiti, while T&T (one point) will hope to build on its opening 4-4 draw with Haiti with a win against Suriname, who are without a point after going down 10-0 to Mexico in their opening match.

Haiti (four points) used a strong second half to put the clamps down on Suriname in a 3-0 shutout to secure a first Group F win on Tuesday at the Estadio Morazan. Suriname looked an improved team and started well. They had two shots that hit the woodwork in the first half, but the second half saw Haiti come into their own and it was 1-0 in the 48th when Stevenson Jeudy thumped home a header.

A Suriname red card in the 53rd opened things up even more for Haitians and they took full advantage, with Jeudy scoring his tournament-leading fourth goal in the 59th before Adelson Belizaire capped off things in the 63rd.

TEAM LINEUPS

Trinidad and Tobago: 1.Jahiem Wickham (GK); 2.Christian Bailey, 5.Jaron Pascall, 4.Jaheim Joseph, 3.Marvin Waldrop; 16.Tyrik Trotman (6.Kassidy Davidson 46), 13.Noah Roka (8.Luke Phillip 46); 9.Real Gill (12.Josiah Wilson 62), 10.Molik Jesse Khan (captain), 17.Andrew De Gannes (7.Kaihim Thomas 46); 11.Nathaniel James (19.Isaiah Thompson 62).

Unused substitutes: 18.Tristan Edwards (GK), 14.Josiah Cooper, 15.Micah Cain, 20.Tarik Lee.

Mexico (4-3-3): 1.Emiliano Perez (GK); 2.Emiliano Martinez (13.Diego Gomez 55), 3.Antonio Leone (14.Abraham Freyfeld 55), 4.Jesus Alcantar, 16.Rafael Palma; 6.Fidel Ambriz (captain), 18.Jonathan Perez (9.Jesus Hernandez 62), 8.Salvador Mariscal (17.Saul Zamora 55); 7.Christian Torres, 19.Esteban Lozano, 11.Bryan Gonzales (20.Heriberto Jurado 72).

Unused substitutes: 12.Jose Eulogio (GK), 5.Isaias Violante, 10.Karel Campos, 15.Everardo Lopez.

Coach: Luis Perez

Referee: Drew Fischer (Canada)

Highlights of Trinidad and Tobago U-20 vs Mexico

Post-match comments from Angus Eve

Post-match comments from Molik Khan
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: June 22, 2022, 09:13:38 PM »

It's the same ole same ole that have been going on for decades and still no one has learned a darn thing, how can you compete with countries that invest in their sports discipline? just look around you and see which caribbean team that has been dominant over the north and central americans...there aren't any, and do you know why? because we in CFU are lazy self serving monkeys who don't want to put in the work but crave positions of leadership while relying on talent alone for past 60 years.

So save your disappointment mate, and do like me and watch with a coaches eye. the last straw for me was when they fired fenwick for angus, claiming that coaching was the reason for us flunking out of the world cup, when it wasn't coaching but lack of development, and the fact that most of our lads play in very poor leagues around the world.

As one of a thousand examples....30 years of boom kick and toepee up the field, and not a single one a defence splitting pass. That should be automatic jail time. Somebody is coaching the youth to  boomkick or not correcting them when its done. For 30+ years

« Last Edit: June 22, 2022, 09:19:45 PM by ZANDOLIE »

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: June 22, 2022, 09:17:16 PM »
5-0.

Doh talk bout Angus eve son like that. I commented asking why the hype on Facebook and the Muslim community came out in the number to defend "the only one with a professional contract"

His father must be chief of police

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: June 23, 2022, 09:00:53 AM »
Good Luck guys. Give it all You got.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: June 23, 2022, 09:22:58 AM »

As one of a thousand examples....30 years of boom kick and toepee up the field, and not a single one a defence splitting pass. That should be automatic jail time. Somebody is coaching the youth to  boomkick or not correcting them when its done. For 30+ years

Ah!

1]; } ?>