March 28, 2024, 05:27:48 AM

Author Topic: Men's U-20 Football Team Thread.  (Read 71275 times)

Offline truehaitian

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Men's U-20 Football Team Thread.
« Reply #540 on: June 23, 2022, 10:25:40 PM »

Someone in here said they really dont see Mexico dismantling this T&T team. He said this T&T team too good.  Who was that truehaitian?

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Good at what exactly??

Mexico will do the same against Haiti

Haiti next!

Haiti's next ..Really! Mexico will do the same to Haiti..Really

Haiti 0 Mexico 0

Haiti hit Mexico's goal post twice and could have easily won the game..

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: June 23, 2022, 10:42:23 PM »
Different Haiti team. Matched Mex. head to toe.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: June 23, 2022, 11:21:38 PM »
If Haiti continue to play like they did a against Mex. the other teams MAY/Could be in for a rude awakening.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: June 23, 2022, 11:45:57 PM »
I watched the highlights of TT vs Suriname. Molik goal appear legit to me. James scored 2 good goals. They playing CR. Is years since TT has beaten CR is any age group football. Good luck to them.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: June 24, 2022, 12:07:50 AM »
Did TT changed their goalkeeper for the Suriname game?

Offline Anbrat

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: June 24, 2022, 06:02:43 AM »
Yes. Tristan Edwards replaced regular number one, Jahiem Wickham, who missed this fixture due to a slight injury.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: June 24, 2022, 06:11:14 AM »
Yes. Tristan Edwards replaced regular number one, Jahiem Wickham, who missed this fixture due to a slight injury.

He made some crucial saves. Had Suriname scored those early goals, the outcome could have been different.

Offline ABTrini

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: June 24, 2022, 07:12:33 AM »
Not sure that any results  could attest to greatness or malaise to describe our national teams.  We are not reigning champions in the region nor I don't believe we instill fear among teams in our zone.

Generally speaking to establish this sense of being a powerhouse starts with  a progressive  improvement from one game to another. We have to build from success and learn from setbacks.

Understand that "Great moments are born from great opportunity, and that's what you have here  as a team and as a player. That's what you've earned here . One game; understand that  if we played some of these so called 'BIG TEAMS'  ten times, they might win nine. But not this game, not  this time ."

Go out , and run with them;  stay with them, and  shut them down because you can. You , have to see yourselves as the greatest U20  football team TnT has produced.

You prepared yourselves for this moment to be  players—every one of you, and you were meant to be there . This is your time. Their time is done. It's over. I'm sick and tired of hearing about what a great football team the other countries have  . Screw 'em. This is your time. Now go out there and take it!"

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: June 24, 2022, 07:25:54 AM »
AB Trini,very inspiring  and it would be nice if the boys take on those words,it's the kind of talk you expect from a coach before the team steps out on the pitch.Don't forget,we had Haiti by the "short and curlies" before the lights went out,we just lost the momentum,bad luck,we played in a swamp against Mexico who looked a stronger team physically,I hope we see a team that has learned a few lessons,win,lose or draw.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: June 24, 2022, 09:42:16 AM »
James fires U-20 Soca Warriors into last 16
By Nigel Simon (T&T Guardian)

Nathaniel James came off the bench to score his fourth goal in three matches and set up the other to fire T&T to a deserved 3-0 win over Suriname in their must-win Group F final round match of the Concacaf Men’s Under-20 Championship at the Estadio Olimpico Metropolitano in San Pedro Sula on Thursday night.

With the win, the Angus Eve-coached Under-20 Soca Warriors made certain of qualification to the round-of-16 as a top-three finisher in the four-team group with Mexico (six points) and Haiti (four points) who met in the group decider at the same venue in yesterday's late match.

The match between T&T and Suriname was shifted to the Estadio Olimpico Metropolitano instead of the original venue Estadio Morazan after the city of San Pedro Sula was affected by very heavy rainfall over the last week which made the playing surface at Estadio Morazan unplayable.

In the round-of-16, T&T who have reached the FIFA U-20 World Cup Finals twice before, in 1991 under the guidance of Bertille St Clair and 2009 under Zoran Vranes, will come up against Costa Rica on Saturday at the Yankel Rosenthal from 3 pm.

Needing to win Suriname attempted to put T&T on the back foot from the kickoff and in the tenth minute they had the first chance through striker Jayen Gerold on a fast break, but he was denied by goalkeeper Tristan Edwards, one of five changes from the 5-0 loss by coach Angus Eve.

Three minutes later, the nippy Real Gill had T&T's first attempt on the Suriname goal after wiggling his free of two defenders inside the right-hand top of the 18-yard box, however, his right-footed snap shot was comfortably collected by goalkeeper Jonathan Fonkel.

Edwards was forced into action again in the 20th minute as a long ball over the top beat defender Jaheim Joseph and fell at the feet of Dimitrio Andro, but once again Edwards was alert to the danger and raced off his line to make a point-blank save before Joseph cleared the rebound which was looping goalwards.

A minute, Gill again tested Fonkel from the right-hand corner of the 18-yard box, but this time with a stinging left-footed attempt that forced a corner.

T&T then had a golden chance to take the lead via a counter-attack started by Gill, however captain Molik Khan of US Major League Soccer's Minnesota United dragged his left-footed attempt across the face of Fonkel's goalmouth.

Khan was again presented with another chance to put T&T ahead, this time with Tarik Lee being the provider, but Fonkel was quickly off his line to close down the attempt.

Four minutes from the half-time whistle, Khan did manage to put the ball into the back of the net, but it was waved off by referee Bryan Lopez of Guatemala for a handled ball, and despite the protest of the T&T captain who pleaded his case as the ball came off his chest, the decision was surprisingly upheld by the Video Assistant Referee officials.

On the resumption, chances continued to fall for both teams with Khan mistiming a right-footed volley at the edge of the six-yard box from a right-sided centre by second-half introduction Nathaniel James while at the other end, defender Joseph was caught on the ball by Gerold on the just inside the half, but the Suriname attacker failed to make full use of his team-mates on a three versus two counter-attacks.

Khan was again presented with another chance to put T&T ahead when Thomas drew the attention of four Suriname players inside the 18-yard box before slipping his captain a short pass, but yet again, he failed to find the target.

The go-ahead item would finally come for T&T a minute later thanks to James as he unleashed a left-footed drive from about five yards outside the top of the "D" which caught Fonkel off-guard and nestled into the bottom left-hand corner of the goal.

T&T was now in the drivers' seat while Suriname now needed two goals to advance and after further near misses from Gill and Thomas, Khan finally found the target when he connected with a James left-footed free-kick on the volley to guide the ball home in the 84th minute for a 2-0 lead.

James then scored another with two minutes left on the clock to up his tally to four goals when his intended pass to fellow substitute Tyrik Trotman ricochet off a Suriname defender into his path for a confident finish past Fonkel to put the icing on the win and avenge a 2-0 loss to the same opponents in 2018.

The trio of USA (seven points), Cuba (six), and Canada (four) qualified from Group E while hosts Honduras with a maximum of nine points, Costa Rica (four), and Jamaica (4-0) have also qualified as the top three finishers in Group H, and in Group G, El Salvador (six) and Guatemala (six), as well as Panama (three) all qualified ahead of last night's final pool match between Panama and El Salvador for the top spot.

The 12 qualifiers from the four groups now advance to the round-of-16 where they will join already qualified Curacao, Nicaragua, Puerto Rico and Dominican Republic who all qualified directly as winners of their respective groups in the Concacaf Men’s U-20 Championship Qualifiers held last November in Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic.

The 16-team Knockout Stage will begin with the round-of-16 Saturday, June 25, and continue on Sunday, June 26 followed by the quarterfinals on Tuesday, June 28, and Wednesday, June 29, semifinals on Friday, July 1, and the final on Sunday, July 3.

Unlike the previous editions, the competition will determine not only the four Concacaf representatives at the 2023 FIFA U-20 World Cup in Indonesia but also the two Concacaf representatives at the 2024 Summer Olympics in Paris, France.

Thursday's Concacaf Under-20 Group F result:

T&T 3 (Nathaniel James 64th, 88th, Molik Khan 84th) vs Suriname 0

Team lists:

T&T: 18 Tristan Edwards (GK), 2 Christian Bailey, 4 Jaheim Joseph, 13 Noah Roka, 14 Josiah Cooper, 6 Kassidy Davidson (3 Marvin Waldrop 80th), 7 Kaihim Thomas (17 Andrew De Gannes 69th), 8 Luke Phillip, 10 Molik Khan (captain), 9 Real Gill (16 Tyrik Trotman 80th), 20 Tarik Lee (11 Nathaniel James 47th).

Subs not used: 1 Jahiem Wickham (GK), 19 Isaiah Thompson, 5 Jaron Pascall, 15 Micah Cain.

Suriname: 20 Jonathan Fonkel (GK), 2 Shafiek Wassenaar (18 Raviek Pryor 66th), 4 Dichayro Naarendorp (captain), 5 Eja Dakriet, 7 Eldjero De Mees (9 Ammiel Reingoud 47th), 8 Jaydavon Haas, 11 Chiverio Adelij, 15 Chesron Oostwoud, 16 Jayen Gerold, 10 Dimitrio Andro, 13 Givon Derby (12 Jair Brashuis 74th),

Subs not used: 1 Dwayne Meerzorg (GK), 14 Jamal Lodik, 6 Rafael Wartes, 17 Roche Asidan, 19 Georrayne Boumann.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: June 24, 2022, 10:07:20 AM »
Good finish to the game, defense held on and the forwards were creative. Well done youths. Everybody tired boy.

WHAT GAME YOU WERE WATCHING ?

I saw the last 20 mins, most of our attacks consisted of 2-3 players in the final third, and in that time we had numerous passes into the box, including I think 2 underlapping runs with completed passes into the box, two reverse passes to the top of the box, one of which found the player, cross to the back post, and some other scrappy play that created chances. Overall a lot of activity in the final third with not many of our players supporting the attack.  We passing into dangerous areas and catching the defenders by surprise.  It wasn't hopeful long balls into the final third and for that I am grateful.

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: June 24, 2022, 10:44:50 AM »
Promise, hope. .

Question, can the current senior NT pull off a result against Suriname senior NT? Nope. Can we pull off a tie against Haitis senior team? Nope. You see where I'm going with this. Our u20 team does not look bad. There is promise and hope for this team. They play the game with less fear than the current senior team. I think they look better than our senior team. Less heart attack football. That u20 team will beat Bahamas senior team. I really feel so.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: June 24, 2022, 12:55:56 PM »
Promise, hope. .

Question, can the current senior NT pull off a result against Suriname senior NT? Nope. Can we pull off a tie against Haitis senior team? Nope. You see where I'm going with this. Our u20 team does not look bad. There is promise and hope for this team. They play the game with less fear than the current senior team. I think they look better than our senior team. Less heart attack football. That u20 team will beat Bahamas senior team. I really feel so.

Dahis all well and good, but they will be disbanded if they can't defeat Costa Rica tomorrow. And, you'll recall that CRC happens to be the team that willingly engaged us in a pair of recent friendlies (for obvious reasons) + their observation of the match against Sporting San José. Unless the coaching staff has an epiphany in its tactical approach to matches, the result is likely to be along similar lines.

The team has talent but it is being underutilized and undercoached. Also, we would have been facing Jamaica had the coaching staff better managed the opening match.

I give Angus a passing grade, but it is marginally passing. He could do more, and should be doing more, to impose coaching on match outcomes.

Thus far, none of his post-match comments fully describe footballing reality: they describe the universe as he has imagined it or has preferred to sell it.

He needs to be more adaptable to circumstances that arise DURING the matches and to recognize moments and locations in which the opponent is vulnerable rather than to fixate exclusively on our perceived vulnerabilities. He certainly ought to reconsider his view of what is to happen in midfield in the central channels.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2022, 01:15:42 PM by asylumseeker »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: June 24, 2022, 01:10:41 PM »
Good finish to the game, defense held on and the forwards were creative. Well done youths. Everybody tired boy.

WHAT GAME YOU WERE WATCHING ?

I saw the last 20 mins, most of our attacks consisted of 2-3 players in the final third, and in that time we had numerous passes into the box, including I think 2 underlapping runs with completed passes into the box, two reverse passes to the top of the box, one of which found the player, cross to the back post, and some other scrappy play that created chances. Overall a lot of activity in the final third with not many of our players supporting the attack.  We passing into dangerous areas and catching the defenders by surprise.  It wasn't hopeful long balls into the final third and for that I am grateful.

Spot on! And the specific combination of personnel on the field had much to do with that. In similar vein, I also observed patterns trending in this direction when Josiah Edwards played briefly during Match 2. He protected the ball on the flanks, kept possession and allowed thinking players to move into advanced positions. Players in possession always occupy defenders' thoughts significantly more than players who wait to become involved when possession is won. Generally, our off-the-ball movement has not been at the level it should be at this competitive level.

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: June 24, 2022, 01:23:38 PM »
Promise, hope. .

Dahis all well and good, but they will be disbanded if they can't defeat Costa Rica tomorrow. And, you'll recall that CRC happens to be the team that willingly engaged us in a pair of recent friendlies (for obvious reasons) + their observation of the match against Sporting San José. Unless the coaching staff has an epiphany in its tactical approach to matches, the result is likely to be along similar lines.

The team has talent but it is being underutilized and undercoached. Also, we would have been facing Jamaica had the coaching staff better managed the opening match.

I give Angus a passing grade, but it is marginally passing. He could do more, and should be doing more, to impose coaching on match outcomes.

Thus far, none of his post-match comments fully describe footballing reality: they describe the universe as he has imagined it or has preferred to sell it.

He needs to be more adaptable to circumstances that arise DURING the matches and to recognize moments and locations in which the opponent is vulnerable rather than to fixate exclusively on our perceived vulnerabilities. He certainly ought to reconsider his view of what is to happen in midfield in the central channels.

You're right. I like the way things are looking for this team. Costa Rica tied us and then narrowly beat us. They tied JA too. With that, I think we are not a lost cause with the next game.

Fair to say Angus is a "better" u20 coach than senior.

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #555 on: June 24, 2022, 02:45:06 PM »
This was decent performance by the u20 team. In the second half, the combination of players seem to be the right ones. now one of Angus' faults in my opinion is the frequent chopping and changing and often placing players in positions they aren't used to playing. Granted he has a new young team and is trying to make the right decisions. But now there needs to be some stability in the line up.
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: June 24, 2022, 04:18:29 PM »
That u20 team will beat Bahamas senior team. I really feel so.

Not with that defence!!!. Our defence and defensive teamwork needs a lot of improvement first

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: June 24, 2022, 04:31:17 PM »
Despite my reservations on this team, especially their defensive play, they are a good bunch to work with. Where will we get the resources to keep them together is the trillion dollar question. Whether they win or lose, they should be kept together in preparation for 2026. Next year 2023 is an important year in regional sports. The CAC will be June 23 to July 8th and the PanAm games will be Oct. 20 to Nov. 5th. The football Jumbies should work all their powers to see that we send both women and men's teams to these competitions. Also not to forget the completion of the nations league and the gold cup which is also in June. 26 June to 16 July 2023.

Plenty football. But 2026 is the gold.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2022, 04:36:44 PM by Deeks »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: June 25, 2022, 02:38:50 AM »
Despite my reservations on this team, especially their defensive play, they are a good bunch to work with.Where will we get the resources to keep them together is the trillion dollar question. Whether they win or lose, they should be kept together in preparation for 2026. Next year 2023 is an important year in regional sports. The CAC will be June 23 to July 8th and the PanAm games will be Oct. 20 to Nov. 5th. The football Jumbies should work all their powers to see that we send both women and men's teams to these competitions. Also not to forget the completion of the nations league and the gold cup which is also in June. 26 June to 16 July 2023.

Why has the team struggled defensively when the coach has staked his bread and better on defending?

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: June 25, 2022, 07:55:44 AM »
Despite my reservations on this team, especially their defensive play, they are a good bunch to work with.Where will we get the resources to keep them together is the trillion dollar question. Whether they win or lose, they should be kept together in preparation for 2026. Next year 2023 is an important year in regional sports. The CAC will be June 23 to July 8th and the PanAm games will be Oct. 20 to Nov. 5th. The football Jumbies should work all their powers to see that we send both women and men's teams to these competitions. Also not to forget the completion of the nations league and the gold cup which is also in June. 26 June to 16 July 2023.

Why has the team struggled defensively when the coach has staked his bread and better on defending?

Maybe there were better defensively players who were overlooked. This is definitely the case with the senior team, as I was told.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: June 25, 2022, 11:19:11 AM »
Let see how this team play today against a quality opponent. Surprise us today and please challenge the Ricans. I am loving the posts on Team T&T

https://www.facebook.com/TeamTrinbago/posts/pfbid036ebcq2E5vcwZ4azgY1ER5YFAU7J6RCVL9SrCrun6qHVXKFJRUDtqVTnLMtLRJku1l

« Last Edit: June 25, 2022, 11:20:49 AM by Sando prince »

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: June 25, 2022, 11:27:07 AM »
Good Luck Yutes!!!!

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: June 25, 2022, 12:17:37 PM »
1-0 Costa Rica. Penalty.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2022, 12:30:53 PM by asylumseeker »

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: June 25, 2022, 12:19:08 PM »
any link ?
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: June 25, 2022, 12:24:57 PM »
20th minute stats show Trinidad 29% possession and 57 % pass accuracy .. this mean we under pressure and giving away the ball alot...
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: June 25, 2022, 12:28:11 PM »
A LOT. Defensively CRC started 4-4-2 that morphed into 4-3-3 attacking that has transformed into 3-4-4 attacking. They drew blood and now want to kill it off.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2022, 12:30:37 PM by asylumseeker »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: June 25, 2022, 12:31:11 PM »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: June 25, 2022, 12:33:43 PM »
20th minute stats show Trinidad 29% possession and 57 % pass accuracy .. this mean we under pressure and giving away the ball alot...

Expect those stats to drop.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: June 25, 2022, 12:37:39 PM »
No free kick specialist on the field to capitalise on deadball situations!

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: June 25, 2022, 12:39:28 PM »
WALDROP sustained an injury. THOMAS entered.

1]; } ?>