March 19, 2024, 03:43:37 AM

Author Topic: Men's U-20 Football Team Thread.  (Read 70523 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Men's U-20 Football Team Thread.
« Reply #600 on: June 26, 2022, 10:46:22 AM »
Home bound: Junior Soca Warriors kayoed 4-1 by Costa Rica
By Ian Prescott (T&T Express)

DEFENSIVE INADEQUACIES were exposed with clinical efficiency yesterday when Costa Rica defeated Trinidad and Tobago’s Junior Soca Warriors 4-1 in the opening round of knockout matches at the 2022 CONCACAF Men’s Under-20 Championship in Honduras.

The Caribbean team now heads home following moderate success, while Costa Rica head to a quarter-final meeting, likely against the United States tomorrow. So gracious in hosting the young Warriors to a pre-tournament camp days before the tournament, it was the Ticos who also sent them home with yesterday’s comprehensive victory at the Estadio Yankel Rosenthal in San Pedro Sula.

Only Josimar Alcócer’s 17th-minute penalty separated the teams at the end of the first half. However, Costa Rica built a four-goal lead through further goals from second half substitutes Shawn Johnson (63rd minute) and Dorian Rodríguez (68th & 78th), before captain Molik Khan (87th) got T&T a consolation when turning in a cut-back pass from striker Nathaniel “Natty” Joseph.

It was definitely not a case of Costa Rica being responsible for T&T’s defensive inadequacy. But having played the Caribbean team twice in a week before the tournament, the Ticos knew exactly where the weaknesses were.

Prior to yesterday, T&T had already conceded nine goals in their opening two preliminary matches, and also gave a shaky defensive effort when winning 3-0 against Suriname, who themselves had previously conceded 13 goals.

Yesterday, Costa Rica had most of the good first-half attacking moments and might have gone into the half further ahead, except for three solid saves from outstanding goalkeeper Tristan Edwards.

Instead, it was a fortuitous penalty which saw them ahead by a single goal at half-time. T&T defender Jaheim Joseph seemed to make no deliberate move to handle the ball when a square pass was drilled onto his arm, but referee Jose Torres pointed to the penalty spot, where Alcócer successfully converted.

The Junior Soca Warriors had a ten-minute dominant spell early in the second half, but with a triple-change of players, Costa Rica regained control. Two of them were responsible for the goal T&T conceded in the second half.

Johnson simply had to sweep a low shot in at the far post for 2-0 in the 63rd minute, while some of the T&T defenders forgot their primary role. Another substitute, Rodríguez, made full use of weakening T&T legs and spirit, by scoring twice within ten minutes.

Goalkeeper Edwards put in a brilliant push to keep out a low shot which was headed to the corner of his net, but Rodríguez was sharper to the ball than T&T’s defenders and swooped in the rebound. T&T’s collective inability to defend well, was clearly evident when Rodriguez put a free, looping header onto goal with two central defenders caught watching the action.

The ball sailed over goalkeeper Edwards and came off the underside of the crossbar in the 71st minute.

But when Rodriguez ran in between two T&T defenders onto a short pass, Costa Rica had a fourth goal and the match was over, barring Khan’s getting a late send-off, as the Junior Warriors were ushered out of the tournament.

(Teams)

Trinidad and Tobago (5-4-1): 18.Tristan Edwards (GK); 2.Christian Bailey (17.Andrew De Gannes 75), 5.Jaron Pascall, 4.Jaheim Joseph (11.Nathaniel James 46), 14.Josiah Cooper, 13.Noah Roka; 15.Micah Cain (9.Real Gill 46), 16.Tyrik Trotman, 6.Kassidy Davidson (8.Luke Phillip 75), 3.Marvin Waldrop (7.Kaihim Thomas 29); 10.Molik Jesse Khan (captain).

Unused substitutes: 1.Jahiem Wickham (GK), 12.Josiah Wilson, 19.Isaiah Thompson, 20.Tarik Lee.

Coach: Angus Eve

Costa Rica (4-2-3-1): 18.Bayron Mora (GK); 13.Keral Ríos (21.Kendrick Enríquez 76), 4.Brandon Calderón, 5.Santiago Van Der Putten (captain), 3.Douglas Sequeira, 14.Timothy Arias, 8.Creichel Pérez, 11.Josimar Alcócer (15.Jostin Telleria 76), 16.Andrey Salmerón (10.Brandon Aguilera 56), 7.Andrey Soto (12.Shawn Johnson 56), 20.Enyel Escoe (9.Dorian Rodriguez 56)

Unused substitutes: 1.Abraham Madriz (GK), 19.Johel Alemán, 22.Denilson Vargas.

Coach: Vladimir Quesada

Referee: Jose Torres (Puerto Rico)

« Last Edit: June 26, 2022, 10:50:36 AM by Flex »
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline ABTrini

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: June 26, 2022, 04:17:39 PM »
any link ?

Negative.

found one https://www.facebook.com/watch/live/?ref=search&v=562441008624101

Eve- mr coach STOP the  excuses about experience etc-  on any given day; with  discipline, motivation a solid system conditioning  you never know what could happen.

Now if the coach is saying that CR had  experienced players  who were playing at a  WC level or  who were  way more advanced than our players,  could the same be said that a reason for our demise is the fact that our coaches and coaching lacks the depth of experience at a higher  international level which is required to  get out teams beyond playing yard football?
\

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: June 29, 2022, 11:08:27 PM »
Well, Mexico eh going anywhere else but home. They lost to a Bulldogged Guatemala team on penalty kicks. Guat keeper was in exceptional form. JA lost to DR 1-0. A beautiful sublime pull over the head of the JA defender and shoot to goal. Hardluck JA. Costa Rica and Panama also gone home.

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: June 30, 2022, 12:17:48 AM »
this will only get worst specially for CFU teams where none of them qualified for the U20 world cup.....well if you want to call DR a CFU team then i disagree since spain has been partnering with them as well as PR in recent years.

i had to watch teams like panama, PR, cuba and DR, all baseball oriented countries come from behind and is now lapping conventional CFU team including the big four of haiti, jamaica T&T and antigua barbuda/ st kitts, it's an absolute disgrace, yet these primates in the caribbean see nothing wrong with that picture.

as usual we seem to view football as a sunday evening match i the hot sun  with music and drinks on the side lines.

both jack warner and mr webb thought it funny to do absolutely nothing for the development of the game, then this other non-entity randy harris not standing up to zurich using their votes to demand change and assistance to grow the game in this region.

these north and central americans know when they coming to the caribbean they will at least leave with points in the bag, if not all the points, and this has been going on for years.

you think if central america had  35 teams in their region they would want to be part of concacaf?? assuredly not!! they would have demanded their own confederation forthwith.

i have to listen to dummies like sancho , angus eve, nakid, clayton morris and brian williams crying about how our football has hit rock bottom because of the fifa dispute with WW and the TTFA,

but still none of these so called football gurus has ever lamented the fact that trinidad and tobago has ever did anything to step up their game despite flopping for over 30 years in all age categories in football.

we have seasoned professional footballers who don't know how to play the game in it's most basic structure, they think slow, they react slow, they prone to ball watching on attack and defense, their fitness level is terrible,

their ball handling skill leave lot to be desired, their goal keepers despite many years in the sport haven't yet learned how to position themselves on defense, be it defending corners or hold suitable position on the goal line.

boy trinidad football is one very sorry sight, it's like we're still stuck in the 1970s.

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: June 30, 2022, 01:39:18 AM »
any link ?

Negative.

found one https://www.facebook.com/watch/live/?ref=search&v=562441008624101

Eve- mr coach STOP the  excuses about experience etc-  on any given day; with  discipline, motivation a solid system conditioning  you never know what could happen.

Now if the coach is saying that CR had  experienced players  who were playing at a  WC level or  who were  way more advanced than our players,  could the same be said that a reason for our demise is the fact that our coaches and coaching lacks the depth of experience at a higher  international level which is required to  get out teams beyond playing yard football?
\
when i told you that these local coaches were obsolete you had some choice words for me, now you're seeing what i knew all along, now take what you earned and and shut up. it's people like you who keep this lazy train in service, patronizing men who talk a good game but have not a clue.

angus should have hung up his head coaching gloves since that drubbing by mexico 10 years ago in the olympic qualifying and go humble himself and sit under a master and learn his craft, instead of taking all those computer coaching courses and believing he's ready.

another thing needs to be explored is that no matter what coach you bring in, if your players are no match for their opponents then you could complain all day long, the most that could happen under a good coach is that they minimize the beating.

to be fair to any coach who has coached us in the last 20 years, (with the exception being lawrence and latapy who experimented with our national team) our lads were not on a top tier level in world football, and that's just the plain ole truth, so why blame the coaching staff? you can't get water from a stone mate.

you can't sit under a coconut tree listening to iwer drinking scotch and coconut water wining down low and having a time while your league sucks to the high heavens, and be of the opinion that you're going to beat mexico and costa rica just by showing up on match day.

these boys have been learning heir craft since they were old enough to walk and talk in a suitable professional football environment. they are trained in all the doos and don'ts from an early age till it becomes second nature, to let your wish upon a star poorly trained players traunch them.

they don't make errant passes, they don't make critical errors in their final third, they could possibly shield a ball from a herd of elephants, they're expertly trained to move on and off the ball tactically, they could sense poorly trained inept players and take advantage of their weakness.

these foreign players are also very quick thinkers, again, these skills are learned in a proper coaching school where the game is as much mental as it is skill and strength, but i don't know how many more beating we have to take before we address these flaws in a serious tactical way.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2022, 01:51:53 AM by pull stones »

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: June 30, 2022, 04:20:48 AM »
don't be too overly disappointed people, after all how could poorly trained players from a rubbish league compete with well developed players from the top leagues in the region?

it's a no brainer folks, you don't have to be an expert on the game to arrive at this conclusion. we need to think instead of stressing ourselves out when these players bum, and they will continue to bum until they get serious. too much jokers and amateurs running trinidad, that's the bottom line.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2022, 04:24:24 AM by pull stones »

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: June 30, 2022, 03:02:42 PM »
Hi Guatemala and DR have qualified...
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Toussaint

• Hero Warrior
  • ...l'arbre de la liberte des noirs.
    • View Profile
    • Haiti Spors
« Reply #607 on: June 30, 2022, 03:45:48 PM »
I didn’t want to sound like a sore loser but when I saw Jamaica struggled to beat a 9-man Haitian team, I knew they were going to be in trouble with DR, which actually dominated Haiti in a friendly. I had no doubt El Salvador would lose to DR and Haiti was on a path to meet them in the quarterfinals. From a Haitian perspective, it would be a big embarrassment to lose to them in an international tournament! Loll

Anyway, this DR saga confirms that nothing beat good and proper preparation. It’s not about the names …like being Jamaica, Haiti, or Trinidad. You don’t prepare, you lose! Simple as that. They followed the Haitian model and opened a youth football academy where their youth players continuously get trained. The clubs from their national league have dominated CFU for the past few years. They’re on their way to become a serious contender in CONCACAF.

It’s true other minnows have made some noise then disappear like Antigua with Peter Byers’ generation, Puerto Rico with the Islanders, and currently Curaçao with a golden generation of imported players. Those are obviously short-lived successes. Powerful Curaçao has weak youth and women teams which means that their current status is not based on having a solid football foundation.

DR is different. They have a good foundation and I can only see them getting stronger and stronger. Some Haitians are saying that DR is strong because they have many Haitians playing in their clubs and even this U20 team has Haitian players. Yeah right! Those players live in the DR, they play football in the DR, they choose to play for the DR… so they are Dominicans, at least when it comes to football!

In conclusion, being named Jamaica, Haiti, or Trinidad is not enough to make other teams wet their pants. You must be able to back it up and THAT requires a good deal of preparation.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2022, 03:53:53 PM by Toussaint »
...l'arbre de la liberte des noirs.

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: July 01, 2022, 03:31:32 AM »
I didn’t want to sound like a sore loser but when I saw Jamaica struggled to beat a 9-man Haitian team, I knew they were going to be in trouble with DR, which actually dominated Haiti in a friendly. I had no doubt El Salvador would lose to DR and Haiti was on a path to meet them in the quarterfinals. From a Haitian perspective, it would be a big embarrassment to lose to them in an international tournament! Loll

Anyway, this DR saga confirms that nothing beat good and proper preparation. It’s not about the names …like being Jamaica, Haiti, or Trinidad. You don’t prepare, you lose! Simple as that. They followed the Haitian model and opened a youth football academy where their youth players continuously get trained. The clubs from their national league have dominated CFU for the past few years. They’re on their way to become a serious contender in CONCACAF.

It’s true other minnows have made some noise then disappear like Antigua with Peter Byers’ generation, Puerto Rico with the Islanders, and currently Curaçao with a golden generation of imported players. Those are obviously short-lived successes. Powerful Curaçao has weak youth and women teams which means that their current status is not based on having a solid football foundation.

DR is different. They have a good foundation and I can only see them getting stronger and stronger. Some Haitians are saying that DR is strong because they have many Haitians playing in their clubs and even this U20 team has Haitian players. Yeah right! Those players live in the DR, they play football in the DR, they choose to play for the DR… so they are Dominicans, at least when it comes to football!

In conclusion, being named Jamaica, Haiti, or Trinidad is not enough to make other teams wet their pants. You must be able to back it up and THAT requires a good deal of preparation.
Do you know how they develop players in the english speaking caribbean particularly trinidad? they start off playing football in the streets, small goal or futsal, then when they're around 9 years old they might get picked to represent their primary school in a weekend idiotic league, in reality it's more like a kick ball session with absolutely no structure.

then when they enter secondary school they might play for the U14 and continue on to the U19 or SSFL. now let me inform you of what takes place, the players are trained during the summer for when the league opens in september and i think goes on until late november, roughly two months, then it's no football until the next season in september. now tell me, are these people serious? that's their development in a nut shell.

these boys learn how to kick a ball properly around the age of 14/15 where all the basic skills are taught to them, an age where players should already have a solid foundation and playing top tier football in domestic professional league, and that's why more serious countries will continue to mop the floor with english speaking caribbean teams, because the baboons that control CFU (which are mainly english caribbean federation bosses/ ala jack warner jeffery web, randy harris) are only there to see about their own interest, these donkeys could give one fart about football in the region.

i'm sad to see it happen to us, but as is said in local trini colloquial parlance, IT DAMN GOOD FOR WE!!  there's a certain slackness and lack of pride that plagues afro caribbean men who take charge of sport disciplines that burns my insides and frustrates the living daylights out of me. the kids in their care have so much to offer, yet they waste these talented children's future because of their complaisant attitude towards sports and politics in particular with their lack of ideas and effort.

In my estimation caribbean teams should never be out done by central americans especially when we have faster, tougher more athletic and physically fit genetics at our disposal.

just watch the olympics, track and field in particular, it is mainly dominated by caribbean athletes, and the only reason for that is because the colleges in the united states take these young people and train them properly. if it was up to trinidad and barbados, those athletes would under perform just like our footballers. the people not serious at all mate, and that is what the latin americans beat us with, their level of commitment and as you rightly said, planning. it's a sad thing to watch.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2022, 03:49:24 AM by pull stones »

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: July 01, 2022, 08:58:53 AM »
I could never understand why these Central Americans are out pacing Caribbean players to/on a ball. I don't remember seeing any Guatemalans or Nicaraguans in the 100 m final of any Olympics recently, yet alone winning a gold.

A man from Guat got a silver medal in 20km race walking in 2012.

A fella from Panama hit bronze in 100 meters...in 1948.

Dominican republic got a silver medal in mixed gender 4X 400 relay in 2020.

Yet their players exhibit consistently greater speed bursts AND greater endurance over 90 minutes. Add speed of thought, greater technical ability, better tactical awareness, better team play, and better coaching performance during games. Spells disaster.

Not to worry tho. In 2032 we'll adopt the training methods they were using in 2022. A couple webinars ought to bring us up to speed .
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: July 01, 2022, 10:59:46 AM »
Does the local association map the career trajectory of national youth team players? Is it me or do they tend to end up playing in 2nd tier local leagues after U-20? Have consistent barriers to success in the professional league been identified for these youth? If yes how can these barriers be reduced?

There are a lot of players who represent at CONCACAF or greater tiers then fall into national obscurity soon after. Strikers especially.

I’m thinking Juma Clarence, Jamaal Gay, Jerrel Brito, Dwight Quintero, Neil Benjamin, Kadeem Corbin, Aikim Andrews, Kishun Seecharan, Kathon St Hillaire, Brent Sam, Jamille Boatswain, Isaiah Lee among others.

I’m not even touching on youth development.

I’m asking if national youth strikers are being transitioned into the top professional local league then getting contracts abroad at comparable rates/status as other positions. A pair of 30+ year old midfielders have been dominating our goal scoring over the last decade. Where are our strikers that come up through U-20?

« Last Edit: July 01, 2022, 11:08:42 AM by ZANDOLIE »
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: July 01, 2022, 03:38:30 PM »
Look Loy: Dominican Rep & Panama have left T&T behind, despite inferior infrastructure; and here’s why…

Last evening, I watched with mixed emotions—amazement, anger, sadness and frustration—as Dominican Republic and Guatemala qualified for the 2023 Fifa Under-20 World Cup to be hosted by Indonesia.

https://wired868.com/2022/06/30/look-loy-dominican-rep-and-heres-why/
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: July 01, 2022, 05:55:42 PM »
DR made a comeback against Guatemala. 2-2.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: July 01, 2022, 06:00:29 PM »

They were simply not good enough. Let me repeat, simply not good enough!

No excuses bout they could have and should have.

This team was together for some time now. They not good enough

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: July 01, 2022, 08:57:01 PM »
US and DR going to Paris.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #615 on: July 02, 2022, 06:56:38 AM »

wow

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: July 02, 2022, 09:32:44 AM »

wow

I agree the team was not good enough. No excuses. But I still think that the length of time was not enough for a good preparation. TT made the last 16. The other 15 teams had been preparing longer than TT. We had so much disruptions with the covid situation and then that friggin NC, how could these guys train effectively. But I agree the team just was not good enough.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2022, 09:34:21 AM by Deeks »

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: July 02, 2022, 10:19:59 AM »
It's not all doom and gloom with the team. I am completely confident that we would have made the final 4 IF we had beat Haiti. Jamaica struggled to get a win against Haiti. I watched the game, we would have beaten Jamaica easily.

As for the DR game, we would have beaten them too.

With what I seen, this team has promise. Still, we have a long road to travel.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: July 02, 2022, 11:48:07 AM »

If we did that, if we did this,,

we could have done this, we could have done that in the game...

We DID NOT do it because we did not know how to defend properly as a team for 90 mins, especially against Haiti

Players were not fit for 90+ mins for this level of play

Players lack the mental toughness, and playing technique

Did not create enough scoring opportunities, especialy againnt Mexico, in fact we played scared inferior football against them ..could have lost worse in that game

In the end the team was NOT good enough.. "If" those games played again this week they may lose worse...we would lose again...since we want to talk about "if"

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: July 02, 2022, 12:05:25 PM »

If we did that, if we did this,,

we could have done this, we could have done that in the game...

We DID NOT do it because we did not know how to defend properly as a team for 90 mins, especially against Haiti

Players were not fit for 90+ mins for this level of play

Players lack the mental toughness, and playing technique

Did not create enough scoring opportunities, especialy againnt Mexico, in fact we played scared inferior football against them ..could have lost worse in that game

In the end the team was NOT good enough.. "If" those games played again this week they may lose worse...we would lose again...since we want to talk about "if"

BECAUSE  Players were not fit for 90+ mins for this level of play.

From the time I see our forwards struggling to run at full speed on that muddy field vs Mex., I knew the game was a lost cause. The Mex. were fit and out run our boys. I said so in previous post. That Mex. was fit and stronger than our boys. Our guys  were not prepared for that level of football in that kind of conditions. Plain and simple.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2022, 12:40:04 PM by Deeks »

Offline chelsealife

• You must be the change you wish to see in this world
  • Hero Warrior
  • Its BLUE, what else matters?
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: July 02, 2022, 09:05:30 PM »
I would love to see Natty n Real get teams abroad. Not India n Thailand where they going for money. But a proper league to develop, hope they can get good agents. MLS, Ligue 2 to start or even Slovakia

Offline ffisback

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: July 03, 2022, 02:22:26 AM »
A Eve is doing the same thing D Lawrence did his team is set up to defensively and if he started with 7 defenders he is worse than D Lawrence and if he think 1 man could take on 3 to 4 men by his self and score on the international level he need to get his head checked.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: July 03, 2022, 07:35:10 AM »
ffisback, let's be honest, defensively, the team play was poor. So Eve strategy did not work at all. Apart from Roka, I did not see any real standout defenders. I may be wrong but point one out to me. I think Real and Khan and the striker who scored 4 goals can be the type of players Hart was asking about. They can take on opponents. But they need something more. Physical fitness and strength.  TTFA has to offer more.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2022, 07:41:51 AM by Deeks »

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: July 03, 2022, 09:03:03 AM »
I would love to see Natty n Real get teams abroad. Not India n Thailand where they going for money. But a proper league to develop, hope they can get good agents. MLS, Ligue 2 to start or even Slovakia

I agree, but they have to improve quickly.

Offline ffisback

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: July 03, 2022, 10:03:53 AM »
ffisback, let's be honest, defensively, the team play was poor. So Eve strategy did not work at all. Apart from Roka, I did not see any real standout defenders. I may be wrong but point one out to me. I think Real and Khan and the striker who scored 4 goals can be the type of players Hart was asking about. They can take on opponents. But they need something more. Physical fitness and strength.  TTFA has to offer more.
While those players you mentioned were good players the coach failed to build a team to benefit those players ability A Eve proved he is not good enough to coach at this level he is just as bad as S Heart and D Lawrence or even worse.

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: July 03, 2022, 10:34:21 AM »
Question, if the u20s had gotten the preparation from before, you think they would have performed better?

This team has the potential. It's not a lost cause. Sure the Mexico game was a thrashing. But we have some positives to work with. I think this team played way more entertaining and quality football than the seniors. They brought the game to the opponents, something our senior's can't do.

One of the many critiques about our football is that we give up too many late goals. It's like these teams know to turn up the pressure after the 85th minute to get a goal. We never "kill the game".. what I mean by that is the tactics. Man ain't standing in front of the ball when the opposition has a free kick, them ain't blasting the ball away, them ain't holding the ball up at the opponents corner in the final mins.

I do see some possible stars coming out of this group. Khan, James, Gill, Roka.. I can't remember which goalkeeper, but one looked like pretty good between the pipes.

Offline ffisback

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: July 03, 2022, 12:30:57 PM »
T&T and Jamaica play the same outdated English football but the difference is JA has discipline they can score 1 or 2 goals and frustrate the other team that's why JA can beat Hati while T&T can score 4 goals and still concede 4 T&T teams only have discipline and organization when they have a foreign coach with a Trinidadian coach its a just waist of time.

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: July 03, 2022, 01:03:06 PM »
Yeah I agree with that assessment.

JA only beat Haiti because of the 2 red cards. I watched the game. Haiti was outplaying them with 10 men. Even when Haiti was reduced to 9, JA barely dominated. We would have beaten JA.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2022, 01:06:26 PM by gawd on pitch »

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: July 03, 2022, 01:15:23 PM »
You touched on a valid point as far as defenders go.
It's hard to imagine that there are no better defenders in that age group in the whole of TnT.
Added to that, it's hard to imagine that in the two combines in the US, they couldn't find any better -- foreign-based defenders -- than those that were selected.
It's hard to imagine that out of the 30-plus players looked at in the combines that they couldn't find at least 4 or 5 defenders who were comfortable controlling and passing the ball, in addition to their defensive abilities? I was really hung up on that during our games.
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: July 03, 2022, 10:20:12 PM »
DR got hammered by the US. I was surprised at the result even though I did not see the game.  I thought DR would have learned something from the US game with home team Honduras. US just ran thru them in the first half like they did Honduras.

1]; } ?>