March 28, 2024, 05:35:55 PM

Author Topic: Men's U-20 Football Team Thread.  (Read 71341 times)

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
Re: 2018 CONCACAF Men's U-20 Championship Thread
« Reply #210 on: November 05, 2018, 07:57:06 PM »
no urgency or getting tight to attackers by most of the team
I pity the fool....

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: November 05, 2018, 08:00:08 PM »
5-1 no defensive organization and now apparently no brain either, 5 men was out of frame ball watching....apparently d attack doh defend...."dais not dem wuk" :frustrated: :frustrated:
« Last Edit: November 05, 2018, 08:03:37 PM by lefty »
I pity the fool....

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: November 05, 2018, 08:10:37 PM »
Are they coming home or are they in the next round? They lucky they won the first game. This team is in no way prepared properly for this tournament. To be honest they should be heading home. If they are in the next round, good luck!

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: November 05, 2018, 08:11:57 PM »
in this tournament format deeks only the top team advance
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: November 05, 2018, 08:14:48 PM »
neval hacksaw had two good games why not start him in this one
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: November 05, 2018, 08:15:50 PM »

Well, hard luck. If the top team alone advancing and the US is in your group, would you not make every effort that is possible to make sure your team come out top? Allyuh will blame Latapy. Well go ahead. DJW OUT!!!!

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: November 05, 2018, 08:16:03 PM »
I am willing to wager dat Angus Eve would have done better....it was clear from d outset that defense would be our downfall
I pity the fool....

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: November 05, 2018, 08:21:28 PM »
I am willing to wager dat Angus Eve would have done better....it was clear from d outset that defense would be our downfall

These are not the best players at this level we have i am pretty sure .. curious  as to why latapy did not start the left back from last game and hacksaw

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: November 05, 2018, 08:23:23 PM »

Well, hard luck. If the top team alone advancing and the US is in your group, would you not make every effort that is possible to make sure your team come out top? Allyuh will blame Latapy. Well go ahead. DJW OUT!!!!

not blaming him but with Latapy yuh know what yuh going to get i.e. decent on d ball, ok-ish in attack, dreadful in defense.....even with all d time in d world and good resources I have seen nothing that suggest otherwise....on almost every goal there were players clearly spectating with no intention or encouragement to fall back never once saw all 10 or even 9 ah woulda take 9 get behind the ball......dat is ah trade mark of latapy built teams.......sadly :( :( :( :( :( :-[ :-[ :-[
« Last Edit: November 05, 2018, 08:31:58 PM by lefty »
I pity the fool....

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: November 05, 2018, 08:29:01 PM »

These are not the best players at this level we have i am pretty sure .. curious  as to why latapy did not start the left back from last game and hacksaw

has latas ever played ah consistent 11 in his coaching career....even his subs tend not to make sense a lot of the time......remember him pulling off benny even though he was orchestrating almost everything against JA in U17 some years ago, then d bottom simply fell out of what was ah spirited fight back
I pity the fool....

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: November 05, 2018, 08:37:49 PM »
FULL-TIME: United States U-20 6-1 Trinidad and Tobago U-20. Goals by Brandon Servania (6'), Justin Rennicks (8'), Paxton Pomykal (45'), Alex Mendez (52'), Ulysses Llanez (56'), Juan Pablo Torres (90'+3); Isaiah Lee (54').
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: November 05, 2018, 08:41:51 PM »
well it done .....not shocked......we should really try to incorporated a culture of defending as a unit, proper teamwork would have really help this group.... we played like two disconnected blocks of 5 and ah keeper, dais not how 4-1-4-1 meant to work
« Last Edit: November 05, 2018, 11:01:58 PM by lefty »
I pity the fool....

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: November 05, 2018, 09:15:20 PM »
WATCH: Highlights of Trinidad and Tobago U-20's 6-1 loss to the United States.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/21-wL8x-zSg" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/21-wL8x-zSg</a>
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: November 05, 2018, 10:14:06 PM »
They did well to win their first two. It would have been an uphill battle to beat the U.S. on our best day, far less beat them after three months of no training. Our defensive naivete was on full display.

Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: November 05, 2018, 10:21:39 PM »
This team shows no desire to play at this level. They were playing like 12 years ago on the field. It was very disappointing to watch. I respect Latapy but I really feel for him :frustrated:

Offline coache

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #225 on: November 05, 2018, 10:29:30 PM »
I feel for Latapy the poor guy ..I don't know what is his vision as a Coach ..as a player it was clear. Trinidad and Tobago should hire a real Technical Director so that these young Coaches like Latapy,Eve and others can develop. It's so disheartening to see that there is no style of play, no real system, players having trouble controlling and passing..the future looks very dim.
The players are lacking in the basics, their game experience  like their game intelligence appear to be very limited to say the least.
I suggest that the administration should hire a foreign Technical Director..one with experience and knowledge in implementing a system of football which teaches both the player and the Coach what is required for success at the highest level.
It is clear the Coach lacks in vision as well as experience because his players play the game like novices who spend more time playing wii and Fifa than actually spending time practicing with a real football. This I can tell by just looking at the physique of these players ..they don't spend nearly enough time with the ball on a daily basis. I don't feel they even play small goal on a regular basis..so sad to see.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #226 on: November 06, 2018, 01:55:43 AM »
U-20s drop points to USA in third qualifier.
TTFA Media.

Trinidad and Tobago’s Under 20 Men’s team dropped its first points at the CONCACAF Under 20 Championship on Monday night, going down 6-1 to defending champions United States at IMG Academy in Bradenton, Florida.

In what was dubbed as the group decider with both teams recording wins in their opening two matches, the US took early control against a T&T side which started shakily and conceded two goals in the opening eight minutes and were forced to chase the game for long periods following that.

Head coach Russell Latapy made changes to his starting team from the 5-1 win over Puerto Rico, looking to add fresh legs because of the level of opponents and contest in the third outing in five days for the T&T side. Jaydon Prowell, Nickel Orr and Judah Garcia who all played in the opening 3-2 win over St Vincent/Grenadines on Thursday, were back among the starters.

Brandon Servania’s strike from 25 yards out put the hosts ahead in the 6th minute and two minutes later Justin Rennick’s shot deflected off defender Justin Homer into the net off the right post to leave the US in front 2-0.

T&T tried to settle without much success as the US kept control of proceedings for much of the half and grabbed a third goal following a defensive lapse through Paxton Pomykal a minute into added on time. At 3-0 just before the break, the US were now confident that the game was secured for them.

After Alex Mendez made it 4-0 in the 52nd minute, T&T got on the scoresheet two minutes later when Orr combined with substitute Isaiah Lee who got the ball past goalkeeper Brady Scott with an easy finish.

The US increased their advantage in the 56th through Ulysses Llanez and Juan Pablo Torres got the sixth item in the 93rd minute.

Following the match, head coach Latapy said he knew it was going to be an uphill task to overcome the Tab Ramos-coached opposition.

“We’ll use it as a learning experience. We came into this tournament with three training sessions. We have a squad with players making their debut on the national team in this tournament so we knew it was going to be difficult especially against a US team that had five training camps and multiple training matches,” Latapy told TTFA Media.

“We asked them to work hard, be determined and leave everything out there and my thoughts are that they did that. If I have to say that I was disappointed with anything, I would say I just wanted us to be a bit smarter in terms of football. We were just playing balls inside of the field. Like the sixth goal for example, I know the game is over but it’s a really poor goal to lose. We’re in possession of the ball, we play it in the middle of the field and lose it and concede,” the former Falkirk FC coach said.

Commenting on T&T’s nervy start which saw the US race to a 2-0 lead, Latapy stated, “We said before the game that the US were always two or three goals up after twenty, thirty minutes in their previous matches . We knew they were going to throw everything at us in the first twenty minutes. We wanted to keep the ball off of them a little better and we weren’t able to. They came out with a lot of energy and they were pressing, and on top of that we weren’t keeping the ball well. So yes, it seems as though the occasion was just a little too much for us but again I still think if we had the time to work and be confident in our organization and our structure, then it would have helped in that first twenty minutes,” Latapy added.

The USA roster consisted of 15 players representing pro clubs from five different countries: Belgium, Canada, Germany, Portugal and the USA with four players being collegiate athletes: Griffin Dorsey and Justin Rennicks (Indiana), Manny Perez (N.C. State), and Frankie Amaya (UCLA).Ten players represent seven MLS clubs: Philadelphia Union (3), FC Dallas (2), LA Galaxy (1), New England Revolution (1), Seattle Sounders (1), Sporting KC (1), and Toronto FC (1).The US has qualified for 15 of 21 FIFA World Youth Championships/FIFA U-20 World Cups since the biannual tournament started in 1977, including 10 of the last 11 and three straight under the guidance of Ramos.

T&T has participated at two FIFA U-20 World Cups in 1991 and 2009. Luke Singh (Toronto FC), Che Benny with Portuguese side Lexioes and John Paul Rochford (Portland Timbers U-19s) are the only players attached to overseas professional clubs while Jabarry Francis plays with T&T Pro League team Club Sando, goalkeeper Denzil Smith is attached to W Connection, Derron John with Caledonia AIA, Orr (San Juan Jabloteh), Garcia (Point Fortin Civic Centre), Shaqkeem Joseph (Moruga Secondary), Mark Ramdeen (Naparima College) and Justin Homer and Isaiah Lee with Kean University and Monroe Community College respectively.

T&T faces Suriname on Wednesday and US Virgin Islands on Friday to close off the group phase.

Results

USA 6 (Brandon Servania 6, Justin Homer 8 Own-Goal, Paxton Pomykal 45, Alex Mendez 52, Ulysses Llanez 56, Juan Pablo Torres 90+3) vs T&T 1 ( Isaiah Lee 54)

Teams

Trinidad and Tobago – 1.Denzil Smith (GK); 4.Jerrin Jackie (Yellow 45), 5.Justin Homer (15.John-Paul Rochford 27′), 16.Luke Singh, 2.Mikel Mieres, 17.Matthew Beal (6.Isaiah Lee 46′); 19.Shaqkeem Joseph, 8.Jabarry Francis, 10.Judah Garcia (capt) (Yellow 55), 9.Jaydon Prowell, 13.Nickel Orr (Yellow 37) (7.Mark Ramdeen 86′)

Unused substitutes: 20.Jabari Brice (GK), 18.Kerdell Sween.3.Derron John, 11.Che Benny, 12.Kishon Hackshaw, 14.Ethan Bonaparte,

Head Coach: Russell Latapy.

USA: 1-Brady Scott; 16-Julian Araujo, 4-Mark McKenzie, 5-Matt Real (capt.), 3-Chris Gloster; 10-Paxton Pomykal, 6-Brandon Servania, 8-Alex Mendez, 17-Ayo Akinola (20-Frankie Amaya, 82), 9-Justin Rennicks (13-Griffin Dorsey, 70), 11-Ulysses Llanez (7-Juan Pablo Torres, 63).

Subs not used: 12-David Ochoa, 14-Manny Perez; 15-Anthony Fontana, 18-Issac Angking, 19-Sam Rogers

Head coach: Tab Ramos.

Referee: Juan Calderon (CRC).

2018 CONCACAF U-20 Championship Group A Standings

Teams  P  W  L  D  Pts  F  A  GD
USA  3  3  0  0  9  26  2  +24
Suriname  3  2  1  0  6  16  5  +11
T&T  3  2  1  0  6  9  9  0
St Vincent  3  1  2  0  3  6  4  +2
Puerto Rico  3  1  2  0  3  4  13  -9
U.S. Virgin Islands  3  0  3  0  0  2  29  -27

Stats Summary: USA / TRI
Shots: 24 / 8
Shots on Goal: 10 / 4
Saves: 3 / 4
Corner Kicks: 4 / 1
Fouls: 16 / 12
Offside: 3 / 4

Post Match Reactions from Latapy following loss to the US in U-20 qualifier

Highlights: United States with a 6-1 victory over Trinidad and Tobago

« Last Edit: November 07, 2018, 02:47:27 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: November 06, 2018, 06:40:04 AM »
Che Benny's participation in this tournament thus far has been restricted to just north of 24 minutes.  :thinking:

Offline Thomo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: November 06, 2018, 07:50:00 AM »
DJW: Look how good we did without regular training camps. We scored a great goal against them. Only a few people causing mischief.

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: November 06, 2018, 09:38:13 AM »
We blame the coach and the players because they are the visible targets. But does anyone expect that you could put together a team two weeks before an international tournament, with no friendlies, and beat a US team that has been together for two years, practices together every few months, and has played together in 6 or 7 international friendly games against world class opponents? The real problem (and I admit that Coach Latapy has his deficiencies) is a football administration that is self-serving, egotistical bunch that does not look out for the interest of its players and the country. 
This is a pattern that has been displayed at every level - with the National Senior men's team, with the National Senior women's team and again with the U-20s. In any self-respecting community, the president and his entire team would resign in shame. But that's not the Trini way.
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: November 06, 2018, 11:38:37 AM »
Massive difference in technical ability. Our players' ball control was several levels below that of the US. And because we couldn't control the ball, the second play (pass or shot) was often hurried or under duress, leading to a turnover in possession. That is not Latapy's fault. He can't teach that with his limited time with the team. That has to be taught and developed from grassroots level, and with the players' regular clubs/teams.
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: November 06, 2018, 11:52:56 AM »
We blame the coach and the players because they are the visible targets. But does anyone expect that you could put together a team two weeks before an international tournament, with no friendlies, and beat a US team that has been together for two years, practices together every few months, and has played together in 6 or 7 international friendly games against world class opponents? The real problem (and I admit that Coach Latapy has his deficiencies) is a football administration that is self-serving, egotistical bunch that does not look out for the interest of its players and the country. 
This is a pattern that has been displayed at every level - with the National Senior men's team, with the National Senior women's team and again with the U-20s. In any self-respecting community, the president and his entire team would resign in shame. But that's not the Trini way.

I agree fully, but d totally lack of defending fundamentals was just so hard to watch......and we know that defensively no team will develop under Latas unless he develops an understanding of defending fundamentals, these days coaches hadda sit down decide what kinda coach they are and build a system around that and ah doh just mean a formation....the team was always fragmented from d word go on every single goal, yuh never saw our front 5 show up to help d defense at all....the 5th goal was by far the most disturbing of the lot because dat ball was bouncing around d top of the area for what seemed like an eternity and yet only 5 man was working and maybe even outnumbered at d top of our own box........we have always had a culture of giving attacking players a pass on defense and reserving defense for our least technical players and it systemic, yuh ever notice just how out of their depth d average trini defender looks on the ball and off of it when the pace of ah game lil high......dis admin is waste of time is for sure........but d systemic deficiencies in trinidad football doh help either.

I have a theory that if yuh took ah bunch of average, but willing players, worked on their fitness, endurance, touch and passing and got them to a state where they could comfortably operate at about 4-5 steps faster than the average trini team with a high\middling energetic press that yuh would do very well.....basically just attack every known TT football flaw
I pity the fool....

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: November 06, 2018, 12:03:04 PM »
A competition going on?? Let me guess, we getting we arse cut well and proper right??

:yawning: :yawning: ::)
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: November 06, 2018, 03:16:52 PM »
A competition going on?? Let me guess, we getting we arse cut well and proper right??

only lost once in 3 games played, 6-1 to USA, but d writing was on d wall with d poor prep and what had been observed in those 2 games prior, namely poor disorganized defense and disjointed play in general
I pity the fool....

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: November 06, 2018, 04:35:07 PM »

only lost once in 3 games played, 6-1 to USA, but d writing was on d wall with d poor prep and what had been observed in those 2 games prior, namely poor disorganized defense and disjointed play in general

lefty you remember this under 20 squad 2 cycles back 2015 .. I think this team lacks the quality players

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/RdG_KSDy5Ls" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/RdG_KSDy5Ls</a>

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: November 06, 2018, 06:11:23 PM »

lefty you remember this under 20 squad 2 cycles back 2015 .. I think this team lacks the quality players

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/RdG_KSDy5Ls" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/RdG_KSDy5Ls</a>
yes d difference in organization and speed of play is telling
I pity the fool....

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: November 06, 2018, 08:06:46 PM »

Our team is at a disadvantage here. The the TTFA f---ked up with this team like the previous teams in terms of preparation. DJW has on blinders. His focus is to build the hotel. He cares about nothing else. Period. When you look at the US. They hardly using high school players, and first and second year college students anymore. Their academy is now producing players that can match the Mexicans and destroy the Caribbean teams. We have a mixture of high school, Proleague "academy" players(which is not on par with the product coming out of Bradenton) and some overseas born players. Another thing is the timing of the tournament. It is is the middle of the school semester. This tournament used to penned for mid august. They have it in October-November. So where does that leave the good high school players in TT. But still DJW f---ked up.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: November 06, 2018, 08:30:06 PM »
Jamaica good game 2-2 with Mexico ..

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #238 on: November 07, 2018, 01:43:15 AM »
Sports Ministry gives $.4M to U-20 campaign.
T&T Guardian Reports.

As T&T's Un­der-20 na­tion­al foot­ball team pre­pares to face Suri­name to­day and the US Vir­gin Is­lands on Fri­day to close off the group phase of the CON­CA­CAF Un­der-20 Men Cham­pi­onship World Cup qual­i­fi­er in the Unit­ed States, the Min­istry of Sport & Youth Af­fairs pre­sent­ed a cheque val­ued TT$452,855.00 to the T&T Foot­ball As­so­ci­a­tion (TTFA) to cov­er ex­pens­es for the tour­na­ment.

T&T played the USA in its third match on Mon­day night and was de­feat­ed 6-1.

The Ho­n­ourable Sham­fa Cud­joe, in her re­marks be­fore the pre­sen­ta­tion, ex­tend­ed best wish­es to the team and took the op­por­tu­ni­ty to re­it­er­ate that NG­Bs must be more cir­cum­spect in their fund­ing re­quests. Min­is­ter Cud­joe said, “The Min­istry and SporTT stand ready to pro­vide the nec­es­sary as­sis­tance when called up­on but NG­Bs al­so have the re­spon­si­bil­i­ty to prac­tice trans­paren­cy, ac­count­abil­i­ty and even democ­ra­cy in their own af­fairs. Plan­ning and prepa­ra­tion are fun­da­men­tal to the process of sports de­vel­op­ment and we look for­ward to im­prove­ment in these ar­eas go­ing for­ward.”

Both Di­rec­tor Hay­den Mitchell of the Sports Com­pa­ny of Trinidad and To­ba­go (SporTT) and the Min­istry’s Di­rec­tor of Sports Patrice Charles con­curred with the Min­is­ter’s con­cerns about the time­li­ness of for­mal re­quests for fund­ing, es­pe­cial­ly in to­day’s chal­leng­ing eco­nom­ic cli­mate.

To date, T&T has won two of the Group A match­es at the tour­na­ment which be­gan on 1 No­vem­ber. T&T came from be­hind to beat St Vin­cent and the Grenadines 3-2 and romped to a 5-1 vic­to­ry against Puer­to Ri­co but lost to the USA 6-1 on Mon­day night. The next for T&T is Suri­name. The top two teams of each group would qual­i­fy for the 2019 FI­FA U20 World Cup.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: November 07, 2018, 03:17:08 AM »
Sports Ministry gives $.4M to U-20 campaign.
T&T Guardian Reports.

To date, T&T has won two of the Group A match­es at the tour­na­ment which be­gan on 1 No­vem­ber. T&T came from be­hind to beat St Vin­cent and the Grenadines 3-2 and romped to a 5-1 vic­to­ry against Puer­to Ri­co but lost to the USA 6-1 on Mon­day night. The next for T&T is Suri­name. The top two teams of each group would qual­i­fy for the 2019 FI­FA U20 World Cup.

This not sounding in line with what I hearing all along.

1]; } ?>