April 25, 2024, 07:17:37 PM

Author Topic: D Touches Observation Congrats San Juan..... Fatima better luck next time  (Read 2645 times)

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
Dear Forumites,

I was real bite up and upset yesterday, this game depressed me no end and as a former student and player of Fatima College, I was living vicariously through the XI Fatima players on the field yesterday.

Them fellas achieve what in my generation we coulda only dream bout......to play in a national Intercol Final. As such, I was rooting for my team.

I arrived in the stadium about 4pm. A heavy Police presence was outside controlling the traffic both pedestrian and vehicle and patrons were asked to walk inside a lane of cones.
Upon reaching the Covered stads only two gates were open. It was from here the battle lines were drawn, Fatima students and supporters in one line, San Juan students and teachers in another.

Being the professional observationist, I analysed the length of the line and more importantly the competency of the attendant in the booth.......I dip in the San Juan line.

So  the San Juan students and supporters were a bit "rough" in their language, dress and deameanour. I had to pull up one fella for trying to intimidate a small lil form one Fatima youth walking past and when about 3 or 4 decided to break the line under gangster ting, I negotiated with one that he may do so, but only behind me.

"Yes fadder, dais no scene, bless" said the gold toothed fella who squeezed in behind me.

A San Juan school teacher dressed in her green T shirt gave me a rag and a photo copied sheet with some chants on it. I shoulda type out some of them ting for alyuh,kix too bad. But I gave them both to the smallie behind the gold teeth fella who get squeezed out.

After coming tru the turnstile I got a speed stick mini bar and a bottle of Oasis water.

Some of them school chirren shoulda immediately pass some of that under dey arm, cause at that hr of the day they was smelly lil Moley and Frowsy.

Now I used my Oasis water to quench my thirst, but to San Juan students they were used as missiles as they were thrown at Fatima supporters and students during the game....more on that to follow.

Sitting in the stands I took up a seat near the half line behind the camera men/vip box.
Disgruntled and some other ex school mates was in the lime and we all start to take in the action

Arghm for those interested, Whim the whip and Jan the Assitant were present to scout for talent.

San Juan supporters, drums and iron were up top on the right movietown side. Fatima supporters drums, iron and Bull horn were down low near the track bottom middle.

All the partisan spectators were up top.

Now its funny, everybody who was from San Juan was identified as San Juan, all the students were in they uniform, everybody with some kinda San Juan t shirt, football jersey etc. Also they had a kinda "finish" about them.

Fatima supporters on the other hand, only the form 1 and 2 were in their uniform, all the rest in civilian clothing and they too had a kinda "finish" about them.

In terms of cheering and noise San Juan cheered louder as they had girls, but Fatima make more noise with the drums and iron.

Also the Rastas and Gangsters in the crowd left the confines of the Covered stand, walked along the running track, climbed the fence and went into the locked grounds section. To be secluded and give thanks with their "offerings"

Tweet game orn and I ent know what to say. I giving full credit to San Juan for playing their game, following instructions, absorbing pressure after pressure and taking their chances when it was afforded.

San Juan played a 4-5-1 formation and it worked well. the back 4 played with three flat and a sweeper. the 5 in the middle in a kinda diamond and a lone fwd.

Fatima played a traditional 4-4-2, and looked strong but as the newspaper report stated earlier the weak link was the keeper, that lil fella small and the Fatima left back give REEEEAAAAAALLLLL trouble and was at fault for each of the goals conceded.

San Jan had a extra player in the middle and was winning all the balls and exchanges in the midfield. However they couldn't come out of their half and resorted to the long ball, with the fwd chasing.
But the wingers and fwd for San Juan were skillful and Fatima had to double team them.

Fatima was making inroads into the San Juan half with the passing but the final 3rd no one would step up and crack a shot or a pass would be made errant. San Juan playing the fast counter and their players getting fouled in the process.

The beat of the first half from either team was a neat cyap by the Fatima number 10 Marin on the San Juan winger, and from San Juan a fella in a red boots on the wing had a nifty pull back which he did between two Fatima menand skipped tru the space.

I found the first half to be even but the first San Juan goal was just poor play from Fatima and excellent play form the lone San Juan fwd.

The Fatima keeper kicks the ball out from a spot kick, the stopper collects it and the fwd pass is made to the Fatima winger and intercepted. The entire Fatima defence already pushed fwd and out and the Fatima left back pick up the San Juan player and they are on the line going towards the corner flag. The Fatima Winger who made the first mess up does not back track or cut inside to support, the two fatima stoppers already out of the play and really it is a 1 v1 situation on the line. For what reason I doe know the keeper races off his line out the six and close to the 18 yd box. It is here the Fatima left back gets a small tun, a easy body fake and heads towards goal. The fatiima defender is inside of him goal side but the fwd seeing the keeper advancing takes a shot and it rolls into the net.

Well boy I cuss, it had no danger there and the lil keeper....me ent know what posess him to rush out so.

Now here is when the Oasis bottles became visible. San Juan scores, noise and celebration and all of a Sudden the San Juan students high up start throwing the full water bottles at Fatima students. The Royal Bank guards and fire officers on duty quickly start to monitor the situation but silly incidents like these should not be allowed.

1-0.  After that Fatima got a penalty and while I was glad the score was tied at 1-1 I found it was a lil Harsh on San Juan. The ref however was consistent in making bad calls and so it was even for both teams.

Half time and both teams even, Fatima attacking more and messing up in the final third, San Juan playing defensive but when they go fwd, looking much more dangerous.

Upon the resumption exactly 14 seconds after kickoff Fatima were stunned with a second goal. A total fluke and hard luck but had the goal keeper been positioned correctly would have never scored.

The Lone fwd makes a dummy run, the winger collects the ball and slips it to him. The entire Fatima back line is present and intact and the left back slides in to block the shot that the fwd unleashes. I ent know what the Fatima keeper was thinking...but the lil fella run off his line again and is stranded in no mans land.

From the skate tackle/block the ball flies and spins in the air....real high...just floating...and it spins backward and lobs the keeper and nestles in the back of the net.

From dat moment I say...Fatima ent doing it...see dat kinda jumbie goal the "Football Gods not on our side today"

Oasis bottle start to pelt again and then the free deodorant start to leggo too.

Then Fatima realised they down and started to play ball. The setta petty touch was eradicated and it was a long cross ball switch that was beating the entire San Juan midfield and defence and Fatima were on the go.

Its just the the man on the receiving end who mistrap, miskick, or shoot wide.

There was a glaring sitter in the six yard box that the fatima fwd threw away, then men would reach in the box and doe shoot, or try to dribble three men in the area or after doing all the hard work slip in a cross than men whould just miss by inches.

San Juan then scored a third goal against the run of play. After rushing a long ball to the corner flag the Fatima Left back jostles the San Juan fwd. he wins the ball back but instead of clearing it out decides to beat ACROSS HIS OWN PENALTY Area his teamates shouting at him and cussing him to get out the ball.... the man run and play ronaldinho, shielding one San Juan player and trying to beat two others. he gets a jam in the right back position of the field the ball is lost in the area and touched back for a easy tap into the goal......beating the keeper..( Who off his line again)

3-1 and I say steupsss...Dais it for we. 30 min to go and I couldnt see where the goal coming form.

It is then Fatima coach put orn some subs and started to pay dividends. The left back who sell guns and cause the goals get sub, they put orn a short man and its pure long ball. San Juan looked to defend with everyone back and a player got red carded.

10 men and 25 min to play It looked like a comeback  and Fatima got a second penalty for their efforts.

3-2 and Game orn.

The ref also did not apply the advantage rule as at one point a Fatima player was brought down, the pass that was made however sent a player thru on goal and he scored but it was ruled out, and a free kick was then taken.

The Last 20 min of the game were all Fatima and they only have their fwds to blame for missing sitters and not putting away the chances or rather Xmas gifts that were presented to them. Many a corner and flashing header just grazed the post and if the shot didnt go wide or saved by the keeper, men want to walk in the post or make a bad pass in the 18 yd box.

Also a scary moment came 5 min from the end when a San Juan winger got a ball and after crossing the half line spotted the Fatima Keeper off his line and drived a BULLET from about 30-40 yrds out. Poor fella he try to jump he try to stretch and the ball went....PING off the cross bar.

Fatima were lucky not to collect a 4th and dat woulda be goal of the tournament.

In the 90th min another chance spurned by Fatima.

it was clear that Fatima was the fitter of the two teams and had the game gone to extra time or penalties Fatima may have pulled it off. But all credit to San Juan, they defended with their lives and their keeper pulled off some big saves to keep the score at 3-2.

At the final whistle, joy and celebration on one side......weeping, wailing and gnashing of teeth on the other.

Congrats San Juan on a well fought, well deserved victory and good try Fatima better luck next time.

« Last Edit: December 01, 2006, 08:17:09 AM by Touches »

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline lickslikefire

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: D Touches Observation Congrats San Juan..... Fatima better luck next time
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2006, 08:19:50 AM »
Thanks for the report breds...Congrats again to San Juan   :beermug:

Offline duscam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2006, 09:14:33 AM »
other than St . Marys staying up this is the highlight of the season for me!!! FATIMA LORSE!!! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :devil: :devil:

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2006, 09:27:31 AM »
As usual Touches thanks for your report,it's about 10:00 am here and i just got the results,it's a relief for me knowing it took us 20 yrs to win this trophy,San Juan can now say they have won every trophy in the Colleges league,i'm feeling good for the whole San Juan community i mean what else does San Juan have these guys have made us proud,i want to thank everyone on here who have supported us on the way to achieving it.

SAN JUAN SNR I'M PROUD OF YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2006, 09:53:15 AM »
Touches boy we were on different sides yesterday and I glad u pointed out that fella who had the whistle should be in charge of a cricket game. As Coops say it has been 20 longgggggggg years but that make the victory sweet.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2006, 10:21:20 AM »
nice man felt as if i were there, thanks

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline shooter

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2006, 02:04:55 PM »
why yuh doh apply for the communications officer job with the TTFF...LOL...good report farda ....bless

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2006, 03:06:08 PM »
Touches

how you go tell people you play for Fatima;
You trying to bring down the school or something  ;D ;D :rotfl: :rotfl:

Man go want to know how you could make the side or how you could get so shitty.

Make sure you tell them men that you was a sub for the second 11 and only played when certain men had already got injured so you get a lil sweat.

You dont want to cause too much mis information.........lol

Offline santacruz

• Full Warrior
  • This year is the Dutch year!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2006, 03:21:29 PM »
glad tuh hear wim was there! hopefully he spot some kinda talent.
Fatima old boy graduate in '95 from Form 5, '97 from Form 6, lived in Santa Cruz.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2006, 04:37:55 PM »
Wim is everywhere. So they cyah accuse him of sunning his buns. They accuse him of lots more but not scouting new talent
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

1]; } ?>