April 19, 2024, 02:01:23 PM

Poll

Should you have to pay to screen fuh de national team

Yes
4 (22.2%)
No
14 (77.8%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Author Topic: National team benifits  (Read 5099 times)

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
Re: National team benifits
« Reply #30 on: November 27, 2006, 07:30:27 PM »
When players are given the opportunity to represent their country, who benefits most?

A. Player

B. Country

C. Citzens

D. Private enterprise

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 27, 2006, 09:16:31 PM »
I voted no, because of the question being asked. However, in my opinion the players are not paying to get screen. From what was said in this thread, all the Federation is requesting, is for the players to meet  the expense of transportation. Now that is different from them having to deal with all the other bills, such as food, lodging etc. If this this was the case, then I would say they are paying to get screen. For us living in the US, we all know that a bus or train ride is not expensive, especially when you stand a chance of changing your entire football life. Yes it is Thanksgiving holiday, but it is still affordable. That is all you need, a ride to the location, and the father above and Wim will do the rest. Of course this is my opinion, and I respect all other opinions expressed under this thread. Bless.
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Money doh change we, we are de money changer. But fool if yuh dis, it will surely be danger. Large up de Enterprise and Alliance every time. KROSS KROSS.

Offline rippin

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 28, 2006, 11:31:33 AM »
When players are given the opportunity to represent their country, who benefits most?

A. Player

B. Country

C. Citzens

D. Private enterprise

With the way the TTFF is run I would have to say the Country.The TTFF does not take the player into consideration. They use them, suck them dry and spit them out. The coaching staff does not have enough time to really do anything with the players so the player remains stagnant. A player cannot develop if he only going on trials and not being coached. Eventually some players realize T & T football have no profit and go and get a job. If the TTFF want to exploit our true talent they need to approach football professionally. Realize that the players are a product they need to develop and sell. Make it profitable for a good coach to stay in Trinidad.

There is no reason why the TTFF cannot play about 15 friendlies a year. South America close by. We should use them as a test for the full squad on at least 5 of the international friendly dates. The rest of the games should be used to give youth players and PFL players a taste of a higher level of football. We could play Haiti or SVG or somebody. PFL players will get caps and more importantly exposure under Wim. Hopefully he could supplement what is lacking in the PFL Coaches. It have plenty football to play. The TTFF just doh want to fork out the $. Every game doh have to make. Breaking even is cool to.  Every game doh have to play up North either.

We only asking questions trying to fix the symptoms of the problem and not the root cause. The question I would I would like to ask is, does the TTFF have a responsibility to help players develop and further their career?  I think the TTFF's role is to develop football in Trinidad. Not to make money.  Not to entertain the public. If they recognize this then they would realize they need to work hand in hand with the SSFl, the PFL, Community leagues etc. The TTFF should help PFL sides who qualify for but cannot afford to play in the Club Championship or whatever it is called. The TTFF should help a PFL select organize games against South American or Central American clubs. The TTFF should help organize games for the SSFL select to play other school or teams in the CFU. Why can't we have a Caribbean School boys competition. The winning school takes their team pus two or three guest players etc etc All these things give playes exposure and don't risk the national team record or ranking.

The ministry of sports need to sit down with all sports men who have excelled internationally and have been exposed to techniques and training that improved them.  Men like Dwight, Latas, Ato, Lara, Steven Ames, Bovel etc etc and find out what the majority of the T & T coaches not doing. Imagine if Channel 4 had a sports shows with the players above showing drills etc. That is coaching that reaching more people than any program the Ministry or relevant organizations can implement. If Dwight or Latas tell a youth man trapping the ball is important and show him drills he will do it. If a coach who never see the outside of Trinidad tell this same man he need to do trapping drills after practice. He not going to take on that coach because in SSFL he ripping up his peers.

Any way I stray off the topic. Right now I think playing for a college in the US have more benefits  for a young player as opposed to playing on the national team.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2006, 11:46:57 AM by rippin »
Genius is one per cent inspiration, ninety-nine per cent perspiration. (Thomas A. Edison )

1]; } ?>