April 29, 2024, 10:26:40 AM

Author Topic: Knock! KnocK! It's Guyana  (Read 3518 times)

Offline Toussaint

• Hero Warrior
  • ...l'arbre de la liberte des noirs.
    • View Profile
    • Haiti Spors
Knock! KnocK! It's Guyana
« on: November 27, 2006, 09:31:53 AM »
Guess who's coming your way? Guyana, the most improved Caribbean team.

Guyana qualifies for the final round in TnT after they beat Guadeloupe 3-2 in Day 2 of group H actions.

Day 1:
Guyana vs Antigua 6-0
Guadeloupe vs DR 3-0

Day2:
Guyana vs Guadeloupe 3-2 (Guy 6pts; Guad 3pts). Guyana qualifies.
DR vs Antigua 2-0 (DR 3pts; Ant 0pt)

...l'arbre de la liberte des noirs.

truetrini

Re: Knock! KnocK! It's Guyana
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2006, 09:47:38 AM »
steups, what are they coming for?  Maybe to sell us some rice?

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2006, 09:50:16 AM »
yep I keeping my eyes on Guyana ..man think is joke Guyana have x amount of nationals fareign born who could find themselves into the Guyana squad.. Guyana have a big pool of players  .allyuh go ahead and laugh.. Any flicking side I tun I does see a guyaneese.. Dem dey all bout de place..  I guess Shabbazz showing dem how to play football Trinidad style!!!!!!!!!!!! but it nuh matter level blows for dem....

war..
Black Lives Matter..

truetrini

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2006, 09:53:11 AM »
yep I keeping my eyes on Guyana ..man think is joke Guyana have x amount of nationals fareign born who could find themselves into the Guyana squad.. Guyana have a big pool of players  .allyuh go ahead and laugh.. Any flicking side I tun I does see a guyaneese.. Dem dey all bout de place..  I guess Shabbazz showing dem how to play football Trinidad style!!!!!!!!!!!! but it nuh matter level blows for dem....

war..

yes, and everywhere i turn I see fools, but guyana cyar beat we in football at all, at all.

If dat happens den wim have to kill he self.

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2006, 11:20:03 AM »
They have a Trini Shabazz coaching them and they have top players in we pro league so anything is possible. With all then Guyanese in TnT, if the game in TnT they might have more support than we :o

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2006, 11:26:52 AM »
They have a Trini Shabazz coaching them and they have top players in we pro league so anything is possible. With all then Guyanese in TnT, if the game in TnT they might have more support than we :o

TRUE!

their squad have some foreign born on it. i believe their player from Miami FC born in the USA.

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2006, 11:27:10 AM »
The more starving and hungry you does be the more desperate and single-minded the football. Dais why Guyana and Haiti making strides. The hunger theory. They know what hard times is about. No spoil chile on dem team
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2006, 11:35:36 AM »
The more starving and hungry you does be the more desperate and single-minded the football. Dais why Guyana and Haiti making strides. The hunger theory. They know what hard times is about. No spoil chile on dem team

look at how that work for brazil - make it in football or dead in de ghetto.

Offline Toussaint

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Haiti Spors
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2006, 12:04:23 PM »

In the case of Haiti, the drive is to  get a visa/contract and leave the island. Exodus.

Unfortunately, the very poor kids often face a greater obstacle: corruption. To make it to the NT, they need to know somebody who knows somebody at the higher level. For instance,  the leading goalscorers in the Haitian league are not in the NT. The kids you see in the Haitian teams are often reps of Haiti's very thin middle class and they barely represent the best of the country.

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2006, 12:27:03 PM »

In the case of Haiti, the drive is to  get a visa/contract and leave the island. Exodus.

Unfortunately, the very poor kids often face a greater obstacle: corruption. To make it to the NT, they need to know somebody who knows somebody at the higher level. For instance,  the leading goalscorers in the Haitian league are not in the NT. The kids you see in the Haitian teams are often reps of Haiti's very thin middle class and they barely represent the best of the country.

wow!! so if the talented ones made it on merit only

Haiti could really be a viper of the concacaf powerhouses
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2006, 01:05:32 PM »

De rest ah allyuh should hold dem dong an' beat dey ass every time dey come practice!! After about 2-3 beatings dey go stop coming and morale will improve on de res' of de team!

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline Baygo Boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2006, 01:47:56 PM »
Don't know why this is a surprise. Jerome doing well in the PFL - Pollard was DOY a few years ago - remember Collie Hercules. Most of them are starters in the PFL - stands to reason that the National team will eventually get better. The next one is Bermuda.

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2006, 03:37:17 PM »
Wah happen tuh some people on dis forum, all yuh getting carried away ah what? Yow listen meh, ah would say de same as TT, Guyana eh beating we in no serious competition(WCQ, etc). All yuh fell yuh does  just jump out ah yuh mother belly and start running, yuh have tuh roll, creep and all dem thing first. Guyana is an improved team, but don't let your imagination run wild. Ah walking wid meh chest up, and screwing meh face wid it 2, Guyana eh beating T&T in football, dis is not cricket people, wake up. Bless.
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Money doh change we, we are de money changer. But fool if yuh dis, it will surely be danger. Large up de Enterprise and Alliance every time. KROSS KROSS.

Offline Israel

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2006, 04:35:55 PM »
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

They say Guyana major export is people.......
If a rasta in a coma, is he still conscious?

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2006, 05:21:40 AM »
Agree with SUPA, listen to what some of allyuh saying and believing, THERE IS NO WAY GUYANA BEATING TRINIDAD, steups.

Why are we even entertaining these conversations?

Tousaint, big up yuh team boss, but the merit you and everyone else have coming into this tournament is folly.

U all doing well and beating up other caribbean teams and riding hype.

Every single team that coming for this competition in jan will all be underdogs starting agasint T&T.

Come on man, what wrong with some of these caribbean upstarts....?

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2006, 06:06:18 AM »

war..

yes, and everywhere i turn I see fools, but guyana cyar beat we in football at all, at all.

If dat happens den wim have to kill he self.

Nah he going to jump in de Essiqeubo river come out an blame it on obeah.
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline Toussaint

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Haiti Spors
« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2006, 06:47:54 AM »
Agree with SUPA, listen to what some of allyuh saying and believing, THERE IS NO WAY GUYANA BEATING TRINIDAD, steups.

Why are we even entertaining these conversations?

Tousaint, big up yuh team boss, but the merit you and everyone else have coming into this tournament is folly.

U all doing well and beating up other caribbean teams and riding hype.

Every single team that coming for this competition in jan will all be underdogs starting agasint T&T.

Come on man, what wrong with some of these caribbean upstarts....?

Trini, my post was not intended to scare you and it's certainly not an indication of my support for the guyanese team over tnt. But based on their sudden rise in the E. Caribbean, I warn 'all so-called powerhouses' to be aware that Guyana may cause more trouble than SVG in the final rounds.

Think about this: Martinique vs HAITI 1-0
                       Guadeloupe vs Martinique 4-0
                       Guyana vs Guadeloupe 3-2.

In regard to the underdog thing, TnT's status in the region makes every team in CFU 'underdogs' in tournaments hosted by TnT (even #1 Cuba  :)). The same is true for Jamaica where TnT would be underdog.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2006, 06:58:09 AM by Toussaint »

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2006, 07:56:11 AM »
Big up Guyana

Offline Luger

• New Warrior
  • "God+Family+Football=LIFE."
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2006, 08:58:16 AM »
Reality Check! Modern Day football is now a chess game between 22 individuals. On any given day so called "under dog" teams  can cause huge upsets! Having  said that, it is  impossible to underestimate or dismiss any team from which ever footballing region.
     Going to  the World Cup   has come with a very hefty price tag. T&T is now a  very, very coveted SCALP. I am certain  that there are a host of ravenous teams willing to stake their claim.
 Our current FIFA ranking doesn't encourage my outlook either.
 Just imagine the comotion "IF" and I say so HYPOTHETICALLY if T&T slips up to one  of the region's lesser known teams? Result-BACCHANAL/CAHNAHVAL!!!!!!!!!
Only reason can convince us of those three fundamental truths without a recognition of which there can be no effective liberty: that what we believe is not necessarily true; that what we like is not necessarily good; and that all questions are open.
     ~CLIVE BELL{1881-1964}Civilization[1928]

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2006, 02:23:40 PM »
Don't know why this is a surprise. Jerome doing well in the PFL - Pollard was DOY a few years ago - remember Collie Hercules. Most of them are starters in the PFL - stands to reason that the National team will eventually get better. The next one is Bermuda.

Ah glad somebody have the  sense to see dat.

Gy's biggest proglem is a lack of money. Their two foreign TDs in the past, resigned becz of no financial support to execute the program.

Of course Guy. will be a MAJOR underdog vs. TT. BUT, have we forgotten, the past.

What if Whim leave, we get a shit Coach with shit tactics. What if we have injuries.

Most of Guy's team is based at home or in TT. They have a chance for better cohesion. They are finally getting some foreign based.

Clive Lloyd's son who plays Chamionship div. in Eng. is their new GK.

Guy does not have the structure of a TT. However, if they go after their foreign qualified and have some bad mind....they could embarass soembody.

IT HAPPENS.

If. St. Vincent could beat Mex. in a WC qualifier...........Guy cah beat we???

Continues to toot ur horn. This starting to sound like an RB Forum.

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

1]; } ?>