March 29, 2024, 12:46:19 AM

Author Topic: Our Womens Program should be Based in the US  (Read 3415 times)

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Our Womens Program should be Based in the US
« on: November 27, 2006, 11:55:30 AM »
We need to put our womens senior program in the US.

Many of the players are playing in Univesity or with minor league in the US already.

First thing we should hire an American coach from a top univesity looking for a step up.
Then for the top younger players in the TnT, get them a schol at a school all in the same region.

In the school off season get the players together regularly for camps and further devlopment.

Actively recruit children of expat who grow up playing ball in america,
have a canadian arm to catch any talent in Canada.

in 3 years we will be on par with Mexico and right behind America and Canada.

The cost will not be too much
Just the salary for the coach.
Travel Stipend once in a while, camps once in a while.

by using players from or living in the american system we will automatically get instantly better.

The environment in TnT cannot foster womens football, Mentally we are not there yet.

I remember 15 years ago they National womens team used to play my U 16 team practice games, they games were fairly competitive, most of the time we used to win   :rotfl: :rotfl:
Delia Desilver was one of the best players back then, she had a wicked left foot.

but the point is the womens team have no viable competition in tnt, They cannot play other womens teams because they will win easy, they cannot play against big men U20 and above because they will lose easy.

They have to play U16 boys teams to find some level of parity.

But U16 boys cannot prepare you for World Cup so in the end they end up just playing each other.

Without competition you cannot improve.

If the team was based in the US, There would be a million teams they could play from University to clubs etc etc, many of who would cut they arse.

End result instant improvement.

We have some of the individuals all we need is the team.
This will not happen unless we get everyone together on a regular basis in a competitive environment.

This is what Mexico did, A large % of Mexican players are mexican Americans who learned the game in America.
yes there are more Mexican in American to chose from
But we only need 11 for a football team.

With a careful well calculated plan we in the world cup for sure! we are not that far away.

mexico beat trinidad loss to America and beat Jamaica and they in the world cup easy easy.

We could surely lose to America and beat Jamaica as for beating Trinidad we could do that too because we is expert at beating we self.

Dry so Dry so we could be in the world cup.

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
  • Take pride in yuh side!! Vibes it Up!!!
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
Re: Our Womens Program should be Based in the US
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2006, 12:03:28 PM »
so how and when does the team train, being as the girls attend school all over the us?

Offline rippin

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2006, 12:42:25 PM »
 I think this an excellent  idea. They could train one weekend every two months if there is no competition upcoming. Or if pockets of the girls are in the same general region you could have training with the geographic groups a little more frequently. Only problem is I think  is that there is some underestimating of the cost.

What is a dcent salary for a coach for this team? $50-100 K I doh know.
How much would each of the camps cost?
What about  transportation costs?
How frequently are the ladies playing with their teams?
Do they play on weekends?
What is their availability like?

etc etc etc

Genius is one per cent inspiration, ninety-nine per cent perspiration. (Thomas A. Edison )

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2006, 01:16:51 PM »
Although i like the ideas floating around here we must try and understand no one idea is ever guaranteed to work,if you notice the teams that qualified have been working towards it for some time it just will not happen overnight.

This is another thought that i have,there are periods the year when schools/teams are out or have down times(Summer vacation/Christmas),why can't it be possible for us to have them all get together in T&T,train,play a couple internationals etc etc I find is like our players can't play a good game at home because everything is done outside so home becomes foreign to us(imagine T&T too hot for our players).   

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2006, 01:23:49 PM »
While flipping channels and periodically watching the US vs Canada womens gold cup final, something stuck out at me.

De commentator did say Christine Lilley was makin her 200th plus appearance fuh de USA

Den ah check de Canadians.  Sinclair have over 100 appearances fuh dem national team.  Timko, Hermus etc....not far behind or similar.

Dem women playin more games dan many mens senior teams.  I was frankly kinda shocked jes how much games womens teams like US, Canada etc does play.  Compare dat to we T&T senior mens team.  We lucky if we play 10 matches in a avearge year.  Dem women does at least double dat.

Amazing.  Where does the funding come from for that kind of preparation?  Especially  in a country like Canada where dem always complainin bout dem eh have no money.  It really get me to thinkin in trute.  Ah wonder where de priority in a country like Canada is when it comes to "soccer"?  De women like dem gettin more prep dan de men.

Now compare dat to we womens team who MAYBE...play wha....3 4 games MAXIMUM in a year?  No comparison whatsoever.

« Last Edit: November 27, 2006, 01:25:46 PM by palos »
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Baygo Boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2006, 01:27:17 PM »
Coop, a plan is in the works that will see the Princesses playing together from April to August in the WPSL starting 2008. The team will be based in NYC or PA - this is part of a larger plan to assist T&T women's football.

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2006, 01:35:29 PM »
baygo Goy
I just now put out the idea and man done copy it already?

Lord alyuh men aint easyat all

:o :o

Offline fatman

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2006, 01:39:01 PM »
 i hear all the ideas but i have not heard any one say anything about developing football in trinidad and tobago .this is my problem i love making world cuips but the thing is about developing the yuths in laventille moruga san juan caroni .i am hearing nothing about that but i am hearing about expats .this thinking worries me .no rather it angers me.

Offline Baygo Boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2006, 01:41:07 PM »
KND2 - The idea been around for about 18 months now. Glad to know that folks are begining to look for solutions.

Offline Cowen

• Hero Warrior
  • Conquer without risk is to triumph without Glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2006, 01:50:50 PM »
With the train of thought like this .....then it should also be proposed that the men's team be based in........ say Europe seeing that the majority of the team is foreign based.

The level of thinking although having some merit should not be encouraged. The development of the local football will be the one that suffers in the end. Then from where would our foreign based come from. Local based today is the foreignbased of tomorrow.

think about it  :beermug:

Attended Mad Mad University
Studied Madology
Obtained a Mad Mad Degree

Offline fatman

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2006, 01:53:36 PM »
i still say the solution lies at home i am not saying these schemes cannot work but i am insisting that the only true solution is to put systems at home .ten years ago jamaica sent their athletes to the us to develop after  high school their only 100 m champion has come now that she has developed a home grown elite system to complement her high school system.i  am sure we can have camps based in the us for convenience but our program should stress development of home grown!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!that is what we should stress if we cannot do it that way we should not do it at all .i have nephews and nieces in the us but sadly to say they are not true trinbagonians that is a reality.i have nothing against nationals who choose to live abroad but ,if they want to assist come and assist in developing things in trinidad and tobago or stay away and leave us in our quagmire.

Offline Baygo Boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2006, 02:03:34 PM »
The idea to base the T&T women's team in the USA  for a few months each year is in the best interest of the women's  program at this time - The main reason is that the majority of our players are in the US.

Also, the WPSL and the W-League are the 2 best women's league in CONCACAF, and 2 of the top four on Earth - our players would be able to play together for 4-5 months each year against some of the best players/teams around - something that won't happen in T&T.

This is the only realistic option at this time - until TTFF, or some other entity create a quality women's league, and program in country.

TrinInfinite

« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2006, 02:24:35 PM »
With the train of thought like this .....then it should also be proposed that the men's team be based in........ say Europe seeing that the majority of the team is foreign based.

The level of thinking although having some merit should not be encouraged. The development of the local football will be the one that suffers in the end. Then from where would our foreign based come from. Local based today is the foreignbased of tomorrow.

think about it :beermug:

forget europe, think south america, it will be more beneficial and less expensive for the federation... :beermug:

Offline CK1

• Sr. Warrior
  • Man of Faith and Integrity
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2006, 03:43:26 PM »
The idea to base the T&T women's team in the USA  for a few months each year is in the best interest of the women's  program at this time - The main reason is that the majority of our players are in the US.

Also, the WPSL and the W-League are the 2 best women's league in CONCACAF, and 2 of the top four on Earth - our players would be able to play together for 4-5 months each year against some of the best players/teams around - something that won't happen in T&T.

This is the only realistic option at this time - until TTFF, or some other entity create a quality women's league, and program in country.
I agree. Canada and Mexico have developed their programs by placing as many of their players in and around the US college environment. For the past three years Mexico has had their U-16/17 at an ODP Regional Camp where they train and play games agains some of the best American players, in addition, they also observe the American coaches in training.
This plan can definitely help our women's program. There are several expat coaches heavily involved in the ODP and National programs who can be of assistance to the Women's programs. Some of these coaches have access to great training facilities , equiptment and coaching expertise.
The ODP system , while not perfect has been quite effective in how the US has been able to develop their program. Our country is small enough for some of these elements to be implemented at home.
We need to convert netballers to become goalkeepers, and convert track athltes to play on the field if we want to develop the women's game at home.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2006, 04:05:26 PM by Tallman »
Jesus Christ...King of Kings and Lord of Lords!

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2006, 09:54:15 PM »
i hear all the ideas but i have not heard any one say anything about developing football in trinidad and tobago .this is my problem i love making world cuips but the thing is about developing the yuths in laventille moruga san juan caroni .i am hearing nothing about that but i am hearing about expats .this thinking worries me .no rather it angers me.

Sadly boy, fatman, I think most of us have given up hope on any of our locally based players (male and female) to be exposed to the kind of system and preparation necessary to compete on the world stage. ttff is not interested in doing the right thing, so, men on de forum just trying to come up with new ideas.  Doh vex with nobody here.  Vex with ttff.

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2006, 01:46:27 AM »

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Why not de SSFL, Pro league, Eddie Hart league also?

Why not play all our football in the US ?

Wimp already say Trinidad ent have players ready for internationals, so extend your idea to everybody else.

Why not change the government and apply for statehood.
Nutten in Trinidad good anyways.
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2006, 01:54:35 AM »
The first thing you'll have to ask ....does the TTFF really care about the women's game????? given the amount of money they pump into it you'll get a resounding NO....

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2006, 05:09:48 AM »
So KND, tell us how u used to rip up them girls on the field nah up in Trincity nah...

Good post though.

Offline ttcom

• Hero Warrior
  • us/trini/jamaican
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2006, 11:38:22 AM »
Why not take a local base and foreign team to a summer league in NYC. We could even mix the teams. ??? ???
Stupidity is an elemental force for which no earthquake is a match."
-Karl Kraus

Offline Baygo Boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2006, 06:06:36 PM »
i still say the solution lies at home i am not saying these schemes cannot work but i am insisting that the only true solution is to put systems at home .ten years ago jamaica sent their athletes to the us to develop after  high school their only 100 m champion has come now that she has developed a home grown elite system to complement her high school system.i  am sure we can have camps based in the us for convenience but our program should stress development of home grown!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!that is what we should stress if we cannot do it that way we should not do it at all .i have nephews and nieces in the us but sadly to say they are not true trinbagonians that is a reality.i have nothing against nationals who choose to live abroad but ,if they want to assist come and assist in developing things in trinidad and tobago or stay away and leave us in our quagmire.

Fatman, you are correct - Ideally the team should be home based, but with so many of our best players studying inthe US it's difficult to do so. But I agree that the Stakeholders in T&T women football should come together and design a meaningful structure for growth at home. This can be done by taking away women's football management from the TTFF - the key word is management, not administration.

Another way is by having a seperate entity run our women's football league.

And as a member of our of management of our WNT recently suggested to me - two in-country international tournaments per year.

As regards funding - seeing that the TTFF is unwilling to invest - then stakeholders should start a marketing company specifically for the women's program, and create events etc to raise awareness, and bankroll the program - of course for all this to happen, it will mean having to secure the rights from the federation, and that shouldn't be difficult.

truetrini

« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2006, 06:56:59 PM »
KND and a select few dat post here should be based at de LadyHochoy Home OR DE Princess elizabeth home oui.

steups.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2006, 06:59:10 PM by truetrini »

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 29, 2006, 10:41:31 AM »
True Trini like you recover from that "new-monia" in your backside.
looks like you come down with a serious case of oral "Dia Reah"

I done graduate from Lady Hochoy already man.

Check you falling self

truetrini

« Reply #22 on: November 29, 2006, 02:04:49 PM »
True Trini like you recover from that "new-monia" in your backside.
looks like you come down with a serious case of oral "Dia Reah"

I done graduate from Lady Hochoy already man.

Check you falling self

for ah man who buss he toe and break he ankle washing he car, yuh have real talks ;D

1]; } ?>