March 28, 2024, 04:52:51 PM

Author Topic: Win or Lose Brian Williams have to be replaced as U20 Coach  (Read 4227 times)

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Win or Lose Brian Williams have to be replaced as U20 Coach
« on: November 28, 2006, 01:10:31 PM »
No excuse for playing at home and coming behind St Kitts.

This cannot be acceptable, replace him and give someone else a chance.

The U20 is a key team for us for 2010, These are the men who will replace the old men on the senior side. We need a wining attitude to be instilled in these men and they must be developing.

Also if Wim cannot have a good showing in the Digicel Cup we seriously may need to look for a replacement.

As a nation Trinidad and Tobago must consistantly expect to beat fellow caribbean opposition even with mostly local players.
We are a world cup level squad we need to have this attitude and drive on to victory!

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Win or Lose Brian Williams have to be replaced as U20 Coach
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2006, 01:38:14 PM »

The U20 is a key team for us for 2010, These are the men who will replace the old men on the senior side. We need a wining attitude to be instilled in these men and they must be developing.

Also if Wim cannot have a good showing in the Digicel Cup we seriously may need to look for a replacement.

As a nation Trinidad and Tobago must consistantly expect to beat fellow caribbean opposition even with mostly local players.
We are a world cup level squad we need to have this attitude and drive on to victory!
       You might be right for wanting to replace Brian Williams as the Coach of our U20 team but the question must be asked who are we replaceing him with,any suggestions or ideas?
         Do you really believe we are World Cup level because we played in a WC finals,since the WC we are struggleing against everybody not only against Caribbean opposition,weather we have everybody or not,same Coach different Coach  it will not make a difference.
         The thing is we not learning,nothing have changed in our approach to this game,the same problems we always had we still having them,you all don't realize weather it's foreign or local Coaches they are all frustrated by the amateur way in which we do things,amateurs cannot survive in a professional world,we always waiting for things to happen before we react,it's the same way we play Football that have to change.        

Offline lickslikefire

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2006, 01:48:56 PM »
what i doh understand it's why people so quick to criticize......

does anyone know the circumstances Brian Williams got dealt with regarding the current U20 team:

e.g. what time frame did he have to prepare the players(i.e. when did he get hired), or how many practices was he allowed to have with dem before the 1st game etc etc (pfl club constraints).....

I sure more than half all yuh who calling for he head doh know de answers to de above question, and only bumping all yuh gum....

changing the coach is not always de answer...but always de easiest

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2006, 01:51:20 PM »

If yuh was to change the headline to "Win or Lose Oliver Camps & the current clueless TTFF regimee have to be replaced" I will more readily agree with you. T&T losing at home to St Kitts is not totally the coach's fault but yes he must accept some of the blame.

I am more in agreement with Coop's as our current problems won't be solved by simply changing the coach while the current incompetent TTFF regimee still remains in place.

All the best to our Young Warriors, show them RBz what soca football & playing like true warriors is all about!  ;)  :challenge:
« Last Edit: November 28, 2006, 01:54:13 PM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2006, 02:35:23 PM »
brian williams has been coaching that team for at least 2 years now in some way or another.

lack of preparation is not an excuse as a coach you have to have an idea of how much time you need to prepare a side.

if enough time was not given for preparations Williams should have advise the TTFF that the team cannot be made ready in allotted time with allotted resources and hence he should not have taken the job.

cannot blame adminstrations when coaches are not raising their voices.

Ultimately we are playing football on the field and the coach is the expert in terms of preparations,

The Coach need to tell the TTFF what he need and fight hard to get it else resign.

I seen that team play in October and they should be able to win a tournament at home no problem.
Obviously they did not have the corrent mentality to finish the job!

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2006, 03:03:34 PM »

You might be right for wanting to replace Brian Williams as the Coach of our U20 team but the question must be asked who are we replaceing him with,any suggestions or ideas?
         Do you really believe we are World Cup level because we played in a WC finals,since the WC we are struggleing against everybody not only against Caribbean opposition,weather we have everybody or not,same Coach different Coach  it will not make a difference.
         The thing is we not learning,nothing have changed in our approach to this game,the same problems we always had we still having them,you all don't realize weather it's foreign or local Coaches they are all frustrated by the amateur way in which we do things,amateurs cannot survive in a professional world,we always waiting for things to happen before we react,it's the same way we play Football that have to change.        

So what's your suggestion coops,because I see the same things you seeing and I'm equally frustrated,I believe we're resting on our laurels far to often with the glare of all becoming superstars before we take that first step,which is beating other opposition consistently and convincingly..........   

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
  • Take pride in yuh side!! Vibes it Up!!!
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2006, 03:27:28 PM »
brian williams has been coaching that team for at least 2 years now in some way or another.

lack of preparation is not an excuse as a coach you have to have an idea of how much time you need to prepare a side.

if enough time was not given for preparations Williams should have advise the TTFF that the team cannot be made ready in allotted time with allotted resources and hence he should not have taken the job.

Ultimately we are playing football on the field and the coach is the expert in terms of preparations,

The Coach need to tell the TTFF what he need and fight hard to get it else resign.

I seen that team play in October and they should be able to win a tournament at home no problem.
Obviously they did not have the corrent mentality to finish the job!

how he coaching the team 2 years now and the man say he was appointed only 6 weeks before the tournament start. With little time to fully prepare his team properly.
You telling me this current team been together training for the last two years??!
Just like a team needs time to gel and play together, a coach needs time to nuture his team, and i dont think one tournament is enough time, to say "right yuh loss, ride out" dat doh make sense

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2006, 03:29:40 PM »
Socapro, you are TOTALLY on the ball with that comment. I can almost guarantee that if Lincoln and other good company were to replace Ollie, Groden and "special advisor" Jackula then a whole different approach to our preparation would instantly manifest in bettrer results. Is a sytemic problem like a cancer. Needs radical surgery which will make us uncomfortable and sick for a while but better in the long run
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2006, 03:34:02 PM »
I was just telling myself this morning that Brian Williams growing on me.  I don't know who responsible for him getting things set up behind the scenes eg organise the Venezuelan team to come over and all that, but I am impressed by the fact that Brian Williams is doing something.  He is getting the guys together, training, practice matches.   To me that is what they paying the man for.  and I hope and pray that he (or someone else it doesn't really matter to me at the moment, but I think he should at least get hsi fair shake like whim) continue to keep these guys together training and improving for the next 5+ years...straight...consistently.  I feel if all the other coaches were doing the same, or continue to do this for all our national teams for the next 5+ years, we would reach another level in world football, and can then talk about being on par with the US and Mexico.

Offline RGarcia

• Forward To Mid-Field to Defense
  • Hero Warrior
  • Who Jah bless, no man curse!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2006, 04:26:22 PM »
i will say this now and again from since i was playimh it was teh same time thing. fuh one thing we do not practice together enough as a team together. only when something coming up they gather man and expect them to produce that is A##. we need to have a round the year schedule so that man is aquainted with eachother wirth that if yuh need to put in a man due to injury its alright but when yuh want to bring two man from de US ah man from here and there then it becaome a calaloo with no flavor. end ah story!!!!!!!!
All American

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2006, 04:45:06 PM »
The truth is we can't just keep kicking out our local coaches if they do a bad job ya know they need to get good training  they need to be sent on courses so they can be aware of the levels needed thats the problem our coaches are not experienced or exposed to good coaching techniques this is something that should be addressed at this level so it doesnt have to be addressed at a lower level this is a key moment when this should be addressed as well as a key personnel.

Offline Baygo Boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2006, 05:48:05 PM »
Ah cah understand why men always ready to get rid of we locals - even when they say they understand the football industry in T&T. Local coaches have to beg for everything they want - de federation never take we local coaches seriously - paying them inadequate $$ - giving a million reasons why dey cah spend $$$ on programs etc, etc, but
spending thousands on a foriegner who from all accounts haven't suggested , or done anything different from  pass local head coaches.

How on earth are our coaches to improve if we are not willing to give them genuine chances, and provide them with the tools to succeed. It seems like we expect more form our locals then we should expect from the highly paid foreigner, or for a little propoganda "the white man".

OUR country's football, and several glory moments have been spearheaded by local coaches:

Defence Force - CONCACAF CUP successes
Our Gold CUP successes
U-17 Youth WC Finals
CFU successes etc, etc.

We have witnessed how de locals have raised their approach to the game over the years, and have provided our national teams with quality players, and continue to do so - all this while having to deal with the federatons' incompetence, and disrespect over the years. Our locals are getting better (all things considered). Our local footbal depends on our local coaches. If we say we love we football then we will give de locals a fair chance.

Offline sjahrain

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2006, 06:13:53 PM »
We have a part time mentality,when it comes to sport,our focus only comes to the front when its the season,so maybe 6 weeks before the season begind we start training,in the world of compitition,you have already lost,because your compitition has been on the ball all along
He who fails to prepare has already prepared to fail
A tournament is coming up 2 or 3 week before it kicks of we are trying to assemble a team,that is madness
As long as I have been following this game its the same old story,Trini just in love with the last minute approach and that begins with the admistration,as they are who make it possible for the coach to go out there and do his stuff,Brian get this team just weeks before the qualifications begin,I am not aware of any friendlies were played ahead of such an important tournament,we like it so cause nothing has changed,just like how can cannot change that long ball syndrome,no matter who the coach is
Fitness and chemistry are maybe the two most critical aspect of any team sport and neither comes overnight,Coops can vouch for this as thats two reasons why Defence Force was ass kickers in his time,especially when Champion was thier trainer.
You can have the most gifted group of players and they lack chemistry,its not going to work and that can only be achieved by playing along side your mates over a period of time and not 4 and 5 weeks

So dont knock Brian he is doing the best he can with the time made available to him

When the leaders are without a vision the people perish

Its  time for a revolt ...Overthrow the TTFF....the yesmen preventing progress,because they have no ideas of thier own

If one wants authority then you must also want to accept responsibality

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2006, 06:21:33 PM »

KND2 ah feel yuh dey meh boi, but ah doh agree wid getting rid of people wid good potential, what dey need tuh do is demote him. I was real pissed off and frustrated , wid Brian for dat tornament also. Ah said it before, he is not ready for dat position as de head coach as yet. Ah know de breddah, he has ah good heart, potential and of course coaching foundation. Yuh cannot just dash way local coaches dat have ah chance of being successful one day, you would be sending a bad signal to the youths  behind him. My suggestion is for a period of time, let Brian work wid ah top class coach like Beenie, may be Wim or who ever is in our mix, it must be someone dat know his shit, den give him de head coaching job, tuh see what he got. It is like Anton Corneal, he is being groomed de right way, he has a coaching foundation, he has worked wid Beenie and now Wim. If he get his chance tuh be de head coach, he cannot have any excuse, cuz he was given all de tolls tuh be ah successful coach. MY thing is dat, they need tuh groom Brian, like how dey grooming Corneal, keep Brian in de mix. Bless.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2006, 07:06:48 PM by SUPA »
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Money doh change we, we are de money changer. But fool if yuh dis, it will surely be danger. Large up de Enterprise and Alliance every time. KROSS KROSS.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2006, 06:26:48 PM »

First of all during our last qualifying campaign Brian was the Assistant Coach and Anton was de head coach. Prior to the recent tournament in October, the last time the U-20 team was in action was January 2005; nothing was done with that age group until mid September 2006. As far as I can recall, only 2 of the present players (Abu Bakr and Keon Daniel) were on the last team. So as you can see there has not been any continuity. This is a team built from scratch. So here we have a coach who had six weeks or less to find players, pick a team and get them prepared for a tournament, whilst the competition had been firing on all cylinders. The Dominican Republic had 11 International Friendlies and the St. Kitts team were together for a year and a half and even did a tour of Brazil during that time. Our U-20 team trained once a week because of having to work around Pro League and SSFL schedules. Their warm-up games included a scrimmage against the Senior Team and one or two Pro League clubs. There is a big difference between a TEAM and a SIDE; what we have/had is/was a side. The issue of coaching hasn't even really begun to creep into the mix.

While lack of preparation is not always an excuse, it is a valid reason. If it wasn't, then this forum would not be littered with posts crying out for more games and time for teams to gel.

By this reasoning, then few if any would take our national coaching jobs. By the same token, I guess players should not bother to play because of the sub-par conditions that are provided.

We always complain about playing musical chairs with the coaching positions, but this is exactly what you are advocating. In any job, there must be a well defined criteria for success/failure. Yuh cyar jes ketch ah vaps and say dat because we eh beat ah team dat we "should" always beat, dat de coach should lorse he wuk. Dat would be too superficial and irrational. Now if de man had leh we say ah year in charge or de team was already together for some time and he take over de wuk, and den he buss, den maybe we could say it eh working out, but ah tink yuh being ah bit hasty. If yuh want tuh talk about de administration, who in some cases have had 30 years or more to get things right, den dat is a completely different matter  :devil:
« Last Edit: November 28, 2006, 06:37:09 PM by Tallman »
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

truetrini

« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2006, 06:55:06 PM »
KND need ah bush bath den he need to go tuh Slyvan learning center and see if he could impove he grades.

He get ah constant "A" fuh shit talk doh...and ah B+ for amusement value.  steups.

The real problem was dat de TTFF executive failed to appoint coaches to lead the youth teams and den at de las minute drop de wuk on Williams who accepted it like ah true trooper and patriot.

As fuh de Wim factor, he need to buckle down and start doing he wuk..or go tuh hell hack to de nether regions.

ASAP!

Offline trinbago

• Hero Warrior
  • Warrior For Life !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2006, 07:26:38 PM »
Wasn't this the same story with the senior team prior to the WC and Beenie coming on board....that the team had some skill but did not play as a unit.....

The ting is our past national teams and even the core-group that played for the WC qualifiers were playing together for some time before Beenie BUT were still not playing as a unit......THE KEY WAS THE COACHing!! 
Don't get me wrong...I am not saying fire B. Williams....I am saying he needs greater input from Wim and the other (dutch) assistants for playing better team ball.
Warrior For Life !!

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2006, 09:35:59 PM »
I thought for the past two years he was coaching petrotrin in th ePro League. Sport is not seen as a jobbbbbbbbbbb. It is a part time job. So what all yuh Brian to do. I will always have a soft spot for Brian Williams as on Nov 19 1989 he alone showed up.

If replacing him would help I will say sure but me eh feel so
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline zuluwarrior

• Hero Warrior
  • use your tongue to count your teeth
    • View Profile
    • http://pointalive.com
« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2006, 10:54:06 PM »
Gentlemen ,preparation, preparation,preparation, is the key ,we are not preparing the youths for the future and this is a darm shame. for example look at the preparation for the women soccer team was it the coach ? or was it the players ? i personally feel that if they went around t&t that they would find better players forthe under 20 team /side as tall man said . we do not have to look far to see the real problem.TTFF we have to move them out, because these blood suckers do not have T&T neither the players at heart.does any body know when is the next ttff election so that we as socawarriors supporters can start from now putting things in place to move these crack heads out.please let us find out when is the next election. i dint think we should worry about jack he is about to self distruct.
good things happening to good people: a good thing
good things happening to bad people: a bad thing
bad things happening to good people: a bad thing
bad things happening to bad people: a good thing

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2006, 06:10:23 AM »
Wasn't this the same story with the senior team prior to the WC and Beenie coming on board....that the team had some skill but did not play as a unit.....

The ting is our past national teams and even the core-group that played for the WC qualifiers were playing together for some time before Beenie BUT were still not playing as a unit......THE KEY WAS THE COACHing!! 
Don't get me wrong...I am not saying fire B. Williams....I am saying he needs greater input from Wim and the other (dutch) assistants for playing better team ball.

I eh tink allyuh following meh. In this instance, there was NO prior team. It didn't have no group of fellas who was previously playing together.

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 29, 2006, 07:03:44 AM »
If yuh want tuh talk about de administration, who in some cases have had 30 years or more to get things right, den dat is a completely different matter  :devil:
aye aye Tallman, look like is You firing on all cylinders  ;)
very good point that people in TnT have to realise and find a way to change.
de same administration that sold us out in Haiti people.
and believe me is a damn long time to grind oui :(
« Last Edit: November 29, 2006, 07:07:51 AM by RedHowler »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
« Reply #21 on: November 29, 2006, 07:51:01 AM »
is it just me or does KND start he post, but dont came back and defend his position, when he start to get lash and opposing views?

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 29, 2006, 09:33:29 AM »
i dont need to defend my position to start anymore arguments.
I state my position and let other people state their's

The only thing I will say is that even if corneal was head coach and williams was assistant then I still consider him to be "involved"

I saw Williams personally coaching a national Youth team about 4 years ago and I know he has been involved in one way or another since then.

yes teams will get disbanded and new players will come and go.

But as a coach you pick your players and you pick the reparations.

Win and corneal is also involved with this team because I see them first hand in October coaching the team.

We always have excuses like 6 weeks is not enough etc etc

But time for excuse is done.

As a coach your job is to prepare the team and if the administration does not know it takes more than 6 weeks to prepare a team then one primary function of a coach is to let the adminstration know.

brian Williams has been involved in TnT youth football  national team for the last few years and if he has not advised on the lenght of time to prepare a team then he needs to be fired.

He has the Ultimate Responsibility
He is the head Coach.

I am not saying drop him, totally, just let him know he is responsible by a lil demotion.

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 29, 2006, 09:45:48 AM »
As a Coach myself you all may find i'm a bit sympathetic towards Coaches weather they are right or wrong,having said that we have to understand when a Coach is offered a job it's an opportunity for him/her to elevate themselves,for some especially the locals it's financial,this is something you can't really just walk away from weather you feel you can do it or not,no one can forcast what will happen after they gets the job.

One of the negatives about being a Coach in T&T is that people wants instant results,i don't think our Coaches are given a fair chance,the foreigners are given 2,3,4 year contracts what kind of contracts do the locals get but we want the same results,what's the lifespan of a Coach in T&T check our history in some cases just months,they are grabing straws because any minuite you don't have a job,if you look at the clubs/schools that doing well in T&T it's those that have the same Coach over a period of time.

Money talks and bullshit walks,while i agree our Coaches need to improve fireing or getting rid of them will not make us better,our problem is not only Coaches it's players too,the Football mentality all around has to change,you can't put your finger on any one thing and expect us to have quality teams,i've always said from day one i'm an advocate for local Football going foreign will create more problems for us,we must strenghten what we have at home in order for T&T Football to be a success.

By the way guys i really do appreciate the many views/ideas being put forward here and the atmosphere it's done in,keep it constructive.      

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 29, 2006, 10:36:18 AM »
That you Coops for making my point.

Everybody in TnT Football local base will take the TTFF job no matter the circumstances and situation.

Hence it is not about football but rather a paycheck.

If you is a coach and time after time youth teams in TnT not prepared who we should blame?

As soon as you put personal livelihood over professionalism we done start to lose!

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 29, 2006, 11:17:36 AM »
Everybody in TnT Football local base will take the TTFF job no matter the circumstances and situation.

If you is a coach and time after time youth teams in TnT not prepared who we should blame?

As soon as you put personal livelihood over professionalism we done start to lose!

There is something called patriotism and trying to do a job against all odds. In your opinion, should the women's team have refused to play when they found out that they were going in to the Gold Cup without any sort of preparation?

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 29, 2006, 11:44:42 AM »
With the present way the youth teams are run by the TTFF it is unrealistic to expect results. Which in truth is secondary for youth teams in any case. Brian, Anton or who ever should be looking to give the players a solid foundation into the introduction of the National Team  set up, CONCACAF and some playing, travelling, and International play experience. Make sure the best players are getting the above and wait for their maturity towards the senior squad.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 29, 2006, 12:09:19 PM »
I would have said the womens team should have stayed home. If in truth they had not even had one game together as a team before that one then what is the point.

Or on the flip side even after we lose to Mexico we could have least stayed in camp and played a few games for experience agains some US college or something.

at least then we could say it is not a waste.

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
« Reply #28 on: November 29, 2006, 01:39:26 PM »
That you Coops for making my point.

ahhhmm where exactly did Coops make your point?

As a Coach myself you all may find i'm a bit sympathetic towards Coaches weather they are right or wrong,having said that we have to understand when a Coach is offered a job it's an opportunity for him/her to elevate themselves,for some especially the locals it's financial,this is something you can't really just walk away from weather you feel you can do it or not,no one can forcast what will happen after they gets the job.

One of the negatives about being a Coach in T&T is that people wants instant results,i don't think our Coaches are given a fair chance,the foreigners are given 2,3,4 year contracts what kind of contracts do the locals get but we want the same results,what's the lifespan of a Coach in T&T check our history in some cases just months,they are grabing straws because any minuite you don't have a job,if you look at the clubs/schools that doing well in T&T it's those that have the same Coach over a period of time.

Money talks and bullshit walks,while i agree our Coaches need to improve fireing or getting rid of them will not make us better,our problem is not only Coaches it's players too,the Football mentality all around has to change,you can't put your finger on any one thing and expect us to have quality teams,i've always said from day one i'm an advocate for local Football going foreign will create more problems for us,we must strenghten what we have at home in order for T&T Football to be a success.

By the way guys i really do appreciate the many views/ideas being put forward here and the atmosphere it's done in,keep it constructive.     

1]; } ?>