April 26, 2024, 12:29:44 AM

Author Topic: Think this guy would ever play on a TNT team...  (Read 5649 times)

Offline MATADOR

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
Think this guy would ever play on a TNT team...
« on: December 01, 2006, 09:44:48 AM »
Not going to call names, but at the recently conducted tryouts in Charleston SC one of the players were asked by one of the coaches to play an outside midfield position with the instruction of utalizing the full width of the field.
Within fifteen minutes of the game this particular player walked up to the coach and said for all even Wim to hear in his own words,"Coach I cyar play out dey, I need to be more involved put meh somewhey else like in the middle".

My question is simple, do you see anything wrong with this, and if so can you see this player ever being on a National team??

PS: The players were informed that one of the purpose of the drill was to see if simple instructions/directions can be carried out and of course in what manner and with what result.

Offline samo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Think this guy would ever play on a TNT team...
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2006, 09:56:35 AM »
I would never say neva, but he has to change his attitude...

Offline fatman

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2006, 09:57:45 AM »
 even if they were not informed of the purpose of the drill the player has made a big mistake ,i would not go so far as to say he will not play for trinbago again, but certainly he ha sshown his coaches 1. he is not versatile (AT LEAST IN HIS THINKING) 2. He cannot be counted on to carry out instructions on the field 3.he has poor sense of judgement when it comes to raising a problem with the coach 4. he will not be prepared to sacrifice his game for a team victory.5 he may lack cofidence in his ability,6. he may not have  heart and fighting spirit if things go aganst him.i once read an article about the things american  grid iron football coaches look for in selecting players this player would struggle to make the grade.i however i willl never write off a young player

Offline RGarcia

• Forward To Mid-Field to Defense
  • Hero Warrior
  • Who Jah bless, no man curse!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2006, 10:24:04 AM »
hear this cause i think it all have to do with just playing where the coach tells you where to play.i used to play for the a team(national team) as a forward all my life i have earned all my glory in my short football carrer there. when i moved to the US the coach put me in the mid-field. i played there for 4 years both club and school had achievements there,. now i am in college for two years first year i played right mid-field now i am  is ah outside right defender where i have been successful in my second season. so what playing in another position have to do with anything. just my take on how you have to be discipline and DO WHAT THE COACH ASK YOU TO DO ! ;D ;)l
All American

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2006, 10:26:27 AM »
allya see dat
is de thinking in good ole TnT dat HAVE to change with de proper coaching of course
i real like the dutch way
play in as many different positions as possible
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline superoli

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2006, 10:34:55 AM »
like agouti look back ?
Superoli for President of TTFF
I have one promise...........
A professional organization for professional players

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2006, 10:53:30 AM »
BYE....SEE YUH ! GET BACK TO YUH SHORTLY  :'(

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2006, 11:16:46 AM »
The only people who doh change their mines are dead people and fools. That being said Wim not suppose to black list him and the player needs an attitude transplant.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2006, 11:16:58 AM »
He could but that attitude has to change,as a player i've played every position in Football at some time(Premier level),in cases to facilitate a deficiency the team had couple times was when we played short,it was what the coach requested,my policy was i rather play where they put me than sit on the Bench or stay off the team,the only place you will have a fight with me is Goal Keeping i know my limits,the best thing players can do today is just play that is what talks for you.

Offline trinbago

• Hero Warrior
  • Warrior For Life !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2006, 11:38:45 AM »
One comment: he still young and immature...so he might have time to fix it
Warrior For Life !!

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
  • Take pride in yuh side!! Vibes it Up!!!
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2006, 01:09:29 PM »
He should not have said that to the coach, but depending on his age, his skill level and his attitude when addessing the coach will determine if he is looked at again.
Its not neccessarily a bad request, because I am sure Gerrard has requested that Rafa put him back in the middle of the field instead of out wide.  And we all knwo Gerrard is much more effective in the middle where he can make his mark on the game.
But I digress, coach send you out wide, play out wide so he can see what you can do out there. Coach give you an instruction just follow it.  There will be another time and place to speak to the coach bout being out wide.

Offline Cowen

• Hero Warrior
  • Conquer without risk is to triumph without Glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2006, 01:19:25 PM »
That attitude way off. Making a comment like shows that the younster not professional enough to the team and the sport........ look no futher than Liverpool. Where Benitez have Gerrard playing ....and everybody in England kno where Gerrard wants to play.

If the coach say play on the right .....just play.

:beermug:
Attended Mad Mad University
Studied Madology
Obtained a Mad Mad Degree

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2006, 01:39:24 PM »
I read a few guys comments, and thankfully i am not the or a coach. When I say Bye, I mean bye. This fella trying out for T&T, meaning he not even on OUR 'map' yet, farless the World a la a 'Gerrad'..We have people who right now known, present and accounted for, and have been giving there all, some ah dem not even in where they would like, or accustom...26/27 man trying out for possibly 2/3 places, which one will get the exact position he want ? most would not even get bench..farless get to play where they want, and meh boy telling the coach, where the coach needs him...not even Latas coulda do dat...
so we look at attitude change, who working with that, we have ah whole establish program right now the coach an staff tryin to change, and it may take many years and still may never happen, and that program will possibly wait for one individual.....nah...Football is ah team sport, and after one will be 2....so ah guess all the other trialist get the exact position dem wanted to shine in ? bet some but not all....buh say what, meh boy wha play whey he go look good, well everybody else...if he needs counselling and could manage to get another looksee, if anyone here is the man friend allyuh better, hire ah personal pysch. now, cause ah doh think no program will be waiting for him

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2006, 01:58:51 PM »
I read a few guys comments, and thankfully i am not the or a coach. When I say Bye, I mean bye. This fella trying out for T&T, meaning he not even on OUR 'map' yet, farless the World a la a 'Gerrad'..We have people who right now known, present and accounted for, and have been giving there all, some ah dem not even in where they would like, or accustom...26/27 man trying out for possibly 2/3 places, which one will get the exact position he want ? most would not even get bench..farless get to play where they want, and meh boy telling the coach, where the coach needs him...not even Latas coulda do dat...
so we look at attitude change, who working with that, we have ah whole establish program right now the coach an staff tryin to change, and it may take many years and still may never happen, and that program will possibly wait for one individual.....nah...Football is ah team sport, and after one will be 2....so ah guess all the other trialist get the exact position dem wanted to shine in ? bet some but not all....buh say what, meh boy wha play whey he go look good, well everybody else...if he needs counselling and could manage to get another looksee, if anyone here is the man friend allyuh better, hire ah personal pysch. now, cause ah doh think no program will be waiting for him

One word comes to mind without all the above points "SHITHOUND"
Two more words that follow on the heels of the first "DROP HE!"

Offline RGarcia

• Forward To Mid-Field to Defense
  • Hero Warrior
  • Who Jah bless, no man curse!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2006, 03:41:30 PM »
was dah man HARDEST :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
All American

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2006, 03:48:44 PM »

One word comes to mind without all the above points "SHITHOUND"
Two more words that follow on the heels of the first "DROP HE!"

Just to politely fine tune your point, padnah, A man could only get "drop" after he has been "picked".  When you "trying out" to get "picked", you better hush yuh arse and follow instructions.  All he coulda get from whence he made his instructions was directions to the exit.   Even if the coach tell the keepers to play in defence for an exercise, he probably has a reason for it and they better do it.  Hopefully, this fella was taught the proper protocol.....and was wise enought to be receptive to it.

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline Eh!

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2006, 04:29:50 PM »
Ent!  Too right.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2006, 04:41:43 PM »
It eh Hardest but he fraternal twin
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline College

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2006, 10:17:58 PM »
a true case of "spot a trini" if ah ever see one. ::) ::)

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2006, 10:34:27 PM »
One comment: he still young and immature...so he might have time to fix it
very positive look on tings
post of the day
geh he some serious coaching and talking to and he go be good next time ;)
we all cant be like Austin and Discard people when they do something different.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2006, 10:47:53 PM by RedHowler »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2006, 10:36:50 AM »
de coach is an ass for playing de man out of position and should get axed
this player demonstrates supreme confidence, an unwillingness to settle for the status quo and a strong desire to enforce positive changes for the betterment of his team and country.  He should be the Soca Warriors next captain.

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2006, 10:47:06 AM »
this player demonstrates supreme confidence, an unwillingness to settle for the status quo and a strong desire to enforce positive changes for the betterment of his team and country.  He should be the Soca Warriors next captain.
       That's one way of looking at it and you could be right but if that Coach has players that establish in that particular position,as a Coach what are you looking for,normally i think you will look for players to fill positions where you have problems,if a player insist on where is best for him to play he will have problems with Coaches especially in today's game.

TrinInfinite

« Reply #22 on: December 02, 2006, 11:01:05 AM »
this player demonstrates supreme confidence, an unwillingness to settle for the status quo and a strong desire to enforce positive changes for the betterment of his team and country. He should be the Soca Warriors next captain.

you have to be one of the most sarcastic men on this site ;D if not the most...

Offline Benjie

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2006, 10:11:14 AM »
In the players defence from the account he attempted to play the position. He did not say that he couldn't he actually tried but felt uncomfortable doing it. That for me is to his benefit. Of course he could have stated it in a better manner but it is his right as a player to show himself in what he considers his best position. If he was struggling he had to feel frustrated and felt that he was doing a disadvantage both to himself and the team.
I remember reading an article about Andrew Johnson playing for England. Even though he was the highest scoring English man the coaches  for England persist in playing himas a right forward and as a result he has never reproduced his form. Is it right? Should he continue to let himself be sidelined because a coach thinks he can play there rather than his best position?

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 03, 2006, 11:11:26 AM »
In the players defence from the account he attempted to play the position. He did not say that he couldn't he actually tried but felt uncomfortable doing it. That for me is to his benefit. Of course he could have stated it in a better manner but it is his right as a player to show himself in what he considers his best position. If he was struggling he had to feel frustrated and felt that he was doing a disadvantage both to himself and the team.
I remember reading an article about Andrew Johnson playing for England. Even though he was the highest scoring English man the coaches  for England persist in playing himas a right forward and as a result he has never reproduced his form. Is it right? Should he continue to let himself be sidelined because a coach thinks he can play there rather than his best position?

Maybe Andrew Johnson can dare to tell a coach (if he so chooses) because he has already established himself as a professional and his achievements may give him the kind of leeway, given the dynamics of his particular football world, that a college player in the US trying out for T&T doesn't have.  I think thart there may be a harsh reality of "knowing one's place" that the player wasn't showing to have learned up to that point that maybe some of us feel has hurt our football from time to time.  I digress, that on a larger scale of the development of our sport, the administration has a responsibility to do right by our players by teaching them and ensuring they have a place for and system of their development and the players have a responsibility, too (to themselves if nobody else) to put your head down, work hard and open your eyes and ears and learn something before you start telling the teacher how to teach you. 

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 03, 2006, 01:55:19 PM »
The best thing a young player in his position could have done would be to give it is all in the position, and then afterwards have a quiet talk with the coach and tell him that playing out wide was a good experience for him. It was something new and he felt like he was a little out of sorts, but with a little practice he is sure he can improve. He should then mention that he is most comfortable playing in a central midfield role, but understands that he will play where the team needs him. Tell the coach 'thanks', and walk away...

I think that way he would show that he is a team player, disciplined, willing to learn and cognizant of his strengths & weaknesses, while at the same time mentioning where he wish he could get a chance. I dunno, my 2 cents on that. Youth will hopefully learn.

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 03, 2006, 03:58:38 PM »
Discipline is ah must, dis individual does not display much of dat in dis situation. He may be ah disciplined player, but just made ah stupid mistake in dat situation, so ah cah judge de youth. I think if he has what it takes on de pitch, he may be given ah chance to play. Some coaches are stronger dan others, when it comes to discipline on ah team. If I was de coach, he wud surely be disciplined. We all make mistakes in life, especially at dat age, so I will give him ah chance, as long as I see something in him, dat can help make de team ah better one. In life, yuh have tuh make certain sacrifices, tuh reach your goals, even it means playing out of your desired position. I played and still play out of position sometimes, but as another member said, so long as ah not on de bench, any way except goalkeeping, cuz ah wud surely get ah dozen goals  ;D Bless.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2006, 04:11:25 PM by SUPA »
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Money doh change we, we are de money changer. But fool if yuh dis, it will surely be danger. Large up de Enterprise and Alliance every time. KROSS KROSS.

Offline Salim02

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 03, 2006, 07:29:57 PM »
Hey, give me a chance, I will play anywhere for you.  That is the wrong attitude. The coach is the coach and I am a player.

Offline MATADOR

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 03, 2006, 09:14:06 PM »

Have you ever tried out for any sporting position at any level?? Your response indicates that you may have been the young man who supposedly is a footballer but cannot hold down a particular position and even worst yet a simple directive from the coach.
The only ass I see is you from your post, now don't make yourself look like a bigger ASS by posting without giving it some thought.
In closing I suggest you go buy a book named,"soccer for COMPLETE idiots" and after reading it we will continue this conversation.

PS: Hopefully you can read. 

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 03, 2006, 09:52:35 PM »

Have you ever tried out for any sporting position at any level?? Your response indicates that you may have been the young man who supposedly is a footballer but cannot hold down a particular position and even worst yet a simple directive from the coach.
The only ass I see is you from your post, now don't make yourself look like a bigger ASS by posting without giving it some thought.
In closing I suggest you go buy a book named,"soccer for COMPLETE idiots" and after reading it we will continue this conversation.

PS: Hopefully you can read. 

Matador, ah doh think arrow was serious, ah read past posts from arrow, and he doh come off like dat. Ah think he joking, and he catch yuh wid dat one, if he is serious, well I'm very surprised. Bless.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2006, 01:26:20 PM by SUPA »
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Money doh change we, we are de money changer. But fool if yuh dis, it will surely be danger. Large up de Enterprise and Alliance every time. KROSS KROSS.

1]; } ?>