April 26, 2024, 05:59:46 AM

Author Topic: T&T U20S FACE JAMAICA IN 1ST LEG AT HARBOUR VIEW  (Read 33659 times)

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
T&T U20S FACE JAMAICA IN 1ST LEG AT HARBOUR VIEW
« on: December 01, 2006, 07:53:29 AM »
T&T Under-20s jammin for Jamaica
Ian Prescott

Friday, December 1st 2006

Trinidad and Tobago need to match the physical presence expected from Jamaica's under-20 footballers when they contest the first leg of the Caribbean Zone Under-20 playoff on Sunday in Jamaica, said Anton Corneal.

The young Trinidad and Tobago footballers leave today for Jamaica, before playing the return leg here next Wednesday.

Corneal, assistant coach with T&T's senior national team, is working with under-20 coach Brian Williams for the two-leg qualifying series.

Yesterday, Corneal said he expected Trinidad and Tobago to face a physical onslaught from Jamaica, but he believes the T&T under-20s have developed enough to see off their opponents since finishing second to St Kitts-Nevis in their qualifying group a month ago.

"We know Jamaica will be physical. We have to be able to step up right away and not be intimidated. Once we do that, I believe that we have enough talent in the team to do well against them."

Corneal also felt that two recent matches with Venezuela have helped Trinidad and Tobago by giving them a taste of the physical intimidation they will face on Sunday.

Corneal is always favourable about playing Venezuela as he think the South Americans try to win every match they play.

"Venezuela gave us a great physical presence. It was not a friendly. Venezuela gave us a real game and that is why it is important to play teams like them. They don't like to lose, and in those games you also get the extra off-the-ball things you expect in a real competition," he pointed out.

Corneal also said Venezuela showed up some of the flaws in the team and that the national under-20 coaching staff have had to look at certain areas, including the defence.

"We realise we need to be sharp all game and we can't afford to make blunders because we will be punished," he said.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
Re: T&T Under-20s jammin for Jamaica
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2006, 08:17:16 AM »
Tman! Why do your coaches think Jamaica has the same weaknesses as Venezuela?  I did not know our REGGAE BOYZ played the same style as them.

Your Young Warriors should just come jam fi true after the 3-0 whipping from our YOUNG REGGAE BOYZ even without any preparation.  ;D ;D
jjbrown

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2006, 08:21:50 AM »
Tman! Why do your coaches think Jamaica has the same weaknesses as Venezuela?  I did not know our REGGAE BOYZ played the same style as them.

Your Young Warriors should just come jam fi true after the 3-0 whipping from our YOUNG REGGAE BOYZ even without any preparation.  ;D ;D

he neva said jamaica has the same weakness as venezuela!!  yeah i notice yuh making up an excuse blame boxhill no preperation when you all lorse
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2006, 08:31:29 AM »
Comprehension jamaican.

No mention is made in that article is about Jamaica's weaknesses.

I expect a 1-0 win for T&T.

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2006, 08:37:58 AM »

he neva said jamaica has the same weakness as venezuela!!  yeah i notice yuh making up an excuse blame boxhill no preperation when you all lorse

No excuse. You read the papers. Have you seen any warm-up match or result for the YOUNG BOYZ since they return from  Haiti in any newspaper. If you happen to have read Boxhill's manifesto before he won the Big Chair in the JFF. You would see why I'm still upset after two years. Even with his bald head no positive thought seem to be sprinkling in.  :rotfl: :rotfl:  
jjbrown

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2006, 08:43:28 AM »

No excuse. You read the papers. Have you seen any warm-up match or result for the YOUNG BOYZ since they return from  Haiti in any newspaper. If you happen to have read Boxhill's manifesto before he won the Big Chair in the JFF. You would see why I'm still upset after two years. Even with his bald head no positive thought seem to be sprinkling in.  :rotfl: :rotfl:  

exactly yuh tal;king big now know they would lorse so when they lorse is yeah if we had prepared we would have won....

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2006, 08:50:11 AM »
Comprehension jamaican.

Since T&T won't be playing Venezuela again ( I suspect) anytime soon. I was probably reading too much into that statement. However your coach pointed out that the game was not a friendly and the physical play of the young Venezuelians gave the Young Warriors an indication of the physical intimidation they would face on Sunday against the YOUNG BOYZ.

Maybe that was the indicator for me.  
jjbrown

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2006, 09:43:04 AM »
Comprehension jamaican.

Since T&T won't be playing Venezuela again ( I suspect) anytime soon. I was probably reading too much into that statement. However your coach pointed out that the game was not a friendly and the physical play of the young Venezuelians gave the Young Warriors an indication of the physical intimidation they would face on Sunday against the YOUNG BOYZ.

what phsical indimidation he talking about

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2006, 09:45:45 AM »
It is obvious that the man have a hunderstanding problem.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2006, 10:03:02 AM »
Comprehension jamaican.

what phsical indimidation he talking about
That is what I would like to know.

Your coach words:"We know Jamaica will be physical. We have to be able to step up right away and not be intimidated. Once we do that, I believe that we have enough talent in the team to do well against them."

Corneal also felt that two recent matches with Venezuela have helped Trinidad and Tobago by giving them a taste of the physical intimidation they will face on Sunday.

If your Young Warriors decide to make it physical then ....... ???
jjbrown

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2006, 10:04:51 AM »
It is obvious that the man have a hunderstanding problem.
It is obvious your name suits you. Get some rest.  :rotfl:
jjbrown

Offline Toussaint

• Hero Warrior
  • ...l'arbre de la liberte des noirs.
    • View Profile
    • Haiti Spors
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2006, 10:05:35 AM »

jam2099, I am not taking side but I am kinda sick with you saying all the time boxhill this, boxhill that, team not prepared... Maybe your team should stay out of the sport named 'football'. Jamaica is Jamaica no matter what Jamaicans your officials choose to represent the country. If your officials choose to send your team unprepared to a tournament that's really your problem. You should not try to take anything away from your opponents. Just remember it's a combination of weaknesses and strenght that make a team's level in football. In your case, poor organization is just one of your weaknesses.
...l'arbre de la liberte des noirs.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2006, 10:06:10 AM »
U  need to give the sw site a rest and go home to the boyz site
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2006, 10:27:13 AM »

jam2099, I am not taking side but I am kinda sick with you saying all the time boxhill this, boxhill that, team not prepared... Maybe your team should stay out of the sport named 'football'. Jamaica is Jamaica no matter what Jamaicans your officials choose to represent the country. If your officials choose to send your team unprepared to a tournament that's really your problem. You should not try to take anything away from your opponents. Just remember it's a combination of weaknesses and strenght that make a team's level in football. In your case, poor organization is just one of your weaknesses.
Toussaint! You are such an hypocrite. I have read posts from you in the past after Haiti has lost a  match spouting the same thing.

At least I keep pointing out all this before the  YOUNG REGGAE BOYZ play a match. I did the same with the REGGAE GIRLZ over at the RBSC pointing out that it was MOTHERS PATTIES, BEENIE MAN and other entertainers that gave financial support to the GIRLZ and not the JFF. Boxhill's excuse is always "There's no money in the coffers of the JFF. My response: Resign graciously while there is still time.

Who sponsored Haiti during the 2006 World Cup qualifiers. Remind me?   
jjbrown

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2006, 10:29:27 AM »
oh a psoter on the next side say that omar persad is comming down he plays in the ncaa the processing his papers and also joel grant of englnd also popping up. hmmm

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2006, 10:30:58 AM »
U  need to give the sw site a rest and go home to the boyz site
Like I said: Get some rest and bring your brain-power back up to par.

I know. You keep trying and get headaches. Just take some pills to help.  :devil:
jjbrown

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2006, 10:37:00 AM »
oh a psoter on the next side say that omar persad is comming down he plays in the ncaa the processing his papers and also joel grant of englnd also popping up. hmmm
Are these guys for T&T?
jjbrown

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2006, 10:41:09 AM »
Are these guys for T&T?

big man joel grant is from watford and persad is in the ncss. no they are for JA

http://www.thereggaeboyz.com/cgi/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=019124;p=0

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2006, 10:42:49 AM »
Lagoodstep
Member # 2247

posted 11-30-2006 11:40 PM                       
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Just want to add that I have known this youth for several years now. The first time I saw him play, was at Acredale Park near UMD. He must have been maybe 13, I was immediately IMPRESSED by his
technical ability, playing against grown men, He
held his own.

Watched him last year at Rutgers, playing for SDSTU again he was very impressive. I firmly believe that this kid will be a future Reggaeboyz star. Some of the more positive aspects
of the youth are, he is Humble and Well Mannered, and Very Bright in school.

I have played alongside him on many ocassions
and, it's a pleasure to witness his skills.
I remember one year we went to Ja, in the Negril area, playing against some hotel workers, who were beating us, before Omar came into the game and mash-them-up...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posts: 7 | From: College Park, Maryland | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged |   

NightRider
Member # 2328

posted 12-01-2006 10:09 AM                       
Word from camp is that the yute mek the team. Them need to get him papers so them can proccess him in the system. Played a game in camp and them say him wicked.

If anyone can confirm please post...
Also another indian yute from Howard was there in camp and him bad, bad, too. Mi friend say them roll ball good together, and add depth to the team. Another yute from england coming down too.
Congrats to the yutes. Represent... 

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2006, 10:59:57 AM »
Imagine a J'can on a trini site tellin a trini to take a rest all yuh really eh know all yuh place.

Offline Toussaint

• Hero Warrior
  • ...l'arbre de la liberte des noirs.
    • View Profile
    • Haiti Spors
« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2006, 11:42:28 AM »

Toussaint! You are such an hypocrite. I have read posts from you in the past after Haiti has lost a  match spouting the same thing.

At least I keep pointing out all this before the  YOUNG REGGAE BOYZ play a match. I did the same with the REGGAE GIRLZ over at the RBSC pointing out that it was MOTHERS PATTIES, BEENIE MAN and other entertainers that gave financial support to the GIRLZ and not the JFF. Boxhill's excuse is always "There's no money in the coffers of the JFF. My response: Resign graciously while there is still time.

That's not true. Check my posts again. Before the debacle in Martinique, I mentioned that Haiti was sending a weaker team than the team that won the Jamaica's group. However, I have never said that our opponents beat us because it wasn't our real national team they played. The words B-team, C-team, and D-Team are not yet in my vocabulary.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2006, 11:44:21 AM by Toussaint »
...l'arbre de la liberte des noirs.

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 01, 2006, 02:51:36 PM »
Lagoodstep
Member # 2247

Just want to add that I have known this youth for several years now. The first time I saw him play, was at Acredale Park near UMD. He must have been maybe 13, I was immediately IMPRESSED by his
held his own.

Watched him last year at Rutgers, playing for SDSTU again he was very impressive. I firmly believe that this kid will be a future Reggaeboyz star. Some of the more positive aspects

I remember one year we went to Ja, in the Negril area, playing against some hotel workers, who were beating us, before Omar came into the game and mash-them-up...

NightRider
Member # 2328

Word from camp is that the yute mek the team. Them need to get him papers so them can proccess him in the system. Played a game in camp and them say him wicked.

Also another indian yute from Howard was there in camp and him bad, bad, too. Mi friend say them roll ball good together, and add depth to the team. Another yute from england coming down too.

Is this good or bad news for your Young Warriors? 
jjbrown

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 01, 2006, 02:53:07 PM »
Imagine a J'can on a trini site tellin a trini to take a rest all yuh really eh know all yuh place.
Tell us where that is after you rest your weary bones.
jjbrown

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 01, 2006, 02:54:17 PM »
Lagoodstep
Member # 2247

held his own.

NightRider
Member # 2328

does matter who you all bring

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 01, 2006, 02:56:40 PM »

That's not true. Check my posts again. Before the debacle in Martinique, I mentioned that Haiti was sending a weaker team than the team that won the Jamaica's group. However, I have never said that our opponents beat us because it wasn't our real national team they played. The words B-team, C-team, and D-Team are not yet in my vocabulary.
Neither are they in mine.
jjbrown

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 01, 2006, 03:01:13 PM »
Lagoodstep
Member # 2247

held his own.

NightRider
Member # 2328

does matter who you all bring
It will be a mixture of U-20 club players and high school players from the Manning and DaCosta cup champions. Basically the same high school players that beat your high school team last year. 
jjbrown

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 01, 2006, 03:01:18 PM »
Joel is Carribbean Bound !
Loan striker Joel Grant has been selected to play for Jamaica Under 20 in the forthcoming CONCACAF Under 20 competition being played in the Carribbean.

Loan striker Joel Grant has been called up to the Jamaican Under 20 squad to play in the forthcoming CONCACAF Under 20 play off two legged match versus Trinidad and Tobago.

The call up means that the 19 year old, currently on loan from Watford until the New Year, will miss the forthcoming FA Cup second round clash at home to Basingstoke Town.

Joel joined the Shots in September and made his debut in the 1-0 success at home to Halifax Town.

In total he has made 16 appearances for the Shots scoring four goals.

Manager Terry Brown said, "We received the news today about Joel and it is a great opportunity for him. We were in discussion with Aidy Boothroyd about it and he was keen for Joel to gain the experience. To be honest there would have been little we could have done about it anyway as he is Watford's player. I hope that it is a great experience for Joel".

The first match will be played in Jamaica on December 3 with the return fixture scheduled for December 7.

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 01, 2006, 03:25:36 PM »
Joel is Carribbean Bound !
Loan striker Joel Grant has been selected to play for Jamaica Under 20 in the forthcoming CONCACAF Under 20 competition being played in the Carribbean.

Loan striker Joel Grant has been called up to the Jamaican Under 20 squad to play in the forthcoming CONCACAF Under 20 play off two legged match versus Trinidad and Tobago.

The call up means that the 19 year old, currently on loan from Watford until the New Year, will miss the forthcoming FA Cup second round clash at home to Basingstoke Town.

Joel joined the Shots in September and made his debut in the 1-0 success at home to Halifax Town.

In total he has made 16 appearances for the Shots scoring four goals.

Manager Terry Brown said, "We received the news today about Joel and it is a great opportunity for him. We were in discussion with Aidy Boothroyd about it and he was keen for Joel to gain the experience. To be honest there would have been little we could have done about it anyway as he is Watford's player. I hope that it is a great experience for Joel".

The first match will be played in Jamaica on December 3 with the return fixture scheduled for December 7.

Hmmm! One international plus local YOUNG BOYZ vs the Young Warriors (How many internationals?)
I can see who will come out on top despite limited preparation.  ;D 
jjbrown

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 01, 2006, 04:00:57 PM »
1-1 my prediction

den we go beat allyuh 2-0 down here

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 01, 2006, 04:13:42 PM »
1-1 my prediction

den we go beat allyuh 2-0 down here
It seems your heart is beating faster than usual. Seconds thoughts must be telling you that the scoreline will be much more than a draw in the YOUNG BOYZ favour.  :devil: :rotfl: 
jjbrown

1]; } ?>