April 18, 2024, 09:42:55 PM

Author Topic: What should TNT U 20's do for the Second leg versus J.A.?  (Read 4517 times)

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
What should TNT U 20's do for the Second leg versus J.A.?
« on: December 03, 2006, 09:20:19 PM »
Calling all football pundits!!!! SOS TNT needs your help once more. here we are again on the brink of elimination. It is time to restore our national pride and to kick start the young warriors to action. Once more, the hope for our future  is aganist all odds and the situation seems bleak; once more ah dutch coach telling us there is not much hope except  that  it  have to come from the players.

We have been in ths situation before and we have been to the mountain top. Fellas yuh know J.A come to defend. Fellas  think 1989.... all we needed was to hold on and then what happened? so IF JA want to come in and defend, leh we throw the whole dam  force at them....... shhot SHOOT SHOOT FROM EVERYWHERE.  catch them on the counter... catch them  on the flanks.. catch them up the middle but doh hold back.. there is no tomorrow after wednesday for the loser. Restore some TNT pride;;; all yuh play all yuh arse out or else no flipping Christmas  nor Carnival.. if allyuh  lose  they should banish allyuh arse to Alberta Canada for ah winter..........

Ok nuff ole talk so  prophets and Gods of football what should the U20's do in the return game?

« Last Edit: December 03, 2006, 09:37:04 PM by AlbertaTrini »

Offline Gladman

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: What should TNT U 20's do for the Second leg versus J.A.?
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2006, 09:30:53 PM »
Pray
Life Is Like Sugar Cane,It Hard But Sweet

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2006, 09:34:35 PM »
as somebody said
'beat jamaica by three clear goals" ;D
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Tillamawnin

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2006, 09:34:50 PM »
Beg Jack to come to the rescue.  ;D
There is nothing better than adversity. Every defeat, every heartbreak, every loss, contains its own seed, its own lesson on how to improve your performance the next time.

Malcolm X

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2006, 09:48:19 PM »
Ah cyar believe we cyar get some constructive strategies going fuh the young Warriors..... ah bet they online looking and reading...or else curfew fuh dey arse ...doh come out the house till Ash Wednesday!!!!

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2006, 09:53:38 PM »
ah think all we Warriors teams  going through a perpetual 'menstrual cycle'  we only bleeding fuh so .........

we have tuh stop the bleeding!!!!!

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2006, 10:04:37 PM »
Give Latapy ah make over, and some body else birth paper, and put him in de midfield. Problem solved, guaranteed qualification  ;)  ;D . All yuh bear wid meh, pressure does buss pipe, so let Supa talk ah lil shit nah, so ah cud ease de pressure. Bless.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2006, 05:27:53 PM by SUPA »
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Money doh change we, we are de money changer. But fool if yuh dis, it will surely be danger. Large up de Enterprise and Alliance every time. KROSS KROSS.

Offline zuluwarrior

• Hero Warrior
  • use your tongue to count your teeth
    • View Profile
    • http://pointalive.com
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2006, 10:12:07 PM »
Rem most of the guys going to college ,i was looking at the intercol finals and i cant believe wat i was watching , and these is the same guys that is playing for the under 20 team/side.and beside i dont tink they are listening to the coach .strategy wont work as glad man say
Pray.
good things happening to good people: a good thing
good things happening to bad people: a bad thing
bad things happening to good people: a bad thing
bad things happening to bad people: a good thing

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2006, 06:41:36 AM »
I have a suggestion,stop f**king complaining about how uneven the field is and start playing ball,like we use to do in the past.

This is not a bedroom sport,where the sheets are satin and the pillow cases fluffy or the carpet is berber carpet,so yuh no when yuh step down is plenty cushion,what are we f**king babies or we cyar handle the pressure..........       

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2006, 06:55:04 AM »
so IF JA want to come in and defend, leh we throw the whole dam  force at them....... shhot SHOOT SHOOT FROM EVERYWHERE. 

yeah, Joel Grant and teh other forwards might well be licking their chops right now. Can you imagine Trinidad throwing everyhing into attack...leaving their already porous defensive even more vulnerable?

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2006, 07:31:09 AM »
so IF JA want to come in and defend, leh we throw the whole dam  force at them....... shhot SHOOT SHOOT FROM EVERYWHERE. 

yeah, Joel Grant and teh other forwards might well be licking their chops right now. Can you imagine Trinidad throwing everyhing into attack...leaving their already porous defensive even more vulnerable?

Well said.........

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2006, 10:23:53 AM »
I have a suggestion,stop f**king complaining about how uneven the field is and start playing ball,like we use to do in the past.

This is not a bedroom sport,where the sheets are satin and the pillow cases fluffy or the carpet is berber carpet,so yuh no when yuh step down is plenty cushion,what are we f**king babies or we cyar handle the pressure..........       
        I like this suggestion,everybody here knows what going on with our Football but yet still when we are not successful they acting surprise,we are never ready/prepared for any encounter,we good at talking about the game but not playing it,on the field is where it counts,i must admit we have very good individual players but can't play together as a team.
        I might be wrong but is it the different Coaches that handle these guys on a daily basis have their brains trained differently,is it that due to their inexperience they can't adjust/readjust to changes in how a particular Coach wants them to play.   

Offline Arimaman

• Arima Compre
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2006, 10:45:57 AM »
Back in the late 80's and early 90's, national teams used to preparing for a year or more prior to major tournaments.  Nowadays, it seems like we only preparing a month prior to these tournaments.  That is probably one of the main reasons for our disappointment. 

Take a look at the team that went to Portugal in 1991, the nucleus of that team was together for at least 3 years with the same coach.  Same can't be said for today, which is sad. 
Arimian to meh heart

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2006, 11:06:00 AM »
If this T&T U-20 team has had limited success with other Caribbean teams since the beginning of the year. And lost 2-0 against an ill-prepared Jamaican U-20 team. Attacking football is not going to help the T&T U-20s much since the YOUNG REGGAE BOYZ will be going with the same 5-3-2 formation. 

Accept your fate.  :beermug:
jjbrown

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2006, 11:19:15 AM »
Somebody need to put the shackles on that man who was runnin the show.  Take him out of the game.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2006, 11:42:47 AM »
Straight from Piarco into camp where they can only think football, football football. A 24 hr pray chain to bombard God's throne that team need real prayers
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
  • Take pride in yuh side!! Vibes it Up!!!
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2006, 12:08:22 PM »

I like this suggestion,everybody here knows what going on with our Football but yet still when we are not successful they acting surprise,we are never ready/prepared for any encounter,we good at talking about the game but not playing it,on the field is where it counts,i must admit we have very good individual players but can't play together as a team.
        I might be wrong but is it the different Coaches that handle these guys on a daily basis have their brains trained differently,is it that due to their inexperience they can't adjust/readjust to changes in how a particular Coach wants them to play.   

The only problem with that suggestion is that so far the only person who has even mentioned the condition of the field is Lansana.  Is not like it was a quote, for the coach or players, is not like Williams gave an interview say, the field cause us to lose.  So Saga just focusing on the wrong thing.
As for playing ball like we did in the past, unless you or Saga have a time machine that is easier said than done.  We have to deal with who we have now and the situation we in now.
I would really like a report on how the Young Warriors played.  We they in the match at all, did they play with heart and determination? Or were they timid and allowed Jca to walk all over them.
Assuming that they gave it their all, I like to think positive, it could just be that the Jcan team is better, all things considered.  After a 2 - nil defeat I am not totally convinced of that.  I dont think we should give up on this team, and maybe now having faced Jca they can regroup and give a better showing...it aint over yet.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2006, 12:30:25 PM »
Ok we just have to score early thursday and work our way back in the game and keep it tight at the back .
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2006, 12:33:15 PM »

The only problem with that suggestion is that so far the only person who has even mentioned the condition of the field is Lansana.  Is not like it was a quote, for the coach or players, is not like Williams gave an interview say, the field cause us to lose.  So Saga just focusing on the wrong thing.
As for playing ball like we did in the past, unless you or Saga have a time machine that is easier said than done.  We have to deal with who we have now and the situation we in now.
I would really like a report on how the Young Warriors played.  We they in the match at all, did they play with heart and determination? Or were they timid and allowed Jca to walk all over them.
Assuming that they gave it their all, I like to think positive, it could just be that the Jcan team is better, all things considered.  After a 2 - nil defeat I am not totally convinced of that.  I dont think we should give up on this team, and maybe now having faced Jca they can regroup and give a better showing...it aint over yet.
      Breds i'm around T&T Football for the longest while,i don't think i need a tape to tell me how any of our teams play,a team beat us 2-0 and you still not convinced they are better than you?what you want to get 15?it's the same wait for things to happen to us before we can react mentality all our teams have,Jamaica is agressive and physical that's what you have to beat.

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2006, 01:52:33 PM »
Well i did notice that they mentioned that we were physically superior.
Jamaicans Fagan and Grant linked well in attack, but could not break down their physically superior opponents.

http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/sports/html/20061203T200000-0500_116178_OBS_FIRST_BLOOD_.asp

given the fact that we played venuzuela in and it was a very physical encounter with cards sharing as if was all fours instead of football...the physical aspect may be only part of it. We probably focused too much on that aspect in our limited preparation. Jamacia was prepared to defend, did so and put away their chances. We let them into the game......and put ourselves out. Only option now is to put away every half chance on wednesday.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2006, 02:22:20 PM »

Breds i'm around T&T Football for the longest while,i don't think i need a tape to tell me how any of our teams play,a team beat us 2-0 and you still not convinced they are better than you?what you want to get 15?it's the same wait for things to happen to us before we can react mentality all our teams have,Jamaica is agressive and physical that's what you have to beat.

So because you been around football a long time, that means you know what kinda of effort the guys put forward in the match?  So you know which teams was more aggressive and more physical, with evern seeign the game?  You know for a fact that our boys went out and underachieved? That means you can judge who the better team was without seeing the game?  So you are saying the scoreline is always the telling factor in how the game was played?
WHen you dont see a match the only thing the scoreline tell you is who won. 
A score line does not tell you which team dominated.  Which team played with more heart, skill and better tactics.  These are the questions I would like answered, in regards to the match. 
But I guess since you been around football a long time you only need know the score.

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2006, 03:19:36 PM »

So because you been around football a long time, that means you know what kinda of effort the guys put forward in the match?  So you know which teams was more aggressive and more physical, with evern seeign the game?  You know for a fact that our boys went out and underachieved? That means you can judge who the better team was without seeing the game?  So you are saying the scoreline is always the telling factor in how the game was played?
A score line does not tell you which team dominated.  Which team played with more heart, skill and better tactics.  These are the questions I would like answered, in regards to the match. 
But I guess since you been around football a long time you only need know the score.

I hope for your sake our boys pull-out a victory at home in T&T,because brother you missing the point by a mile,what coops was saying is that, because of his experience it does'nt matter how hard yuh play or which player show up from which player did'nt show up or the flare and style we showed, it's the end result that counts,look the ugliest of wins is better than the prettiest of losses.

I'll say it again and again winning is everything,anything less in this business don't count........   

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2006, 04:13:28 PM »

I hope for your sake our boys pull-out a victory at home in T&T,because brother you missing the point by a mile,what coops was saying is that, because of his experience it does'nt matter how hard yuh play or which player show up from which player did'nt show up or the flare and style we showed, it's the end result that counts,look the ugliest of wins is better than the prettiest of losses.

I'll say it again and again winning is everything,anything less in this business don't count........   
it has been my experience that Coops has no problem speaking for himself.  And somehow I dont think that was his point at all.
My point/question is how do you guys know that the guys did not play to the best of their abilities?  How do you know they did not play together as a team.  Is it because they lost 2 - 0?  Maybe they did and Jca was just the better team on that day.
Even if we dont pull out a Victory at home, my point would still be valid.  My point being that i would like to have seen the game or gotten a report about how the guys played before condeming them for the loss.  with only the score to go on.

Offline Baygo Boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 04, 2006, 05:24:30 PM »
Remember gentlemen - the end result doesn't mean bad performance, and on any given day I am prepared to support a team the perform well, but lose - than one that win playing sh*t. All yuh have to also remember that skill and ability is not the only criteria for victory.

Offline watch de ride

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 04, 2006, 05:32:51 PM »
IF YOU FAIL TO PREPARE,
PREPARE TO FAIL.

This should be the result for the return: JA 4, T&T 0.

I'm tired of the bullshit and the assholes who living in a dream world.

Offline najee

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 04, 2006, 05:46:56 PM »
What you mean the Trinidad and Tobago U20 should do......dud!!!!!!! beat the hell out of Jamaica...that what they need to do...no question ask....ah mean by now they should start playing to beat team like Jamaica, C.R. , Mexico and U.S....on there  own surf...these players in seem is being pamper by the coach who coach them...look ...these players have to step up to the plate and hit three or four out the park...this is shit...the players know what they in for.....to much of the same shit everytime...come on?

Offline najee

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 04, 2006, 05:52:28 PM »
since Trinibago make it to the world cup...every one is gunning to beat Trinidad and Tobago at all level in football...so them guy's should know that...and pick their game play up....even in Jamaica

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 04, 2006, 06:10:42 PM »
since Trinibago make it to the world cup...every one is gunning to beat Trinidad and Tobago at all level in football...so them guy's should know that...and pick their game play up....even in Jamaica
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: Check your facts.

In 1998 & 1999 the Senoirs, U-17s and the U-20 REGGAE BOYZ all qualified one behind the other for their for respective World Cups. And stepping up your game will only allow more goals in your net by the YOUNG BOYZ on Wednesday.

FINAL SCORE: JAMAICA 3   T&T 1
« Last Edit: December 04, 2006, 06:13:41 PM by jamaica2099 »
jjbrown

Offline najee

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 04, 2006, 07:35:01 PM »
it way have to take a....ah ass hole ...to run his mouth...and that one is a Jamaican...............

1]; } ?>