April 25, 2024, 02:28:45 AM

Author Topic: Shevchenko reveals Chelsea doubts  (Read 726 times)

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
Shevchenko reveals Chelsea doubts
« on: December 07, 2006, 04:55:07 AM »
is the exit door approaching??

Shevchenko reveals Chelsea doubts  [/size]

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/c/chelsea/6216638.stm

Andriy Shevchenko is ready to leave Chelsea if Jose Mourinho decides he does not fit into his plans.
The Ukraine star, 30, has scored just three league goals since his £30.8m summer move and has been linked with a return to AC Milan.

"I feel at home and it's felt like my team for a long time but unfortunately my game doesn't suit Mourinho.

"Roman Abramovich is my friend but all he could do was insist on a loan deal instead of me being sold," he said.

Shevchenko, who scored his first European goal for Chelsea in Tuesday's 2-0 Champions League win over Levski Sofia, said he had not discussed his future with the club.

"But if it happens, I am ready to pack my bags," he said. "I'm a completely self-confident person. If I don't suit somebody then I'll go back to Italy and prove how good I can still be.

"I'm not finished as a player. On the other hand I have nothing to prove. Everybody knows what Andriy Shevchenko is capable of."

Chelsea owner Abramovich lured the forward to Stamford Bridge on a four-year contract in May in the belief that he would provide the goals to win the Champions League.

Shevchenko is still considered a hero by AC Milan fans after he helped them win European club football's greatest prize in 2003.

However, the former European Footballer of the Year has yet to find the dazzling form that persuaded Chelsea to break the British transfer record.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Shevchenko reveals Chelsea doubts
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2006, 06:47:38 AM »
boy them could spend money
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Shevchenko reveals Chelsea doubts
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2006, 07:15:19 AM »
I don't know what Jose has said or what vibe he has given Shevchenko behind closed doors, training sessions/in the dressing room, etc. but he has at least publicly supported his struggling striker to the fullest, so I don't know why this would be an issue for him....unless he was just answering a question, or, maybe this is coming from a place where he feels that maybe he feels frustrated and would return to form alot faster if Jose would let him finish out games rather than sub him out of almost every game he starts.  I dunno.....JMHO

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

1]; } ?>