April 28, 2024, 04:07:39 PM

Author Topic: FIFA disciplinary committee: Warner didn't break rules  (Read 5947 times)

Offline ttcom

• Hero Warrior
  • us/trini/jamaican
    • View Profile
FIFA disciplinary committee: Warner didn't break rules
« on: December 06, 2006, 09:28:21 AM »
December 6, 2006

ZURICH, Switzerland (AP) -- The FIFA disciplinary committee recommended no action be taken against vice president Jack Warner over allegations that he illegally sold thousands of tickets during the World Cup.

Marcel Mathier, who headed the committee's examination, said Wednesday there was no evidence that Warner infringed FIFA rules during the tournament in Germany. He recommended that world soccer's governing body express its disapproval of Warner, but said the case should now be closed.

According to British media reports in September, Warner was involved in the sale of thousands of World Cup tickets on the black market, including to 900 England fans.

Updated on Wednesday, Dec 6, 2006 9:54 am EST
Stupidity is an elemental force for which no earthquake is a match."
-Karl Kraus

Offline Patterson

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: FIFA disciplinary committee: Warner didn't break rules
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2006, 09:29:53 AM »
well nobody expected a different outcome

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2006, 09:45:05 AM »
Marcel Mathier, who headed the committee's examination, said Wednesday there was no evidence that Warner infringed FIFA rules during the tournament in Germany. He recommended that world soccer's governing body express its disapproval of Warner, but said the case should now be closed.

Regards the World soccer's governing body expressing its disapproval of Warner, this is just code for Warner being slapped on the risk for almost getting caught.
In other words we all know how powerful we are and what we can get away with but please when yuh doing yuh underhand business be a bit more discrete as you are constantly making us FIFA look like we are all a bunch of crooks!  :devil:
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2006, 09:49:23 AM »
 :beermug:
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2006, 09:58:53 AM »
De ONLIEST way allyuh go get he to leave

is
Garlic round yuh neck
A stake straight through he bank accounts
A silver bullet
and a dose of epsom salts

Odderwise just give up yuh neck and yuh wallet to get suck regular
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline RGarcia

• Forward To Mid-Field to Defense
  • Hero Warrior
  • Who Jah bless, no man curse!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2006, 10:12:53 AM »
yeah i aint suprisewith warnerout come like how Camps still dey in de ttfa. Only Bubbol going on
All American

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2006, 11:31:54 AM »
Jack eh get charge off how shocking. I think even Stevie Womder saw that comin
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline boss

• Hero Warrior
  • When I grow up I want to be Dennis Lawrence
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2006, 11:33:07 AM »
Fifa Vice-President Cleared After Ticket Probe
Sportcal.com

Jack Warner, the vice-president of Fifa, soccer’s world governing body, has today been cleared of misconduct by the body’s disciplinary committee.

Warner, who is also the president of Concacaf, the sport's governing body in North and Central America and the Caribbean, has been under investigation since September after it was alleged that he had personally profited from the resale of tickets for this year's World Cup.

However, Marcel Mathier, who headed the investigation, said there was no evidence that Warner had infringed Fifa rules during the tournament in Germany.

He recommended that the organisation express its disapproval of Warner, whose son Daryan was involved in ticket sales, but said the case should now be closed.

Mathier added: ‘It could not be evidenced that Mr Jack Warner had knowledge of the resale of these tickets at a higher price. The resale is certainly forbidden, but the person who did the reselling is not subject to the Fifa jurisdiction, because it is the son of Jack Warner.’

Daryan is said to have sold tickets via the Trinidad and Tobago travel agency Simpaul, which was owned by Warner's family.

Fifa president Sepp Blatter told a news conference in Zurich: ’The executive committee has expressed its disapproval over the conduct of Mr Warner.

‘This disapproval of the conduct of the vice-president draws his attention to the fact that he should remain more prudent and cautious when it comes to ticketing and should also oversee the activities of his son a little more.’

The matter was brought to Fifa's attention following two separate investigations by auditors Ernst & Young in April and July.

Another senior Fifa official, executive committee member Ismail Bhamjee of Botswana, was sent home from the World Cup for selling tickets and has since lost his posts.

Bhamjee sold 12 tickets for England's match against Trinidad and Tobago for $380 each, three times their face value.

Sportcal.com

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2006, 11:35:51 AM »
blatter thinking to himself......................................
"What has Ismail Bhamjee of Botswana done for me recently, nuttin!!
sen him home"
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline grimm01

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2006, 11:38:14 AM »
so according to FIFA, Warener safe becuase his son is the one who resold the tickets. so these men didn't notice nothing strange about a FIFA VP son getting hold of a large amount of tix, then selling them through the family run business that was at one time the sole source of WC tix in T&T?

dem men really doh have no heart or shame nah. the crooked protecting the crooked.

Offline boss

• Hero Warrior
  • When I grow up I want to be Dennis Lawrence
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2006, 11:42:02 AM »
so according to FIFA, Warener safe becuase his son is the one who resold the tickets. so these men didn't notice nothing strange about a FIFA VP son getting hold of a large amount of tix, then selling them through the family run business that was at one time the sole source of WC tix in T&T?

Exactly! This was the real charge and Sepp made NO mention of it whatsoever!

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2006, 12:15:48 PM »

dem men real

what did you expect here ? Warner to be jailed or banned ?
Jack is de world's greatest ticket scalper ! Are you forgetting 1989 ? Warner started at home .... he now knows that he cant trust his son to do the honourable thing ...yeah right !
When maradona described FIFA as the world's biggest Mafia many just said ...sour grapes..now this is only about what we know ...we can be sure what we dont know is even more shocking.
As long as these statements abound we will never see change.......Warner for Trinity cross...
If you were in Warner's position you would have done the same ...... Warner being hounded for his political affiliations.... Warner set up ..etc... warner is the saviour of Trinidad football....
Vote for warner etc.

Offline Lower St. John

• It's All About Unity, Togetherness..........
  • Hero Warrior
  • Don't cry as it's over, continue to enjoy it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2006, 12:26:40 PM »
Fifa president Sepp Blatter told a news conference in Zurich: ’The executive committee has expressed its disapproval over the conduct of Mr Warner.

‘This disapproval of the conduct of the vice-president draws his attention to the fact that he should remain more prudent and cautious when it comes to ticketing and should also oversee the activities of his son a little more.’

It was to be expected but the preventitive measures outlined is unbelievable!!  As a Trini I am laughing because this is comical coming from a World Governing body. :rotfl:

Blessings
« Last Edit: December 06, 2006, 12:49:37 PM by Lower St. John »
Germany 2006 Was A Lifetime Experience Not To Be Forgotten!!!!!!!!!

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2006, 12:32:59 PM »
A setta jokers.

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
  • Life. Passion. FOOTBALL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2006, 01:15:03 PM »
so where did his son got all those tickets to sell in the first place? steupsss dem ppl is real kix oui!

Big Up!
Warrior Nation Member

Forward Thinking does not mean you cannot reflect on the Past!

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2006, 01:22:51 PM »

Daryan should not be allowed to have any business dealings with Fifa or football based on this.

Well waiting on Liburd...see how long it take him to pen something....maybe another series   ;D

Jack might reappear just to gloat.

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2006, 01:39:20 PM »
HA HA what a joke to read this, I expected nothing less. FIFA make all kinda noise about discipline and now they boil dong like oil dong

Oh well JACK once again has the last laugh!

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2006, 01:40:13 PM »
It seems Jackula could be training up his son for the TTFF Special Blood-sucker position whenever he decides to fly off into the sunset!

Son of Jackula has passed his 1st major money sucking test with vampiral smoothness & bat-flying colours!  

Not a good sign for the future strangle hold on T&T being removed!

We've seen the Jackula series on our T&T TV screens for about 32 years running! Do we now sit here helplessly as a new series starring the Son of Jackula begins?!  ???  :-[
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2006, 02:03:11 PM »
we could now almost begin to empathise with our bredrin in Africa and the middle east who no matter what they do have to be lead by a dictator.  Imagine if jack had tanks and the power to set state of emergency and curfews, and access to the treasury...and no matter how hard we cry, UN and nobody ent doing a damn thing to help.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2006, 02:12:49 PM »
we could now almost begin to empathise with our bredrin in Africa and the middle east who no matter what they do have to be lead by a dictator.  Imagine if jack had tanks and the power to set state of emergency and curfews, and access to the treasury...and no matter how hard we cry, UN and nobody ent doing a damn thing to help.

If dat ever happens we doggs dead, our treasury will be in a similar position to the TTFF!!  :-[

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2006, 02:26:38 PM »
Fifa Vice-President Cleared After Ticket Probe
Sportcal.com

Jack Warner, the vice-president of Fifa, soccer’s world governing body, has today been cleared of misconduct by the body’s disciplinary committee.

Warner, who is also the president of Concacaf, the sport's governing body in North and Central America and the Caribbean, has been under investigation since September after it was alleged that he had personally profited from the resale of tickets for this year's World Cup.

However, Marcel Mathier, who headed the investigation, said there was no evidence that Warner had infringed Fifa rules during the tournament in Germany.

He recommended that the organisation express its disapproval of Warner, whose son Daryan was involved in ticket sales, but said the case should now be closed.

Mathier added: ‘It could not be evidenced that Mr Jack Warner had knowledge of the resale of these tickets at a higher price. The resale is certainly forbidden, but the person who did the reselling is not subject to the Fifa jurisdiction, because it is the son of Jack Warner.’

Daryan is said to have sold tickets via the Trinidad and Tobago travel agency Simpaul, which was owned by Warner's family.

The matter was brought to Fifa's attention following two separate investigations by auditors Ernst & Young in April and July.

Another senior Fifa official, executive committee member Ismail Bhamjee of Botswana, was sent home from the World Cup for selling tickets and has since lost his posts.

Bhamjee sold 12 tickets for England's match against Trinidad and Tobago for $380 each, three times their face value.

Sportcal.com

:rotfl: :rotfl:

Are these fu^%$^% serious.......... :rotfl: :rotfl:

I expected Warner to get off, but the gross stupidit with which they express themselves??

This is a direct result of an organisation, passing a rule that they should not be taken to court, but rather have their own tribunal oversee matters.

LLAWWD!!! ::)

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2006, 03:03:35 PM »
yuh have to love jw.de man is ah true fukin CAPO
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #22 on: December 06, 2006, 03:15:04 PM »
FIFA DISCIPLINARY COMMITTEE: WARNER DIDN'T BREAK RULES
from TTFF media

The FIFA disciplinary committee recommended on Wednesday that no action be taken against Vice President Jack Warner over allegations that he illegally sold thousands of tickets during the 2006 Germany World Cup.

Disciplinary committee chairman Marcel Mathier told the news conference following   that there was "no concrete evidence" that Warner knew about the resale of World Cup tickets by his son Daryan Warner through Jack Warner's former travel company Simpaul.

This news conference followed a FIFA Executive Committee Meeting at the Home of FIFA in Zurich on Tuesday and Wednesday under the chairmanship of FIFA President Joseph S. Blatter.

Warner was not present at the news conference. He had "accepted the unanimous decision of the Executive Committee", Blatter said.

However, the Trinidadian CONCACAF President later commented when contacted at his hotel in Zurich where he arrived at on the weekend .

“I have been vindicated today by the FIFA Executive Committee as I had always expected for, as I have said from the inception, that I had committed no offence. I am happy that my record making 24 consecutive years in the FIFA Executive Committee today remains unblemished,” Warner stated.

“ I know that, especially in my country, there will be those who will be disappointed with the results of the FIFA investigation and its decision and will no doubt make other attempts to tarnish my character and good name. This is indeed very unfortunate but I promise to be forever vigilant in the struggle against personal, vindictive and political attacks against me being confident that, in the end, good shall always over come evil.

“I wish to thank all those persons and organisations who, over the past months, have kept faith in my integrity and I refer here -  especially to my family, my staff, my friends both at home and abroad and to my political Party - the United National Congress,” Warner concluded.

Among the other topics discussed at the news conference were: the ratification of the Emergency Committee's decisions concerning the suspensions of Kenya and Iran; reports on the activities of the Task Force for the Good of the Game working groups; the 2010 FIFA World Cup™ in South Africa: competition dates, slots for the final competition, preliminary competitions in the confederations and the preliminary draw in 2007; the bidding procedure for the 2014 FIFA World Cupâ; the 2009 FIFA Confederations Cup in South Africa and the 57th FIFA Congress 2007 in Zurich.

FIFA had opened its investigation into Warner's activities in September, following allegations that he had personally profited from the resale of 180 World Cup tickets, contrary to FIFA's own ticketing rules. At the enquiry, it had been revealed that Warner had returned to the FIFA as early as March 15, 2006, his original stock of 250 tickets which had been given to him as a FIFA Vice President, advising the FIFA Secretariat then that he wanted no tickets of any kind.

The matter was first brought to FIFA's attention following two separate investigations by auditors Ernst & Young in April and July

"The committee expressed its disapproval...drawing attention to the fact that Mr Warner should be more cautious and prudent," Blatter told the news conference on Wednesday.

"That is all there is to say in relation to this affair and we now consider the case closed."

Blatter said the executive committee had made its decision after hearing a report from FIFA's disciplinary committee. Warner returns home on December 15 and now departs for Tokyo to oversee the World Club Championship

Offline ttcom

• Hero Warrior
  • us/trini/jamaican
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 06, 2006, 03:34:06 PM »
FIFA reprimands Warner for World Cup ticket flap

December 6, 2006
ZURICH, Switzerland (Ticker) - Jack Warner, one of FIFA's most senior and controversial figures, has been reprimanded after being involved in a World Cup ticket scandal but has escaped any disciplinary action.

FIFA's executive committee expressed their "disapproval" at the behavior of Warner, a FIFA vice-president from Trinidad and Tobago.

Warner was identified in a report by auditors Ernst & Young as having bought World Cup tickets which were then re-sold at up to three times their face value.

ADVERTISEMENT

A FIFA investigation found Warner's son Daryan was involved in the scandal but that there was "no concrete evidence" that the vice-president himself had played an active role.

"The executive committee has expressed its disapproval over the conduct of Mr Warner," FIFA president Sepp Blatter said. "This disapproval of the conduct of the vice-president draws his attention to the fact that he should be more prudent and cautious when it comes to ticketing and should also oversee the activities of his son a little more.

"That is all there is to say in relation to this affair and we now consider the case closed."

Blatter said it would be up to the FIFA administration whether the Warner family's Simpaul travel agency would be allowed to sell tickets for future World Cups.

In their confidential report to FIFA which was subsequently leaked, Ernst and Young said the tickets were bought in Warner's name and then picked up by Daryan in Germany before they were subsequently bought from ticket agency Kick Sports for 400 euros apiece - collectively 54,000 euros (37,000) more than face value.

"We can confirm that tickets included in orders under customer reference 201498572 (Mr Jack Warner) were transferred or resold into the secondary market in breach of the 2006 FIFA World Cup Germany ticketing general terms and conditions," The Ernst & Young report said.

FIFA's disciplinary committee also rejected complaints from Warner about the behavior of the world governing body's general secretary Urs Linsi, FIFA's administration, and Ernst & Young regarding the case.

Warner has been embroiled in similar situations before but under FIFA's statutes only his confederation can remove him - not Blatter and not his fellow executive committee members.

As Warner effectively controls the CONCACAF federation, his position has until now been invulnerable.

In the future, similar scandals may have different results as the new FIFA ethics commission headed by Lord Sebastian Coe will be given considerable powers to take action.

Warner escaped censure in March despite FIFA's ruling that he was guilty of a clear conflict of interest when Simpaul secured exclusive rights to sell Trinidad's entire World Cup ticket allocation.

Warner told FIFA that he and his wife had sold their shares in Simpaul and had no idea he had violated any rules.

In the 1980s and 1990s, Warner obtained FIFA's TV rights for the Caribbean for a low price and then controversially sold them to broadcasters.

Updated on Wednesday, Dec 6, 2006 2:43 pm EST

Stupidity is an elemental force for which no earthquake is a match."
-Karl Kraus

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 06, 2006, 03:44:45 PM »
However, the Trinidadian CONCACAF President later commented when contacted at his hotel in Zurich where he arrived at on the weekend .

“I have been vindicated today by the FIFA Executive Committee as I had always expected for, as I have said from the inception, that I had committed no offence. I am happy that my record making 24 consecutive years in the FIFA Executive Committee today remains unblemished,” Warner stated.

“ I know that, especially in my country, there will be those who will be disappointed with the results of the FIFA investigation and its decision and will no doubt make other attempts to tarnish my character and good name. This is indeed very unfortunate but I promise to be forever vigilant in the struggle against personal, vindictive and political attacks against me being confident that, in the end, good shall always over come evil.

“I wish to thank all those persons and organisations who, over the past months, have kept faith in my integrity and I refer here -  especially to my family, my staff, my friends both at home and abroad and to my political Party - the United National Congress,” Warner concluded.

Did Warner really say all that without a stutter?!
Makes one suspect he had that speech prepared from many months ago and had been practising such was his confidence in the corruption sorry fairness of FIFA! If most of the things Jack say in that speech aren't ironic then I might as well believe that JW is the savour of T&T football in truth!  ???

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 06, 2006, 03:51:22 PM »
When you breaking the law it is best t know the Law.

lawyers make the best crooks

Warner know what he is doing.

Certain businesses are registered in his son name so is not really warner is his son.

I have no problem with helping for family and giving them the inside track, The correct word for that is Net working but it must be done in competition.

Warner son can get the contract for internet in U17 football stadium ,,,, I have no problem with that.
But it must be the best bid for the job in a fair setting with other interested parties who might be interested being allowed to bid.

But Jack want to give the contact to his son without even considering any other bids and on top of that pay a price way higher than market price for the services.

If effect transferring money from FIfa to his son.

This is criminal.

Jack Warner take all the Trinidad and Tobago World Cup tickets and tell people to pay 30,000 just to get one. Because the only way you can get one is through the "Package"

These men not easy.

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 06, 2006, 05:16:56 PM »
...is like when spoiler sang about de police chief who arrested himself for speeding, accused himself for lying, defended himself as laywer and was acquitted by himself as magistrate  :rotfl: :rotfl:
Jack was de one to call for an investigation into his actions so you see spoiler imagination was not so far fetched after all !

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 06, 2006, 05:19:17 PM »
FIFA have rules?
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline legal alien

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 06, 2006, 08:08:46 PM »
why cant we be patriotic and support jack warner no matter what? its a blessing for us TRINIS and to a lesser extent concacaf that he is in his position in FIFA

Offline Patterson

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 06, 2006, 08:37:31 PM »
why cant we be patriotic and support jack warner no matter what? its a blessing for us TRINIS and to a lesser extent concacaf that he is in his position in FIFA

I hope u being sarcastic ??? ???

1]; } ?>