April 28, 2024, 08:32:35 PM

Author Topic: Why i'm good with the "N" word  (Read 16800 times)

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
Re: Why i'm good with the "N" word
« Reply #30 on: December 08, 2006, 08:55:17 AM »
fishs luv ya bring up something dey
meh brudda is dey same damn story...but dey problem is, i forever using 'boy' when we in ah little ole talk. infact we had ah big argument dat we ain't talk tur each oder fur almost ah year ah tink.

my ting is wid 'boy' is allyuh does say 'girl'
again is ah thin line

i love meh dialgect eh...so in ah little ole talk you will most likely hear meh sah 'nah girl or nah man oir nah girl' doh make joke....tings like dat.

its not dat i'm calling you 'boy or girl', its just ah figure of speech.
when ah sending email tur meh peeps...me ain't using 'hi' or 'hello' - is Girl/Boy, hear dey story nah etc.

now ah understand if ya in ah vex mood wid somebody dat was using racial slurs at ya, and den dey say 'boy' or ya boss calling you boy  or some little old lady. but we is trinidadians and tobagoians, we entitled to get away wid dat.....dats part ah we figure ah speech.

my opinion eh

oh look we latest member is ah Queen Macoomeh....look ting :rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
  • Politics- 90% Personality 10% Principle
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 08, 2006, 09:35:28 AM »
fishs luv ya bring up something dey
meh brudda is dey same damn story...but dey problem is, i forever using 'boy' when we in ah little ole talk. infact we had ah big argument dat we ain't talk tur each oder fur almost ah year ah tink.

my ting is wid 'boy' is allyuh does say 'girl'
again is ah thin line

i love meh dialgect eh...so in ah little ole talk you will most likely hear meh sah 'nah girl or nah man oir nah girl' doh make joke....tings like dat.

its not dat i'm calling you 'boy or girl', its just ah figure of speech.
when ah sending email tur meh peeps...me ain't using 'hi' or 'hello' - is Girl/Boy, hear dey story nah etc.

now ah understand if ya in ah vex mood wid somebody dat was using racial slurs at ya, and den dey say 'boy' or ya boss calling you boy  or some little old lady. but we is trinidadians and tobagoians, we entitled to get away wid dat.....dats part ah we figure ah speech.

my opinion eh

oh look we latest member is ah Queen Macoomeh....look ting :rotfl: :rotfl:
sister mary all depends on context no???
Perhaps the epitome of a Trinidadian is the child in the third row class with a dark skin and crinkly plaits who looks at you out of decidedly Chinese eyes and announces herself as Jacqueline Maharaj.- Merle Hodge

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 08, 2006, 10:02:04 AM »
c**tex??

dis thread ent dead yet??

Look dis my last 2 cents in dis ting oui

Hoe you come like dem fundementalist preacher..you insist on posting dis ting to prove yuh point just like dem fellahs does insist on shovin bible dong yuh throat

Hear wha,,,people does justify all kinda chupidness,that they firmly believe is justifiably "cool"..dem same yankee dat yuh usin for reference..some ah dem does justify very easily killin ah next man simply because de fellah was wearin red or blue...de justification work so well that all over de states and in canada, ah bunch ah chupid lil boy want to put on red or blue and play gangster...and dey consider deyself "cool"

I have ah pardner...nice guy...he ha bout 7 chirren wit 6 different woman...doh live wit none ah dem. If you hear dis man explain and justify the situation, yuh would almost beleive he know wuh he talkin bout...he tink he "cool" too

It ha some ole man dat does justify beatin dey wife

it have people into bukkake

My point is everybody have a different mindset and value system,,so simply because people doh agree with you, it might seem un "cool" to you...but we eh drinkin your brand of 'kool'-aid today preacher,,we cyah never drink it..so tryin to shove your brand of "cool" ness dong we throat is pointless

I cyah beleive you usin bob marley/haile selassie phrase 'emancipate yourself from mental slavery' to convince we,, dat bob and dem mean it "cool" to call yuh  pardner {Noops}....allyuh fundementalist does real take tings to ffit yuh agenda oui
You should get ah wukk wit de yankee republican an dem, you does put ah nice spin on things

Two scenarios come to mind

(1) Next time yuh in wal-mart or de grocery and one ah dem blonde fellahs..tell yuh "whats up my {Noops} with ah big grin on he face..you make sure and hug da man tight..cause he real "cool"

(2) When yuh kids reach school age and one come off the bus ah day and tell yuh "the kids on the bus were callin me a {Noops}"
Make sure and wach dat chile straight in he eye and tell him "doh study it..is jus words"

When you reach that level of enlightenment...DEN i joinin yuh church fuh sure...yuh could make mih head deacon an all

and in final conclusion ah givin yuh source and this thread ah 4kin

**STEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUPPPPSSSSSSSSSSSSSZZZZ***
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 08, 2006, 10:22:56 AM »
I am a peace loving, hard working man!  I am nothing else.

I am ah peace loving, hard working oman...I am nothing else too
but TT doh get meh wrong eh...as dey saying goes, is only when it happen tur ya, ya go change ya story.
so since it never happen tur meh 'yet' - datz meh tinking bout dey subject.

ah shoulda add dat tur meh pervious post, but ah lazy tur go back
If coolie ppl use to tink like that 35% of the population go be in the hosoital with bust face  :rotfl: I going and sleep
35% WAH HAPPEN TO DE NEXT(COUNTING ON MEH FINGERs) 65%lol
man when u get over lil hang ups.....about race...coolie , creole i swords of endearments yes
but it have to be between people who cool. who not overally sensitive or pretentious.

35% is ah random no.I pulled out the air ,the point being not everybody is move racial ,just a
few asreholes . And them not always being endearing either ,but you never expreience hoe lol ,but is
like ah punkoff

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 08, 2006, 10:26:16 AM »
c**tex??

dis thread ent dead yet??

Look dis my last 2 cents in dis ting oui

Hoe you come like dem fundementalist preacher..you insist on posting dis ting to prove yuh point just like dem fellahs does insist on shovin bible dong yuh throat

Hear wha,,,people does justify all kinda chupidness,that they firmly believe is justifiably "cool"..dem same yankee dat yuh usin for reference..some ah dem does justify very easily killin ah next man simply because de fellah was wearin red or blue...de justification work so well that all over de states and in canada, ah bunch ah chupid lil boy want to put on red or blue and play gangster...and dey consider deyself "cool"

I have ah pardner...nice guy...he ha bout 7 chirren wit 6 different woman...doh live wit none ah dem. If you hear dis man explain and justify the situation, yuh would almost beleive he know wuh he talkin bout...he tink he "cool" too

It ha some ole man dat does justify beatin dey wife

it have people into bukkake

My point is everybody have a different mindset and value system,,so simply because people doh agree with you, it might seem un "cool" to you...but we eh drinkin your brand of 'kool'-aid today preacher,,we cyah never drink it..so tryin to shove your brand of "cool" ness dong we throat is pointless

I cyah beleive you usin bob marley/haile selassie phrase 'emancipate yourself from mental slavery' to convince we,, dat bob and dem mean it "cool" to call yuh  pardner {Noops}....allyuh fundementalist does real take tings to ffit yuh agenda oui
You should get ah wukk wit de yankee republican an dem, you does put ah nice spin on things

Two scenarios come to mind

(1) Next time yuh in wal-mart or de grocery and one ah dem blonde fellahs..tell yuh "whats up my {Noops} with ah big grin on he face..you make sure and hug da man tight..cause he real "cool"

(2) When yuh kids reach school age and one come off the bus ah day and tell yuh "the kids on the bus were callin me a {Noops}"
Make sure and wach dat chile straight in he eye and tell him "doh study it..is jus words"

When you reach that level of enlightenment...DEN i joinin yuh church fuh sure...yuh could make mih head deacon an all

and in final conclusion ah givin yuh source and this thread ah 4kin

**STEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUPPPPSSSSSSSSSSSSSZZZZ***
AS U SAID MAN DAIS YOUR OPNION.
 i eh shoving nuttin down anyoen throat they ahve to form thier own opnion. i was the only oone who held this stand initally everyoen else vehemently disargreed- people also posted what ever they wanted or anectodtes or examples what ever to justify thier opnions.
i not trying to do dat. i am trying to show dat not cause allyuh think so it is so.
and my pt valid when it comes to allyuh full ah it.
cause allyuh arguing about using a word that was globalised because of american slavery. and syaing that word should never bve used
how ever in de same way allyuh use other words that trdationally had the same meaning contexts what ever but it dont seem to raise ah hair on allyuh hand.

cant be moral when it suits u.
if nigger offends  how ever it is used. then u should use any word which has or once had racist connotaitons
which includes but not limited to
words i see all ah allyuh useing
cocopanyol ,dougla,creole etc
may seem silly to u but it is what it is.
yet allyuh have such strong feelings for real word which people debase with assiged meaning.
steups eh
is northamerican culture that much better than ours that even its mores and taboos have to be picked up but doesnt apply to our own.

even your example bout the blone fella in walmart enforcs context.
in that situation u know what he means. end ah story ful stop. and no i eh go smile at him and hug him up.
but there is a whole host of words beyond the "n" word he could use to carry the smae racist sentiments..normal everday words..moneky etc etc
dais all i am saying

the word jew for example could be used and often is to be hateful. or just to descibe a personw ith speciic religous belif.

lol@yankee republican...that statement has more neo repubicanism behind it than anythign else
 anyoen dat doesnt argree with your stance...worng
or bad.. or in thier case unamerican.

and u was right steupssss indeed..
everyone has just been saying how they dont like the word or being called that.
all well and good
but in allyuh responses..none ah allyuh ent respond to my thing about context. because allyuh knwo full well and good that in allyuh everyday situation allyuh does do it.

extreme example but one none the less
murder.
i kill someone bam it worng. a police man kill someoen who try to shoot him.
same thign different context
isnt both ah dem worng equally
or do we have to split hairs.

allyuh do it everyday...the same thign could be worng in one situation and eh mean shit in d eother..or allyuh jus fooling allyuh selves

i eh care if anyoen argrees with me
this is just my pt of view..allyuh had chance to state allyuh own till allyu heart content i am doing it also

doh call people de "n" word..call them anythign else deregatoryt cause it not main streAM  WESTERN SOCIETY  taboo
what garbage eh..

and yuh was right dutty
STEUPSSSSSSSSSSS
Perhaps the epitome of a Trinidadian is the child in the third row class with a dark skin and crinkly plaits who looks at you out of decidedly Chinese eyes and announces herself as Jacqueline Maharaj.- Merle Hodge

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 08, 2006, 10:30:05 AM »
I am a peace loving, hard working man!  I am nothing else.

I am ah peace loving, hard working oman...I am nothing else too
but TT doh get meh wrong eh...as dey saying goes, is only when it happen tur ya, ya go change ya story.
so since it never happen tur meh 'yet' - datz meh tinking bout dey subject.

ah shoulda add dat tur meh pervious post, but ah lazy tur go back
If coolie ppl use to tink like that 35% of the population go be in the hosoital with bust face  :rotfl: I going and sleep
35% WAH HAPPEN TO DE NEXT(COUNTING ON MEH FINGERs) 65%lol
man when u get over lil hang ups.....about race...coolie , creole i swords of endearments yes
but it have to be between people who cool. who not overally sensitive or pretentious.

35% is ah random no.I pulled out the air ,the point being not everybody is move racial ,just a
few asreholes . And them not always being endearing either ,but you never expreience hoe lol ,but is
like ah punkoff
I KNOW U WA STEASING U WIHT THE NUMBER.
I SAID I never experienced it directy form white americans...been patronised by thier insincere pufucntory salutations..
but dais them trying nto to appear bigoted...whether they are or not.

u knwo.." oh hi hwo ar eyou soooo good to see you again etc etc"
we does callit small tlak but ti have a different flavour when they do it. context?? hmmm any hwo moving on

as i said ealier only racism i experineced was by trinis, indian trinis in boston .
and it didnt bother me to muhc. its thier ignorance..it wasnt a child experincing it etc etc.
they didnt call em the n word..well at least to meh face but y should i let them hang ups bother me
i eh even let it change meh opnion of any gropup of peopoe steups eh..

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 08, 2006, 10:49:30 AM »
u should use any word which has or once had racist connotaitons
yet allyuh have such strong feelings for real word which people debase with assiged meaning.
steups eh
is northamerican culture that much better than ours that even its mores and taboos have to be picked up but doesnt apply to our own.

ah tink yuh miss mih point wit de wal-mart yute
de smile doh mean he doin it outta malice...it  meant this  white kid would smile and say (Noops) meaning "how you doin buddy"...it was genuine, de man wasnt vex or nuttn

I see dat take place in ah wal-mart parkin lot...and he black pardner hail him out same way and give him dap
I just hadda shake my head

Also I think perhaps I need a history lesson.....to my recollection in trinidad cocpanyol and creole were never insulting terms....as a matter of fact people does wear it with a badge of honour

ok it was supposed to be mih las word...but yuh bring mih out
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline Quags

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 08, 2006, 11:07:02 AM »
Yeah dutty panyol and dougla was never ah insult ,me ain't to sure bout creole ,me never call nodody that lol .

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 08, 2006, 12:59:26 PM »
steups eh

de smile doh mean he doin it outta malice...it  meant this  white kid would smile and say (Noops) meaning "how you doin buddy"...it was genuine, de man wasnt vex or nuttn

I see dat take place in ah wal-mart parkin lot...and he black pardner hail him out same way and give him dap

Also I think perhaps I need a history lesson.....to my recollection in trinidad cocpanyol and creole were never insulting terms....as a matter of fact people does wear it with a badge of honour

yeah chekc yuh hsitroy
they werent endearing terms at all
cocopanyols were poor white/white black mixed who worked on obviously coco estate.
 it was hard work as we all know but when some one refered to a white perfson as a coco panyol and they werent actually it wasnt a compliment.

creole was the inital word indians used mostly
to call negros
 just ascribe a name to the race.
 but it was also negative. when used certianw ays
eg.
saying for exampe soemone maried outta thier race (indian ) n they married a creole..keeping in mind maryring white or up wasnt as bad.
at any rate i just heard a lecture(a pa day her) from EVA OLSSON
A HOLOCOST SURVIVOR
I HAVE TO RE THINK/ REVAMP/BE CAREFUL ABOUT THE n WORD
keepning IN MIND I EH CHANGE MEH OPNION ABOUT CONTEXT
BUT A SI ALWAYS SAID..THE ACT WOORSE..IE BEING AND DOING PHSICAL TINGS TO SHOW..THAN JUST USING A WORD IF ITS not meant to be bigoted
any ways ah busy i'll clarfy when ah have time to think about what i goign to say...
 and CV yuh worng wrong
dougla was meant as a deregotaroy fella

Offline Quags

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 08, 2006, 01:39:34 PM »
well creole can't be that bad either ,cause ..but then the chief is indian to right  ;D

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 08, 2006, 01:44:17 PM »
well creole can't be that bad either ,cause ..but then the chief is indian to right  ;D

hehehehe well thats what i mean in time the meaning turned into an identifier
as a good part of our culture
identifying a trini person.
symbols and words may change, be redefined or refined over time.
into complete new ideas or menaings.

Offline Quags

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 08, 2006, 01:52:59 PM »
steups eh

yeah chekc yuh hsitroy
cocopanyols were poor white/white black mixed who worked on obviously coco estate.
 it was hard work as we all know but when some one refered to a white perfson as a coco panyol and they werent actually it wasnt a compliment.

to call negros
 just ascribe a name to the race.
 but it was also negative. when used certianw ays
eg.
saying for exampe soemone maried outta thier race (indian ) n they married a creole..keeping in mind maryring white or up wasnt as bad.
at any rate i just heard a lecture(a pa day her) from EVA OLSSON
A HOLOCOST SURVIVOR
I HAVE TO RE THINK/ REVAMP/BE CAREFUL ABOUT THE n WORD
keepning IN MIND I EH CHANGE MEH OPNION ABOUT CONTEXT
BUT A SI ALWAYS SAID..THE ACT WOORSE..IE BEING AND DOING PHSICAL TINGS TO SHOW..THAN JUST USING A WORD IF ITS not meant to be bigoted
any ways ah busy i'll clarfy when ah have time to think about what i goign to say...
 and CV yuh worng wrong
dougla was meant as a deregotaroy fella

Well that was interesting ,but creole sound french ,what it mean ? And douglas is the first to say them is douglas, the only thing bad I hear bout them is that nobody go truely accept them ...which is bull .

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #42 on: December 08, 2006, 01:55:22 PM »
ya know something
ah never realize it have so much thin skin in here....

especially when we trins value we self as strong ass, self minded seta people...nothing doh bother we

is like half ah allyuh living in foreign land tur long and getting to involved in dey foreign man philoposy of life...allyuh need to go back home and sid down in dey bush wid ram, chang, khan and obe and remember when none ah dis didn't matter.  allyuh forget where allyuh come from where nobody gives ah ass who was ya neighbour and who was behind dey cashier at dey grocery.  

emancipate self from mental slavery....as dey song goes
tur me dey only way tur do dat, is if ya made yaself ah slave of ya surroundings.... so dat part ain't really doing nothing for me.

allyuh reminding me bout dem motiviational speakers and dem...people does pay hundreds ah dollars tur go listen and buy dey book. dey companies playing thousands ah dollars fur dem to come and talk dey talk in ya ears fur 3 hours.  ah never went tur none, cause nobody could motivate me, oder dan me. dem experiences in life, ain't my experience.

everybody hafta remember where dey come from, and stop listening tur other people talk bout dem experiences and start living ya life dey best way allyuh know how.

nigger, coolie, chinee and dey list goes on...dem words did mean anything tur allyuh when allyuh was small  playing in dey yard ?

steups

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 08, 2006, 01:57:35 PM »
yeah chekc yuh hsitroy

to call negros

Well I challenging that:... ah doh ha time to look up dat now

It may have been insulting to whites at the time....but in as much as the vast majority in trini during that time period was black (or at least non white)...most aspired to be as close to white as possible...hence the reason 'red' woman still get put on a pedestal
So while it was insulting to a minority of whites...the overwhelming majority of people in trinidad would wear that tag proudly

I also challenging your creole assertion...because long before it had indentured labourers in t& t ..there were slaves that referred to themselves as louisiana creoles in the states and  haitian creoles existed north of us
I'm unsure of the origin of the term in those countries but it does pre-date trini

yuh right,,dougla was a pejorative term

Yuh might be right...but I eh drinkin yuh kool-aid jus yet.  :waiting:

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 08, 2006, 02:09:34 PM »
nigger, coolie, chinee and dey list goes on...dem words did mean anything tur allyuh when allyuh was small  playing in dey yard ?

steups

First off,, me eh grow up talkin so.......second,,,chirren chupid....or at least naively innocent

But even if dais de norm in trinidad...it ha plenty plenty ting in trini dat jus eh right...life is about change
I eh trying to convince you and hoe how to think...but yuh miss de first thread on dis while yuh was takin phone numbers in 1st class

As an example: just de odder day on de main board..a poster make ah 'joke' bout one of de warriors so black, he mus be born in de pitch lake"
growin up I know dais ah regular 'joke'...but it is a stupid joke, because de same poster eh realize he insultin heself
I eh say nuttn to de fellah,,because is trini..so it go

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #45 on: December 08, 2006, 02:32:15 PM »

steups

First off,, me eh grow up talkin so.......second,,,chirren chupid....or at least naively innocent

But even if dais de norm in trinidad...it ha plenty plenty ting in trini dat jus eh right...life is about change
I eh trying to convince you and hoe how to think...but yuh miss de first thread on dis while yuh was takin phone numbers in 1st class

As an example: just de odder day on de main board..a poster make ah 'joke' bout one of de warriors so black, he mus be born in de pitch lake"
growin up I know dais ah regular 'joke'...but it is a stupid joke, because de same poster eh realize he insultin heself

and Duttiness you ain't get meh point eider...so we go leave it so  :beermug:

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 08, 2006, 02:44:04 PM »
I am like the dasheen leaf, what ever people say does jus flow off ah me.

Offline Quags

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 08, 2006, 02:45:34 PM »
ya know something
ah never realize it have so much thin skin in here....

especially when we trins value we self as strong ass, self minded seta people...nothing doh bother we

is like half ah allyuh living in foreign land tur long and getting to involved in dey foreign man philoposy of life...allyuh need to go back home and sid down in dey bush wid ram, chang, khan and obe and remember when none ah dis didn't matter.  allyuh forget where allyuh come from where nobody gives ah ass who was ya neighbour and who was behind dey cashier at dey grocery. 

emancipate self from mental slavery....as dey song goes
tur me dey only way tur do dat, is if ya made yaself ah slave of ya surroundings.... so dat part ain't really doing nothing for me.

allyuh reminding me bout dem motiviational speakers and dem...people does pay hundreds ah dollars tur go listen and buy dey book. dey companies playing thousands ah dollars fur dem to come and talk dey talk in ya ears fur 3 hours.  ah never went tur none, cause nobody could motivate me, oder dan me. dem experiences in life, ain't my experience.

everybody hafta remember where dey come from, and stop listening tur other people talk bout dem experiences and start living ya life dey best way allyuh know how.

nigger, coolie, chinee and dey list goes on...dem words did mean anything tur allyuh when allyuh was small  playing in dey yard ?

steups

Maybe your right ,but I remember some ah them same boys and girls we play with in dey yard ,
end up changing big time in there teen s ,suddenly sumting change either way they still hold ah bust face lol

Offline Dr. Rat

• Licks Pass!!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 08, 2006, 02:53:25 PM »
nigger, coolie, chinee and dey list goes on...dem words did mean anything tur allyuh when allyuh was small  playing in dey yard ?

steups

and Duttiness you ain't get meh point eider...so we go leave it so :beermug:

You sure yuh not TI sister?
PNM in yuh mudda-in-law

Offline Mr Fix-it

• Hero Warrior
  • I Love 5 things,my 3 Babies/ManU/Wife in dat order
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 08, 2006, 02:59:18 PM »

steups

Look out, buss head coming
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 08, 2006, 03:05:46 PM »

steups

wow rat u is abraver anthan i...dutty popcrn time looming

Offline Quags

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 08, 2006, 04:05:06 PM »
Ah also doh like nobady tuh call mih BOY.

Ah ent nobody's BOY not even mih great great grandfadder was anybody's BOY . Dey coulda call him dat because dey owned him den , but he was certainly nobody's BOY.

So get the drift BOY  N  NIGGA. Same ting , massa day done.
Another term I never like is smooth head  ??? wtf ,ah coulda stab nuff ppl in they troat for that ,is ah good ting ah leave trini oui ,

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 08, 2006, 04:06:07 PM »
Popcorn...I waitin to see ah man collect de first online jump kick on dis site

Rat lash hard dey boy  :devil

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 08, 2006, 04:20:22 PM »
if i am not mistaken, a creole as used since colonization began was used to describe a person born on this side of the world. e.g. the son of a spanish man born in venezuela or somewhere else would be called a creole. 

this article sheds some light on the subject.

http://www.cajunculture.com/Other/creole.htm

organic, i cant believe u, as a fellow educator, as a father....as a dreadlocks...could be so callous about the N word.  come and live here in south carolina for a while, i feel when u see that confederate flag infront the state house and on cars and jeeps u might have a change of heart.

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #54 on: December 08, 2006, 05:04:55 PM »

steups

now ting like dat...ya does get bad cuss fur
doh make dem kinda jokes luv

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 08, 2006, 05:20:50 PM »
if i am not mistaken, a creole as used since colonization began was used to describe a person born on this side of the world. e.g. the son of a spanish man born in venezuela or somewhere else would be called a creole. 

this article sheds some light on the subject.

http://www.cajunculture.com/Other/creole.htm

organic, i cant believe u, as a fellow educator, as a father....as a dreadlocks...could be so callous about the N word.  come and live here in south carolina for a while, i feel when u see that confederate flag infront the state house and on cars and jeeps u might have a change of heart.
hence y i eh living here bro and what educator ahve to do with anything
i teach my students to be good citizens , morals etc
if the topic ever come up. i'll tell them dont use  de word full stop i wont give them my opnion on that.
and neither would i use those words or any inappropriate language in front my students..
father also
dredlocks ??? ??? ??? i consider my self a good moral person  but my dreds is a style fella. i like hwo it looks and i never liked going for hair cuts. end a story
when it comes to my son who by the way is mixed i would never allow him to use or use that or any other discrimmnatory word.  i eh raising him so. this is my opnion and once i teach him right and wrong i would he grow up to be a good man other wise is my failing.
duplicity u say? no. it would jut be to difficult explaning my pt to kids..(look at allyuh for examples and allyuh is adults  ;D)
i am sure as a good educator u try to keep or should try to keep your opnions out of your instruction and give kids facts. 
worng and right different- also morals. it have no opnion there

yes @creole and the histroy fari..its a french word they used for black peploe and it modified. but it have negative connotaions.
and those who disargee - besides maybe honest ignorance...also now thinking well i maybe hadda stop using the word if it really has those original meanins. dais y allyuh hesitant to believe.
other wise allyuh woulda be full ah shit. dais y no oen eh conter meh context pt still..
at any rate i think this topic for the time ebing gone one to long.
when i meet dutty at de liem at he house we coudl continue lightheartedly again
 ;D
btw de fruits soaking now
« Last Edit: December 08, 2006, 05:22:56 PM by The Polished Hoe »

Offline Quags

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 08, 2006, 05:47:36 PM »
Doe worry hoe ,U's my nigga fer real ..hold it dong   :chilling:

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 08, 2006, 05:53:13 PM »
Doe worry hoe ,U's my nigga fer real ..hold it dong   :chilling:

allya cool it eh

just now one of you GOOD friends go get mad and loose it wid de other person and all go buss up. ;D
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 08, 2006, 05:55:38 PM »
i still not sure where I stand on dis ... fence sitter .. I musbe be more Cdn dan Trini
Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

Offline Quags

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 08, 2006, 05:58:14 PM »
Y boy ,like the man hoe say ,is all in context and endearment ...that is serious talk ,we younger generation done pass 300 hundred year ole predujuices,we's homies homes  ;D

1]; } ?>