April 29, 2024, 04:14:51 AM

Author Topic: Jack Warner cleared  (Read 2529 times)

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Jack Warner cleared
« on: December 06, 2006, 10:34:52 PM »

FIFA disciplinary committee recommended yesterday that no action be taken against vice-president Jack Warner over allegations that he illegally sold thousands of tickets during the World Cup.

Marcel Mathier, who headed the committee’s examination, said there was no evidence that Warner infringed Fifa rules during the tournament in Germany.

He recommended that world soccer’s governing body express its disapproval of Warner, but said the case should now be closed.

Warner was not present at the news conference.

He had “accepted the unanimous decision of the Executive Committee,” President Sepp Blatter said.

In an immediate response from Zurich yesterday, Warner described the decision as a vindication.

“I have been vindicated today by the Fifa Executive Committee as I had always expected for, as I have said from the inception, that I had committed no offence,” he said.

“I am happy that my record-making 24 consecutive years in the Fifa Executive Committee today remains unblemished.

“I know that, especially in my country, there will be those who will be disappointed with the results of the Fifa investigation and its decision and will no doubt make other attempts to tarnish my character and good name.

“This is indeed very unfortunate but I promise to be forever vigilant in the struggle against personal, vindictive and political attacks against me being confident that, in the end, good shall always over come evil.

“I wish to thank all those persons and organisations who, over the past months, have kept faith in my integrity and I refer here—especially to my family, my staff, my friends both at home and abroad and to my political party—the United National Congress,” Warner said.

British media reports in September claimed that Warner was involved in the sale of thousands of World Cup tickets on the black market, including to 900 England fans.

The Daily Mail reported it had obtained confidential reports produced by auditors Ernst & Young for Fifa revealing that Warner made at least US$933,000 selling World Cup tickets.

“It could not be evidenced that Mr Jack Warner had knowledge of the resale of these tickets at a higher price,” Mathier said.

“The resale is certainly forbidden, but the person who did the reselling is not subject to the Fifa jurisdiction, because it is the son of Jack Warner.”

Mathier said Fifa was unable to sanction Warner’s son Daryan because he was employed outside the Fifa family.

Daryan allegedly sold the tickets through the T&T travel agency Simpaul, which was owned by Warner’s family.

Despite a lack of evidence of wrongdoing, Mathier recommended that Warner be scolded.

“Subjectively speaking, one could ask oneself whether Jack Warner did not have any knowledge of the activity of his son in relation to ticketing,” Mathier said.

The Fifa executive committee adopted the recommendations and said Warner should ensure that his son in the future “does not abuse the position held by his father.”

In September, Fifa president Sepp Blatter confirmed that the governing body had been notified of the ticket sales by Ernst & Young months earlier but had sought to deal with the case internally.

He sent the case to the 19-member disciplinary body only after the media reports surfaced.

“Mr Warner has accepted the report which has been presented and the unanimous decision of the executive committee without any comment,” Blatter said.

When I get big I want to be just like Jack.
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline thane

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Jack Warner cleared
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2006, 02:11:08 AM »
hehehehe...i love FIFA..hehe

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2006, 02:21:20 AM »
Well done, Jack, we knew you was innocent :rotfl:

How was he meant to know his son was selling tickets at inflated prices? Its not like Simpauls was advertising their tickets in the newspapers and on TV and on the radio and on the internet.  ::)  :rotfl:

UK-based: BBC 1 and bbc.co.uk will be showing a follow-up documentary (entitled "What Happened Next?") featuring the man himself on Sunday at 2215.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2006, 02:27:06 AM by Ryan »

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2006, 05:00:45 AM »
 :bs: :bs:......ssstteeeeeuupppsss.....mih ent even know why ah vex....is not like he was going to be punished by FIFA..... ::)......continue to lick Sepp Blatter bamse Jack....it been working so far

But ole people say.....day does run till night catch up to it....

"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2006, 05:10:17 AM »
"I know that, especially in my country, there will be those who will be disappointed with the results of the Fifa investigation and its decision and will no doubt make other attempts to tarnish my character and good name."

Jack is the man yes....

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2006, 06:38:22 AM »
"I know that, especially in my country, there will be those who will be disappointed with the results of the Fifa investigation and its decision and will no doubt make other attempts to tarnish my character and good name."

Jack is the man yes....

Well I tell you, this man Jackula real bold-faced yes! Why should attempts to show folks what you really getting up be classed as attempts to tarnish my character and good name.
If someone fabricates something then I'm in agreement with your statement Jack but if someone is simply investigating and pointing out facts and figures and certain conflicts of interest, why would that tarnish your character unless you have really done something in the dark that will really make you look bad when it comes to light! Boy this proves to me that Jackular loves to operate in the dark but hates the glare of daylight when folks will see him for what he is ah bloody-vampire!!  :devil:
« Last Edit: December 07, 2006, 06:49:57 AM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2006, 07:08:01 AM »
How many  (In) famous 'Jacks' do you know? leh meh see:

1. Jack of AllTrades

2. Jack Sprat

3.Jack Arse

4.Jack in Dbox

5.Jack Off

6. Jack Ripper
7. Jack B. Nimble
8.Jack B. Quick

Any from TNT? Any more Jacks? ummmm...

Offline marcpurcell

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2006, 08:25:11 AM »
You supposed to be surprised that Jack got cleared? We all know what he did but Fifa as usual turned a blind eye.
Born in Montreal
Living in Toronto
But still a Barataria boy at heart

Offline fishs

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2006, 08:28:14 AM »

But what I can't understand is why fifa can't see the incredible hit their creditability taking everytime they protect Jack.

Offline marcpurcell

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2006, 08:34:46 AM »

But what I can't understand is why fifa can't see the incredible hit their creditability taking everytime they protect Jack.

Mafia will always protect it's own.  ;D. But seriously, we will all forget this when the Champions league is playing or when the Gold Cup is on. That is what we care about.
Born in Montreal
Living in Toronto
But still a Barataria boy at heart

Offline fishs

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2006, 08:36:27 AM »

Mafia will always protect it's own.  ;D. But seriously, we will all forget this when the Champions league is playing or when the Gold Cup is on. That is what we care about.

Yeh, but elections coming round again for dem. Ah guess even bigger deals will be made.

Offline breezers

• Hero Warrior
  • he who rise against poor ppl shal perish in d end
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2006, 08:55:47 AM »

1. Jack of AllTrades

2. Jack Sprat

3.Jack Arse

4.Jack in Dbox

5.Jack Off

6. Jack Ripper
7. Jack B. Nimble
8.Jack B. Quick

Jack Public ??? ???

:rotfl: :beermug: :beermug: :rotfl:
Soca Warriors, Holland And Barcelona,
BIG BIG TEAMS!!!!

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2006, 09:16:54 AM »
FIFA come like "Two Gun" Crowley in "How to Win Friends & Influence People" :devil: :devil:
this is how we get treated for running FIFA the way we want.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2006, 09:19:17 AM by RedHowler »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
  • Life. Passion. FOOTBALL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2006, 03:22:46 PM »

1. Jack of AllTrades

2. Jack Sprat

3.Jack Arse

4.Jack in Dbox

5.Jack Off

6. Jack Ripper
7. Jack B. Nimble
8.Jack B. Quick

New Jack City  :rotfl:

Big Up!
Warrior Nation Member

Forward Thinking does not mean you cannot reflect on the Past!

1]; } ?>