June 16, 2024, 04:08:26 PM

Author Topic: 2nd ODI thread  (Read 3380 times)

Offline Patterson

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
2nd ODI thread
« on: December 07, 2006, 06:35:38 AM »
Pakistyan 92/5 after 31 overs.......required to make 152

Offline Patterson

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: 2nd ODI thread
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2006, 06:58:28 AM »
45 off 84 required   5 wickets in hand

Offline Patterson

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2006, 07:28:41 AM »
15 off 36    3 wickets in hand

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
  • Politics- 90% Personality 10% Principle
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2006, 07:34:35 AM »
IF WE LOSE IT GO BE TIME TO SE HOW LARA MAKE WE LOSE THIS GAME BY THE TEAM HE PIC OR HE FIELD PLACING OR SOMIN..
U GO HEAR
Perhaps the epitome of a Trinidadian is the child in the third row class with a dark skin and crinkly plaits who looks at you out of decidedly Chinese eyes and announces herself as Jacqueline Maharaj.- Merle Hodge

Offline dwolfman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Malvern Sports Club
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2006, 07:41:12 AM »
44.6 Bradshaw to Rehman, no run, fullish delivery outside the off stump, Rehman gets forward and looks to drive it through the covers, edges it to Ramdin, that has been grassed, Ramdin might well have dropped the match here

44.6 Bradshaw to Abdur Rehman, no run, DROPPED! good length delivery outside the off stump with a hint of away swing at the tail end - Rehman is sucked into the drive and the edge is produced. Ramdin diving away to his left grasses a fairly easy chance - what a mess 

44.5 Bradshaw to Inzamam-ul-Haq, 1 no ball, Atrocious. Bradshaw oversteps and Pakistan are just 10 runs away from victory 

147/7 after 46 overs.

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2006, 07:49:57 AM »
ANY ONE SEEING THE GAME? WHAT IS THE FIELD PLACING FOR GAYLE TO DE NUMBERR 9?
Perhaps the epitome of a Trinidadian is the child in the third row class with a dark skin and crinkly plaits who looks at you out of decidedly Chinese eyes and announces herself as Jacqueline Maharaj.- Merle Hodge

Offline Patterson

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2006, 07:54:24 AM »
Pakistan win by 2 wickets....inzamam's unbeaten 42 saved them

Offline dwolfman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Malvern Sports Club
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2006, 07:57:47 AM »
What really saved Pakistan was the small total. It looks like 15 more runs would have put Pakistan under even more pressure. With the start we got I think we did well to get to 151, kudos to Morton and Ramdin for their role in pushing the score to that. After that the team did well in defending the small total. On the match 3.

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2006, 08:03:44 AM »
What really saved Pakistan was the small total. It looks like 15 more runs would have put Pakistan under even more pressure. With the start we got I think we did well to get to 151, kudos to Morton and Ramdin for their role in pushing the score to that. After that the team did well in defending the small total. On the match 3.
SO TRUE EH I KNWO DEY HAVENT BEEN ABLE TO PRACTISE FOR A WHILE.
ALSO EVEN PAKISTAN FOUND IT HARD ON THAT PITCH TO MAKE RUNS
ONE OTHER THING TO CONSIDER WE HAD WHAT 3 OR 4 RUN OUTS
DAT WAS CRUCIAL ALSO

TrinInfinite

« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2006, 09:21:26 AM »
good experiment by lara, i expect to see mohammed in the next match, highest score for samuels in 3 months or more, still a shithound...

Offline dwolfman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Malvern Sports Club
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2006, 09:47:20 AM »
allyuh realise Collymore 10 overs went for 19 runs? Plus he took 3 wickets.

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2006, 10:02:32 AM »
allyuh realise Collymore 10 overs went for 19 runs? Plus he took 3 wickets.

collymore is a boss. in the press, pak has accorded him the highest praise and most respect out of all the WI bowlers.

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2006, 11:28:44 AM »
AH GLAD TO SEE SMAUELS put his head down n make some runs...
must admit morton suprise meh but then aain his style and aplication more suited this situation. on a good abtting pitch i eh sur ehow much of a assest he will be.
hope simmons get ah next chance to play again and that samuels conitnue to use the opportunites he getting to make runs
SEE DE MAN GET AN OPPORTUNITY N MAKE runs
i wish him all de best
fire for those who eh like him

Offline ann3boys

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2006, 12:10:31 PM »
 :'( :'( :'(
we lost again..boo hoo

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2006, 12:14:45 PM »
:'( :'( :'(
we lost again..boo hoo
hope we eh lose d e momentum that we had built up during the icc and the indian tour of the WI.
winning is additive..
so we need to get back on that boat now..
dais ah habit we cant afford to stop

Offline dwolfman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Malvern Sports Club
« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2006, 01:55:53 PM »
must admit morton suprise meh but then aain his style and aplication more suited this situation. on a good abtting pitch i eh sur ehow much of a assest he will be.
hope simmons get ah next chance to play again and that samuels conitnue to use the opportunites he getting to make runs
i wish him all de best

I'm sorry, but 37 is hardly making runs. Granted it was the second highest score in our innings and 3rd highest in the match, but we should expect more than 37 before we celebrate it. That is a mediocre score with a slow strike rate. I'm taking nothing away from his performance, but to call it making runs is a bit much.

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2006, 03:23:30 PM »
i wish him all de best

I'm sorry, but 37 is hardly making runs. Granted it was the second highest score in our innings and 3rd highest in the match, but we should expect more than 37 before we celebrate it. That is a mediocre score with a slow strike rate. I'm taking nothing away from his performance, but to call it making runs is a bit much.
look at in in the context of de game bro.. de pitch wasnt very condusive to batting.
so he did make runs....
if ti was a very good batting pitch then no it would have been mediocre, i aint celebratign it....it is what is is
 a fine performance from someoen who hasnt ben in god form
an din de circumstances did just fine

Offline dervaig

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2006, 07:19:08 PM »
No one mentioned duck for Gayle, and duck for Simmons.

Where is Chanders?

Offline dwolfman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Malvern Sports Club
« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2006, 09:13:21 AM »
look at in in the context of de game bro.. de pitch wasnt very condusive to batting.
so he did make runs....
if ti was a very good batting pitch then no it would have been mediocre, i aint celebratign it....it is what is is
It was a solid performance, nothing more. The pitch wasn't a minefield or anything like that. Ramdin and Morton batted much more freely showing that it came down to application (as it so often does). Samuels can do better and while his batting performance was better than most on the day I still expect more of an international cricketer. Who don't like that then so be it.

Gayle and Simmons weren't the only batsmen to fail. I want to see how Simmons does as the series progresses, if he's still in the team. Frankly I don't think he should be there, but the selectors do so he needs to justify it now.

TrinInfinite

« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2006, 10:23:33 AM »
so he did make runs....
It was a solid performance, nothing more. The pitch wasn't a minefield or anything like that. Ramdin and Morton batted much more freely showing that it came down to application (as it so often does). Samuels can do better and while his batting performance was better than most on the day I still expect more of an international cricketer. Who don't like that then so be it.

Gayle and Simmons weren't the only batsmen to fail. I want to see how Simmons does as the series progresses, if he's still in the team. Frankly I don't think he should be there, but the selectors do so he needs to justify it now.

i like simmons but pollard i should i say is the bess youth allrounder and perkins is another potentially devastating batsman, the west indies have a bright future, not to mention darren bravo, jason mohammed and narine, tt have an all star team in the making for the future...

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 08, 2006, 03:32:43 PM »
i wish him all de best

context: with gayle and simmons gone in the 1st over, samuels and ganga were effectively opening. goes some ways in explaining the low strike rate for samuels.

1]; } ?>