March 28, 2024, 03:16:20 PM

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T U-20 vs Jamaica U-20 game  (Read 17784 times)

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for the T&T U-20 vs Jamaica U-20 game
« Reply #90 on: December 07, 2006, 10:18:30 PM »
Was at the game tonight and first of all lemme tell allyuh, We should play every national game in the Mannie, first time i ever felt i was part of a partizan crowd of trinis, we were noisy and rowdy and maybe it was becuase were were playing JA i dunno but wow the atmosphere for a semi full covered stand on a rainy Thursday was something i've never experienced.

Anyways the game, now i've seen this U-20 team play before and I have been harsh on them and their play but tonight people, tonight was different. I eh go lie i feel for dem fellas tonight, dey fight dey fight dey fight we cheered them on they fought some more they willed themselves tonight and just couldnt come up with the equalizer, if you see the pain on their faces after the final whistle,  young abu bakr lead from the front and played with great heart. No doubt if nothing else Brian Williams has instilled a real sense of pride in these players that no level of technical and tactical knowledge can outshine. They made mistakes, the usual technical deficiencies that prevalent at all levels of our national programs but i wont even go into too much detail about that.

Like most other tournaments i beg to keep these bunch of players and Brian Williams together, i believe his plan was a good one tonight. But sometimes you need that little bit extra from somewhere, the crowd did their part, the referee sure did his part to make sure we didnt go through and well the j'can team well i dunno teams do what they need to do to get ahead and stay ahead, if your goalkeeper is injured and there are no subsitutes then the referee should give the keeper a specific time to recover from a knock otherwise he must leave the field cause the j'can keeper couldnt even stand up for the last 10 minutes of the match, killed any momentum we had in the final raids but regardless i wont take away from jamaica, they did what they needed to do.
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline swood

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: December 07, 2006, 11:11:23 PM »
Ok...I know it's not Secondary School's Football (although there are a some schools football players on the team)

Pictures and video clips of the T&T vs Jamaica game up on www.schoolsoccernet.com

Cheers

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: December 07, 2006, 11:40:58 PM »
nice job s.wood :beermug:

Offline superoli

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: December 08, 2006, 05:35:53 AM »
How the hell did that man not get a red card for that elbow ?
Superoli for President of TTFF
I have one promise...........
A professional organization for professional players

Offline Toussaint

• Hero Warrior
  • ...l'arbre de la liberte des noirs.
    • View Profile
    • Haiti Spors
« Reply #94 on: December 08, 2006, 06:48:59 AM »
I did warn you guys about Jamaica's ability to kill a match. That's why I said TnT were supposed to play in Kingston with the same intensity that they would play at home.

Jamaica2099, you earn your bragging right. Make good use of it. Don't get carried away and put the strongest caribbean u-20 in the mix. Jack may decide to punish you and move you to Haiti's group or simply order SKN to beat you in Mexico City ;D Jack can work magic, brother :angel: yes, he can :angel:
« Last Edit: December 08, 2006, 06:52:13 AM by Toussaint »
...l'arbre de la liberte des noirs.

Offline lickslikefire

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: December 08, 2006, 07:58:30 AM »
Ok...I know it's not Secondary School's Football (although there are a some schools football players on the team)

Pictures and video clips of the T&T vs Jamaica game up on www.schoolsoccernet.com

Cheers

Thanks as usual breds...

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: December 08, 2006, 09:44:34 AM »
I did warn you guys about Jamaica's ability to kill a match. That's why I said TnT were supposed to play in Kingston with the same intensity that they would play at home.

Jamaica2099, you earn your bragging right. Make good use of it. Don't get carried away and put the strongest caribbean u-20 in the mix. Jack may decide to punish you and move you to Haiti's group or simply order SKN to beat you in Mexico City ;D Jack can work magic, brother :angel: yes, he can :angel:
;D Nothing surprises me anymore with format changes by Jack Warner; especially with Boneless Boxhill still ruining Jamaica's football. And what strongest team: Jamaica will be the weakest team in the group come next year.
jjbrown

Offline Toussaint

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Haiti Spors
« Reply #97 on: December 10, 2006, 01:40:47 PM »
I guess Jamaica just won fair and square the right to be the next Caribean team to receive a beating from Mexico.  :angel: Congrats, fellow north caribbean neighbours.
Fair and square after seven minute injury time.  ??? ??? And expect a beating from the US and Guatemala and Panama.  :devil:

I doubt it. Haiti just hired Argentinian coach Claudio Freiran to take our U-20 through the next level. Claudio is currently enjoying great successes with Haitian club Don Bosco, which just won Haiti's Super 8 Cup.

Don't worry, we will make you proud in the next U-20 WC ;)
« Last Edit: December 10, 2006, 01:42:52 PM by Toussaint »

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: December 10, 2006, 02:37:41 PM »
I guess Jamaica just won fair and square the right to be the next Caribean team to receive a beating from Mexico.  :angel: Congrats, fellow north caribbean neighbours.
Fair and square after seven minute injury time.  ??? ??? And expect a beating from the US and Guatemala and Panama.  :devil:

I doubt it. Haiti just hired Argentinian coach Claudio Freiran to take our U-20 through the next level. Claudio is currently enjoying great successes with Haitian club Don Bosco, which just won Haiti's Super 8 Cup.

I hope your U-20 Haitian team don't stumble in the final round like the last time after they beat the U-20 REGGAE BOYZ.
jjbrown

Offline Toussaint

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Haiti Spors
« Reply #99 on: December 10, 2006, 04:09:30 PM »

I hope your U-20 Haitian team don't stumble in the final round like the last time after they beat the U-20 REGGAE BOYZ.
  ;D You know us.

1]; } ?>