March 29, 2024, 01:36:32 AM

Author Topic: Prison reform through football  (Read 1418 times)

Offline Bally

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Prison reform through football
« on: December 08, 2006, 07:18:33 PM »
Prison reform through football
By Shaun Fuentes

The Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation has embarked on a partnership with the Trinidad and Tobago Prison Services in an attempt to revive the passion for the game among prison staff and inmates.

The first step in this venture is the staging of a “D” license coaching course which is being overseen by technical director Lincoln Phillips. The course started at the Prison Grounds, Arouca on December 4 and runs until December 13.

According to Phillips, the purpose of the collaborated effort is to help equip participants (officers) who are interested in coaching football with the necessary knowledge in the art and science of coaching and the opportunity to obtain an accredited “D” coaching license.

“More than the attempt to revive the interest, this is also to encourage successful participants to utilize this knowledge gained and license acquired to begin coaching in prison as well as the youth in their respective communities,” Phillips told TTFF Media.

The Course Objectives

TO PREPARE COACHES WORKING WITH PLAYERS 10-13 YEARS OF AGE BY EXPANDING THEIR KNOWLEDGE AND UNDERSTANDING OF THE TECHNICAL AND TACTICAL DEMENDS OF THE GAME AND THE DEVELOPMENT PROCESS NECESSARY FOR THE PLAYERS OF THESE AGES

TO PROVIDE AN UNDERSTANDING OF PRACTICAL COACHING METHODS AND FRAMEWORK NECESSARY TO PREPARE PLAYERS AND A TEAM FOR COMPETITION.

TO PREPARE COACHES FOR WHOM THIS REPRESENTS THEIR FINAL COACHING COURSE BEFORE THE TTFF NATIONAL “C”  LEVEL COACHING LICENSE
« Last Edit: December 08, 2006, 07:50:10 PM by Tallman »
Empty barrels make the most noise

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: PRISON REFORM THROUGH FOOTBALL PRISON REFORM THROUGH FOOTBALL
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2006, 07:23:26 PM »
Daiz we idea ,lol atleast they reading the forum
http://www.socawarriors.net/forum/index.php?topic=18494.30              reply 40
« Last Edit: December 08, 2006, 07:40:26 PM by CV:5 »

TrinInfinite

Re: Prison reform through football
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2006, 02:24:19 PM »
they take my idea yes, ttff not easy boy, at least ah glad my idea will help some of we breddas who on lockdown :beermug:

God is de BOSS...

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2006, 12:29:22 PM »
they take my idea yes, ttff not easy boy, at least ah glad my idea will help some of we breddas who on lockdown :beermug:

God is de BOSS...

so what you expect ?...you ever hearone original idea or statement on football from oliver camps ?

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2006, 09:02:05 PM »
How can someone sign up for this? It a lil to late for me to have any meaningful football career.....buh i like the coaching aspect of it. I always wanted to do a coaching course cuz you hadda start somewhere.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2006, 11:50:09 PM »
good ole days ah sharing beat in ytc :rotfl:
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline trinidad badboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2006, 01:40:53 AM »

good idea, would like to see it work out  :beermug:

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2006, 03:55:54 PM »
i kno nuff men who is real death but lock up

the question is posed thus

would a relly good prisoner stand a chance at making wims team?
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

1]; } ?>