March 29, 2024, 09:58:28 AM

Author Topic: New pound note to be introduced at Stamford Bridge on Sunday  (Read 1258 times)

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
New pound note to be introduced at Stamford Bridge on Sunday
« on: December 07, 2006, 10:23:36 PM »
this one is really funny, i think the fine print at the bottom is an excerpt from his new book :rotfl:

http://arseblog.com/BANKNOTES.pdf

Offline SOBRIQUET

• Hero Warrior
  • Intercol Champion 94' w/ Princes Town
    • View Profile
Mourinho chides Wenger ahead of Bridge meeting
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2006, 05:40:40 PM »
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=395009&cc=5901

Updated: Dec. 8, 2006

Mourinho chides Wenger ahead of Bridge meeting

Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho has launched a thinly-veiled attack on old rival Arsene Wenger's tactical ability ahead of Sunday's match against Arsenal at Stamford Bridge.

When asked if he was jealous of Arsenal's free-flowing brand of football, compared to Chelsea's elegantly industrial approach, Mourinho scoffed at the suggestion, mocking Arsenal's frailty that sees them languishing ten points behind Chelsea, despite having scored as many goals as the reigning Premiership champions.

Mourinho said: 'We are a team adapted to the reality, which is why Arsenal cannot beat Bolton at Bolton and why Chelsea under me have played three matches and got three victories at Bolton with zero goals conceded.

'For my concept of football, the best football is the football adapted to the circumstances.

'You cannot play against Bolton at Bolton the same you play at home against Watford. My feeling is that some teams and some managers play every game with the same philosophy, with the same game principles and with the same game strategy.

'Sometimes they beat someone 6-0 and sometimes they lose a game they shouldn't lose.'

Arsenal lost 3-1 away to Bolton two weeks ago, after Wenger had criticised Sam Allardyce's side's forthright style following previous encounters between the two teams, who many consider to be at opposite ends of the attractive football spectrum.

Mourinho continued: 'One of the strengths in football teams is to adapt to different realities which is what I am trying to do with Chelsea in England and Chelsea in Europe. Chelsea cannot play in Europe the same way it plays in England.

'We've played some matches at home with three defenders; we've finished some games with five players in attack. So Chelsea is an attacking team but adapted to the reality. Against Bolton if you don't defend as we did in the last 15 minutes, you have no chance.'

Asked if he would like to emulate the eye-catching football of Arsenal's 'Invincibles' of three seasons ago, when the Gunners went through an entire Premiership campaign unbeaten, Mourinho replied: 'Pretty when they were champions without defeat, yes. Not pretty when they finish fourth, not pretty when they had to win their last game to qualify for the Champions League.' 

:challenge: :challenge: :challenge: :challenge: :challenge: :challenge: :challenge: :challenge: :challenge: :challenge:
« Last Edit: December 08, 2006, 05:44:50 PM by SOBRIQUET »
...with Blacksmith, Dogfoot, Jurawan and dem

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: New pound note to be introduced at Stamford Bridge on Sunday
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2006, 09:13:50 PM »
Murinho know he wish he side could play pretty ball. Because that is where the legend gets built. Not on wins alone, but on great wins.

Personally, i prefer to watch Arsenal play 4th place ball than Chelsea play epl Champions ball. And I am a Chelsea fan. I still vex they fire Ranieri, the man never win the league, but the brand was pleasing to watch.

Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline Tongue

• Hero Warrior
  • Blue is the Colour.....Chelsea Chelsea Chelsea
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2006, 10:44:22 PM »
U play to win the game. leh Wenger and he boys keep knockin and lookin nice nice
« Last Edit: December 09, 2006, 10:46:45 PM by Ent! »

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2006, 06:09:35 AM »
COME ON GUNNARS lol

i need dem fuking blues to slip up

Offline Ponnoxx

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2006, 07:51:23 AM »
Chelsea will beat that....Mourinho is a boss...he done make Arsenal unstable with that comment

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2006, 10:33:21 AM »
U play to win the game. leh Wenger and he boys keep knockin and lookin nice nice

Thing is eh, as a fan of a team, yuh doh care how they look (to a point) as long as they winning. But as a casual fan, who just want to watch a good game on a weekend. After a while, yuh go turn off the TV when the games boring. Which is why men does talk in this forum about Man?U and Barca, and not Fulham or Gimnastic
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2006, 11:06:54 AM »

Thing is eh, as a fan of a team, yuh doh care how they look (to a point) as long as they winning. But as a casual fan, who just want to watch a good game on a weekend. After a while, yuh go turn off the TV when the games boring. Which is why men does talk in this forum about Man?U and Barca, and not Fulham or Gimnastic

;D  Very true, sir, that one had meh laughin'. But, as a Jose/Chelea supporter, I will point out to the critics that even though they do frustrate me at times, Chelsea don't exactly play like Fulham or Gimnastic...or even some of the more boring teams in the Italian league.  They do play some very attractive football (as they are today, but ass-n'-all are absorbing the pressure and defending very well) but I do wish they would be a little more forceful in attack when in possession.

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

1]; } ?>