March 29, 2024, 05:45:19 AM

Author Topic: Allyuh know that we REAAAL lucky  (Read 740 times)

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Allyuh know that we REAAAL lucky
« on: December 12, 2006, 05:23:33 AM »
Check dis...

Our senior MNT has qualified for a WC and done pretty well, better than most would have expected to be honest. We were not over run at any point really. The core of that team remains intact for the next few years, so we lucky for that.

But what is going on with all the other age groups fo our football?

Historically, we have been whipping boys for CONCACAF at youth level (except the 1990 team that qualified for Portugal 91). I am now seeing that we cannot even get out of the Caribbean zones and into the final CONCACAF zones anymore. maybe we have to start back petitioning to host these zones again like in the past, it may be our only way back to that level.
Even when we do make it to the likes of Costa Rica and the USA, it is not uncommon to get a breezy 5 in we kankalang.

Besides the U17 win vs jamaica a couple months ago, I think we have lost like 8 in a row vs jamaica at all levels (senior, club, U20, U17 and the U15 competitions, even the all star schooboys, who I think have never even beaten the Ja schoolboys in the last 3 years).

Nobody has lambasted the health of our football more than me over the last year, even during our germany hype, which I still maintain is a very deceiving smoke screen for reality. It seems that in years gone by, we were consistently better at all levels when we were were not qualifying for the WC!

So taking that into consideration (the health of our football at all levels excluding the senior MNT), it seems a minor miracle that T&T has actually qualified for a WC at this time.

I hope we dont live on this hype for the next 2 years, cause to be honest, we could be heading for further trouble. I looking at our first round group in the Digicel Cup, and still maintain that T&T should very easily qualify for the Gold Cup, but if we stick, we could get some serious grief.

I am very confident that our first choice MNT team is by far the best in the region, and perhaps in the top 3 or 4 in CONCACAF, but after this team, the gap and difference in quality is very worrying.

Thank God for Germany 2006, cause based on merit and football health, we are very very lucky have gotten a very good coach to bring out the best in some of our players and make the qualification drive.

1]; } ?>