April 26, 2024, 02:03:26 PM

Author Topic: Who is the greatest cricketer of all-time?  (Read 2053 times)

Offline RRamdin

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Who is the greatest cricketer of all-time?
« on: December 11, 2006, 07:03:55 AM »
My mate keeps on asking me if I reckon Shane Warne is the greatest cricketer of all-time. For me Sir Gary Sobers is the greatest simply because I do not believe there will be a cricketer like him again. A batsman they say just like Brian Lara, one of the best left-arm seam bowlers, could bowl china-man and also was a very good fielder. He defines the word all-rounder, he could do everything.

TrinInfinite

Re: Who is the greatest cricketer of all-time?
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2006, 09:25:27 AM »
Sir Garfield Sobers, world renound fielder, batsman and spinner, medium pacer and paceman, as the cricket show has stated with tony greig, chappelle and holding, sobers was and is the greatest all-rounder in the history of the game, even chappelle would pick sobers over bradman, he said it himself..  :beermug:

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2006, 11:14:50 AM »
sobers is a good choice.

Offline Remie

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2006, 01:41:32 PM »
I agree that the greatest cricketer of all time has to be an all rounder, somebody that was both a world class batsman and a world class bowler but i dont really comment on players ive never seen enough of to judge so i cant say on this one. But Sobers does seem to be the obvious choice when going for a world class all rounder going on expert opinion and statistics.

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2006, 04:21:14 PM »
Sir Garfield Sobers, world renound fielder, batsman and spinner, medium pacer and paceman, as the cricket show has stated with tony greig, chappelle and holding, sobers was and is the greatest all-rounder in the history of the game, even chappelle would pick sobers over bradman, he said it himself..  :beermug:
that is THE BEST thing you have said in a LONG  ;D time.

did I ever tell allya about the ONLY time I saw Garfield bat?
he got duck   :'( :'( :'( :'(
 ;)
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2006, 05:48:23 PM »

What de hell is dis, ah know de breddah was ah all-rounder, but damn "spinner, medium pacer and paceman". Must be nice tuh be blessed wid all dat talent, yuh cud turn it up any time in ah game. Bless.
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Money doh change we, we are de money changer. But fool if yuh dis, it will surely be danger. Large up de Enterprise and Alliance every time. KROSS KROSS.

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2006, 06:23:18 PM »

What de hell is dis, ah know de breddah was ah all-rounder, but damn "spinner, medium pacer and paceman". Must be nice tuh be blessed wid all dat talent, yuh cud turn it up any time in ah game. Bless.
Supa, you real miss something in Sobers..de best all rounder. 
I played with a guy in Edmonton, born in Guyana, who reminded me of Sobers in everyway. he even played for Canada in cricket.
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2006, 08:38:20 PM »

Supa, you real miss something in Sobers..de best all rounder. 
I played with a guy in Edmonton, born in Guyana, who reminded me of Sobers in everyway. he even played for Canada in cricket.

Yeh boss  ;).
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Money doh change we, we are de money changer. But fool if yuh dis, it will surely be danger. Large up de Enterprise and Alliance every time. KROSS KROSS.

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2006, 11:53:09 PM »
that is THE BEST thing you have said in a LONG  ;D time.

did I ever tell allya about the ONLY time I saw Garfield bat?
he got duck   :'( :'( :'( :'(
 ;)

Was dat the test in Trinidad ah think 69' when he got duck against India ?
I remember his son was born at that time and everybody was saying he should name him Donald.  ;D ;D
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2006, 03:55:27 AM »
 :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
Fishs ya killin meh here man
if dat is de test when Bedi was gettin on bad in de Oval?..dais it oui........1969 so long man?
what I did hear about was de time the Test was in Jamaica, he asked for an Orange Juice and de bartender ask him "Trout Hall?" and he say "nah, leave some in de can" ;D
« Last Edit: December 13, 2006, 05:20:26 AM by RedHowler »
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2006, 04:35:52 AM »
Ah check de records an it was 1971. Dis ole age ting does make yuh make mistake.

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline johnny_ringo

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2006, 04:29:57 PM »
Imran khan, great all rounder plus what he did for his team & country's moral

Offline kaliman2006

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2006, 01:55:11 PM »
Check out this video on Sobers...This video definitely confirms his status as the best allrounder of all time.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=5617967923170823460&q=west+indies+cricket&hl=en

1]; } ?>