April 24, 2024, 05:49:15 AM

Author Topic: T&T starts Digicel Cup training on December 18.  (Read 10407 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
T&T starts Digicel Cup training on December 18.
« on: December 11, 2006, 05:46:26 PM »
By: Shaun Fuentes (TTFF).
[/size]

Trinidad and Tobago head coach Wim Rijsbergen has invited forty-one (41) players based locally and in North America for a five-day training camp later this month ahead of the 2007 Digicel Caribbean Cup.
Rijsbergen, following a recent scouting exercise in South Carolina, has indicated that he has opened the doors to several of the players based in the T&T Pro League for the camp before selecting a 20-man squad later in the month for final preparations before T&T’s opening fixture with Barbados on January 12.
The list of invited players includes midfielder Silvio Spann, Densill Theobald, Aurtis Whitley, Anthony Wolfe and Cyd Gray, all part of the originally selected 2006 World Cup squad. Also in there is Kansas City Wizards striker Scott Sealy as well as former national midfielder Leslie Fizpatrick and ex-National Under 20 captain Makan Hislop.
Rijsbergen emphasized the selection of the locally-based players for the camp which runs from December 18-22 at the Ato Boldon Stadium.
“We are always looking at and seeing what the foreign-based players can do. We have also seen several matches in the local Pro League with a lot of players who we have invited now to be part of the training. We also have some of the players who we saw in the North American camp and they can all show us what they have on the field and whether they can be part of the twenty-man or eighteen-man squad for the Digicel Cup,” Rijsbergen told TTFF Media.
“We will finalize the group for the tournament and then train later in the year and of course in January before the tournament starts.”
Among some of the other names called include the trio from 2006 TT Pro League champions Joe Public – Gary Glasgow, Seon Power and Terrance McAllister. The other names coming out of the US camp are Abiola Clarence, Darryl Roberts, Osei Telesford, Keeron Benito, Darren Toby and Terrence Williams. Both Telesford and Roberts have trained with the national team before while Clarence and Benito are ex-St Anthony’s College players and Toby is a past member of St Clair Coaching School.
“The development process continues even though there may not be any matches taking place for the national team at this time. We continue to see the players that are on show here and of course there is the Under 17s preparing for the CONCACAF Finals next year and from this group of players we have now, the players will have a chance to get into the Olympic team for more qualifying games,” Rijsbergen added.
With the four top teams advancing to the 2007 CONCACAF Gold Cup, T&T will open its Digicel Cup campaign against the “Bajans” at the Hasely Crawford Stadium and follow up against Martinique on January 15 and then two days later against the winner of Group J (Bermuda, Dominican Repubic, Haiti) which will be contested in Trinidad from January 5-9.

Players invited:

Osei Telesford (Liberty University), Darryl Roberts (Liberty University), Leslie Fitzpatrick (free agent), Darren Toby (Charleston College), Keeron Benito (University of Tampa), Terrence Williams (Lipscomb University), Abiola Clarence (University of Incarnate Word), Anthony Noreiga (Vancouver Whitecaps), Scott Sealy (Kansas City Wizards), Makan Hislop (University of South Carolina), Daurance Williams, Keyeno Thomas, Ian Gray, Marcelle Francois, Nigel Daniel, Glenton Wolfe, Kerry Baptiste, Aurtis Whitely, Trent Noel, Jason Marcano, Anthony Wofe, Cyd Gray (CL Financial San Juan Jabloteh);  Marvin Phillip (Starworld Strikers); Kerwyn Jemmott (Superstar Rangers); Kevon Carter, Christian Baptiste (Defence Force); Tristan Charles, Sylvester Teesdale, Kevon Clement (United Petrotrin); Seon Power, Terrance McAllister, Gary Glasgow (Joe Public); Conrad Smith, Densill Theobald, Nigel Pierre, Hayden Tinto (Caledonia AIA); Dwayne Jack, Kwame Wiltshire (Tobago United); Jan Michael Williams, Nicholson Thomas, Silvio Spann (W Connection).
« Last Edit: December 11, 2006, 05:51:51 PM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: T&T starts Digicel Cup training on December 18.
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2006, 05:55:27 PM »
By: Shaun Fuentes (TTFF).
[/size]

Osei Telesford (Liberty University), Darryl Roberts (Liberty University), Leslie Fitzpatrick (free agent), Darren Toby (Charleston College), Keeron Benito (University of Tampa), Terrence Williams (Lipscomb University), Abiola Clarence (University of Incarnate Word), Anthony Noreiga (Vancouver Whitecaps), Scott Sealy (Kansas City Wizards), Makan Hislop (University of South Carolina), Daurance Williams, Keyeno Thomas, Ian Gray, Marcelle Francois, Nigel Daniel, Glenton Wolfe, Kerry Baptiste, Aurtis Whitely, Trent Noel, Jason Marcano, Anthony Wofe, Cyd Gray (CL Financial San Juan Jabloteh);  Marvin Phillip (Starworld Strikers); Kerwyn Jemmott (Superstar Rangers); Kevon Carter, Christian Baptiste (Defence Force); Tristan Charles, Sylvester Teesdale, Kevon Clement (United Petrotrin); Seon Power, Terrance McAllister, Gary Glasgow (Joe Public); Conrad Smith, Densill Theobald, Nigel Pierre, Hayden Tinto (Caledonia AIA); Dwayne Jack, Kwame Wiltshire (Tobago United); Jan Michael Williams, Nicholson Thomas, Silvio Spann (W Connection).

Ok TI the man doing his job yuh see  .. he invite yuh boy. and the whole ah CL and a few new local players
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2006, 06:19:28 PM »
ah bettin ah hundred jemmot eh makin de squad and I dont nearly doubt his skill, I just know he will manage to be as reliably unreliable as ever.

my favoured hopefulls are Abiola Clarence, Leslie Fitzpatrick, Hislop, Daniels, Aurtis, Tinto, Spann and yes indeed... im hoping for Hardest.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2006, 06:24:34 PM by Jefferz »
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2006, 06:34:01 PM »
Jabloteh Run Tings boy lol

Offline Dr. Rat

• Licks Pass!!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2006, 06:37:48 PM »
ah bettin ah hundred jemmot eh makin de squad and I dont nearly doubt his skill, I just know he will manage to be as reliably unreliable as ever.

my favoured hopefulls are Abiola Clarence, Leslie Fitzpatrick, Hislop, Daniels, Aurtis, Tinto, Spann and yes indeed... im hoping for Hardest.

When yuh starting school in the States?
PNM in yuh mudda-in-law

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2006, 06:43:06 PM »
wey jai john.

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2006, 06:43:33 PM »

When yuh starting school in the States?

not too sure possibly sometime next year after summer.
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline lickslikefire

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2006, 06:47:21 PM »
makan hislop finally get a bligh....it's about time....I real hoping fuh dis man....

Offline Tongue

• Hero Warrior
  • Blue is the Colour.....Chelsea Chelsea Chelsea
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2006, 07:06:27 PM »
we must give all thanks, props and whatever yuh want tuh call it to TI for calling out and getting immediate response from the Coach.....

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2006, 07:35:24 PM »
Good luck to Hardest..

but my expectations ent high..  good lkuck though

Offline trinbago

• Hero Warrior
  • Warrior For Life !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2006, 07:43:20 PM »
TI...yuh better make sure and talk to yuh boy...matter of fact yuh should call him everyday to make sure he attending training.. :beermug:
Warrior For Life !!

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2006, 08:11:19 PM »
Age and caps of the invitees

NameAgeCaps
Nigel Pierre
Cyd Gray
Keyeno Thomas
Densill Theobald
Gary Glasgow
Kerwyn Jemmott
Aurtis Whitely
Silvio Spann
Leslie Fitzpatrick
Scott Sealy
Nigel Daniel
Conrad Smith
Daurance Williams
Kerry Baptiste
Trent Noel
Jan-Michael Williams
Anthony Wolfe
Ian Gray
Anthony Noreiga
Glenton Wolfe
Dwayne Jack
??
Kevon Clement
??
Nicholson Thomas
??
Kevon Carter
??
Darryl Roberts
Osei Telesford
Darren Toby
??
Keeron Benito
Terrence Williams
Abiola Clarence
Makan Hislop
Marcelle Francois
??
Jason Marcano
??
Marvin Phillips
??
Christian Baptiste
??
Tristan Charles
Sylvester Teesdale
??
Seon Power
??
Terrance McAllister
Hayden Tinto
??
Kwame Wiltshire
« Last Edit: December 12, 2006, 11:14:00 AM by Tallman »
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2006, 08:27:16 PM »

cyd so old boy
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2006, 08:34:29 PM »
Average age of about 25. ( From the ages quoted) Training starting 18th.......Digicel cup starting 31 January......so lets assume its about a maximum of 40 days ( if so much.) Safe to assume we have a right to take the cup? Maybe even look to improving in Gold Cup as well?
The only excuse that could be touted is lack of foreign based. Time should not be a factor, the men that are called were selected by wim himself so he should know how much work needs to be done. Any problems?
« Last Edit: December 11, 2006, 10:28:49 PM by Bourbon »
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2006, 08:36:46 PM »

cyd so old boy
There is an issue as to whether he was born in 1973 or 1976. So the youngest he could be is 30.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2006, 08:39:49 PM »

cyd so old boy
There is an issue as to whether he was born in 1973 or 1976. So the youngest he could be is 30.

:D

good to see Noreiga not forgotten as well.

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2006, 08:40:38 PM »
nO Toussaint

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2006, 08:50:12 PM »

cyd so old boy

Yeh, I and all was surprise dey 2. Ah guess he just have tuh stay fit and sharp, cuz we go need his experience fuh 2010 WCQ. It sad we might have tuh depend on ah defender dat old, or any other player in dat age group when 2010 come around. Say wah, we just have tuh work wid it, and give thanks. Bless.
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Money doh change we, we are de money changer. But fool if yuh dis, it will surely be danger. Large up de Enterprise and Alliance every time. KROSS KROSS.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2006, 09:09:08 PM »
Hardestttttttttttt. Christmas come early for Ti. Now your wuk is to make sure the man at training. Seriously if Hardest mess up this time I eh even want to hear about him on this site. I eh say the man go make the squad but at leasthe needs to turn up and be counted.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2006, 09:25:28 PM »

cyd so old boy

Yeh, I and all was surprise dey 2. Ah guess he just have tuh stay fit and sharp, cuz we go need his experience fuh 2010 WCQ. It sad we might have tuh depend on ah defender dat old, or any other player in dat age group when 2010 come around. Say wah, we just have tuh work wid it, and give thanks. Bless.

well dey could put edwards at right back and use josh johnson ,tinto or shakes in that right wing position

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2006, 09:37:37 PM »
How difficult to get Cyd real age? I cyah believe it
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

truetrini

« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2006, 09:45:43 PM »
If hardest turn up fpr training HE GUARANTEED A PICK!

He really is one ah de best but he attitude???  Hope dat shit change oui.

Offline Bally

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2006, 09:49:37 PM »
If hardest turn up fpr training HE GUARANTEED A PICK!

He really is one ah de best but he attitude???  Hope dat shit change oui.
This is his last chance I hope he takes it a run with it good luck that’s a nice player pool I wise all the player good luck
Empty barrels make the most noise

Offline black chinee

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2006, 11:07:49 PM »
Any body know wah happen tuh Julius James?

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 11, 2006, 11:20:52 PM »

cyd so old boy

well dey could put edwards at right back and use josh johnson ,tinto or shakes in that right wing position

Triniman, ah agree wid yuh suggestion about Edwards, but dem other 3 players, ah eh sure if dey ready, or if dey will be ready fuh dat stage. Of course is early days still, and men have nuff time tuh improve. So best of luck tuh de youths dem. Bless.
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Money doh change we, we are de money changer. But fool if yuh dis, it will surely be danger. Large up de Enterprise and Alliance every time. KROSS KROSS.

Offline trinidad badboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 11, 2006, 11:25:43 PM »

cyd so old boy

i now saying that same ting  :rotfl:

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 11, 2006, 11:29:13 PM »

Finally some work.

The mobile phone question " Is it too late ?"

I am Wimps biggest fan.
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 11, 2006, 11:48:33 PM »
Any body know wah happen tuh Julius James?

he couldnt make it to the camp so wim aint get to see de best defender in de world :'(
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

TrinInfinite

« Reply #28 on: December 12, 2006, 12:25:09 AM »
meh breddah make it, ah happy, he go turn up some men in this training exercise for sure... :beermug:

God is de BOSS...

TrinInfinite

Out of the 40, the 18 Players who are the deadliest and most skillful!
« Reply #29 on: December 12, 2006, 12:41:08 AM »
Listed below are the 18 I feel will make the biggest impact, I am surprised to see no jaggy, touissant, pacheco or clyde dey, however some standouts will be kwame wiltshire, Hardest, Hislop, Spann and Fitzpatrick....

My starting eleven is as follows:

Phillips

cyd gray                                                       daniel

Hislop               fitzpatrick

Theobald

spann            whitley        Wiltshire            Hardest           

Baptiste

subs: wiltshire, sealy, noel, jack and tinto                         

Leslie Fitzpatrick (free agent), Scott Sealy (Kansas City Wizards), Makan Hislop (University of South Carolina),  Nigel Daniel,  Kerry Baptiste, Aurtis Whitely, Trent Noel, Jason Marcano, Anthony Wofe, Cyd Gray (CL Financial San Juan Jabloteh);  Marvin Phillip (Starworld Strikers); Kerwyn Jemmott (Superstar Rangers);  Densill Theobald, Hayden Tinto (Caledonia AIA); Dwayne Jack, Kwame Wiltshire (Tobago United); Jan Michael Williams,  Silvio Spann (W Connection).

God is de BOSS....
« Last Edit: December 12, 2006, 12:44:34 AM by TrinInfinite »

1]; } ?>