April 28, 2024, 07:33:21 AM

Author Topic: South Africa Await Warriors  (Read 1909 times)

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
South Africa Await Warriors
« on: December 14, 2006, 09:35:16 AM »
South Africa Await Warriors
By: T&T Newsday

Thursday, December 14 2006

DANNY JORDAAN, Chief Executive Officer of the Local Organising Committee for the South Africa 2010 World Cup is hoping that Trinidad and Tobago participates in the historic Finals.

The Soca Warriors have been to South Africa once before, losing 2-1 to the hosts in a friendly international in 2003. Now Jordaan has confessed that he believes their presence will add to to the 2010 event.

“Hopefully we can see Trinidad and Tobago in South Africa in 2010,” Jordaan said last week while in Zurich, Switzerland for the FIFA Executive Committee meeting.

“I think that it is important that a nation like Trinidad makes a return to the Finals. I was there in Trinidad gathering support when we were trying to win the bid for 2010 and it will definitely be a pleasure for you to be there at the event,” he said.

“We all saw Trinidad play in Germany and they showed good spirit and we need that in South Africa,” he said.

The former lecturer was also present at the news conference in which the FIFA Disciplinary Committee announced their decision on allegations against Jack Warner who was alleged to have sold World Cup tickets on the black market. Jordaan stood firm in support of Warner.

“The FIFA announced their decision and the case is now closed. In fact there was never a case really. I don’t think Warner was ever in a position where he needed to be in fear because he stood his ground and was rightfully proven to be innocent,” Jordaan said.

“We are well aware though that his detractors may continue these attacks on him.

These detractors need to get the facts and FIFA has rightly revealed these facts today,” Jordaan said. He continued that he anticipates having Warner’s services available as South Africa prepares for 2010.

“We cannot let Nelson Mandela down. We cannot let Sepp Blatter and we cannot let Warner down,” Jordaan said. “Warner works for football and he continues to do that on a wide scale throughout the globe.

He worked hard for others and he worked hard for South Africa 2010. Now we shall continue this trend.”

The former anti-apartheid activist added that the build-up to 2010 was coming along, despite the obstacles in its way.

“The big question being asked was whether South Africa could afford to host this event and that has been answered.

The Government is giving two billion US dollars towards the event. We have already put forward our plans and fixtures for the preliminary draw as well as for the Confederations Cup and everything else as it involves the staging of the Finals is on stream,” Jordaan said.

Jordaan also confirmed the safety of everyone visiting South Africa in 2010 and they were not only building stadiums and roads but also “building a nation” and making it safe for all.

“There is no question that this country has the capability to safeguard every person that comes here for the World Cup. We will safeguard places where the players will stay, the routes, hotels, etc. The country has demonstrated its ability to manage other World Cups with no incidents of crime,” Jordaan added.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2006, 09:37:16 AM by e-man »

Offline 1989

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: South Africa Await Warriors
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2006, 07:00:46 PM »
mamaguy ::)
Soca Warriors!  All the rest are joker warriors!

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2006, 07:34:46 PM »
Tallman, who were the scorers in dat T&T vs South Africa game - refresh my memory please.

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2006, 08:12:14 PM »
Tallman, who were the scorers in dat T&T vs South Africa game - refresh my memory please.
  • Lost 1-2 on June 14, 2003 in South Africa. Lesley "Slow Poison" Manyathela (RIP) scored both items for SA; Nigel Pierre scored fuh T&T.
  • Won 2-0 on May 6, 1999 in POS. Mickey Trotman (RIP) and Stern John scored.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2006, 07:40:37 AM »
    [li]Lost 1-2 on June 14, 2003 in South Africa. Lesley "Slow Poison" Manyathela (RIP) scored both items for SA; Nigel Pierre scored fuh T&T.[/li]
    [li]Won 2-0 on May 6, 1999 in POS. Mickey Trotman (RIP) and Stern John scored.[/li]
    [/list][/b]

d South Africa away game.. TTT broadcasted it..    and de guy dat scored both.. hit 1 rocket.. it hit d post inside d goal(cah remember d name of it)  and fly back out.. but a man tap in d rebound..  is only de replay dat showed dat de guy scored from the rocket..

and Tallman  dat game when we beat SA 2-0.. didnt Nakhid retire in that game?  i remember being there but i cah remembver if he retired in that game.

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
      • View Profile
      • The Ministry of Noise
    « Reply #5 on: December 15, 2006, 07:46:56 AM »
    He supposedly retired. He was back playing a few months later in the Gold Cup.

Notable Achievements
    Own Goal against Mexico
    Missed penalty against Canada in the Semi Final to equalise.(We lost the game 1-0 but totally dominated)

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
      • View Profile
    « Reply #6 on: December 15, 2006, 07:48:21 AM »
    He supposedly retired. He was back playing a few months later in the Gold Cup.

Notable Achievements
    Own Goal against Mexico
    Missed penalty against Canada in the Semi Final to equalise.(We lost the game 1-0 but totally dominated)

lol    i see we still sore with Nakhid lol

yes dat Semi-final was 1 of the most painfull TnT games ever

1]; } ?>