April 28, 2024, 05:10:06 PM

Author Topic: Club or country decision for Stern.  (Read 6764 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Club or country decision for Stern.
« on: December 13, 2006, 08:17:19 AM »
Queen's Park after Avery.
By: Shaun Fuentes (TTFF).
[/size]

Trinidad and Tobago defender Avery John is set to become this country’s latest defender to join the English professional scene.
John, of American Major League Soccer’s New England Revolution, has been targeted by Queen’s Park Rangers and according to club manager John Gregory, will be signed on January 2 just as the transfer window opens.
John had been on trial at Leeds United but was unsuccessful. However soon after Queen’s Park of the Championship Division took note of him. Over the last couple of weeks, the club’s administration had been in contact with the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation, requesting information on John and his overall international appearance status to which the TTFF cooperated.
Sampsa Timoska, of Finnish club MyPa  is also expected to sign with Queen’s Park and along with John could make his  debut for the club in the FA Cup third-round tie against Carlos Edwards’ Luton Town  on January 6.
“We have a couple of people in mind who are ready to come straight in, and they will be registered on January 2. I think they will enhance the squad. There is no point bringing someone in if he is not better than what we have, because we have 35 professionals,” said Gregory who once managed Dwight Yorke at Aston Villa.
Meantime, Sunderland, club of Yorke, has expressed interest in the services of Edwards. The former Wrexham player is now being targeted by Celtic, Newcastle United, Charlton Athletic, Watford and Birmingham City.
Sunderland manager Roy Keane added “Carlos Edwards is a player that I admire and he is someone I would like to add to the squad. We do intend to follow up our interest but it would be premature to assume that anything will definitely happen in that direction. We'll have to see what Luton's position is on the matter but he is someone we're interested in, yes."
It is also understood that St Johnstone striker Jason Scotland has received interest from and English club but time will tell what the former Defence Force striker decides on. And striker Stern John has been offered a contract extension at Coventry City but is still undecided. John has also been reportedly offered a lucrative deal by Israeli club Beitar Jerusalem.
News from the 28th of December 2006.

Spann to miss Digicel Cup with shoulder injury.

National team head coach Wim Rijsbergen faces the possibility of contesting the Digicel Caribbean Cup without the services of midfielder Silvio Spann.
The former Japan-based midfielder rejoined the national team for training earlier this month upon a recall but a reoccurring shoulder problem is back and has forced him out of the last few sessions. According to assistant coach Anton Corneal, it is likely that the player will have to undergo operation and will not be available for selection.
US-based player Joel Bailey also attempted to make a full recovery comeback in training at the Ato Boldon Stadium on Wednesday after damaging his ankle in a scrimmage last week. However, once again he pulled up.
“He (Bailey) tried to make it back out after being cleared by the medics but again he had a problem and had to cut short,” Corneal said. “Spann’s case is unfortunate. He needs to operate on it and time is not on his side because we are less than two weeks away from the start of the competition.”
Corneal conducted the session on Wednesday as Rijsbergen is out of the country until next week. Initially the squad was expected to be named this week but that has now been pushed back until early next month as the team continues to prepare for the January 12 opener against Barbados at the Hasely Crawford Stadium.
“The preparation continues and there are certain aspects of it that we are currently undergoing and of course more will happen as the first game approaches. The final squad will be decided as we continue to work with the players available to us. Obviously everyone wants to give their best showing because the squad has to be cut and there will be playing who will be left out.” Corneal told TTFF Media.
There has been an absence of CL Financial San Juan Jabloteh players after the club relayed to Rijsbergen late last week that it needed its players from January 10 for training ahead of the Caribbean Club Championship final round later in the month. That matter is currently being discussed with aim of a resolution in the not too distant future.
Meantime, Haiti arrived in the country on Wednesday to contest Group J of the qualifying phase for the final spot in the Finals.
With Bermuda, Haiti and the Dominican Republic all qualifying as third placed teams in the three second round groups of the Digicel Cup played in November, the winning side will be the eight and final team to qualify.
All games will take place at the Hasley Crawford Stadium.
Group H qualifiers The Dominican Republic will be first to play against Haiti at 5pm) on January 5th.
Having impressed in their opening Group D and topping ahead of St Vincent and Grenadines and eliminating Jamaica , Haiti were favorites to qualify automatically to the Digicel finals but in the end had to rely on a last minute equalizer against Suriname in their second round Group I to qualify in third position.
The Dominican Republic will play two days later against Group G qualifiers Bermuda on Sunday January 7th with a 4pm (16.00) kick off. Both of these sides have met already this tournament in their Group C qualifying game where Bermuda took the honors winning on a 3-1 scoreline.
News from the 23rd of December 2006.

Noreiga aims for final Digicel pick.

The National Team will resume preparations next Wednesday entering 2007 gearing up for the Digicel Caribbean Cup which will be played off here in Trinidad and Tobago with eight nations vying for the regional title.
Over the last week, head coach Wim Rijsbergen has been overseeing training with some 42 players at the Ato Boldon Stadium and he is expected to cut the squad by half for training next week and in early January as T&T prepares for its opening Digicel Cup fixture against Barbados on January 12 at the Hasely Crawford Stadium.
The T&T coaching staff which also includes Anton Corneal, Jan Van Deinsen and Brian Williams also got to see the senior players up against a team of  visiting US-College players as well as local-based ones in a couple of 30-minute scrimmages on Thursday. The national team players were rotated as players were observed in different positions and roles.
Among those being assessed by Rijsbergen and his staff is defender Anthony Noreiga who is coming off his first season with Vancouver Whitecaps in the American A-League and was also in Leo Beenhakker’s team for the 2-0 win over Iceland last February. Since then, this is Noreiga’s first return to the national set up and he is committed to sealing a place in the final squad.
“It was a major opportunity to be able to work with our World Cup players and being in the mix so close before the World Cup and that is something that I don’t intend to let go by easily. That experience helped be better my awareness of what is required at that level of the game. Even though I didn’t get into the final squad I think there were a lot of positives I got out of it and now with the Digicel Cup coming up, I hope I can get into the team and keep on striving for better things. But seeing that I was considered in February, I think that should mean I am in with a chance for 2010 and I want to make that happen,” Noreiga told TTFF Media.
The former Princes Town Senior Comprehensive standout is unattached at the moment but hopes to maybe go back to the US for next season even though there may also be a couple options in Europe. He had also been with Kansas City Wizards early in the season.
“The last season was pretty decent. We won the championship but I didn’t play too much coming down to the playoffs. I was a rookie so playing 13 games for them wasn’t bad. I had an option for a one year extension but I’ll see what comes up for next year. I was also part of the Kansas Wizards for preseason but at the time I would have been counted as a senior international after getting into the Trinidad team and they were looking for someone with more experience. The next best option was Vancouver after that,” he added.
Noreiga will now be aiming to increase his international caps by representing T&T in the Digicel Cup come next month. He is among other US-based players such as Wizards striker Scott Sealy and Liberty College striker Darryl Roberts, Osei Telesford, Leslie Fitzpatrick along with a host of home-based players vying for selection to play in the Digicel Cup. There was a minor hiccup with the Jabloteh players but they are expected to rejoin training next week.
News from the 20th of December 2006.

All players available as CFU Club Championships shift to Jan.

National Head coach Wim Rijsbergen will get back his full compliment of players from CL Financial San Juan Jabloteh and W Connection for training this week after it was determined that the Caribbean Club Championships matches will be pushed back to late January.
On Monday, Rijsbergen found out that he would have to release the players from both clubs due to fixtures this week but now both Connection and Jabloteh will face Jamaica’s Harbour View and Haiti’s Baltimore Sportif respectively on January 26. The grand final of the CFU Club Championship will be played on January 28 at a venue to be announced.
Preparations for the team’s participation at the Digicel Caribbean Cup from January 12 continued at the Ato Boldon Stadium on Tuesday morning but without the players from the two local powerhouses. For the remainder of the week though, Rijsbergen can expect to have the likes of Aurtis Whitley, Kerry Baptiste, Keyeno Thomas, Trent Noel, Anthony and Glenton Wolfe, Silvio Spann, Cyd Gray, Nigel Daniel and Jan Michael Williams back in the squad.
Assistant coach Anton Corneal relayed that the session on Tuesday was used to have a closer look at the individuals.
“It was a basic session more to see what some of the players have to offer because there are those who are coming into the squad for the first time,” he said. “Now that we expect to get the players from the two clubs available again, we will be pushing on with preparations,” he added.
Meantime, Corneal is also overseeing the preparations of the National Under 17 team ahead of the final CONCACAF final round next April.
The Under 17s have been training at the Ato Boldon Stadium prior to the Senior Team sessions. So far, two players from the Colleges League have been added to the roster along with three players each from the United States and Canada.
U17s, we actually taking a lot of six players, three from Canada and three from US, two boys out of the Colleges League.
“We have been back training for the past couple weeks and we now have six players from North America who have made their way here just to try out for the team so we will be having a good look at them to see how they add to the set up we have now,” Corneal told TTFF Media.
“We will continue training through the Christmas break and then into January and February when we hope to then get some international exposure,” Corneal said. He mentioned that the team has been invited to a triangular tournament in Honduras in February and will consider the possibility of traveling there for the warm up matches before going into qualification for a spot in the FIFA Under 17 World Championship 2007 in Korea.
News from the 19th of December 2006.

Rijsbergen assesses players before Digicel Cup.
[/size]

National head coach Wim Rijsbergen got a near to full turn out of players for day one of preparations at the Ato Boldon Stadium ahead of Trinidad and Tobago's opening Digicel Caribbean Cup fixture against Barbados at the Hasely Crawford Stadium on January 12.
An additional three names were added to the initial 41-man squad called by the Dutchman and his staff but he still didn't have full numbers as some faces were missing and W Connection midfielder took the day off to receive treatment on his shoulder. The three new players called were University of Connecticut defender Julius James, Anthony Wolfe and American-based player Joel Bailey.
The latter had been called earlier in the 2006 World Cup qualifiers under former coach Bertille St Clair and then later during Leo Beenhakker's period but never made it due to injury problems. Well on Monday, that unfortunate trend continued as the former Naparima College standout limped off the field in pain due to a foot injury sustained in a scrimmage.
Rijsbergen was also unpleased to learn that he would on Tuesday have to release the players of CL Financial San Juan Jabloteh and W Connection due to their CFU Club Championship matches later this month.
“It's difficult because now we have to release all these players from the second day of training and we planned this thing out to go in accordance with the availability of the players,” Rijsbergen told TTFF Media. “Now we have to plan to suit this change again and remember the dates for the Digicel Cup were brought up from the initial dates which were supposed to be later in January. But apart from that, we will get on with the job. We have some new faces we have called as well as some who have been around before and we will assess them and then try to make th right decisions for the team for the Digicel Cup,” he added.
Coaches also assisting Rijsbergen were Anton Corneal, Brian Williams, Michael Maurice and Jan Van Deinsen.
Back in the mix among the players was Leslie “Tiger Fitzpatrick who recently joined American A-League team Puerto Rico Islanders, World Cup team midfielder Densill Theobald, Scott Sealy, Kerwyn Jemmott, Gary Glasgow, Glenton Wolfe, Osei Telesford, Darryl Roberts and Duarance Williams among others. The squad will continue to train at the Ato Boldon Stadium and then a final team will be selected later in the month to begin final preparations for the Digicel Cup.
News from the 14th of December 2006.

Club or country decision for Stern.
By: Andy Turner (Coventry Telegraph).

Micky Adams is hoping Stern John will reassess his Trinidad and Tobago commitments as he thinks over his future at Coventry City.
The manager has not told the striker to quit playing for his country but he clearly thinks that, like Robert Page, his club career will greatly benefit from retirement from the international set-up.
"Stern has always struggled because of the fact that Trinidad have had so many games and he has always been playing catch-up, to a degree, in terms of his fitness because he misses so much training because of being on aeroplanes," said the City boss.
He is hoping to secure John's services on a new contract to take him beyond the summer when he would otherwise be able to leave the Ricoh Arena on a free transfer.
"He has got 100 caps now and given his all to his country and I think he realises that he has got a few more years left in the game and he has really got to establish himself somewhere, so why not do it at a place where he feels comfortable?
"I would not ask him to stop playing international football. It is a great for him to play for his national side but that will be his decision, as it was for Robert Page."
John's story in his first three seasons at Coventry City is one of a struggle to win over the fans, both here and at Derby County where he got a hard time on loan.
But he has steadily achieved that with his goals, superb ball control and increasingly committed performances to reach a stage where the supporters recently sang his name from the stands, calling for him to go on as a substitute.
"I always go back to my first few weeks and months here at Coventry when the fans were screaming that they wanted him off the pitch when he got booked.
"It is something I have never known before, except for possibly Greg Downs when I played here, but that was me shouting for him to come off!" said Adams, who is confident contract negotiations are going well.
"These things take time.
"I have got a lot of players out of contract in the summer but it is not a panic situation.
"We have expressed a desire for him to stay and Stern and his agent have expressed a desire to talk."
Stern John and his international teammates are still locked in a dispute with their country's football federation over payments they say they are due from the World Cup.
However, the matter is now in the hands of their lawyers and for the time being the players have called off their collective threat to quit the international set-up.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2006, 08:32:02 PM by Flex »
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline NYtriniwhiteboy..

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Club or country decision for Stern.
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2006, 08:35:13 AM »
tell de coach haul he tail.....still havent found a striker to take stern place so we still need him
Back in Trini...

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2006, 08:45:14 AM »
I understand the manager looking out for he cub/wuk.. but where do these clowns get off telling ah man to QUIT he country? Ah mean, when these managers were playing and if he was rep England and a manager told him to quit, would he? NAH!

Offline trinbago

• Hero Warrior
  • Warrior For Life !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2006, 09:25:48 AM »
There should be a FIFA law banning coaches from making any such statements about a player playing for his country and making have to choose. It is a bad business practice and unprofessional for a coach to put a player in that postion which they should not be put in the first place.
Warrior For Life !!

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2006, 10:36:20 AM »
ah know ah go get banned from certain houses for saying this but

let him go

thanks it was nice

lewwe see what ian mcauley could do up front, lewwe see what julius could do in de back, de u-20 keeper done looking good already, put kneeves on de left,

thanks yorke, stern, latas all ah dem it was nice but its time to move on ;)
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline Dr. Rat

• Licks Pass!!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2006, 10:49:49 AM »
Think about Stern.  He has already accomplished his goal of going to a WC.  Now its time to really play ball ($$$$) and focus on his longterm objectives. 

TTFF eh paying he car note or his mortage.
PNM in yuh mudda-in-law

Offline Lower St. John

• It's All About Unity, Togetherness..........
  • Hero Warrior
  • Don't cry as it's over, continue to enjoy it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2006, 10:51:29 AM »
It is Stern call and his alone as to when it is time to quit the National team as a player.  If he want to call it quit for the National Team it should be his decision.  Club should not force the situation and Soca Warriors supporters should not also.  Stern has nothing to prove to either group.  He has done it all.  He has made serious sacrifices, yes sacrifices, to wear the Soca Warriors uniform and did us proud wearing it (De left footed bullet against Mexico will live on forever).  

How many men who would dog Stern, Latas and Yorke, decision to quit the National Team will jeapordize their present and future earning potential to represent a National team in anything??  FIFA only protects the player during that season when playing International fixtures.  At the end of the Season, the player is at the mercy of his employer.  How many man will skip work regularly with "forced" permission, knowing that come time for performance review, the boss will be saying "Yuh aint deserve a raise" or worse yet "We aint renewing yuh contract".  Everything is not based on a players performance on de field.  Man like Stern have to live at the end of the day.

Blessings.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2006, 10:53:27 AM by Lower St. John »
Germany 2006 Was A Lifetime Experience Not To Be Forgotten!!!!!!!!!

Offline Arimaman

• Arima Compre
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2006, 10:53:25 AM »
Think about Stern.  He has already accomplished his goal of going to a WC.  Now its time to really play ball ($$$$) and focus on his longterm objectives.  

I could agree with you to a certain perspective.  How often have you heard those coaches tell the English players not to play for their country?  This is a pride thing.  This is the reason why FIFA put rules in place to avoid these kind of tactics..

Is only b/c we is a small country they does want to treat we like that.

I could never agree with the coach's thinking.  Often times when we play, their leagues are on International break, so what is the problem??
Arimian to meh heart

Offline Dr. Rat

• Licks Pass!!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2006, 10:57:55 AM »
Think about Stern.  He has already accomplished his goal of going to a WC.  Now its time to really play ball ($$$$) and focus on his longterm objectives. 

I could agree with you to a certain perspective.  How often have you heard those coaches tell the English players not to play for their country?  This is a pride thing.  This is the reason why FIFA put rules in place to avoid these kind of tactics..

I could never agree with the coach's thinking.  Often times when we play, their leagues are on International break, so what is the problem??

Very true.  But it all comes down to the player.  I remember Yorke having that same proble back at ManUTD. 

Stern however, may really want to think this over because as I see it, he prob. has about 4 more good years in those legs.  It's all about playing time and money (Security).

PNM in yuh mudda-in-law

Offline Arimaman

• Arima Compre
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2006, 11:13:37 AM »
Quote from: Arimaman on Today at 11:53:25 AM

I could agree with you to a certain perspective.  How often have you heard those coaches tell the English players not to play for their country?  This is a pride thing.  This is the reason why FIFA put rules in place to avoid these kind of tactics..

I could never agree with the coach's thinking.  Often times when we play, their leagues are on International break, so what is the problem??

Very true.  But it all comes down to the player.  I remember Yorke having that same proble back at ManUTD. 

Stern however, may really want to think this over because as I see it, he prob. has about 4 more good years in those legs.  It's all about playing time and money (Security).

I agree, it's a decision that only Stern can make.  He really only have a few good years left, however, on the flip side, Coventry is not the only team that would want an established, tried and true player.  They are just playing negotiating games.
Arimian to meh heart

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2006, 12:04:41 PM »
if coventry had an england international they wouldn't be talking shit so.

no wonder they in the 2nd division & eh going no where but down.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2006, 12:07:13 PM »
wanchope quit international football  after the world cup ..
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Dr. Rat

• Licks Pass!!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2006, 12:23:54 PM »
Besides, I'll advise Stern to NOT play for T&T at this juncture (Maybe Gold CUP), not Duracell.
PNM in yuh mudda-in-law

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2006, 03:08:07 PM »
Besides, I'll advise Stern to NOT play for T&T at this juncture (Maybe Gold CUP), not Duracell
Besides, I'll advise Stern to NOT play for T&T at this juncture (Maybe Gold CUP), not Duracell.

That big man use the word Duracell

De Rat is football fans like you that makes Trinifootball worth following.

when the energizer knock out series starting.

Offline trinbago

• Hero Warrior
  • Warrior For Life !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2006, 03:14:37 PM »

Yuh toots dey or yuh write that on purpose??.... :rotfl:
Warrior For Life !!

Offline Dr. Rat

• Licks Pass!!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2006, 03:17:21 PM »

Yuh toots dey or yuh write that on purpose??.... :rotfl:

Doh sh*t meh up!  What you think? :devil:
PNM in yuh mudda-in-law

Offline TRUwarrior

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2006, 03:59:35 PM »
stern could stay where he is.....lewwe get used tuh life without dat guy...fuh real

great performance in the world cup btw!!! :devil: :devil: :devil:

Offline john_public

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2006, 07:02:47 PM »
now i`m a big stern fan, and take real talk from him, but i agree with morvant,  thanks alot fellars but it time to move on, iknow we don`t have a man to replace him but we got a couple of yrs to work with em in time for wc q

men talkin about if it was english player he wuda neva say dat and it`s thru we all need to remember we r nobody big in de football thing, and most english games r in europe  they don`t have to come to the caribbean everytime  ;D ;D

but stern boy make a stand whatever it is i stil backn u ;D ;D

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2006, 08:35:31 PM »
i personally have a problem with a man telling a player to not play for his country. When Stern play for TNT I sure he becomes a better player especially since Coventry is at the top of the EPL.

If they was an EPL side what he would a tell him tear up he passport
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Themanfriday

• That's who I am, a real
  • Hero Warrior
  • CHILD of GOD
    • View Profile
    • Dexter B. Friday
« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2006, 02:11:21 AM »
They never make these comments about other players just ours. Isn't this funny? Talking about fittness and club he practicing for country matches his fittness should improve not decline.
Born in SanDo
Raised in Marabella and Gasparillo
Lived in Philly
Join the US Army
Moved to Oklahoma
Deployed to Bosnia
Stayed in Hungary
Retired In Germany
Was at the WC
Cheering for Latapy
Deployed to Kosovo
Y? I don't know
Moved back to America
To live in Virginia
Retired age 44
This is my life

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 14, 2006, 08:53:43 AM »
Well technically Adams didn't ask him to retire.

He just submitting his request to the make a wish foundation. As someone else mentioned it's Stern's decision bottom line.
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 14, 2006, 09:28:57 AM »
Stern John should not play International games again. The only time he should concider International games again is if we playing qualifiers for world cup.. Gold cup & dat carribean cup ting we nuh need him fi fly plane and come play.. Trinidad should have enough players where we doh need him to come.. Reggaeboys have A 11 for world cup qualifiers.. Dey have have a 11 for carribean cup and dem have a 11 for gold cup.. Yu tell mi sey Trinidad cya find 11 without dragging Stern fi come play?
 Stern yu stay and play yu football wey yu at. I mean it aint like we actually need Stern.. Trinidad have nuff man to cover up front..
war..
Black Lives Matter..

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 14, 2006, 12:32:32 PM »
I AGREE wit meh boy morvant on givin the youths a chnace

but  i still think it is sterns decision 100 caps cant go wrong wit that

most goals cant go wrong either

world cup big plus

if u hang u your boots stern then make sure it s no pressure from mickey

PRESIDENT OF THE STERN FOR GOALS COMITTEE
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline Jahyouth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 14, 2006, 04:03:43 PM »
Stern John should not play International games again. The only time he should concider International games again is if we playing qualifiers for world cup.. Gold cup & dat carribean cup ting we nuh need him fi fly plane and come play.. Trinidad should have enough players where we doh need him to come.. Reggaeboys have A 11 for world cup qualifiers.. Dey have have a 11 for carribean cup and dem have a 11 for gold cup.. Yu tell mi sey Trinidad cya find 11 without dragging Stern fi come play?
 Stern yu stay and play yu football wey yu at. I mean it aint like we actually need Stern.. Trinidad have nuff man to cover up front..
war..

Hear pot calling kettle black.  Warmonga, Jamaica eh tired play them ol' foot and them in their National team?

Stern has to retire yes, but we need a proper transition.

Look at the West Indies team of the 80s to the early 90s and how most of the big players ups and retire, and the younger players were not ready.  We have to avoid that.  Let the more experienced men mentor the youths on and off the field.

Stern needs to keep wearing the National shirt for another two years at least.  Form then, depending on his performance and that of the younger strikers coming up, he can make a better decision.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2006, 04:05:39 PM by Jahyouth »

1]; } ?>