March 29, 2024, 04:31:18 AM

Author Topic: Abramovich to invest $40m in Russian team -- Uncle Jack, whey yuh  (Read 2799 times)

Offline Jahyouth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Abramovich to invest $40m in Russian team

MOSCOW, Dec 13 (Reuters) - Russian billionaire Roman Abramovich will invest at least another $40 million in the Russian national team in the hope of reviving it as he has done with London club Chelsea.

Abramovich's National Soccer Academy foundation has earmarked $30-40 million for the construction of a new training base for the Russia team by 2008 and will also put money into building a new stadium, his spokesman told Reuters on Wednesday.

The money is the latest part of an ambitious plan by the country's richest man to lift Russian soccer up from the doldrums it has been in since the collapse of the Soviet Union.

He already partly finances national coach Guus Hiddink's salary package and has put millions of dollars into Moscow club CSKA, who last year became the first Russian club to lift a European trophy when they won the UEFA Cup.

Abramovich's foundation, which sponsors sports projects across Russia, will pour cash into the building of a new national stadium in Moscow, a project worth around $300 million, his spokesman said.

'The Academy is ready to go forward to make sure it is built ... The foundation is the main driver behind the stadium project,' he added, declining to give the exact sum allocated.

Abramovich bought Chelsea in 2003 for 60 million pounds ($118 million). Helped by his seemingly limitless funds, Chelsea have won two Premier League titles since his arrival.

It is a different story for the Russian national team, who failed to qualify for this year's World Cup under former coach Yuri Syomin.

Abramovich's plans of further investment into Russian sport will likely boost his good reputation at home.

In the years of Vladimir Putin's presidency, marked with a campaign against 'oligarchs' -- Russia's super-rich accused by the Kremlin of neglecting national interests -- Abramovich has become a widely cited positive example of a different approach.

During his governorship of the Chukotka region, Abramovich has invested hundreds of millions of dollars and made use of his close Kremlin ties to fight poverty in the bitterly cold and largely deserted region in Russia's far east.

The Russian edition of Forbes magazine this year estimated Abramovich's wealth, mostly from oil and aluminium assets, at $18.3 billion. 

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Abramovich to invest $40m in Russian team -- Uncle Jack, whey yuh
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2006, 03:19:09 PM »
Lawd, if somebody from T&T federation cud only put dey hands on dat man, and get him tuh invest some ah dat big money on we team,  de other teams and dem, dey go be either dead or badly wounded. Is just ah wish doh, but big up tuh Russia fuh having a daddy like dat. Bless.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2006, 03:48:53 PM by SUPA »
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Money doh change we, we are de money changer. But fool if yuh dis, it will surely be danger. Large up de Enterprise and Alliance every time. KROSS KROSS.

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2006, 03:46:38 PM »
thats a great thing to do... i dont feel bad scorning him when he started throwing money at chelsea... but patriotism to your country is always admirable...

well done... the Russians must be waiting like happy kids on christmas morning.
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2006, 05:21:50 PM »
Lawd, if somebody from T&T federation cud only put dey hands on dat man, and get him tuh invest some ah dat big money on we team,  de other teams and dem, go be either dead or badly wounded. Is just ah wish doh, but big up tuh Russia fuh having a daddy like dat. Bless.

Nuff Trini man have big money but would not invest in the youths of the country. Suck out the juice and  throw away the rest, then invest in foreign. That is dem policy. Abramovih investing in his own. respect for that
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2006, 06:28:52 PM »
So everyone want Abramovich money but Jack money is no good?  :rotfl:

When Jack build stadiums we vex, but when Roman invests in his country we jealous.....why?

If anyone want to respond in the usual anti-Jack manner, do a little search on how Abramovich made his money first...his dodgy deals are on a much larger scale than our boy.

(NB - before i get beat down, this is not a pro-Jack post, just a reality check  :D)
« Last Edit: December 13, 2006, 06:35:25 PM by Ryan »

Offline legal alien

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2006, 08:25:06 PM »

When Jack build stadiums we vex, but when Roman invests in his country we jealous.....why?

If anyone want to respond in the usual anti-Jack manner, do a little search on how Abramovich made his money first...his dodgy deals are on a much larger scale than our boy.

(NB - before i get beat down, this is not a pro-Jack post, just a reality check  :D)

yeah, i realise its a sin to support jack warner here. i dont know much on the russian tycoon's business past, but my point is jack has done a lot for TNT football financially. my only issue with him is that his anti -PNM naure has been irrational.it seems to be the main reason he sometimes cuts back on his support for the socawarriors.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2006, 08:26:10 PM »
We don't envy jack and his stadium. What we mad at is all them empty seats in the stadium

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2006, 09:04:34 PM »

Well you may have wondered onto the fridges of insanity while trying to find that reality.

Jack build ah ton of half baked stadiums so that we could host the U 17 world cup and so that he could get millions of dollars in revenue...

Few people seem to understand that... I cant say he eh ah patriot... he certainly is...but really, the ONLY reason he is giving such a significant amount is so that the common fool will say "Aha! look he givin money, wheeeyyy, he really do love we football boy."

Not exactly...

All the money he donates comes RIGHT BACK TO HIM.

Too many people either dont know of or simply choose to practice their own forms of selective ethics to ignore the blatant corruption goin on behind the scenes.

He will then go and write up a report to one of his big time fifa buddys all about how much his money is developing his region and then they will sign off huge checks right back to him with the tag saying, Jack Warner is developing football in the caribbean, he has willing giving such and such thus we see it appropriate to give him da da da da da...

Yuh hadda understand... this is his buisness... this makes him money... AND LOTS OF IT.

Jack Warner is an imensely charismatic, hard working, abitious man... so from the start of his days pulling petty extortion, it was destined for him to go on to pullin the big one on us all... and he's done it OVER....and OVER....and OVER... and OVER!! and STILL... he gets away with it...

and then people say things like... I dunno why they dont like he. he rel helpin we football...

Is funny how people could just except mafia once is puttin money in the direction of their personal interest, whether its football, politics or whether he scratchin yuh back fuh ah little ting in return.

Wheres the regard for dignity?? for honour??.....................???

Common people open yuh eyes nuh.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2006, 09:09:25 PM by Jefferz »

Offline noname

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2006, 12:25:40 AM »

Well you may have wondered onto the fridges of insanity while trying to find that reality.

Jack build ah ton of half baked stadiums so that we could host the U 17 world cup and so that he could get millions of dollars in revenue...

Few people seem to understand that... I cant say he eh ah patriot... he certainly is...but really, the ONLY reason he is giving such a significant amount is so that the common fool will say "Aha! look he givin money, wheeeyyy, he really do love we football boy."

Not exactly...

Too many people either dont know of or simply choose to practice their own forms of selective ethics to ignore the blatant corruption goin on behind the scenes.

He will then go and write up a report to one of his big time fifa buddys all about how much his money is developing his region and then they will sign off huge checks right back to him with the tag saying, Jack Warner is developing football in the caribbean, he has willing giving such and such thus we see it appropriate to give him da da da da da...

Yuh hadda understand... this is his buisness... this makes him money... AND LOTS OF IT.

Jack Warner is an imensely charismatic, hard working, abitious man... so from the start of his days pulling petty extortion, it was destined for him to go on to pullin the big one on us all... and he's done it OVER....and OVER....and OVER... and OVER!! and STILL... he gets away with it...

and then people say things like... I dunno why they dont like he. he rel helpin we football...

Is funny how people could just except mafia once is puttin money in the direction of their personal interest, whether its football, politics or whether he scratchin yuh back fuh ah little ting in return.

All of that and you miss the entire point the man trying to make.

A wrong is a wrong is a wrong....Jack can be considered guilty of the same things Abramovich guilty of...just cause the latter not taking from your house doesnt make it less of a wrong.

If you would like to jump onto moral pulpit to preach from, thats all well and good...but the man try to show you a form and you seeminly miss it or just plain ignore it.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2006, 12:28:49 AM by noname »

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2006, 05:09:52 AM »

Not exactly...

All of that and you miss the entire point the man trying to make.

A wrong is a wrong is a wrong....Jack can be considered guilty of the same things Abramovich guilty of...just cause the latter not taking from your house doesnt make it less of a wrong.

If you would like to jump onto moral pulpit to preach from, thats all well and good...but the man try to show you a form and you seeminly miss it or just plain ignore it.

sorry about that... I think I may have mislead my point... I managed to quote the wrong quote... I was more so replying to legal alien rather than Ryan.

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2006, 03:55:28 PM »
Lawd, if somebody from T&T federation cud only put dey hands on dat man, and get him tuh invest some ah dat big money on we team,  de other teams and dem, go be either dead or badly wounded. Is just ah wish doh, but big up tuh Russia fuh having a daddy like dat. Bless.

Nuff Trini man have big money but would not invest in the youths of the country. Suck out the juice and  throw away the rest, then invest in foreign. That is dem policy. Abramovih investing in his own. respect for that

Yeh, yuh right about dat, you probably know some ah dem, and I definitely know a few. Guess what, dem bredddahs not in Abramovich class sah, dat man have money dat dey probably didn't teach we tuh count in college. Bless.
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Money doh change we, we are de money changer. But fool if yuh dis, it will surely be danger. Large up de Enterprise and Alliance every time. KROSS KROSS.

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2006, 04:08:45 PM »

Supa & de Enterprise does always appreciate what Jack did, go in meh profile and check meh posts and dem. We doh fight down Jack ah tall. Cuz is years now people saying he doing dis and doing dat, and we(enterprise) doh have no proof on dat, so we doh fight down de man. What we have proof of is what he brought tuh de table fuh T&T football, and tuh me he did well. Whether he invest $40.00 in football, and steal de next $60.00, ah have  no proof of dat, and no court of law eh prove him guilty. We doh deal wid de majority, and jump on de band wagon fuh fame. Yuh must look at things as an adult, and make sensible decisions, or else yuh wud be constantly mislead in life. We doh care how Jack or Abromvich making dey money, if dey in mafia or what ever dey in, we doh worry about things yuh have no control over, life 2 short fuh dat. Ah born and meet hustling, mafia, etc, and we will all dead and leave it.  8) Bless.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2006, 04:15:57 PM by SUPA »
RIP Micahel Jackson.

1]; } ?>