April 28, 2024, 11:55:13 AM

Author Topic: Stop that train.  (Read 2624 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Stop that train.
« on: December 13, 2006, 03:24:02 AM »
Experts: Stop rapid rail project.
By: Driselle Ramjohn (Express).

Stop the rapid rail project.

A wide range of top-level industry experts -including contractors, engineers, architects, surveyors, planners, manufacturers and the local Transparency Institute-yesterday called on Prime Minister Patrick Manning to put the rapid rail procurement process on hold as more research on the project is needed.
According to these interest groups, the current procurement process is flawed and leaves room for corruption "that could be worse than the Piarco airport situation".
"To date we have received no justification for a rapid rail system as opposed to any other form of mass transit system. The Government should not embark on a major investment of public funds to the extent of whatever it could be, without some form of feasibility study and to go as far to implement a procurement process without a feasibility study is highly dangerous" said Mark Francois, president of the Association of Professional Engineers of Trinidad and Tobago (APETT).
Francois was speaking at a media conference hosted by the Joint Consultative Council for the Construction Industry (JCC) at the Trinidad and Tobago Manufacturers Association (TTMA) offices in Barataria yesterday.
The government's $15 billion rapid rail project is intended to ease the current traffic congestion on the roads.
The rail will run along the East/ West Corridor, with the first train rolling out by 2009.
Minister of Works and Transport, Colm Imbert, said yesterday that there has been extensive research on the local traffic situation for the past 15 to 20 years, "so saying there is not enough information is just not true".
Boyd Reid, secretary of the Trinidad and Tobago Transparency Institute, said yesterday: "The procurement process has so far, in a number of respects, failed to meet the standards sets by the Government in the White Paper on Reform of the Public Sector Procurement Regime."
He added: "Here is the largest infrastructure project ever undertaken in Trinidad and Tobago being carried out without the various checks and balances, the controls, the institutions, the laws, the regulations and the regulators that this policy has laid down. This current process provides too many opportunities for the people's money to either wasted or stolen and we see here the possibility of great wastage."
In response, Imbert said: "I find all of this (action) very surprising because the fact that the rail project is being procured using a qualifications-based approach has been in the public domain for one year and at the first pretender meeting someone from Transparency International was present who commended the Ministry to its approach to this project. So I'm surprised that one year later all these interests groups can come out and say that they don't want this approach used.
"They don't want any change to the traditional process of tendering. They are asking for prequalification of contractors and tendering through a request for proposals. They are not in agreement with the new qualification based method of procurement." Imbert added that the rapid rail procurement process is on track and should finish by the end of January 2007.
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
Re: Stop that train.
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2006, 06:59:42 AM »
they teifing de money anyways so bring de train nah man
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline ann3boys

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2006, 07:11:58 AM »
ah, morvant, aren't you glad that at last our people are waking up to the knowledge that WE are supposed to get answers...
WE deserve answers on what OUR resources are being used for. They are to be used to benefit the entire population, not a minority, who will get rich off the schemes.
If the idea is a good one to build the rail, then give us the information, make the case ...
politicians need to realise that the days of ' we know better than you' are over. the population has taken the education over the years and we have learned the lessons. we are an educated people. treat us like it.
 ;D

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2006, 07:48:11 AM »
Manning making Panday look like Gold..... corruption never stop...

Where Truetrini.....
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2006, 08:02:38 AM »
Tony and Dale this morning was talking about this issue. They said that it is more a question of Tendering process. The new process requires prospective bidders to submit their qualifications rather than the old model selecting the lowest bidder.

The feasibility studies were in fact conducted and there was even a rep from Transparancy International on the board.

I think it is an issue of local firms feeling that they won't qualify and therefore miss the opportunity to cash in.

That being said I support any move to make this entire process as transparent as possible. $15B is a lot of money and the public has to have confidence in project. 

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2006, 11:33:50 PM »

Any maco project in TT going to have corruption.

The rapid rail project is a must.
 Time for man to move into the 21st century.

This could be mih retirement project.  ;D ;D
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline noname

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2006, 12:43:51 AM »
Tony and Dale this morning was talking about this issue. They said that it is more a question of Tendering process. The new process requires prospective bidders to submit their qualifications rather than the old model selecting the lowest bidder.

The feasibility studies were in fact conducted and there was even a rep from Transparancy International on the board.
I think it is an issue of local firms feeling that they won't qualify and therefore miss the opportunity to cash in.

That being said I support any move to make this entire process as transparent as possible. $15B is a lot of money and the public has to have confidence in project. 

If a feasibility study was indeed performed, could you provide a link/contact for me to get my hands on a copy?

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2006, 04:47:53 AM »
I don't have the link/contact.

truetrini

« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2006, 07:26:06 AM »

Where Truetrini.....

so there actually have evidence dat this rail system is being fleced?

wey de evidence Sam...I find yuh comments amazing seeing dat ah damn ting eh start yet!

PANDAY IS DE BIGGEST f**kING CROOK IN DE hISTORY OF t&t!

UNDERSTAND DAT!

TrinInfinite

« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2006, 01:12:25 PM »

Where Truetrini.....

wey de evidence Sam...I find yuh comments amazing seeing dat ah damn ting eh start yet!

UNDERSTAND DAT!

shut yuh dumb racist ass nah, all de pms thief, manning and panday are good padnahs and both of dem theifin, juss like manning thiefing now, so what de hell is your point? ??? fed up of fellahs like u that hide behind a computer screen and talk a setta shit when yuh dont know anything about politics in tt...

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
  • Politics- 90% Personality 10% Principle
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2006, 01:33:20 PM »
manning is a back side..if all de engineers in yuh country n people who knwo what they tlkaing bout say slow down n lookw hat u doing n u not..
then u is a jackass plain n simple.
he not greedy why he doing iot..or not a smuch as some othe rpeople like panday and dem poeple with the airport scandal
he jus dotish
is d epoeple who pusing it behidn de scenes who smart n is de ones making th emoney
manning is liek de caribbean george bush.
Perhaps the epitome of a Trinidadian is the child in the third row class with a dark skin and crinkly plaits who looks at you out of decidedly Chinese eyes and announces herself as Jacqueline Maharaj.- Merle Hodge

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2006, 01:52:09 PM »

Where Truetrini.....

UNDERSTAND DAT!

so yuh prefer to wait, like piarco? if there are improvements that can be made up front, why wait to get burned again?

truetrini

« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2006, 01:57:09 PM »

Where Truetrini.....

UNDERSTAND DAT!

shut yuh dumb racist ass nah, all de pms thief, manning and panday are good padnahs and both of dem theifin, juss like manning thiefing now, so what de hell is your point? ??? fed up of fellahs like u that hide behind a computer screen and talk a setta shit when yuh dont know anything about politics in tt...

How yuh get racism in my post fella?  Yuh does talk much shit, yuh must be ah f**king son of Mrs. senna Pod oui. steups.

haul yuh stink c**t, you is de racist..remember yuh all indian party and yuh Hindu party?

steups.

I asked if here was evidence of tiefing? What wrong with dat?  If there is evidence let me see it, me eh care about Manning, I jes know if is between he and yuh f**king god Panday I voting Manning all day twice if I could.  steups.

And ribbit, if manning tiefing and yuh have evience I want to see it, we could have he make ah jail too...dat is all fella.

I sick and tired ah de tiefing in T&T period!

TI what de f**k you know about T&T?  Yuh spend 99% of yuh existence in Canada, yet yuh is ah f**king expert on everything except flavoured maple syrup.

go jock in ah damn ants nest eh.

steups...besides why de f**k yuh does  make yuhself look more dotish everyday fella?

Offline Mr Fix-it

• Hero Warrior
  • I Love 5 things,my 3 Babies/ManU/Wife in dat order
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2006, 02:02:52 PM »

Where Truetrini.....

UNDERSTAND DAT!

How yuh get racism in my post fella?  Yuh does talk much shit, yuh must be ah f**king son of Mrs. senna Pod oui. steups.

haul yuh stink c**t, you is de racist..remember yuh all indian party and yuh Hindu party?

steups.

I asked if here was evidence of tiefing? What wrong with dat?  If there is evidence let me see it, me eh care about Manning, I jes know if is between he and yuh f**king god Panday I voting Manning all day twice if I could.  steups.

And ribbit, if manning tiefing and yuh have evience I want to see it, we could have he make ah jail too...dat is all fella.

TI what de f**k you know about T&T?  Yuh spend 99% of yuh existence in Canada, yet yuh is ah f**king expert on everything except flavoured maple syrup.

steups...besides why de f**k yuh does  make yuhself look more dotish everyday fella?

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy

TrinInfinite

« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2006, 03:51:21 PM »

Where Truetrini.....

UNDERSTAND DAT!

How yuh get racism in my post fella? Yuh does talk much shit, yuh must be ah f**king son of Mrs. senna Pod oui. steups.

steups.

I asked if here was evidence of tiefing? What wrong with dat? If there is evidence let me see it, me eh care about Manning, I jes know if is between he and yuh f**king god Panday I voting Manning all day twice if I could. steups.

TI what de f**k you know about T&T? Yuh spend 99% of yuh existence in Canada, yet yuh is ah f**king expert on everything except flavoured maple syrup.

steups...besides why de f**k yuh does make yuhself look more dotish everyday fella?

you have a perverted and disturbed mind tt, you need prayers meh bredda, serious prayers and maybe you need to be admitted tuh st.annes for further medical treatment, your senile state is getting to you, i talk to many of the ministers you speak about, also some of the main financers and the intelligent advisors to both parties, im a christian unlike yourself, so stop saying im a hindu, haul yuh racist ass, all I'm saying is you always looking at panday faults and not at manning faults, whats your reason for the ignorance? ???

truetrini

« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2006, 06:45:51 PM »
Manning could go to f**king hell and help you cool de devil balls for all I care.

I nver say yuh was ah hindu..yuh imbecile...is you hwo make post about me and cana never voting for ah all hindu party...and I say yuh coorreck yuh fowl raper.

check you, I nominate you for man of de year award on dis site oui.

Look at yuh list of accomplishments...real versus perceived

1. yuh coulda play division 1 basketball in de state..real : Yuh play in de special olympics development team and get cut fuh stupidity.
2. yuh love football and know it better dan all ah we... real " de only balls yuh ever play with is yours and hardest own
3. yuh is ah big cricketer and yuh know all about dat game...real:  Yuh does bowl bouncers dat hit de ground 4-5 times before it reach de batsman
4. Yuh is de village ram.....real" Yuh get ram nuff times in de village
5. yuh know de most about music and soca...real:  yh know dat yuh too dumb to soca
6. yuh family know everybody and everything about T&T  real:  why dey run and living in canada den? dey should be running tings
7. Yuh is de most knowlegable poster here.... real : Yuh is de most ridiculed and most maligned jackass here and de only bonafide racist
« Last Edit: December 15, 2006, 05:00:32 AM by truetrini »

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2006, 04:33:32 AM »
Manning could go to f**king hell and help you cool de devil balls for all I care.

I nver say yuh was ah hindu..yuh imbecile...is you hwo make post about me and cana never voting for ah all hindu party...and I say yuh coorreck yuh fowl raper.

check you, I nominate you for man of de year award on dis site oui.

Look at yuh list of accomplishments...real versus perceived

1. yuh coulda play division 1 basketball in de state..real : Yuh play in de special olympics development team and get cut fuh stupidity.
2. yuh love football and know it better dan all ah we... real " de only nals yuh ever play with is yours and hardest own
3. yuh is ah big cricketer and yuh know all about dat game...real:  Yuh does bowl bouncers dat hit de ground 4-5 times before it reach de batsman
4. Yuh is de village ram.....real" Yuh get ram nuff times in de village
5. yuh know de most about music and soca...real:  yh know dat yuh too dumb to soca
6. yuh family know everybody and everything about T&T  real:  why dey run and living in canada den? dey should be running tings
7. Yuh is de most knowlegable poster here.... real : Yuh is de most ridiculed and most maligned jackass here and de only bonafide racist

OH GAWD.  :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
Ah want de woman on de bass

1]; } ?>