April 27, 2024, 10:29:13 AM

Author Topic: Jahyouth's player ratings: T&T vs. Panama  (Read 2882 times)

Offline Jahyouth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Jahyouth's player ratings: T&T vs. Panama
« on: July 11, 2005, 08:56:28 AM »
Watching that game was pure torture.  We looked uninterested, uninspired, and like a side of rag-tag men that came together just before a fete match.

I could count on one hand the number of times we had five consecutive passes strung together.

Why is Stern still starting and playing whole game?  The man is pure shit.  Cyah lie.  Even the Spanish commentator on TV was saying that for all the big name and fanfare that Stern has he has shown nothing so far in the tournament.

My breakdown of the players:

Jack: Much more confident.  Is commanding the defense verbally and is doing well coming off his line quickly.  Handling the crosses quite well.

Andrews: Heart of a lion boy.  Imagine apart from marshalling the defense he scoring too.  Was unlucky not to have scored a brace last night.

Lawrence: Improving by leaps and bounds.  Say what you want about Tallest, the man is doing his job and doing it well. 

Gray: What was that kneel down header about?  He will cry every time that replay is shown.  Horrific mistake that cost the first Panama goal.  He looked better against Homduras.

A. John: Avery's distribution was poor as usual out of the back.  The long ball is not a bad concept on occasion, but it must be directed at someone not just booted out in a "kick and hope" style.

Spann: Couldn't hit the wide side of a barn shooting from outside the 18.  3 open shots, none even close to the frame.  Good efort on his part playing the center link by himself as Birchall was virtually invisible all game.

Birchall: His worst game in T&T colours to date.  He must completed two or three passes last night.  All the rest were off badly or hospital balls.  Has to regain his confidence for the Columbia game.

Theobald: Where is the player who came on to "hot up" the US in the Oval on Ash Wednesday?  Game after game Theobald fails to impress.  Maybe outside midfield is just not his position.

Samuel:  Caused no end of trouble to the Panamian defenders with his runs, but tired midway in the second half.  No left foot so became very predictable for the right back as he kept cutting in on his right.  Having a good tournament so far.

Scotland:  Is this the fella who claimed he was Trinidad's best striker?  Steups.  He is a non-entity up front.  I really hope he does not start again.

Stern:  What is up with this man?  He is an utter disappointment.  And Beenie persisting with this man.  Lazy.  The man refuses to make runs and want all the balls to feet while he "posts up" a defender.  Quite a number of times while he was waiting for a ball to come to him the defender steped in front and took it.  Looks to me like Stern is living offof past glory.

Angus Eve: The old warrior pulls us out again.  What a devastating cross to set up the equalizer.  I hope Beenie sees that old man Eve needs to be around the team.

Cornell Glenn:  Why is he not starting? One chance, one goal.  Simple.  And what a goal at that.  Maybe someone on the board can tell me why this youthman is not starting.

Kenwayne Jones:  His natural atletisicm continues to trouble defenders.  Yet he too is only played sparingly.  Had a decent run as a sub.  Needs more playing time in my opinion.

truetrini

Re: Jahyouth's player ratings: T&T vs. Panama
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2005, 09:20:15 AM »
Jahyouth, I find your ratings to be very accurate.

Stern played ta-ta.  He was roughed up quite a bit though as every touch of the ball he was tackled very hard.

Samuel was very predictable on the left side, especially in the second half.  He lost the ball too much when he tried to drible.

Theobald tries hard, but seems out of sorts on the left side of the field.

Tallman really made me eat crow, I always said he was a shit hound, but de man is the best defender in T&T colours right now.

Jones is a real athlete, a diamond in the rough.

Glen is pure tears as soon as he entered the game we suddenly developed punch up front and his every touch of the ball spelled danger to the Panamanians.  That header was wonderful as he rose way above the defense to head the ball into the goal.  Even the Hounduran fans were screaming golllllll!

Dog disappoints me with his mental lapses..Gray in my opinion is too inconsistent.

Spann made a great difference in the middle as he hustled throughout the game.  Tackled every ball and tried his best to be the ball distributor.

Birchall was horrible and seemed jaded.  He should ahvebeen subbed early.

Stern John played rel shit...could not make a proper trap and apart from the one attempt early in the second half......shit!

JAck looked very confident.

Scotland at least trapped the ball well.  He did make a few lay off passes but NONE of the T&T players, were effective when facing goal save Glen and Jones.  These fellas faced the Panama goal and tried to take on defenders.

They should be our starting forwards!

Offline jaden

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2005, 09:24:06 AM »
agreed withall points except jack.although he has improved alot he has looked out of sort at times,not comanding his area well, blocking shots and parrying shots onto the field that should be held. i think we should give shaka a run.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2005, 09:28:12 AM by jaden »
mistakes are stepping stones to success

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2005, 09:26:34 AM »
I think we need a predator up front ,a danger man a Jared BORGETTI
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

truetrini

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2005, 09:44:48 AM »
Triniman we nedd ah assistant equipment manager...somebody to handle de jock strp and dem too...yuh applying?

Offline pass(10trini)

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2005, 10:04:36 AM »
I agree is time to bench stern......for those who didn't recognise, is he who did mek d pass wide for eve to make de cross. Other than that I wasn't impressed with his work on field. Jack is worries in goal . Only parry parry parry . Mih eh no, but like he cyar kech or wha ? I did like the new faces in dey last night; dey give me hope. Dat dust bin terrier dat was on de ground pushing he face in rubbish(cyd gray).......... lord help oui .
Stag is a man's beer-
Ah beer is ah carib
choose one

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2005, 10:08:39 AM »
I agree is time to bench stern......for those who didn't recognise, is he who did mek d pass wide for eve to make de cross. Other than that I wasn't impressed with his work on field. Jack is worries in goal . Only parry parry parry . Mih eh no, but like he cyar kech or wha ? I did like the new faces in dey last night; dey give me hope. Dat dust bin terrier dat was on de ground pushing he face in rubbish(cyd gray).......... lord help oui .

But the pass itself to Eve was a horribly overweighted one and Eve had to run it down to the sideline... if it was the other way around Fridge woulda stand up complaining with he hand on he hip....
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline pass(10trini)

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2005, 10:09:45 AM »
Cyd if u looking and yuh see de above post doh dig no horrors pardner is jus de way ah feel at de time. Is not hate is jus piccong . Under de ole talk , stay on your foot next time nah sah. ;D
Stag is a man's beer-
Ah beer is ah carib
choose one

Offline pass(10trini)

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2005, 10:10:59 AM »
LOL FF
Stag is a man's beer-
Ah beer is ah carib
choose one

Offline oconnorg

• PROUD MEMBER OF THE WARRIOR NATION
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2005, 10:21:14 AM »
I am not a jack FAN.. But in this game Jack had Little to do.. And He only Parried One BAll..

His game really improved.. I see he Buffin Stern "Fall Alot" John and all.!! He pull he han man .!!
COMMISSIONER OF THE ANTI WAGGONIST ASSOCIATION OF TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO (AWATT)

The Warrior Nation
www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline pass(10trini)

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2005, 10:27:34 AM »
oconnor he defense help him out plenty dey rel keep panama under check. When under constant pressure he does fall apart. Being a goalie u ha to be making real hard tackle and decisions. I don't know if he should be in dey before shaka.
Stag is a man's beer-
Ah beer is ah carib
choose one

Offline oconnorg

• PROUD MEMBER OF THE WARRIOR NATION
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2005, 10:50:24 AM »
oconnor he defense help him out plenty dey rel keep panama under check. When under constant pressure he does fall apart. Being a goalie u ha to be making real hard tackle and decisions. I don't know if he should be in dey before shaka.

I agree with you totally eh man.. Again i am not the biggest Jack Fan. As a matter of fact i Blame HIM for the goal in the honduras match.!! Anyway... You think it guh be wise to change him to play Shaka At this point in time.. As he is seemingly "Finding" a riddim?.
COMMISSIONER OF THE ANTI WAGGONIST ASSOCIATION OF TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO (AWATT)

The Warrior Nation
www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline UPRISING

• Sr. Warrior
  • "Justice is what de youths dem need overall..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2005, 11:04:35 AM »
I don't think we could make a goalkeeper change at this point. If Jack is going to improve he needs to keep playing.  Beene needs to find a way to get Shaka some time as well so that we have 2 trusty custodians for the rest of the journey..cyar bench Jack now at all..dat will shake his confidence and open de door for Imps to come back and stake ah claim!

Jahyouth, spot on wit yuh ratings..need more creativity from the mids/forwards...I am impressed with the overall play of the defense..i think we have that unit sorted out..now Beene need to figure out how to generate some offense..because we have no flow or 'brand' as we say...that is not trinidad football...  at least it seems like the program have some direction..

Go Warriors..
"...de way dem deal wit Mankind all mih gyal start bawl.."

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2005, 12:12:17 PM »
So de man new name is Fridge...

Oh God allyuh go kill me yes,.

Leh we try to make dat name stick
de guy just stands like a dam fridge...  lol
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline pass(10trini)

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2005, 12:42:34 PM »
OCONNOR he coulda do better with dat second goal too . He stand in goal and watch dem man come down in the box tussling for de ball and ain even come out and stop it. And for ince he is de man after hislop in goal .UPRISING
Stag is a man's beer-
Ah beer is ah carib
choose one

1]; } ?>