March 29, 2024, 03:38:00 AM

Author Topic: Kanu: It's all about money!.....(not loyalty)  (Read 3836 times)

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
Kanu: It's all about money!.....(not loyalty)
« on: December 15, 2006, 10:27:51 AM »
Look how Kanu going and start tuh get boo at Fratton Park.....he is so stupid!!

www.skysports.com

Kanu has suggested that loyalty means nothing to him by admitting that he might fancy a move away from Fratton Park in January.

The Nigerian striker only joined the club at the start of the season and has been an unexpected success in his time thus far.

Kanu is currently the Premiership's joint top scorer with nine goals, and his efforts have propelled Portsmouth into an unlikely position of fourth in the table.

However it has been rumoured that Ajax are lining up a bid for the lanky forward, and Kanu admits that he could be enticed away from Pompey by a better offer.

"It's all about the money. If a better offer comes, I will take it," Kanu told a Nigerian radio station.

"I appreciate Portsmouth and their fans but I am just waiting for the January transfer window to come - let's see what will happen."

Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline NYtriniwhiteboy..

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Kanu: It's all about money!.....(not loyalty)
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2006, 10:52:32 AM »
wayyyyyz he really looking for de fans to turn on him yes....But then again at least he honest. Many players would talk a set of crap bout loving de club and as de money comes calling they gone
Back in Trini...

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2006, 11:49:43 AM »
financial gain.....everyone's weakness.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline PantherX

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2006, 11:51:41 AM »
Take these stories witha grain of salt...the English press is notorious for misquoting people to breed controversy.

Offline Warlord

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2006, 12:58:19 PM »
financial gain.....everyone's weakness.

That's just another way for his agent to get Kanu a wage increase. Some agents do this all the time. I doubt Kanu will leave the prem. He will probably renegotiate a new deal in January with Portsmouth. Him and Kenwyne Jones would make a fantastic strike pair if Kenwyne moved on to Portsmouth.
"I love to see my people living in love, hate to see dem fighting and swimming in blood."

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2006, 12:58:46 PM »
The story is very misleading. Kanu only ever had a 1-year contract, so he is free to discuss moves in January, like any other player in his situation.

Offline Lower St. John

• It's All About Unity, Togetherness..........
  • Hero Warrior
  • Don't cry as it's over, continue to enjoy it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2006, 01:11:32 PM »
I hope and pray he was mis-quoted, otherwise the perception will continue that African players can be very good ballers but not all that smart.

Blessings.
Germany 2006 Was A Lifetime Experience Not To Be Forgotten!!!!!!!!!

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2006, 02:43:18 PM »
The story is very misleading. Kanu only ever had a 1-year contract, so he is free to discuss moves in January, like any other player in his situation.

so portsmouth has made no long term commitment to him. why shouldn't he be out looking to line up his next wuk? that article misleading.  >:(

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2006, 03:04:56 PM »
is nothing new...    look at Essien and Jon Obi Mikel.. look how dey were destined for other clubs.. and once money come in dey face...    money hungry

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2006, 03:33:00 PM »
is nothing new...    look at Essien and Jon Obi Mikel.. look how dey were destined for other clubs.. and once money come in dey face...    money hungry

U sounding like a real bitter ManU fan. Remember Forlan was supposed to go Middlesborough and end up getting raft by Manu in after he already passed his Middlesborough physical...well he end up being a hound, now Essien and Obi Mikel blank allyuh......karma is a bitch  ;D

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2006, 05:03:26 PM »

U sounding like a real bitter ManU fan. Remember Forlan was supposed to go Middlesborough and end up getting raft by Manu in after he already passed his Middlesborough physical...well he end up being a hound, now Essien and Obi Mikel blank allyuh......karma is a bitch  ;D

lol i didnt really meant it like that.. i meant that because they grew up poor they grabbing at any money dey see.. especially obi mikel..  but i guess is understandable  but dey should put loyality and passion first

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2006, 05:31:30 PM »
how do you know they grow up poor? not every soccer player from africa grow up playing barefoot. There are many many rich people in africa try and do not sterio type.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2006, 05:36:56 PM »
how do you know they grow up poor? not every soccer player from africa grow up playing barefoot. There are many many rich people in africa try and do not sterio type.

yeah but 1 would suppose they werent rich

Offline thane

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2006, 01:53:04 AM »
yeh but ..the club has no loyalty to players either..so why shud dey have loyalty to the club? football is a business....lets be real

Offline Madd Ras#13

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2006, 08:59:33 AM »

lol i didnt really meant it like that.. i meant that because they grew up poor they grabbing at any money dey see.. especially obi mikel..  but i guess is understandable  but dey should put loyality and passion first

yuh mean loyalty n passion tuh dey money and whey dey feel comfortable playin becoz how u expect ah man dat born n grow in another country to have full loyalty for ah man u or liverpool etc wen dey didnt born in de streets of manchester or liverpool etc
all dat is necessary is necessary

Offline black chinee

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2006, 09:02:50 AM »
ah mean everybody does think it... but he take it to a next level by juss coming out and saying it...lol... de man aint cater nah ;D ;D

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2006, 10:28:47 AM »
What is loyalty really?in the world of Football it's business down the line,these clubs making a mint off a those guys,all of them moving because of money,Kanu was struggling the past year or so, now he pick himself up to where everybody wants him why not take advantage of it.Look at Ballack and Cheva why people don't say they went Chelsea for the money they can't see their way big disappointment.How long does Kanu have in the game,it's a matter of take care of yourself.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2006, 10:31:16 AM by Coop's »

1]; } ?>