April 26, 2024, 12:15:56 PM

Author Topic: Imagine if Wim does this  (Read 3126 times)

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Imagine if Wim does this
« on: December 15, 2006, 11:07:28 AM »
Bora gives tips to local coaches
www.jamaica-star.com

New national technical director Velibor 'Bora' Milutinovic met with National Premier League coaches yesterday and gave them some quick coaching tips at the Jamaica Football Federation's office in New Kingston.

However, there is no word who will be his assistant coach as Star Sports understands that was not discussed.

Bora, who was officially named technical director on Thursday, will use a local coach as his assistant for the first two years of his four-year contract.

'drawing board'

During their meeting, which was described as a "relaxed, getting to know" session, Bora used videos and a football 'drawing board' to bring across his points.

Portmore United coach Paul Young said one of the most interesting points was his philosophy of not playing 11 versus 11 in training.

"He focuses on smaller groups of players because the space you are actually using in a game at any one time is so small," said Young.

"He really wanted to get an idea where we are and see if our ideas are the same and get some feedback," he added.

Harbour View coach Lenworth Hyde said Bora also focused a lot on the organisation of the team and its importance to success.

Former national coach Geoffrey Maxwell said he welcomed the session with the new technical director.

"I think it was a good first move by the coach. We're not alienated," said Maxwell.

"Sometimes the national coaches separate themselves from local coaches but Bora was very warm and friendly and has a good sense of humour."

Hyde also said the coaches had an open invitation to training sessions.

"He said we can come and watch the training and he gave each of us his cell number," Hyde said.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2006, 08:56:50 AM by triniman »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Bora urges patience
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2006, 03:10:27 PM »
Bora upbeat
New TD expresses confidence in Boyz's chances for 2010 World Cup
BY IAN BURNETT Sport Editor
Friday, December 15, 2006

Serbian Velibor 'Bora' Milutinovich is confident that Jamaica's Reggae Boyz possess the talent to qualify for the FIFA World Cup Finals in South Africa in 2010, but he has asked for self-belief, respect, discipline and patience as he goes about building his team.

The 62-year-old Milutinovich was addressing an audience moments after being officially introduced by the Jamaica Football Federation (JFF) as the new technical director at the Jamaica Pegasus yesterday.

"I know I am not familiar with the players, but I know in Jamaica we are rich with the young players, they have the speed, they have the talent, and now I need to see them to make a better assessment of what we can do in the future.
"I am very optimistic, I think positively, I think we are going to do something important, the only question is that we need to have patience," he added.

In a jovial, but carefully worded response, Bora, seen as a magician due to his exploits at the World Cup Finals, said the real magic word in Jamaica is RESPECT. "We need to respect each other (in order to succeed)," he said. "We need to believe in the coach and everybody needs to believe in everybody. Discipline and the right attitude are also key elements of the building of a good team."

He added: "If you want to be a good team, for that you need to build team spirit, but to play good, you need to have normally good balance, you need to have good organisation... it is so simple to say it, but with time you can build it."

The coach, in the presence of a group of locally-based Reggae Boyz, hinted that players of all ages would get a chance to prove their worth in his set-up. "First, we have only two years to build the team, and my experience tells me it is not important your age, but what you can give the team. I always, in my teams, have one or two players over 30 years.

They give experience, they are the leaders in the field, there are so many things you need to analyse. If you are a good player, meaning technically, tactically, good team discipline., it is not important what age you have," he said.
"I laugh all the time, and I have sentiments, but when it comes to football, I am not sentimental. I take football seriously and I expect hard work from all my players."

Bora is initially seeking to identify about 22 locally-based players in the second week of January to add to the overseas-based players in an effort to build a quality pool of players for the campaign.

It was an elated JFF boss Crenston Boxhill who officially announced details of Bora's contract.
"The Jamaica Football Federation has signed a four-year contract with Mr Velibor "Bora" Milutinovich to be the technical director for the national football programme for the country," Boxhill said.
The contract, reportedly valued at US$1 million per year, took effect on November 16, 2006, the day after Bora watched the Boyz play out a 1-1 draw with Peru at the National Stadium. It will run through November 15, 2010.

The new TD's salary will be undertaken by the Government, in collaboration with private sector companies - Jamaica National Building Society (JNBS), Red Stripe, National Commercial Bank (NCB) and Digicel.
Other companies participating in the coach's overall package are General Motors and Courts.

But Air Jamaica, Life of Jamaica, Wisynco, PetCom, JUTC, Sports Development Foundation (SDF) and the Jamaica Observer are also primary sponsors of the JFF.

According to Boxhill, Bora - the only man to have coached five different teams at the World Cup Finals - Mexico (1986), Costa Rica (1990), the United States (1994), Nigeria (1998) and China (2002) - will have primary responsibility for the preparation of the national senior team for Jamaica's qualification for the World Cup in South Africa in 2010.

"In addition, and I stress, he will give overall guidance to the varying units of the national programme, some of which are in the final preparation stages of World Cup qualification," added the JFF boss.

Since his appointment, Bora has visited games at the national and local levels of the sport, including the National Premier League, Super League and the school level. He has also performed international duties, visiting Europe on a trip to the Far East recently, where he met with a number of the overseas-based players after watching them in action.

"The federation is extremely pleased with this appointment and considers it of fundamental and strategic importance to the development of the game in Jamaica," continued Boxhill.

"We are first of all pleased because of the incomparable international experience, knowledge, technical expertise and accomplishments that he brings to this new assignment. We are secondly very pleased with the appointment because of important components to the agreement. In particular, we are happy that the technical director has agreed to work very closely in the initial two years with our local coaches. We wish again to note that his willingness to do this was highly influential in the federation's decision to hire coach Milutinovich."

President Boxhill also used the opportunity to publicly acknowledge the input of former head coaches Carl Brown and Wendell Downswell, as well as all national coaches at all levels.
The JFF boss also hinted that it might not have been the last of Brown at the national level.

"It certainly was not the first and I have the strange and pleasant feeling it would not have been the last time, when Carl would have given of his experience in the interest of the national football programme."

Downswell, too, could form part of Bora's support staff, as the new TD is set to meet with as many of the local coaches as possible this afternoon. The coach, through a process to be decided by himself and the federation, will select his local support staff. Bora will also meet with the technical committee this morning.

Meanwhile, representatives of the main sponsors - Air Jamaica, Digicel, Red Stripe, Jamaica National and NCB - welcomed Bora and reassured the TD and the nation of their commitment to the FRi "Back to Africa" campaign.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2006, 07:44:23 AM »
Local coaches hail new technical director
published: Saturday | December 16, 2006

Milutinovic

Howard Walker, Staff Reporter

New technical director Velibor 'Bora' Milutinovic yesterday met with several local coaches to share his ideas and experience at the Jamaica Football Federation (JFF) head office.

Milutinovic, who was officially introduced as technical director on Thursday by the JFF, said the meeting went well.

"I speak with the coaches about my experience and life and the feedback was superb," he told The Gleaner moments after the meeting. Milutinovic painted his coaching picture for the premier league coaches of the 4-4-2 system and invited them to watch his training sessions and visa versa.

When asked if he was introducing one playing system for all local coaches so the players would come to the national set up already prepared?

No, not one system. Everybody knows what is better for them,," he replied.

Apart from the familiarisation meeting, Milutinovic has organised six games in January to have a look at local players across the island.

On Tuesday, January 9, two Kingston and St Andrew Football Association (KSAFA) Under-23 teams and two senior teams will play under the watchful eyes of the new technical director.

Between the 16th and 23rd, he will take a look at players from the Eastern, Western and South Central Confederations.

On January 31, a Confederation Selection will tackle a National Select XI by then Milutinovic will have a better idea of the top players locally.

All the coaches that The Gleaner spoke to were impressed with Milutinovic's philosophy and thought the football programme is in capable hands, especially since he thought it fit to meet with the local coaches early.

In attendance were Geoffrey Maxwell, Wendell Downswell, Wayne Fairclough, Barrington Gaynor, Calvin Fitzgerald, Christopher Bender, Lenworth Hyde, Paul Young and Donovan Hayles.

Top local coach, Geoffrey Maxwell, thought the new coach got off to a good start. "Overall he has approached it in the correct way by getting to know the various club coaches. This will give the local coaches a chance to give some suggestions on what the Jamaican psyche is about".

Maxwell, who recently parted company with Seba United said the meeting was also interesting and went well.

Said Maxwell: "I thought the session went over very humorous and he is an intelligent person and he knows what he wants. He gave us brief ideas of how he plans to go about it,.

Glendon "Admiral" Bailey, coach of Arnett Gardens, endorsed the JFF's choice of technical director and was impressed by his thoughts, some of which he had started implementing at Arnett Gardens recently.

"Sometimes when we tell the players they don't believe, so it is good that they hear from an established coach with experience," he pointed out.

He continued: "Every coach has their own philosophy and the transition would be easier if the premier league coaches try and get the players on a more organised basis, so when they come to that level, they just make the transition."

Barrington Gaynor, coach of premier league champions Waterhouse, noted that "Bora" stressed the importance of proper organisation.

"He emphasised organisation... He explained what we should do whenever certain situations arise," Gaynor said.

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2006, 08:15:35 AM »
any bets ??? Reggaeboyz qualifying for 2010 I gurantee dat....
war...
Black Lives Matter..

truetrini

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2006, 08:23:02 AM »
war...

how you could guarantee dat?

Because dey have Bora as dey coach?

We kech we arse with ah big coach like Bertille, and yuh feel Bora could jes make dem qualify? ;D

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2006, 08:33:59 AM »
war...

We kech we arse with ah big coach like Bertille, and yuh feel Bora could jes make dem qualify? ;D
lawd have mercy ... did yu sey big coach Bertille? .. Nah man de reason I gurantee Reggaeboyz qualifying is ...
Costa Rica have medford as Coach( he never coach no international innah him life)
USA tek some looser from A MLS team to coach dem..
Trinidad doesnt have de pool of players who is International caliber ( dais wey de coach whimp sey)
So it look like Mexico and Jamaica have de best chance so far...
de next 2 teams could be either  Honduras , Cuba, Haiti  or USA,
Black Lives Matter..

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Imagine if Wim does this
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2006, 08:56:08 AM »
How would local club coaches will react ....... if he gave them some tips on training would they take it ? ....... did any go to Leos  sessions ? i see the Jamaican coaches are quite welcoming

Offline black chinee

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2006, 09:06:56 AM »
How would local club coaches will react ....... if he gave them some tips on training would they take it ? ....... did any go to Leos  sessions ? i see the Jamaican coaches are quite welcoming

Yeh Jamal Shabaz was at quite a number of Leo's sessions... and would always ask him questions cause he is also a journalist.... so guess it paying off in Guyana's successes 8) 8)

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2006, 09:36:25 AM »
war...

lawd have mercy ... did yu sey big coach Bertille? .. Nah man de reason I gurantee Reggaeboyz qualifying is ...
Costa Rica have medford as Coach( he never coach no international innah him life)
USA tek some looser from A MLS team to coach dem..
Trinidad doesnt have de pool of players who is International caliber ( dais wey de coach whimp sey)
So it look like Mexico and Jamaica have de best chance so far...
Yeah this Bora hiring have me a bit antsy ,the man is a proven winner ..wim ain't show we nutting yet either .

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2006, 03:44:48 PM »
So nice to be back online. Just passing through, Ah miss this bad....

But back to this post....Wimp is not we TD so he have no business giving we coaches anything,,,,,,, That is why we have LP(he still here right?)

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2006, 01:10:11 AM »
So nice to be back online. Just passing through, Ah miss this bad....

But back to this post....Wimp is not we TD so he have no business giving we coaches anything,,,,,,, That is why we have LP(he still here right?)

He Confined to goal keeping coaching i believe. And no....dahs not my words. Den people want to wonder if the people who running our football really have its best interest at heart. ::)
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2006, 01:21:17 AM »
 This is a point ah trying to make for the longest time.
Instead of just talking about how slow and low caliber our players are , why wimp de genius ent give some advice to the federation , pfl coachs,ssfl coachs on what the real deficiencies are what his style is etc ?
So that when he finally decides to play these backward players at  least he might get 1 or 3 of them that have a clue?
Wimp does remind mih of a old sportsmaster in QRC , for PE he would take ah old ball an throw on de field and tell men play a game for the double period an anybody who could trap the ball or kick hard getting above 50% marks and everybody else getting 50%
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2006, 09:36:21 AM »
Instead of just talking about how slow and low caliber our players are , why wimp de genius ent give some advice to the federation , pfl coachs,ssfl coachs on what the real deficiencies are what his style is etc ?
So that when he finally decides to play these backward players at  least he might get 1 or 3 of them that have a clue?

yuh think they would take him on?

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2006, 11:16:07 AM »
All yuh givbe it a rest nah. If all yuh eh like Wim no probs but who tell all yuh that the TTFF want adivce. Tell fellas like the way they goin
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2006, 01:31:10 PM »
1. Costa Rica have medford as Coach( he never coach no international innah him life)
2. USA tek some looser from A MLS team to coach dem..
3. Trinidad doesnt have de pool of players who is International caliber ( dais wey de coach whimp sey)
4. So it look like Mexico and Jamaica have de best chance so far...

This is a very stupid post.......i hope this was supposed to be funny. 

My repsonses.

1. Please tell me what international team klinsmann had before he coach germany.

2. Check de man C.V., he is a developer of players and he is more than good enough to take USA pass concacaf opposition (and besides that, i think he is only an interim coach)

3. He was refering to the local players, but our foreign based are strong enough to compete for a spot in South Africa.

4. So easliy u comparing yuhself tuh mexico? steups. Ah know for sure that mexico wouldnt let St. Vincent beat them in a competitive game!!

ah love it!!

please warmonga, say yuh was kixing....
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2006, 10:25:16 PM »
kixing ... Mi nuh innah dat dread I saying it as I see it.. Trinidad Joking right now .. Trinidad think because we went to germany we place book in South Africa already.. Its going to be tough the road aint easy. So far I feal Jamaica have tek a big step by getting Bora , CR and USA coaching staff look Jokey to mi though... I cya see CR and USA going anyway wid dem coach de have dey...
Best of luck to our Warriors but I aint like how things looking so far.. I really cant wait for this digicel cup (or whatever they call it now)
to see how the younger players handle Guyana, Barbados , cuba ST vincent and de rest...
war...
Black Lives Matter..

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2006, 12:22:12 PM »

New national technical director Velibor 'Bora' Milutinovic met with National Premier League coaches yesterday and gave them some quick coaching tips  at the Jamaica Football Federation's office in New Kingston.

Didn't Beenie try that and nobody showed up?
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline CK1

• Sr. Warrior
  • Man of Faith and Integrity
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2006, 02:51:54 PM »
Good point...
no body can tell Trini anything about football...we is football genius; we know it all...you can't bring anyone to give us tips on the game we invent. We have an uncle with pull in FIFA so we have a VIP pass to South Africa; we have the most talented local players in the world...even more than Brazil; we have the most knowledgable local coaches in the world...even more than the Dutch. We have the worlds greatest Football Federation...even greater than than the English; German; French; and Italian
So what you think WR , AC and LP could do for our football? >:(
Jesus Christ...King of Kings and Lord of Lords!

1]; } ?>