April 27, 2024, 07:11:01 PM

Author Topic: Corneal said coaches will get more training  (Read 3200 times)

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
Corneal said coaches will get more training
« on: December 15, 2006, 11:40:41 AM »
Corneal said coaches will get more training
By: Elwin Francis (Antigua Sun)

Friday December 15 2006

Former Trinidad & Tobago national player and coach Alvin Corneal said football coaches in Antigua & Barbuda will get more opportunities to improve their skills. Corneal, who is FIFA’s technical director for the Confederation of North, Central American and Caribbean Association Football (CONCACAF), is currently in Antigua conducting an Olympic solidarity football coaching course, which will conclude today.

Twenty two coaches from all across Antigua & Barbuda are currently participating in workshop, which is being hosted by the Antigua & Barbuda Football Association.

Corneal, who is also on the FIFA Technical Study Group Committee and a qualified FIFA coaching instructor, said at the end of the 11-day course which is sponsored by the International Olympic Committee and FIFA, more opportunities will be available for Antigua & Barbuda’s football coaches to improve their skills and knowledge of the game.

“The coaches can certainly get more opportunities to improve their skills. There are a lot of things that will allow them the opportunity to do it,” Corneal said. “The first thing is, if they get started like on this current course, their next one will be a FUTURO II course and then eventually a FUTURO III course depending on how quickly they develop.

“FIFA makes that decision based on our (coaching instructors) report as to where the standard is at this point in time, where they are likely to go and how long it will take them to sort of graduate to the next stage.

“It all depends on how much coaching these coaches would have done in their country with their clubs – some of them with their national teams and youth programmes – but it will be based on their participation.”

Meanwhile, Corneal said although he has seen only premier league match since he has been here to conduct the coaching clinic, it left him with a good impression as to the level of football in Antigua & Barbuda.

“I have only seen one game and that was a game last Sunday afternoon where two of the teams were playing at the police grounds. Other than that we have been doing the course. Actually, I have a good impression after what I saw on Sunday although it was only one match,” Corneal said.

“Maybe some of the times the players here get a little bit temporarily hot on the collar, but that’s the price of passion. I am also aware that there are a number of players from outside, especially from Jamaica.

“Some of the players I have seen are Jamaican, but the quality of the game was reasonably good. What I think is necessary is the continuity of trying to train hard, trying to understand the game a little bit more and trying to play at a more committed level.

“It seems to me that, like I watched the first half of the game, and the game was much quicker in the first half than it was in the second, which means that the fitness level would have been dropping.

“And they made more mistakes in the second half, which means that mentally and physically they were a little bit more deficient in the second half than they were in the first.

“That is something that could be improved with time and with proper coaching. That is the reason why we have the coaching course.”

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Corneal said coaches will get more training
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2006, 12:09:03 PM »
I hope corneal organizing and not actually instructing.

but kudos to him for spending the time to develop football in the carribean.

Offline CK1

• Sr. Warrior
  • Man of Faith and Integrity
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2006, 02:31:06 PM »
I hope corneal organizing and not actually instructing.

but kudos to him for spending the time to develop football in the carribean.
Are you questioning his ability to instruct the course? If so...why?
Jesus Christ...King of Kings and Lord of Lords!

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2006, 03:34:21 PM »
I am questioning his coaching ability based on the performance of his teams in the past

Offline CK1

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2006, 06:04:58 PM »
I am questioning his coaching ability based on the performance of his teams in the past
So are you implying that his past coaching record (how long has it been since he coached a team!!!) determines his ability to be an effective FIFA instructor?  Perhaps this is more of his forte than coaching teams. There are so many areas of the game that one can attain certain levels of success...some as players, some as coaches and some as coaching instructors. John Barnes was a brilliant player but failed as a coach; but many accomplished coaches struggle as instructors. Alvin Corneal is actually one of the best coaching instructors in the world.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2006, 09:37:07 PM »
Once he doh coach like he does commentate. It's a goal TNT finally gets it right. The most important goal in TNT history
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Socafan

• Hero Warrior
  • Sweet sweet T&T.Oh how ah luvup mi Country
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2006, 01:29:41 AM »
So are you implying that his past coaching record (how long has it been since he coached a team!!!) determines his ability to be an effective FIFA instructor?  Perhaps this is more of his forte than coaching teams. There are so many areas of the game that one can attain certain levels of success...some as players, some as coaches and some as coaching instructors. John Barnes was a brilliant player but failed as a coach; but many accomplished coaches struggle as instructors. Alvin Corneal is actually one of the best coaching instructors in the world.

CK1..dat stand fuh Corneal Kid 1..Corneal first kid? You is Anton?
Two islands are better than one.

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2006, 09:14:59 AM »

I was thinking it eh........glad it wasnt only me.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2006, 01:52:30 PM »

They does be on here peeping.  While he here, I want to tell him that he right; Corneal is a very good analyst, but not a very good coach.  I've read his technical analysis of major tournamets, and they are well scripted.  That probably is his forte, as he is not a very effective coach.  While yuh on here Anton, please get Whim to impart some technical knowledge on the PFL coaches.  Yuh see how Bora give all the coaches of Jamaica's national league his cell, and make himself an open resource to them.  Please make another effort to reach out to our local coaches, even though I know some ah dem feel they already Uefa Pro License caliber.

Offline RGarcia

• Forward To Mid-Field to Defense
  • Hero Warrior
  • Who Jah bless, no man curse!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2006, 08:01:16 PM »
yeah i hear them men is be on the site snooping around and thing. but they aint learning nothing like we have to mix what we sayin and put it in theri food. :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
All American

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2006, 07:32:15 AM »
Just to let allyuh know Anton is NOT Alvin first chıld....more like the third or so  ;D

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline ANC2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2006, 07:45:00 AM »
Ah wonder why the TTFF never ask SH to come down and do some course with youth coaches. I sure he would be happy to help.

Offline CK1

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2006, 02:28:57 PM »

They does be on here peeping.  While he here, I want to tell him that he right; Corneal is a very good analyst, but not a very good coach.  I've read his technical analysis of major tournamets, and they are well scripted.  That probably is his forte, as he is not a very effective coach.  While yuh on here Anton, please get Whim to impart some technical knowledge on the PFL coaches.  Yuh see how Bora give all the coaches of Jamaica's national league his cell, and make himself an open resource to them.  Please make another effort to reach out to our local coaches, even though I know some ah dem feel they already Uefa Pro License caliber.

OK. since a few of you seem to think this is Anton, Alvin's 1 st son, from your deduction and analysis of CK1. (Thanks VB for correcting the misinformation!)  I'll stop your madness and false innuendos by clarifying that CK1 stands for CHRIST THE KING...WHO IS # 1 IN MY LIFE. I GLORIFY AND ACKNOWLEDGE HIM IN ALL THAT I DO...RESPECT!!!
Let's continue with the discussion about Alvin's abilities as a coaching instructor. If you have been to a coaching course and have seen him or any other instructors, how does he compare? Based on what I've seen, in my opinion he is one of the best. I've also seen former Scotland coach Craig Brown in action as an instructor and he was brilliant...not very good results as the Scottish manager though.
PS: Bora is also the TD for the JFF so giving the local coaches access to his cell phone so he can be an open resource is a different scenario. Lp is the TD of the TTFF and maybe he is the one who needs to give open access to the local coaches and the one who should be the one to impart some technical knowledge to the PFL coaches.

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2006, 02:32:26 PM »
I guess we doh have no budding Sherlock Holmes on "Monk," on this site
 ;D :rotfl:

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline CK1

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2006, 03:03:34 PM »
I guess we doh have no budding Sherlock Holmes on "Monk," on this site
 ;D :rotfl:

VB
I guess not!
However, we do have posters with unsupported opinions who moonlight as soccer (soca) fans; who drink too much Bourbon while listening to their reggae music " Meh na work on ah Sunday". :rotfl: ;D

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2006, 04:30:31 PM »

OK. since a few of you seem to think this is Anton, Alvin's 1 st son, from your deduction and analysis of CK1. (Thanks VB for correcting the misinformation!)  I'll stop your madness and false innuendos by clarifying that CK1 stands for CHRIST THE KING...WHO IS # 1 IN MY LIFE. I GLORIFY AND ACKNOWLEDGE HIM IN ALL THAT I DO...RESPECT!!!
Let's continue with the discussion about Alvin's abilities as a coaching instructor. If you have been to a coaching course and have seen him or any other instructors, how does he compare? Based on what I've seen, in my opinion he is one of the best. I've also seen former Scotland coach Craig Brown in action as an instructor and he was brilliant...not very good results as the Scottish manager though.
PS: Bora is also the TD for the JFF so giving the local coaches access to his cell phone so he can be an open resource is a different scenario. Lp is the TD of the TTFF and maybe he is the one who needs to give open access to the local coaches and the one who should be the one to impart some technical knowledge to the PFL coaches.

Well they confine the man to coaching goal keeping duties.....so i guess that wont be happening.........
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

1]; } ?>