April 28, 2024, 11:45:56 PM

Author Topic: Cyd Gray  (Read 38555 times)

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Cyd Gray???
« Reply #150 on: August 23, 2006, 03:17:39 PM »
Hi Marc.

Hear what you are saying. But I still don't agree with this sentance. "The players dont get on tv and scouts dont coming looking."

Could you tell me how many players have been bought from your club in the last couple of years by Premeirship league teams?

If he plays well this season for Yeovil and he plays well for jabloteh, he will be noticed more if at Yeovil.  simple as that!!

In any case, why do u feel the need to ask this question? Are u a scout?

Does cyd gray owe u a large sum of money and u need him to get a big contract fast so that he can pay u back?  Why the insistance on the premiership?

Just be happy for the players.  Are u based in Trinidad? When last u went to a PFL game?  I tell u marc, the standard is poor.  The only good games are the major match ups between Jabloteh and W Conn (and sometimes they chose to fight). 

Plus playing in front of larger crowds on a weekly basis is another factor. This does not mean that i want to settle for mediocrity, it just means that i am a realist! I think we only have two players that can stand up to the rigors of the premierleague........carlos and brent!!

ah love it!!

Glen, Whitley, and Kenwyne can cut it in the EPL
Hart for president

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: August 23, 2006, 03:28:42 PM »

Glen, Whitley, and Kenwyne can cut it in the EPL

Cornell have to show his class over an entire season first for me to say he can stand up to the rigors of the EPL.
Kenwyne have the potential.
Aurtis is unproven and at 28 might be too late for the learning curve.

Remember how long it took Dwight to ''make it'' in England? Round 94 he finally became a regular and nobody here going to say Aurtis better than Dwight. That was because of the change of environment, it takes time to get used to the rigours of being in a big professional setup, not to mention the glimmity glammity of stardom and living on your own. Plus, the physical side of the EPL...Whitley bound to lash somebody. If you watch the bahrain game you can see the difference between Latas, Stern and Yorke to the Bahraini baiting as compared to the local pros. Is real things he will have to deal with before he can make the impact we know he capable of.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2006, 03:30:58 PM by spideybuff »
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: August 23, 2006, 03:29:28 PM »
BY the way...Yeovil get 5 from Southampton so Cyd should definitely be able to help them out.
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: August 23, 2006, 03:38:44 PM »
spideybuff,i agree glen needs to put together more full seasons and that kenwyne has the potential. but i disagree with you on whitley being too old to learn how to play in the epl. At 28 (i think hes actually older but doesnt matter with my point) it wont take him too long to adjust. a few months at most. He didnt need any courtesy time to adjust at the World Cup level where he was brilliant. His main adjustment would be with the culture.
Hart for president

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: August 25, 2006, 10:35:49 AM »
Tough luck for Cyd. From the BBC today.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/y/yeovil/5287148.stm

Yeovil target Championship player
Yeovil Town manager Russell Slade hopes to complete a deal for a striker from a Championship club before the transfer window closes.

The un-named player is available on a free transfer and Yeovil have made him an offer through his representatives.

"Hopefully we'll know by early next week if we've been successful," Slade told BBC Somerset Sound.

Meanwhile Yeovil will not be offering Trinidad and Tobago defender Cyd Gray a contract following a trial period.
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: August 25, 2006, 10:44:58 AM »
hard luck dey cyd.........he must be real shit dong he self....or.....the agent mustbe want too much money (that seems to be the excuese these days).

On the issue of Whitley, he does not have the mentality to play abroad, that is why i did not place him on the list of players who i thought could handle the premier league.

Kenwyne needs to refine his raw talent a little more and cornell needs a whole season of consistent football to really open some eyes, not just a few cameos!!

ah love it!!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: August 25, 2006, 10:49:01 AM »
hard luck dey cyd.........he must be real shit dong he self....or.....the agent mustbe want too much money (that seems to be the excuese these days).

On the issue of Whitley, he does not have the mentality to play abroad, that is why i did not place him on the list of players who i thought could handle the premier league.

Kenwyne needs to refine his raw talent a little more and cornell needs a whole season of consistent football to really open some eyes, not just a few cameos!!

ah love it!!

To much money eh kelvin Jack had that same problem  ..... ..... how they asking for anyway a million pounds
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: August 25, 2006, 10:56:28 AM »

How so? Please clarify. Ah hear something about this before but I eh understand what allyuh talking about when allyuh talke about Whitley mentality eh right fuh playing abroad. Ah cyah disagree because me eh know de man but ah trying to understand whey allyuh coming from.
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline Jack Adams

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
    • the green room - the independent yeovil town forum
« Reply #158 on: August 25, 2006, 11:03:34 AM »
I'm trying to find out a bit more info for you all about Cyd.

Offline Jack Adams

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
    • the green room - the independent yeovil town forum
« Reply #159 on: August 25, 2006, 12:00:40 PM »

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: August 25, 2006, 12:03:05 PM »
thanks Jack adams gray should go to sweden
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: August 25, 2006, 12:04:29 PM »

How so? Please clarify. Ah hear something about this before but I eh understand what allyuh talking about when allyuh talke about Whitley mentality eh right fuh playing abroad. Ah cyah disagree because me eh know de man but ah trying to understand whey allyuh coming from.

i dont understand either. he had the maturity to cut it at the World Cup. What evidence or basis you sayin that he doesnt have the mentality?
Hart for president

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Cyd Gray
« Reply #162 on: October 11, 2008, 10:16:37 PM »
I sorry to mek a new thread bout this . But This man salty dread.. every farking game I watch he play in he gets a red card.. another one is Avery John. My Personal taughts on Gray he should be droped from the squad totally. He have cost us many times and needs to be dropped from the squad. Both cards according to the reporters did not look like his fault , but he blight ... de man salty to rass  wey all yuh fellas think bout him ? voice a opinion.. and dat farking Ref wey WDMC wrong wid him dread.
war
Black Lives Matter..

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
Re: Cyd Gray
« Reply #163 on: October 11, 2008, 10:19:18 PM »
i doh agree, becuase the calls against the man was a bit harsh. the man had to make the tackle, the first card was questionable
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Presentation College San Fernando
« Reply #164 on: October 11, 2008, 10:20:20 PM »
it's ok to say we should drop him .... but who is a better player to fill in?
Obviously we will see auditions this week for his spot on Wed.
throw parties, not grenades.

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: October 11, 2008, 10:20:31 PM »
I sorry to mek a new thread bout this . But This man salty dread.. every farking game I watch he play in he gets a red card.. another one is Avery John. My Personal taughts on Gray he should be droped from the squad totally. He have cost us many times and needs to be dropped from the squad. Both cards according to the reporters did not look like his fault , but he blight ... de man salty to rass  wey all yuh fellas think bout him ? voice a opinion.. and dat farking Ref wey WDMC wrong wid him dread.
war
War, what I find AMAZING is that in the year 2008 FIFA cant develop GOOD refs.............absolutely Confounding situation.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2008, 10:23:23 PM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline NUFF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: October 11, 2008, 10:20:39 PM »
Dem calls was crap.  De second one wasn't even a foul.

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
  • Football is Rhythm. Yeah is Me Hammer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: October 11, 2008, 10:26:36 PM »
War, I with yuh deh Boi, Thee man is ah fool. He hug thee man leg all kinda thing. During thee game he in all thee bacchanal on thee field like ah gul from John John. Then he gone and make a hard hard hard tackle all thee way down by thee corner flag like ah clown. I agree let him doh play fuh we no more. Then he take of he shin guards like ah big player and walk off thee field slow. Ah feel like ah coulda pelt meh shoes behind him. ::)
The ball is like a magnet if you continue to knock it…it will attract, and then you can attack.  Get it?

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: October 11, 2008, 10:27:49 PM »
alyuh want to drop the man , but who alyuh go put to replace him?
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #169 on: October 11, 2008, 10:28:45 PM »
Dem calls was crap.  De second one wasn't even a foul.
On the first call both players where pulling and it was actually initiated by Ruiz. A foul was probably a fair call but a card wasn't hardly necessary .

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: October 11, 2008, 10:29:35 PM »
DROP HIM 4 WHOOOOOOOOOOOO we try dem odder jokers ah ready dey not ready. Say 4 a man who in town so long he should play wit more ense but it eh have nobody betta than he.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Mock de Dread

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: October 11, 2008, 10:30:26 PM »
Fellas Nah

Leave Cyd to share his blade, those calls were poor by the REF i hope uncle jack fires that ref..

Poor Cyd ..........now if yall had said that cyd should never be allowed to cross a ball ever or make a overlapping run then yes i totally agree

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #172 on: October 11, 2008, 10:31:09 PM »
war
You remember what the defense looked like when Cyd was injured. You remember a certain Kern Cupid. What about Kareem Smith. Cyd eh pretty but he damn useful.

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: October 11, 2008, 10:33:31 PM »
Stewps

Cyd was unfairly sent off by that clown ref....  the 1st challenge with ruiz should have just been a word from the ref to both players and the second was a brilliant tackle

secondly... Why did the ref give cyd a second yellow but not give the free kick??

where they find that f**king man boy

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: October 11, 2008, 10:34:13 PM »
on the first one even though Ruiz initiated, Cyd basically WWF de man to de ground..  Whether or not it should have been a yellow given that there was give and take is debatable, but still....

how yuh go pelt yuh frame wild so if yuh done have ah yellow?!

was it a bad call? HELL YES... just like the one against Sweden when Avery got all ball and none of Wilhelmsson..

but at the same time it was POOR JUDGEMENT on Cyd's part to go into a tackle like that in a nonsense situation when he already was carrying a yellow.

its utter madness to suggest we should drop him, but at the same time I giving Cyd the jacket for this one.

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
  • Football is Rhythm. Yeah is Me Hammer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: October 11, 2008, 10:34:30 PM »
DROP HIM 4 WHOOOOOOOOOOOO we try dem odder jokers ah ready dey not ready. Say 4 a man who in town so long he should play wit more ense but it eh have nobody betta than he.

We really doh mean drop hiM, like drop him off thee team. Nah!  We mean drop him on he head, on hard concrete. He seem like he have ah head problem. >:(
The ball is like a magnet if you continue to knock it…it will attract, and then you can attack.  Get it?

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: October 11, 2008, 10:34:56 PM »
Thank u Jah we saw dem fellas live and know leave ah we boi alone. Hopefully dey go protest d card and we go c what happen
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: October 11, 2008, 10:35:50 PM »
so who taking Cyd place on Wednesday?  Telesford?  Michael Edwards?

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: October 11, 2008, 10:36:40 PM »
so who taking Cyd place on Wednesday?  Telesford?  Michael Edwards?

hopefully dey could call in Julias

but if not well then either Telesford(a sure red card) or C.Edwards

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: October 11, 2008, 10:36:44 PM »
For a man who play in world cup and ting he doh act as an experience player.Yuh had to know when to do yuh ting and how.Ah yellow card, like it doh mean noting to him.

1]; } ?>