March 29, 2024, 09:53:27 AM

Author Topic: Cyd Gray  (Read 38061 times)

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
Re: Cyd Gray
« Reply #210 on: October 12, 2008, 12:22:29 AM »
Put Carlos at right back, call up Kerry Baptiste to replace Cyd and we good to go.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: October 12, 2008, 01:24:49 AM »
Then he take of he shin guards like ah big player and walk off thee field slow. Ah feel like ah coulda pelt meh shoes behind him. ::)

Nah dread. That was de best play he make all game. Slow down the team give de fellas time to regroup...what de ref go do give him a third unwarranted yellow? ::)

Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline Warrior30

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: October 12, 2008, 01:33:39 AM »
i am sorry Cyd tackle was all ball. it doh matter now, but de man is a die hard. put carlos right back, and then you can put cornell on de wing. and alyuh who talking  bout AVERY, tell meh who is a better left back right now.... please tell meh???????
For de love of de game

Offline NUFF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: October 12, 2008, 01:38:31 AM »
Like small magician say the ref is ah ass.  If Cyd had committed a foul then Guatemala should have gotten a free kick.  Since Cyd got the ball then it should be a corner kick, which is what the ref gave to Guatemala.  How de ass yuh give ah man a card for a foul but don't give a free kick.  By giving a corner the ref contradicted himself.  What a fool.

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #214 on: October 12, 2008, 05:28:00 AM »
Why are ppl angry with Cyd? He did nothing wrong.

The first yellow, he was elbowed and then kicked but he got a yello.

Then he made a clean tackle and got the ball..........Red.

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline dombasil

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: October 12, 2008, 05:45:28 AM »
Any man who play at any decent level know that if you are on a yellow card, you can't a tackle like that on a man in the corner a few minutes after you just get the card. You are taking a huge chance. Yes, on all the replays we all see that he got ball. But I for one thought that he was in trouble when he pelt the tackle. You are playing away, You have to be disciplined. Dem spanish trying to get you sent off.
Nah the referee was not up to mark but Cyd let we down.

Offline Themanfriday

• That's who I am, a real
  • Hero Warrior
  • CHILD of GOD
    • View Profile
    • Dexter B. Friday
« Reply #216 on: October 12, 2008, 05:48:58 AM »
on the first one even though Ruiz initiated, Cyd basically WWF de man to de ground..  Whether or not it should have been a yellow given that there was give and take is debatable, but still....

how yuh go pelt yuh frame wild so if yuh done have ah yellow?!

was it a bad call? HELL YES... just like the one against Sweden when Avery got all ball and none of Wilhelmsson..

but at the same time it was POOR JUDGEMENT on Cyd's part to go into a tackle like that in a nonsense situation when he already was carrying a yellow.

its utter madness to suggest we should drop him, but at the same time I giving Cyd the jacket for this one.

to me it look like ruiz had d man in a headlock, den drag him dong. but daiz only after he manage to kick gray in his cojones. but daiz jus me.maybe my eyeballs bias. ???

Queen dat is jess what I did see. headlock and he pull back. ah ink WWE can that a backwards  ;DDDT
Born in SanDo
Raised in Marabella and Gasparillo
Lived in Philly
Join the US Army
Moved to Oklahoma
Deployed to Bosnia
Stayed in Hungary
Retired In Germany
Was at the WC
Cheering for Latapy
Deployed to Kosovo
Y? I don't know
Moved back to America
To live in Virginia
Retired age 44
This is my life

Offline BALL FATHER

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: October 12, 2008, 06:28:43 AM »
Cyd Gray was unfairly sent off! That tackle was as clean as a whistle,all ball. All the talk about dropping him is unjustified. At the end of the day if we all are honest Cyd Gray and Avery john are our undisputed wing backs. they have proved themselves over and over,dropping them because of their age is also ridiculous.Yes I do believe in youth but i also believe that the most qualified and suitable person for a job should be given the job. At this point they are the most suitable along with some other experience players to get us to South Africa. We tried some youths and they were not developed enough to carry us where we need to go (South Africa) at this point. They have talent but need to be nurtured and gradually groom into international football so they would be assets to the Soca Warriors whether it be in South Africa or beyond. Rushing them into international football and when they make mistakes and fail we discard them is not intelligent.

Offline signal

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: October 12, 2008, 06:44:19 AM »
so my question is..if cyd tell heself he coulda take de ball clean (and he did ), was he not suppose to  because he on a yellow card? to me dat woulda be real coward. hard luck dey cyd!!
If...
chief justice ivor archie say so
ex-chief justice sharma say so
law assoc pres martin daly say so
transpareny institute say so
Ken Gordon say so
jones p say so....then is so!!!

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: October 12, 2008, 07:41:35 AM »
Cyd had some bad luck in that game, Concacaf officiating is really deplorable...... Jack whey yuh?

What surprises me is the way Pancho's reaction to the red.... Most coaches would have thrown a hissy fit..... but not our boy... I have even seen Avram Grant more animated than this clown... ???

Is he really calling the shots?

Offline tsingh

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: October 12, 2008, 07:42:52 AM »
Just a question ... I didn't see the tackle ... But ...

If the general consensus is that Cyd get a raw deal from the ref ... can the decision be appealed?  And is anyone on the technical staff thinking about this course of action?

Offline vale

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: October 12, 2008, 07:52:52 AM »
I believe that Cyd was unlucky in the game.

The first yellow he deserved but Ruiz should have been given one as well.

The second, IMO, looked like Cyd played the ball but the tackle was aggressive too.

Oh well, it done happen and we know he missing the next game. No use crying over spilled milk.

Offline pardners

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: October 12, 2008, 07:59:26 AM »

If the general consensus is that Cyd get a raw deal from the ref ... can the decision be appealed?  And is anyone on the technical staff thinking about this course of action?

It real difficult to overturn the ref's decision...not impossible, but difficult, especially when yuh playing away from home.  Worth a try though, although I doubt TTFF going that route.
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better."        Every once in while a good post does come along.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #223 on: October 12, 2008, 08:01:12 AM »
why not play spann at either right back or right winger, or maybe just drop carlos back to right back and bring back spann

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: October 12, 2008, 08:03:31 AM »
Sancho will be in the country...... he would love the offer!

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #225 on: October 12, 2008, 08:04:50 AM »
Then he take of he shin guards like ah big player and walk off thee field slow. Ah feel like ah coulda pelt meh shoes behind him. ::)

Nah dread. That was de best play he make all game. Slow down the team give de fellas time to regroup...what de ref go do give him a third unwarranted yellow? ::)

:devil: same thing ah say last night.....and yuh see when he walk past de referee's assistant (aka linesman) he tell he something too....ah hope it was in French.... :devil: ;D
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: October 12, 2008, 08:05:24 AM »
It real difficult to overturn the ref's decision...not impossible, but difficult, especially when yuh playing away from home.  Worth a try though, although I doubt TTFF going that route.
Pardners, maybe we could ask Mexico to start the protest for the JACT (aka TTFF) ::)
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Benchwarmer

• Sr. Warrior
  • Trini to the bone...Dutch till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: October 12, 2008, 08:13:12 AM »
Any man who play at any decent level know that if you are on a yellow card, you can't a tackle like that on a man in the corner a few minutes after you just get the card. You are taking a huge chance. Yes, on all the replays we all see that he got ball. But I for one thought that he was in trouble when he pelt the tackle. You are playing away, You have to be disciplined. Dem spanish trying to get you sent off.
Nah the referee was not up to mark but Cyd let we down.

:applause: :applause:
It was a good tackle. But why would he take that chance. He done on a yellow. Doh fly down in the corner.
The ref wasnt good. So Cyd didnt notice that??? If yuh know the ref questionable, doh give him a reason to send yuh off?? Think.  plus,We only know is a good tackle cause we see the replays.

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: October 12, 2008, 08:44:13 AM »
Just before that second yellow, i done tell myself that somebody gone get break up. And dats it, with the speed and the fustration, i thought he take out the man, and daiz wha the ref get chain up with to. Cyd shoulda know better. He must have realise that the ref was making the majority of calls for Guat.

Anyhow, the reality is Cyd not there for the next game, so the question is not if we should leave him out. I felt that carlos did a good job in the back without making any rash or questionable tackles or taking easy beats. Although he made some mistakes them legs had to be tired.
Also he has the ability to make a quality overlapping run from the back or even bring the ball straight up the wing himself. This is always a good attacking option. If he not playing there, then he shouldnt start.
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
Who is the most logical replacement for Cyd Gray vs the Americans?
« Reply #229 on: October 12, 2008, 08:58:07 AM »
I refuse to put Carlos there we need his attacking impetus is Osei the best option or is Julius James available?
Also will Keon be up to the game vs the US the boy does nothing defensively would hyland be a better option on the left maybe for a half?

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Who is the most logical replacement for Cyd Gray vs the Americans?
« Reply #230 on: October 12, 2008, 09:10:39 AM »
Given the current form and temperament of Carlos, he is more valuable at right back where he has proven to be very valuable.  By doing so we can also get Keon Daniel on the field whose play-making skills are absolutely necessary against he USA. 
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: October 12, 2008, 09:12:35 AM »
ALyuh never run down a man and share a blade or wha?

It was a stupid call.

Cyd was protecting the defense, felt he could have won the ball, got all ball and was unfortunate to be sent off.

If yuh watch it good...his trailing foot lick up the man, while it may seem irrelevant, the ref may have used that to justify his case.

Cyd get elbow in he belley and lash from all kinda man. Dais why yuh have to inject fear into players with Blade and Jam.

Yorke just experienced and know how to do it. Birchall real rack up man too.

Why the Guatemalan didnt get nuttin when he clothesline Wolfe, or the one who cornel belt on his way to goal.

The ref is a ass plain and simple.

BUT...I find second half the ref make up for his calls and give us plenty leeway and turn a blind eye to some fouls...Avery blade a man in the box coming down to the end that was sure penalty.

Forget Guatemala now...is USA and Cuba to feel the hurt.

Oh...Pacho...doh make the mistake and play telesford against the USa. That is all swipe and fresh breeze and he have more turnover in him dan chee mooke bakery. Play Carlos right back.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline Agent Jack Bauer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: October 12, 2008, 09:37:26 AM »
wdmc.....allyuh go drop allyuh own mudder outta ah d family fuh burning d ochro and rice

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: October 12, 2008, 09:40:02 AM »
Why the Guatemalan didnt get nuttin when he clothesline Wolfe, or the one who cornel belt on his way to goal.

The group I was liming with (and de commentators on CNMG [but dem is another story]) were saying that should have been an instant red for de Guatemalan since he was the last man Cornell past on his way to goal....not so??

But I guess it was not be with that idiot referee...but mih inquring mind want to know nah, so ah asking...
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline Agent Jack Bauer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: October 12, 2008, 09:40:26 AM »
Sancho will be in the country...... he would love the offer!
if he did at least get tuh train wit d team ah would agree

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: October 12, 2008, 10:07:31 AM »
Who want tuh cuss meh they're more than welcome , but the truth hurts, cyd need's to be disaplined for ah long time until he learn to curb his temper. football is hallf skill and half brain, so far the man does play like he brain ded.

every time he have the ball going forward he boom kicking it away to no one, he's ah mad man and ah liability. i say carlos could play the right back better than any one in our colours, so put calos there for the remainder of the qualifying, keep cyd on the pine and put glenn on the right wing, as for carlos he missed 2 clear goals against guatemala, one in the first game @ home , and now this game tonight, he needs to stay in the backline where he's ah better option. if them coaches have sense the next game would look like this.

ince

carlos                                   telesford                tallest                            avery

glenn                                                 birchall                                          daniels

yorke

stern                                  roberts

This line up shows indications of a paper coach ....... just because glen fast doh make him a winger or a wide midfielder   ......between him and Daniel on the wings the defensive cover both will give will leave our wing backs exposed do we really need this against the US?.......... Stern is Stern but he has been injured to the extent that he couldn't even play vs DR or Guatemala so with no practice games under his belt you gonna throw in an injured player into the fire over fit strikers? Yeah that make alot of sense and then his hamstring pull in 10 mins into the game....We could say what we want about Carlos but he is our best wide midfielder and most lethal attacking threat on the right wing......He also has something that most of our other players don't have...an engine that's why he can get up and down so much yet you think the best option is to negate that attacking option when we need to go for goals against the US? Roberts is a good choice but in a game of this magnitude the experience of the King (latas) is priceless few players in the world are as creative as this man he has to have the free role ...Roberts would be a good man to come on  ....that's it for now

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: October 12, 2008, 10:11:04 AM »

The group I was liming with (and de commentators on CNMG [but dem is another story]) were saying that should have been an instant red for de Guatemalan since he was the last man Cornell past on his way to goal....not so??

But I guess it was not be with that idiot referee...but mih inquring mind want to know nah, so ah asking...

yeah that shoulda be a red....

what about when the game now start and ortega clean up one of we players when he was coming out the box (i think was dwight)

"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: October 12, 2008, 10:14:24 AM »

yeah that shoulda be a red....

what about when the game now start and ortega clean up one of we players when he was coming out the box (i think was dwight)

Boy was whole damn night....but on to the next one....
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: October 12, 2008, 10:18:12 AM »
All this talk that Cyd right and Ref wrong jus wasting time. If he stayed on his feet the ref woulda have to look for something else to give a red for. The fact is he cyah play next game. So what now?- keep bitching bout the ref?
Somebody else must play RB for the next game and maybe they would do a better job. Why not have an attacking right back. All  the pressure we was under yesterday Carlos made some good tackles and came away with he ball. The fact that we come away with a draw even though we was 1 down, shows the great job the team esp the defense did.
(Muslim)

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: October 12, 2008, 10:19:30 AM »
Cyd Vicious.....  next time finish Ruiz
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

1]; } ?>