April 25, 2024, 12:51:30 PM

Author Topic: DOES STERN REALLY get GOOD service up front?  (Read 3308 times)

Offline raj

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
DOES STERN REALLY get GOOD service up front?
« on: July 11, 2005, 11:10:06 AM »
I know that will cause real lively debates and discussions but I went to the game and noticed that even though Stern was ineffective I felt that the service he got was horrible. He is not a very creative forward and seems to depend on loose balls and through passes. His ability to cause the defenders worries is little.

He must have good service or else he will slip into oblivion like he did with only minimal touches during the game.

I ASK THAT ON THIS THREAD THAT WE SEND WORDS OF ENCOURAGEMENT TO STERN JOHN AND ALL THE TT FORWARDS!

Even though it does upset me to see Stern with he  hand on the hips, complaining and acting like a child. I MUST SAy he did not do that last night.
STERN .. EVEN THOUGH YOU NOT PERFORMING LATELY I PERSONALLY RENDER 100% SUPPORT. IT WILL BE VERY difficult to make it to the WC  if you do not PEAK NOW.

GO STERN GO!

« Last Edit: September 05, 2005, 05:13:36 PM by Tallman »

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: DOES STERN REALLY get GOOD service up front?
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2005, 11:12:08 AM »
wow...somebody with brains...cool..
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2005, 11:17:30 AM »
Raj,
Does a mere physical presence alone deserving of credits? I mean we could get a lamp post and see if the results will be the same?

I mean how many more games will we need to provide him with opportunities to peak beofre it is too late? I have followed and watched Stern John from the days of u23- but as of this time, we need an effective Stern John up front or else crapau smoke we pipe!!!!!!

Offline oconnorg

• PROUD MEMBER OF THE WARRIOR NATION
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2005, 11:48:21 AM »
We might have better luck with 10 men.. Leave he out oui.. he en doing much.. Other that mark out his spot on the field.!
COMMISSIONER OF THE ANTI WAGGONIST ASSOCIATION OF TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO (AWATT)

The Warrior Nation
www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2005, 12:01:25 PM »
not 10 men just leave him out. Our players would be more creative not relying on Mr. Stern John. Last night Jones could have score if not for having to cut back to feed Stern. He is the senior player as well as the forward, wha is de scene?. Not only is your Stern John not helping Raj & Magician, he is now hurting de Team. All things coming up de road is played in for this in-effective Stern John to do nothing with. No Service, I'll say.
Stern John can be of Service and leave Jones and Scotland to start with Cornell Glen coming off de bench like a super sub.(for Now)

Stern John is like Telemarketing... its a numbers game. Throw away so many so he can score so many and since he aint score nothing and squandered at least 5 chances each game makes you wonder.   Marvin Andrews almost had 2 goals last night.
The last time we met that Team, Panama,  Dennis Lawrence (a Defender) scored the victory goal.
Maybe we back line should play upfront but who want Stern Defending de Goal...
Oh Lard-o Kelvin Jack go walk off de field and Shaka going back England...
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2005, 12:15:32 PM »
STEUPS... right now Stern John is a waste... Dennis Lawrence knock down a ball... and Stern stand up posing... right dey he did not move... watch de replay... look at de hunger Dog show to score... If Dog wasnt they I 100% sure Stern wasnt scoring that cuz de ball was more than 6 inches away... Service poor? Steups... Look at that ball theobald give him... look at that cross Samuel cut back for him... Look at Birchalls corner for Dog... Eve's cross for Glen... Glen climb so high I did not see him butt the ball... he head disappear at the top of the TV screen... He wanted it so badly... Dog header on the post... Dog came running in waving his hand for birchall... He wanted tha ball bad bad!!!!

Can you say the same for Stern.... body language ppl... The man looking like a Fridge... but like one of the supports kilkaytay... because he only falling down under minimal pressure... and when he running... lawd.. he looking like a fridge on ah trolley...

and even if it have no service... what use is a light bulb if yuh have no electricity... better to use a flambeaux... we need forwards who hungry to make things happen on dey own... service or not... thank you
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2005, 12:25:24 PM »
Stern should be benched..plain and simple.  His fans keep mentioning that he needs games to play himself back in form and his past track record.  None of the above is helping.  When his club team benched him, he responded with goals..so we ned to try that approach.  He had enough chances to play and more than enough to score.  I could understand if he was Ronaldo..(please don't say he is our version of Ronaldo)..even when Ronaldo was not scoring, he was creating chances for other players.  ANY PLAYER regardless of his track record should be benched when their performances have been poor for an extended period of time.

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2005, 12:57:57 PM »
Raj,

The man does get GIFTS........Pure sitter..

Raj where yuh based?..........I feel yuh really ent see the last 8 TT games.

Last night in the opening 10 min he get a cross and throw away.

Did you see the first game against Honduras Raj? Service or not he was in the six yard box unmarked, home free and did!

If you were in the Manny Ramjohn or Hasley crawford stadium against Bermuda it was another throw away fest from 6 inches out and open goal.

He gets crosses.

What happening too is that the players also looking to give him the ball, he calling for it and in doing so it taking away from the other players on the field.

You wouldnt believe...against Alianza Lima, the fwd combo of Yorke and Jones was some of the best attacking football TT. Yes we didnt score but we get off the ball runs, shots and fluidity.

But to be honest Raj...in terms of service he does get fed from Edwards regular and Jones if they on the field together. I cyar lie......we ent get a cross from the left side of the field since the days of bertille. In fact we get no crosses from the left side.

But yuh cannot ask if he does get service. He does get ball right tru, the question to ask is what does he do with it after he gets it.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2005, 01:03:32 PM »
Raj,

What happening too is that the players also looking to give him the ball, he calling for it and in doing so it taking away from the other players on the field.

well said touches..... de man compromising de other players for this specific reason. (if i cut the quote right)
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2005, 01:18:52 PM »
i dont care what service he gerts right now, the fact that he is always whining and NEVER running warrants a bench nex game.let him rest and regroup. 

btw why de ass he jumping like an idiot onto dog's back after the goal???he hasnt heard about the knee?
Hart for president

Offline duscam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2005, 02:25:02 PM »
stern= bahbahbah

Offline sub1

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2005, 03:50:23 PM »
I hate to say this but Stern needs to sit out the colombia game. He is totally ineffective right now and is easily marked out of a game. Let the young bucks free!!

Offline Lower St. John

• It's All About Unity, Togetherness..........
  • Hero Warrior
  • Don't cry as it's over, continue to enjoy it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2005, 04:29:04 PM »
I was/am a Stern supporter but ah cannot support a guy that scoring one out of every five or six chances.  Yes, he scoring but that scoring rate is too low at this level.  Also, Touches said it best when he said that Stern is taking away from the other players.  He is not even encouraging the others with de Captains arm band. 

Our problems on the pitch is not all about Stern but he is making it all about Stern by his ineffectiveness.

The biggest problem that I have with Stern is that he has not been creating any form of a threat on the pitch unlike Glen and Jones to mention a few.  His back to the goal all de time and unable to turn and take on the defense, is a major luxury for a defense.  This point gets to Raj assertion that he is not getting quality service.  If that is in fact the case, well then if Stern cannot change his game to become more effective on the pitch then I agree with previous posters and better we play with ten men on the field.  Maybe with a lamp post on the field the ball might hit the post and reflect into the goal.

At the end of the day, GOALS win matches.  De defense still continues to make mistakes but appears to be somewhat more composed and playing to a plan.  A little disappointed in the voom kick last night but say what........  This post is about Stern.
Germany 2006 Was A Lifetime Experience Not To Be Forgotten!!!!!!!!!

Offline raj

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2005, 06:49:18 PM »
very lively as i expected.

Many might think that this argument is not sound but Beenie still insisting on using Stern John and he once bench Butragueno in his prime .

He has been the highest goal scorer for us in the last couple of years.

All yuh might have to come to terms with the fact that even though he may not be of the highest quality who can you really replace him with.

Simply stated Beenie thinks he has no other options of any quality.

BTW I am based in FLA and I all the televised international games.

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2005, 08:35:35 PM »
who can you really replace him with.

The man who deliver in crunch time last night.......CORNELL GLENN

Kenwyne Jones is another option.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline Savannah boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2005, 01:40:00 AM »
You jes see a nice free kick into de box dat we score off and a world class cross by Glenn, and yuh wondering about Service based on de tata dat John playing. No way John coulda reach dat header dat Glenn bus de net wit. He eh hungry anymore to get up dey. When Stern jump now, he barely defying gravity. Yuh could barely slip ah shilling under dey. Control wise, Lawrence and Dog doing more dan he on de field nowadays and dat saying a lot right dey. Raj, yuh need to go back and look at de de previous WCQ games in detail. Plenty service and poor results. Ah now see why dem English Club Team supporters was riding he arse.  Maybe dey wasn't fighting him down as we thought, maybe he jes playing tata. Personally, ah find he tentative since he came back from dat bad injury. He has had some moments but he turning into bound to miss these days. Ah hope he pull out de rut soon because it seem to me dat de powers to be eh want him riding de pine. Sink or float, dis boat sailing with Stern.

Offline oconnorg

• PROUD MEMBER OF THE WARRIOR NATION
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2005, 02:32:11 AM »
I dont know if Continually playing Stern John is his payment for being totally commited to the cause.. ? But One thing for sure, eveyone is no longer ammused with his TERRIBLE, EMBARRASING form.. A forard missing EASY one on One chances? Shit man..

Anyway, one thing is for certain, He is commited to the cause, no denying that.. But he should watch some game tapes of his shit and see his own performance with his own eves, see how he ball watches and complains..! And he should be true to him self and realise he in some seriously bad form and ask beenie to sub him next time.. She en making sense.. Not contributing dick, squat, NADA.!!
COMMISSIONER OF THE ANTI WAGGONIST ASSOCIATION OF TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO (AWATT)

The Warrior Nation
www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline jaden

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2005, 06:18:51 AM »
stern is missing easy chances time and time again.he has given excellent service to t&t in the past but its crunch time now so its either shape up or ship out.we need to convert all of our clear cut chances and it will put less pressure on the team.
mistakes are stepping stones to success

1]; } ?>