April 28, 2024, 08:39:30 PM

Author Topic: When Bertile Used to Pick Cyd Cray  (Read 3923 times)

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
When Bertile Used to Pick Cyd Cray
« on: July 11, 2005, 11:46:33 AM »
men used to fight him down like crazy saying the man cannot coach and Tobago this and that.....

Now Beenie man doing the same thing
how come alyuh not cussing the coach.

Bennie man is making stupid selection mistakes.
I say this because the Charles fella was playing good and he young so why not keep him.

Also Sancho is on the Bench, By far one of TnT Best Defenders along with Dog

Maybe Cyd Gray is playing real good in Training but the man not even playing consistant for a TnT PFL team. I cannot remember him ever doing any thing.

Maybe Bennie man just trying to add speed in the back or something because I cannot see how a 30 something year old cyd grey making sense at this point in time. When we have Sancho and charles and Wolf on the bench.

Not because a Man used to be a big coach means we show accept all his "decisions"

Obviously he is not aware that Cyd Grey is a Mad-Man.

If Bertile was in charge now man would not stop cuss him for this decisions.

If we do not make it out of the first rounds
Bennie Man will have to come real good to keep his Job because we right on the brink of being out of the world cup and we need to show continuous process improvement.

Out the world cup loss to the US and Guatemala and Later for Bennie Man "Qui" because this is serious business and man not paying million dollars to coach a team to come last in the group.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: When Bertile Used to Pick Cyd Cray
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2005, 12:08:40 PM »
This is why he was called back: Cyd Gray's Inclusion
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2005, 12:09:31 PM »
To this point I am satisfied with Beenhakker's performance as coach except in a few areas.

These areas are:

1) Physical fitness..the team is struggling in the second half.

2) The selection of Cyd Gray.  I always believed Cyd was Bertille son but I would like to apologise to BSC for blaming him for such a tragedy.  The real deal is Cyd is ah obeah man.

3) His decison to give the captaincy to Stern and refusal to bench him.

Offline pass(10trini)

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2005, 12:53:20 PM »
knd I now see why forumites does pong u all de time. lol.  Alyuh ppl not easyyyyyyyyyy!!!
Stag is a man's beer-
Ah beer is ah carib
choose one

Offline rocwell

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2005, 01:09:27 PM »

How is he supposed to be responsible for their physical fitness, when he has the whole team for a week before the tournament?  Fitness (like many other things) is the individual player's responsibility.

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2005, 01:28:02 PM »
Rocwell,
You are right....but Leo being part of the technical staff is still repsonsible for all things associated with he team and the players (not fair but that is life).

Offline Jayerson

• Hero Warrior
  • Gunners for life
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2005, 01:56:17 PM »
If Cyd Gray starts another game I must question Beenhakker's sanity.

Offline rocwell

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2005, 01:59:08 PM »
Rocwell,
You are right....but Leo being part of the technical staff is still repsonsible for all things associated with he team and the players (not fair but that is life).

This statement is a contradiction.

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2005, 02:01:41 PM »

Apparently Charles and Sancho are carryin injuries... I believe that is why Gray has been getting the nod... Stern on the other hand  ??? :-\ ???
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline doc

• Hero Warrior
  • ...game, set, match.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2005, 02:04:17 PM »
;D I'm also gettin de sense dat you would question the sanity ofanyone who disagrees with your opinion. Am I right?  ;D
Live large and prosper!

jusme

« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2005, 02:52:22 PM »

I think the fitness thing is a consequence of not having a lot of constructive possession.                       If we spending most of the time chasing the ball, we will naturally get bun faster than the other team.  when you have possession you get to let the ball do the work.

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2005, 02:55:54 PM »

I think the fitness thing is a consequence of not having a lot of constructive possession.                       If we spending most of the time chasing the ball, we will naturally get bun faster than the other team.  when you have possession you get to let the ball do the work.

That is one possible reason.  The team is definitelly struggling in putting together several passes.

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
  • Take pride in yuh side!! Vibes it Up!!!
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2005, 03:09:29 PM »

If Bertile was in charge now man would not stop cuss him for this decisions.

If we do not make it out of the first rounds
Bennie Man will have to come real good to keep his Job because we right on the brink of being out of the world cup and we need to show continuous process improvement.

Out the world cup loss to the US and Guatemala and Later for Bennie Man "Qui" because this is serious business and man not paying million dollars to coach a team to come last in the group.

The fact the BSC used to cuss at grown men and call them Shirley and thing is one of the many reasons he aint coaching no more.

Even if we dont make World Cup or out the first rounds of the Gold Cup I hope Beenie stay and they keep him, the man had the team a week before this cup started and only been with Trini since when May? but you expecting complete turn around quick fast just so!!!
That is exactly why years after that unmentionable loss to the US we have not put any programs into place and find our development to be any better of now, no thought to the future or planning!!

That being said I too am puzzled by the non benching of Stern and Cyd's first 11 selection.

Offline Lower St. John

• It's All About Unity, Togetherness..........
  • Hero Warrior
  • Don't cry as it's over, continue to enjoy it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2005, 05:08:13 PM »
2) The selection of Cyd Gray.  I always believed Cyd was Bertille son but I would like to apologise to BSC for blaming him for such a tragedy.  The real deal is Cyd is ah obeah man.

Funny.  Almost fell of my chair laughing.

To be honest I cannot be overly critical with Beenie Man at this juncture, although I am disappointed in the perfromances since Mexico.  But the truth be told, what we are observing on the pitch emanates from a lack of continuity.  Beenie is still conducting auditions.  My guess is that as coach he figures he can only evaluate a player under true match conditions.

I hope we make it to the Quarterfinals but I am still not convinced that we are truly benefiting from this approach, since we are not playing a consistent eleven in preparation for the US on August 17 (and the remainder of the World Cup Qualifiers).
« Last Edit: July 11, 2005, 06:01:02 PM by Lower St. John »
Germany 2006 Was A Lifetime Experience Not To Be Forgotten!!!!!!!!!

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2005, 06:16:32 PM »
men used to fight him down like crazy saying the man cannot coach and Tobago this and that.....

Now Beenie man doing the same thing
how come alyuh not cussing the coach.

Bennie man is making stupid selection mistakes.
I say this because the Charles fella was playing good and he young so why not keep him.

Also Sancho is on the Bench, By far one of TnT Best Defenders along with Dog

Maybe Cyd Gray is playing real good in Training but the man not even playing consistant for a TnT PFL team. I cannot remember him ever doing any thing.

Bertile St. Clair is ah shit hound!! full stop, so stop making comparissons!

When was de last time u see cyd cray play in trinidad!?? U does make all these statements without any facts atall. It appears as if your fingers does be stratching u and u does just type for typing sake!

Sancho is still injured (slightly) and charles is the preferred right back.  Gray (because he is ah wild man) has been doing very well in training. He running hard and has energy tuh share.  Beenie saw that and decided to give the man a chance in de Gold cup.

Beenie give gray rope..and gray hang heself! simple as that!  Bertile is ah pure bred shit hound!  Lincoln explained to me the type of old time school boy drills that St. Clair had these fellas running.

De team playing better.  Beenie has said that the gold cup is an avenue to look at players in a competitive atmosphere without jepordizing de world cup chances.  Look and the two games that we played that were of note! Panama and Mexico! (and he subbed stern there and then)

Right now, stern is the next man getting rope from beenie, so it is left to be seen if he go hang he self!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2005, 08:57:53 PM »
Right now, stern is the next man getting rope from beenie, so it is left to be seen if he go hang he self!

Left to be seen???  How much more evidence yuh need?  Stern mus be lick up so much nanny he probably morph into one because he have more life dan 2 cyat put togeddah.

If Beenie waitin fuh Stern to ketch form he go end up like a South Steelband.  Look how long dem waitin to win a flikkin Panorama.  If Beenie really givin Stern rope, no wonder de man performin like he performin.  De amounta rope rong he neck, he dead long time....jes like how he performin on de field.

By de way...ah notice nobody eh sayin nutting bout Kelvin Jack.  Not a whimper fuh "Bring Back Imps"...."We want Shaka".....nutting so.  Jack could save..PERIOD!  And to be quite honest, he, Lawrence and Dog is de ONLY reason we have 2 points right now.

Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline StoreBayLimer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2005, 09:01:05 PM »
People blaming Cyd Gray for giving up the first goal, but is he the only one to blame.
The images below show that the ball was slipped between the feet of TWO other players. The player before the keeper tried to kick a fast moving ball instead of going for the block, with the nearly predictable result that he missed and the ball went through his legs.  Gray clearly made an error: he misjudged the trajectory of the ball and did not want to just kick it out for a corner.  It seems as though he wanted the keeper to hold it, outside and to the side  of the goal, and if the keeper did not get it then there would be a corner.  In the two games I have seen him play he seems to be  the fastest defender with a quick response time, maybe that is why he is being picked by the coaches.

And looking from another angle

« Last Edit: July 11, 2005, 09:03:13 PM by StoreBayLimer »

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2005, 09:08:15 PM »
And to be quite honest, he, Lawrence and Dog is de ONLY reason we have 2 points right now.

Give credit where credit is due.  I think we also owe alot to captain Stern for having 2 points right now.  If it wasn't for him we would have 6.

Offline soccerdaddy

• New Warrior
  • Quite Respectable Chap
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2005, 09:20:09 PM »
Those pictures are quite convincing Storebaylimer. It only increasing my pain however. It tells me that unlike other teams, with less talent who still achieve some success, ours has a very low football IQ. We suffer from performance anxiety at the wrong times. And the shittiest captain in the copa oro. Look at the performance of the Honduran captain against Columbia. ahe had what you call gumption or like the spanish like to say COJONES GRANDES.
The unexamined life is not worth living.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2005, 10:38:27 PM »
And the shittiest captain in the copa oro. Look at the performance of the Honduran captain against Columbia. ahe had what you call gumption or like the spanish like to say COJONES GRANDES.

Well if daz de case, Stern beat he back....not only he COJONES GRANDES...but EVERY DAMN TING ELSE.

He belly GRANDES

He cabeza GRANDES

He PULLIN STONES GRANDES

Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2005, 05:37:37 AM »
And to be quite honest, he, Lawrence and Dog is de ONLY reason we have 2 points right now.

Give credit where credit is due.  I think we also owe alot to captain Stern for having 2 points right now.  If it wasn't for him we would have 6.

lol.  Stern "bound tuh miss" John
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

1]; } ?>