April 29, 2024, 03:26:10 AM

Author Topic: 'Tiger' clawing for another selection.  (Read 6576 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
'Tiger' clawing for another selection.
« on: December 21, 2006, 07:46:25 AM »
By: Shaun Fuentes (TTFF).
[/size]

Midfielder Leslie “Tiger” Fitzpatrick is back in the national set up after being called up by head coach Wim Rijsbergen in the squad preparing for the Digicel Caribbean Cup.
The 28-year-old former Real Salt Lake player had been away from home on trials in Europe over the past few months where he maintained his fitness and also rejoined Salt Lake, lining up for them in Reserve Team matches this past season. He then recently signed as a guest player with Puerto Rico Islanders for the Caribbean Club Championships.
“It’ good to be recalled and my main ambition is to try and make the final squad for the tournament. I have spent the last few months keeping myself in shape, obviously with the trials in Germany and then returning to Salt Lake before ending up with the Islanders,” Fitzpatrick said.
“It was disappointing to have been part of the team leading up to the World Cup, in the qualifiers and then to not be there with the guys in Germany brought a bit of sadness not being able to be on the pitch but also a lot of joy because my heart was there with them and I was able to witness the kind of euphoria around the team. That was amazing in all aspects. But now that is something of the past and we just have to build on it, hopefully with the right infrastructure in place and I will be hoping to be part of it on the field,” Fitzpatrick added.
He has been part of the squad in training at the Ato Boldon Stadium and mentioned that Rijsbergen is trying him out in a more defensive role on the left, a new position for him. "But as a professional you learn how to adapt to things and that's what I'm doing at the moment and will continue to give it my best effort," he said. On Thursday morning at Couva, the squad of players in training will play a scrimmage against a squad of North American-based college players.

Rahim back home after completing degree

Midfielder  Brent Rahim is back home after spending the last few months completing a Bachelor of Arts in Sports Psychology an a minor in Sociology at the University of Connecticut.
Rahim, who played in T&T’s 2006 World Cup qualifying campaign before bowing out with a calf injury before the 1-0 loss to the United States, is hoping to force his way back into the national team.
Recently he had been in training with the UCONN team, which he represented up until 2000.
“I’m looking forwards to get back into the national team, even if it means just to train for the while. I would like to make the squad for the Digicel Cup squad but the coach will let me know if that’s possible. But I think once I can get back into the training then things will take its course from there. I am looking forward to giving my efforts towards the journey to South Africa 2010,” Rahim said.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2006, 07:48:18 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

TrinInfinite

Re: 'Tiger' clawing for another selection.
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2006, 08:51:57 AM »
By: Shaun Fuentes (TTFF).
[/size]

Midfielder Leslie “Tiger” Fitzpatrick is back in the national set up after being called up by head coach Wim Rijsbergen in the squad preparing for the Digicel Caribbean Cup.
The 28-year-old former Real Salt Lake player had been away from home on trials in Europe over the past few months where he maintained his fitness and also rejoined Salt Lake, lining up for them in Reserve Team matches this past season. He then recently signed as a guest player with Puerto Rico Islanders for the Caribbean Club Championships.
“It’ good to be recalled and my main ambition is to try and make the final squad for the tournament. I have spent the last few months keeping myself in shape, obviously with the trials in Germany and then returning to Salt Lake before ending up with the Islanders,” Fitzpatrick said.
“It was disappointing to have been part of the team leading up to the World Cup, in the qualifiers and then to not be there with the guys in Germany brought a bit of sadness not being able to be on the pitch but also a lot of joy because my heart was there with them and I was able to witness the kind of euphoria around the team. That was amazing in all aspects. But now that is something of the past and we just have to build on it, hopefully with the right infrastructure in place and I will be hoping to be part of it on the field,” Fitzpatrick added.
He has been part of the squad in training at the Ato Boldon Stadium and mentioned that Rijsbergen is trying him out in a more defensive role on the left, a new position for him. "But as a professional you learn how to adapt to things and that's what I'm doing at the moment and will continue to give it my best effort," he said. On Thursday morning at Couva, the squad of players in training will play a scrimmage against a squad of North American-based college players.

Rahim back home after completing degree

Midfielder  Brent Rahim is back home after spending the last few months completing a Bachelor of Arts in Sports Psychology an a minor in Sociology at the University of Connecticut.
Rahim, who played in T&T’s 2006 World Cup qualifying campaign before bowing out with a calf injury before the 1-0 loss to the United States, is hoping to force his way back into the national team.
Recently he had been in training with the UCONN team, which he represented up until 2000.
“I’m looking forwards to get back into the national team, even if it means just to train for the while. I would like to make the squad for the Digicel Cup squad but the coach will let me know if that’s possible. But I think once I can get back into the training then things will take its course from there. I am looking forward to giving my efforts towards the journey to South Africa 2010,” Rahim said.

If wim use tiger as a left back, nigel daniel will move into a role of a left winger, with hardest, theobald, whitely and baptiste in the middle, sealy on top, this is an attacking team, very attacking.... :beermug:

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2006, 08:58:47 AM »
tiger will not make the side as a left back.

They guy who has been playing there for the St Vincent game is better than him.

Tigers main problem is mobility and this will hurt him in a left back position.

hs best performances were in defensive mid where his work rate was an assest. from the time he goes to the wing is lack of pace starts showing up and this hurts him

Offline duscam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2006, 09:07:43 AM »
Tiger used to run track for st mary's you know KND and was close to a couple of national records for U15 and U17 if I remember correctly. So he not that slow :rotfl:

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2006, 10:30:34 AM »
Tiger used to run track for st mary's you know KND and was close to a couple of national records for U15 and U17 if I remember correctly. So he not that slow :rotfl:

I remember him running middle distance not sprints... ah could be wrong...
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2006, 11:00:43 AM »
tiger will not make the side as a left back.

They guy who has been playing there for the St Vincent game is better than him.

Tigers main problem is mobility and this will hurt him in a left back position.

hs best performances were in defensive mid where his work rate was an assest. from the time he goes to the wing is lack of pace starts showing up and this hurts him

Nigel Daniel

Offline Swima

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2006, 11:04:47 AM »

He was national 800m champion at U-15 level to be precise.
As for his current ambitions, I have noticed that he has become a lot more lean since he last played for the national team. His body mass during the lead up to the opening of the Hex was what may have contributed to his lack of mobility. Personally I hope it makes the difference.
Success will never take you by surprise.

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2006, 12:03:32 PM »

He was national 800m champion at U-15 level to be precise.
As for his current ambitions, I have noticed that he has become a lot more lean since he last played for the national team. His body mass during the lead up to the opening of the Hex was what may have contributed to his lack of mobility. Personally I hope it makes the difference.
So much fuh him being speedy.
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline thane

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2006, 02:24:06 PM »
i reading dat abt tiger slow......an i confused.. ???

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2006, 04:01:21 PM »
I going out on a limb and saying Rahim making the WC 2010 side. Some might laugh, but only because their memory short. I remember that Beenie had real love Rahim and was giving the man all kind of chance even while the man had no club. He just didn't want to give up on him. I willing to bet Wim love Rahim too. Glad to see the man eh done with ball...He not making my side, but it was sad to think he ahd just given up on his dream. He could be an inspiration to some youths. In any case..I telling allyuh, the Dutch crew like Rahim. And if Anton like him..well talk done..he done make the side already. Congrats to him for earning his degree

TrinInfinite

« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2006, 04:11:49 PM »
I going out on a limb and saying Rahim making the WC 2010 side. Some might laugh, but only because their memory short. I remember that Beenie had real love Rahim and was giving the man all kind of chance even while the man had no club. He just didn't want to give up on him. I willing to bet Wim love Rahim too. Glad to see the man eh done with ball...He not making my side, but it was sad to think he ahd just given up on his dream. He could be an inspiration to some youths. In any case..I telling allyuh, the Dutch crew like Rahim. And if Anton like him..well talk done..he done make the side already. Congrats to him for earning his degree

i could see rahim doing a better job as ballwinner than brichall, rahim better with the ball when he ready, i dont know about now and it will be hard tuh take dat wuk from birchie, unless the foreign completely retire...

Offline dTAYE

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
tiger SLOW???
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2007, 10:44:46 AM »
somebody got it twisted there meh boy. i was asst basketball coach at st mary's when tiger was at school. he played point guard on that team and he was no slow poke, i can tell you that. he has quick feet and very good reflexes, can read a game as good as anybody--football included in that. a lot of people watch his size, especially his height and feel he can't compete with bigger players, but he has a low center of gravity and is a very solidly packed player with a chest like a barrel. a lot like ato bolden in terms of physique.
tiger is an asset to the warriors because of his determination and ability to deal with pressure, composure under hard jammin.
somebody get their scouting report wrong on this one

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2007, 11:13:59 AM »
I wonder if his name hqas something to do with the number of tryouts that he has had in his lifetime ? Is he really deserving of these opportunities ? Is it that he has a good PR squad or is he a real talent ? I have only seen him once at the stadium when his fans were ranting ... he did not impress on that occassion.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2007, 11:25:57 AM »
I think Tiger problem is his 1v1 skill and the quality of crosses when playing on the flank. It's not just about speed, but the abillity to get down the flank successfully and make a telling cross pass.  Edwards is not the quickest but he is smart and know when to go and when not to. Things like that will make the difference for Tiger.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline lickslikefire

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: tiger SLOW???
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2007, 11:31:46 AM »
somebody got it twisted there meh boy. i was asst basketball coach at st mary's when tiger was at school. he played point guard on that team and he was no slow poke, i can tell you that. he has quick feet and very good reflexes, can read a game as good as anybody--football included in that. a lot of people watch his size, especially his height and feel he can't compete with bigger players, but he has a low center of gravity and is a very solidly packed player with a chest like a barrel. a lot like ato bolden in terms of physique.
tiger is an asset to the warriors because of his determination and ability to deal with pressure, composure under hard jammin.
somebody get their scouting report wrong on this one
jes curious....how much time pass since Tiger was at St. Mary's.....8-9 yrs

my point is, I really doh think Tiger being fast in CIC holds any water in dis argument  :beermug:

anyways I hope de man light it up tomorrow cause he always gives his all for T&T

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2007, 11:36:53 AM »
every1 is entiltled to their opinion . so cool
but i really dont see tiger starting and  i really dont believe he should be on the squad in the 1st place but wim see d man and pick him so we go see what go take place
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline Israel

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2007, 01:06:01 PM »
I think Tiger problem is his 1v1 skill and the quality of crosses when playing on the flank. It's not just about speed, but the abillity to get down the flank successfully and make a telling cross pass. Edwards is not the quickest but he is smart and know when to go and when not to. Things like that will make the difference for Tiger.

A lot of people keep talking about his crosses and his ineffiency on the wing. Tiger is not a winger. He was put there by Bertille because he was left footed but Tiger's position is in the middle. Bleeder aint no winger but at times beenie put him there.

As for Rahim, i still not writing him off. when He came on in the mexico game in mexico he played well. personally i rather Rahim over Bleeder.
If a rasta in a coma, is he still conscious?

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2007, 01:45:27 PM »
I real glad the way things turning out with this whole string of events.  real, real men geting a 2nd, 3rd and 4th chance...and in my books tha always a good thing.

1]; } ?>