June 15, 2024, 11:02:55 PM

Author Topic: U.S. youth with Trini roots signs in Bundesliga  (Read 12432 times)

Offline Rodney

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: U.S. youth with Trini roots signs in Bundesliga
« Reply #30 on: December 28, 2006, 08:15:17 AM »
Probably do what England does and they have done with Adu. Give the guy a cap, say all the right things  to him in his early career and see how he progresses. If he dosen't meet their standard they can forget him with the comfort of knowing he can't play for anyone else (i.e. T&T) just in case he is a late bloomer!

Sadly I also agree....but seeing his links to T&T aren't as tenious as some others, it seems to me that playing ball for T&T is/was not really a serious consideration for him. In my opinion, Yanks who eligible to play fuh T&T cyah really use the excuse that they never thought about representing us. Unlike Birchall, this fella living in the US and their national team play T&T regularly at all levels, we have and always have had numerous locals playing at the collegiate level and even our club teams play us teams occasionally so is not like he ain't know we does play ball or what standard we at. Birchall mother never went back to T&T after she left and until we played Scotland, I doh think T&T played in Europe since the 50's. Hardly a situation that would peak someones interest. 

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 28, 2006, 08:37:40 AM »
That crossed my mind also the same thing with quavis kirk he eh interested . but he(hill) supported us in the WC
« Last Edit: December 28, 2006, 10:15:28 AM by triniman »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 28, 2006, 08:52:50 AM »
That crossed my mind also the same thing with quavis kirk he eh interested . but he supported us in the WC

How you know that.. ?
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 28, 2006, 11:47:04 AM »
I've seen this youth play high school ball. He is really good.
Despite the Trini roots, he will remain in the US pool.
Sorry guys.

i agree

to think that a man will name one chile kaiso, and wouldn't apply any pressure ont he other youth to rep. T&T....I dunno boy...I hope I doh have to disown my lil boy when he turn 18 nah.

Offline Ponnoxx

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 28, 2006, 02:27:33 PM »
 Why we even care what happen to this guy....He not even going to play for T&T

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 28, 2006, 02:35:56 PM »
Why we even care what happen to this guy....He not even going to play for T&T

maybe his dad from south
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Ponnoxx

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 28, 2006, 03:33:40 PM »
 Triniman stop being an idiot please...Tell me what this guy has to do with T&T football at this time...He is not going to play for us so who cares...Thats great that his dad is from T&T but what does it matter if he has a good opportunity to play for the US...Who gives a rats ass where his dad come from...He is not ours!!!...So, Before fellas like yourself look for ways of helping our football no matter how small it is, you try to find stupid articles about player that not helping us...Get a coaching program...post that ...get a training guide...a DVD rip...collect Latapy clips...instead of taking stupid articles from  reggaeboyz forum (that mean nothing) and posting them...If we had found out he was legiable to play for us before his 21st birthday do you think he would switch...Do you think he would have developed in our program as he did in the US...Come on man?!

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 28, 2006, 04:18:48 PM »
Triniman stop being an idiot please...Tell me what this guy has to do with T&T football at this time...He is not going to play for us so who cares...Thats great that his dad is from T&T but what does it matter if he has a good opportunity to play for the US...Who gives a rats ass where his dad come from...He is not ours!!!...So, Before fellas like yourself look for ways of helping our football no matter how small it is, you try to find stupid articles about player that not helping us...Get a coaching program...post that ...get a training guide...a DVD rip...collect Latapy clips...instead of taking stupid articles from  reggaeboyz forum (that mean nothing) and posting them...If we had found out he was legiable to play for us before his 21st birthday do you think he would switch...Do you think he would have developed in our program as he did in the US...Come on man?!

yuh should tackle  andre samuel also about posting that article on drogba and jah gol post on ronaldinho soccer opening a  school. and also delete that topic about Antonio Cassano and Mahamadou Diarra cause dat not helping us also
« Last Edit: December 29, 2006, 08:57:54 AM by triniman »

Offline ChipChipSilver

• 'Let the Good Times Roll'
  • Sr. Warrior
  • Do you feel like working today?
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 28, 2006, 08:32:25 PM »
Triniman stop being an idiot please...Tell me what this guy has to do with T&T football at this time...He is not going to play for us so who cares...Thats great that his dad is from T&T but what does it matter if he has a good opportunity to play for the US...Who gives a rats ass where his dad come from...He is not ours!!!...So, Before fellas like yourself look for ways of helping our football no matter how small it is, you try to find stupid articles about player that not helping us...Get a coaching program...post that ...get a training guide...a DVD rip...collect Latapy clips...instead of taking stupid articles from reggaeboyz forum (that mean nothing) and posting them...If we had found out he was legiable to play for us before his 21st birthday do you think he would switch...Do you think he would have developed in our program as he did in the US...Come on man?!

:applause: :applause: :applause:
In Everything, Give Thanks

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 28, 2006, 08:41:23 PM »
Triniman stop being an idiot please...Tell me what this guy has to do with T&T football at this time...He is not going to play for us so who cares...Thats great that his dad is from T&T but what does it matter if he has a good opportunity to play for the US...Who gives a rats ass where his dad come from...He is not ours!!!...So, Before fellas like yourself look for ways of helping our football no matter how small it is, you try to find stupid articles about player that not helping us...Get a coaching program...post that ...get a training guide...a DVD rip...collect Latapy clips...instead of taking stupid articles from reggaeboyz forum (that mean nothing) and posting them...If we had found out he was legiable to play for us before his 21st birthday do you think he would switch...Do you think he would have developed in our program as he did in the US...Come on man?!

:applause: :applause: :applause:

let him stay and think the article mean nothing and like he forget this is a footbal forum

Offline Zeppo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 29, 2006, 09:06:10 AM »

De WC is any ballers dream and he might not be able to make de US team because of politics and seniority bullshit but we dont have those problems now do we?

And if the World Cup is his dream then he will certainly stay with the US.

Let's look at the facts. Not to discredit your achievments, because for a country the size of T&T to qualify for the WC is undoubtedly something special. But you guys have done it a grand total of once, and you did it by the skin of your teeth. It won't be so easy next time either, since finishing in the 4th place spot for CONCACAF entails a playoff against the 5th place team from South America, and getting past Uruguay or Colombia will be much more difficult than getting past Bahrain. I'd say that the odds of T&T managing to qualify for the WC again during the course of Hill's playing career are pretty low.

The US, on the other hand, has appeared at the last 5 World Cups in a row, and that trend doesn't look set to change any time soon.

I don't really know what "politics and seniority bullshit" you're refering to. Perhaps it's the fact that in the USA Kamani Hill would have to compete within a larger playing pool than he would in T&T. But you have to remember that we still don't have great depth at striker, and our most important one over the last decade, Brian McBride, has retired from the international game. That leaves a big gap to fill and Hill must certainly fancy his chances.

Simply put: if Kamani Hill plays well in Germany he will definitely get picked for the USA.
"Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
- Xavi

Offline Rodney

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 29, 2006, 10:39:58 AM »

De WC is any ballers dream and he might not be able to make de US team because of politics and seniority bullshit but we dont have those problems now do we?

Let's look at the facts. Not to discredit your achievments, because for a country the size of T&T to qualify for the WC is undoubtedly something special. But you guys have done it a grand total of once, and you did it by the skin of your teeth. It won't be so easy next time either, since finishing in the 4th place spot for CONCACAF entails a playoff against the 5th place team from South America, and getting past Uruguay or Colombia will be much more difficult than getting past Bahrain. I'd say that the odds of T&T managing to qualify for the WC again during the course of Hill's playing career are pretty low.

The US, on the other hand, has appeared at the last 5 World Cups in a row, and that trend doesn't look set to change any time soon.

I don't really know what "politics and seniority bullshit" you're refering to. Perhaps it's the fact that in the USA Kamani Hill would have to compete within a larger playing pool than he would in T&T. But you have to remember that we still don't have great depth at striker, and our most important one over the last decade, Brian McBride, has retired from the international game. That leaves a big gap to fill and Hill must certainly fancy his chances.

Simply put: if Kamani Hill plays well in Germany he will definitely get picked for the USA.

Though I hate to agree with a Yank supporter...he has ultimately demonstrated why we should concentrate on developing local talent. Those elligible to play for T&T that are born in The US and UK will always (sorry, almost always) look to represent their country of birth first....even (eg Zamora, Hoyte) if the chance of playing is only remote. T&T will always be a distant second option as most of them have Zeppo's view on T&T's prospects. Even those born in T&T would have a real tough decision if they had the oppertunity to play for a nation with a better football infrastructure and World Cup pedigree than our own (eg J'lloyod - and from what I've seen he seems quite proud of his T&T links). At the end of it all if we think players will come running to us because T&T has improved its stock in World Football after this appearance in Germany, we are deluded, most foreigners immediatley dismissed it as a 'flash in the pan'. It's up to genuine T&T supporters and players to prove them wrong.

Offline Zeppo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 30, 2006, 03:41:52 PM »
That crossed my mind also the same thing with quavis kirk he eh interested .

Quavas Kirk has yet to be capped for the U.S. at the senior level, so I'm not quite sure you know what you're talking about.

Anyway, the U.S. federation isn't worried about safeguarding him from you. He's looking at a chance to represent us in the U-20 WC very soon, and possibly the Olympics. I don't really see what you guys could offer that might seduce him away.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2006, 03:45:32 PM by Zeppo »
"Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
- Xavi

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 30, 2006, 03:45:42 PM »
Probably do what England does and they have done with Adu. Give the guy a cap, say all the right things  to him in his early career and see how he progresses. If he dosen't meet their standard they can forget him with the comfort of knowing he can't play for anyone else (i.e. T&T) just in case he is a late bloomer!

That crossed my mind also the same thing with quavis kirk he eh interested .

Quavas Kirk has yet to be capped for the U.S. at the senior level, so I'm not quite sure you know what you're talking about.

Anyway, the U.S. federation isn't worried about safeguarding him from you. He's looking at a chace to represent us in the U-20 WC very soon, and possibly the Olympics. I don't really see what you guys could offer that might seduce him away.

I was responding to the post above what i am saying is they would have come foward if the were interested so talk done

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 30, 2006, 03:47:29 PM »

(eg J'lloyod - and from what I've seen he seems quite proud of his T&T links).

You saw that episode of Footballers Cribs too  ;D

Offline Rodney

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: December 31, 2006, 11:12:53 AM »

yeah man! Seeing it made me eat a bit of humble pie as ah genuinely thought he was one of those Trini's who once they leave, forget T&T even exists till Carnival time come round.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 31, 2006, 11:25:47 AM »

yeah man! Seeing it made me eat a bit of humble pie as ah genuinely thought he was one of those Trini's who once they leave, forget T&T even exists till Carnival time come round.

doh worry rodney it have more tini's player in the uk THAT would want to wear red white and black.... but they laying low :devil:
« Last Edit: December 31, 2006, 11:30:19 AM by triniman »

Offline rastafari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 05, 2007, 08:14:56 AM »
Can anyone confirm, if the suwon youth tournament in south korea, is an official tournament or not?

The rules  are for official competitions only.
 He may still be able to switch nationalities.

JAH BLESS RASTAFARI

Offline Zeppo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 30, 2007, 04:17:32 AM »
Kamani Hill named to the U.S. squad for the China friendly on June 2nd.

http://www.soccer365.com/US_NEWS/National_Teams/page_91_143608.shtml
- Xavi

Offline Zeppo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 30, 2007, 02:00:35 PM »
You can listen to an interview with him here:

http://podcast.ussoccer.com/Hill_Kamani_052907.MP3
- Xavi

Offline Zeppo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 03, 2007, 02:59:00 AM »
Hill gets his first cap for the USA by coming on as a sub against China in a 4-1 victory for Uncle Sam.

- Xavi

Offline zuluwarrior

• Hero Warrior
  • use your tongue to count your teeth
    • View Profile
    • http://pointalive.com
« Reply #51 on: June 03, 2007, 08:37:05 AM »
Alyuh doh blame know trini or 1/2 trini who doh want to play for we ,which right thinking youth would want to get mix up with jack and his bean stalks, ah young trini footballer told me he prefer play for the USA than for TRINI and his words was dey doh treat you right .can i blame him , it is plain for all to see.
good things happening to good people: a good thing
good things happening to bad people: a bad thing
bad things happening to good people: a bad thing
bad things happening to bad people: a good thing

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 03, 2007, 09:11:46 AM »
Alyuh doh blame know trini or 1/2 trini who doh want to play for we ,which right thinking youth would want to get mix up with jack and his bean stalks, ah young trini footballer told me he prefer play for the USA than for TRINI and his words was dey doh treat you right .can i blame him , it is plain for all to see.

or maybe it's because Hill is American.

get it straight..these fellas are not Trini. where do we get this strange idea that many of them should want to play for T&T. The TTFF could be the best run Federation on the panet..it does not matter. Hill is American. Just like I am Trini even though only one of my parents was actually born and raised there. 99% of people will feel most national allegiance for the country they were raised in...regardless of where their parents were born. I'm not saying he has no love for T&T..or allegiance. He may have even considered playing for us at one point..but probably only if things did not work out for him with the US. yuh think if Latas father was from England, but he born and raised in T&T, he would be any less Trini. No. Suppose after he grow up in T&T, learn to kick ball there, play for all the youth teams..captain the Under 20..he then decide when it come to World Cup qualifying..to hell with T&T, I going and play for England...which one of us will say..'Ah yes. I understand boss. I was worried about yuh treacherous behavior playing for T&T. Yuh finally come good.Go and play for England'.

exactly

Offline Zeppo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 22, 2007, 10:13:37 AM »
Hill is in the U.S. squad for their friendly game against Sweden today:

http://www.ussoccer.com/articles/viewArticle.jsp_2097158.html
- Xavi

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 22, 2007, 10:39:41 AM »
Good luck to him, hope he shit down himself on the field....  :rotfl:

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 22, 2007, 10:50:51 AM »

or maybe it's because Hill is American.

get it straight..these fellas are not Trini. where do we get this strange idea that many of them should want to play for T&T. The TTFF could be the best run Federation on the panet..it does not matter. Hill is American. Just like I am Trini even though only one of my parents was actually born and raised there. 99% of people will feel most national allegiance for the country they were raised in...regardless of where their parents were born. I'm not saying he has no love for T&T..or allegiance. He may have even considered playing for us at one point..but probably only if things did not work out for him with the US. yuh think if Latas father was from England, but he born and raised in T&T, he would be any less Trini. No. Suppose after he grow up in T&T, learn to kick ball there, play for all the youth teams..captain the Under 20..he then decide when it come to World Cup qualifying..to hell with T&T, I going and play for England...which one of us will say..'Ah yes. I understand boss. I was worried about yuh treacherous behavior playing for T&T. Yuh finally come good.Go and play for England'.

exactly

Don't know how I missed this and not fighting you down but a little high on that stat. for the US in particular especially for folks of color, not me say so eh, de sociologists such as Mary Waters who have done work on this very topic say so, but yuh pt. valid of course nonetheless, bless
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 22, 2007, 11:09:03 AM »
Well good luck to Hill...just as I'd wish good luck to Ricardo Clark.

No one is saying these dudes should want to play for TnT, but just as the US had to get creative (Dooley, Llamosa, the black dude from Martinique...forget his name) in getting the best players on the field.. nothing wrong with foreign born players of Trini extract (Chris Birchall anyone?) tossing their names (or having their names tossed) into the pool/conversation.  If they decide to play for their land of birth instead, then more power still.  I'll root for them on account of their Trini roots...as long as they're not playing against TnT.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 22, 2007, 11:33:51 AM »

No one is saying these dudes should want to play for TnT, but just as the US had to get creative (Dooley, Llamosa, the black dude from Martinique...forget his name) in getting the best players on the field.. nothing wrong with foreign born players of Trini extract (Chris Birchall anyone?) tossing their names (or having their names tossed) into the pool/conversation.  If they decide to play for their land of birth instead, then more power still.  I'll root for them on account of their Trini roots...as long as they're not playing against TnT.

David Regis
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 22, 2007, 12:05:32 PM »

David Regis

good man...dai'z he name self :beermug:

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 22, 2007, 04:46:46 PM »
Let us say he decided to play for TT. Ok he play for TT, we qualify for S. Africa. Next thing Jack tell him after all the expenses, here is 35.00 TT, a bun and sweet drink. All you honestly believe the man want to go thru what Chris Birchall going thru now.

1]; } ?>