April 25, 2024, 07:27:10 PM

Author Topic: Kenwyne aims for third time lucky  (Read 1321 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Kenwyne aims for third time lucky
« on: December 22, 2006, 08:46:21 AM »
Kenwyne aims for third time lucky
By Adrian Kajumba (Daily Echo)

Kenwyne Jones returns to the club who gave him his first taste of English club football on Saturday aiming to "put one over them again."

Paul Sturrock, former Saints boss and the then Sheffield Wednesday manager, took a 19-year-old Jones to Hillsborough for a brief loan spell in December 2004.

Luggy had been in charge at St Mary's when Jones arrived in the summer of that year.

And Jones seized his chance to shine in League One, with seven goals in as many games during a month-long loan spell.

Unsurprisingly, that helped him quickly establish himself as a firm favourite with the Yorkshire club's fans.

Tomorrow will be the third time Jones has faced his former club in Saints colours.

And having scored twice in his two previous appearances against them - Jones scored the first half winner in the league at Hillsborough last season and again in the return 3-0 success at St Marys - he is hoping to repeat the trick once again on Saturday.

Jones, now 22, remembered: "When I got there I did pretty well for them and helped set them on the road to promotion more or less.

"That was my first time playing in any football league over here and it went well because I had an eagerness to go out and prove myself.

"Hopefully I am still liked up there, I don't know, but it will be nice going back there, to see the stadium and to see the fans again.

"But I will be looking to put one over them again, as I did last season."
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
Re: Kenwyne aims for third time lucky
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2006, 08:58:08 AM »
go for GOAL Kenwyne, you are our next superstar.......so carry the torch!!

ah love it!!
« Last Edit: December 22, 2006, 09:11:09 AM by andre samuel »
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2006, 09:03:41 AM »
seasons are longer than a 4week spell  :devil:

PRESIDENT OF THE STERN FOR GOALS COMITTEE
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2006, 09:17:52 AM »
seven goals for de season and counting........ah love it!!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline Brej

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2006, 09:36:54 AM »
well he did it.... 3 times lucky for jones fuh real...

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
Kenwyne Relishing Owls Return
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2006, 12:20:38 PM »
Kenwyne Relishing Owls Return
By: Nick, sheffwed.vitalfootball.co.uk

23 Dec 2006

Former Wednesday loanee Kenwyne Jones has revealed he can't wait to return to his happy hunting ground Hillsborough - but to shoot the Saints to victory.

Former Owls boss Paul Sturrock brought Jones to Hillsborough on a loan deal which saw him help lift Wednesday in to the League One play-off spots by netting seven goals in seven appearances - leading to the Owls faithful calling for a permanent deal for the Trinidad & Tobago striker.

'It will be nice to go back there because I had a very good time at Hillsborough and did pretty well when I was there,' Jones told the official Saints site.

'It was my first experience of league football and maybe the excitement of it all carried me along because things just went for me.'

And Kenwyne isn't taking the threat of his former club lightly after taking note of the current form which has seen Wednesday climb to within four points of the play-off spots.

'It will be nice to play up there again because they are a massive club - you can see that from the stadium and the support. They are going well at the moment and have hit some form under their new manager so it will be a real tough game for us.' he added.

'Although I enjoyed my time there, my main concern is helping us get three points because it is so vital we get promoted. We want to get back to the top flight - ideally automatically rather than the play-offs but we will take it however it comes.'

Offline Bally

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2006, 04:48:06 PM »
Southampton v Crystal Palace 
Claus Lundekvam is set to miss out for Southampton after suffering a suspected fractured cheekbone against Sheffield Wednesday on Saturday.
Striker Kenwyne Jones is also a doubt after picking up a knee injury so Bradley Wright-Phillips is likely to partner top-scorer Grzegorz Rasiak.

Crystal Palace defender Leon Cort faces a fitness test on his hamstring injury.

Michael Hughes (ankle) is set to miss out while Rhoys Wiggins (knee) remains on the long-term casualty list.

Empty barrels make the most noise

1]; } ?>