March 29, 2024, 06:16:35 AM

Author Topic: Carlos linked with Luton exit  (Read 4595 times)

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Carlos linked with Luton exit
« on: December 23, 2006, 10:59:53 PM »
Carlos linked with Luton exit
By Shaun Fuentes

National midfielder Carlos Edwards, as predicted over the last few months, is set for exit from Luton Town and could end up as this country’s next player in the English Premiership.

And if the deal comes through next month when the transfer window reopens, the former Defence Force player could now end up as T&T’s only international in the Premiership after Shaka  Hislop left West Ham United a few months ago for Dallas FC.

This was revealed in the Luton Press on Saturday as Luton manager Mike Newell revealed the club had received three bids for Edwards.

Speaking after Luton's 3-1 win over Coventry City,  Newell  said: "We have received bids, but I am not going to say who it is from as that would be unprofessional.

"So far we have had three. We had two bids and then received a phone call from another club as well."

Newell said that not all the bids had been from Premiership clubs. The Town chief would not disclose how much had been offered for the former Wrexham man, but said that one bid 'was not a million miles away' from his asking price.

Newcastle United and Watford are believed to be among the clubs chasing Edwards.

The former Wrexham midfield ace also couldn’t shed much more on the possible move, saying “Well again there is a lot of talk but of course there’s not much that can be said at the moment. Whatever the outcome when the transfer window is opened, then it will be out in the open. All I can say is that I am playing my football at the moment with Luton and I’m under contract there. And we are aiming for the best results at the moment,” Edwards said.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2006, 06:42:16 AM by Tallman »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
Re: CARLOS LINKED WITH LUTON EXIT
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2006, 01:29:09 AM »
LOEVELY LOVEYL!!

its a long time comming now.
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2006, 02:30:17 AM »
run like the wind Carlos. Put in de request this time

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline JayTheWrecker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2006, 03:49:03 AM »
I really hope it's Newcastle because if it's Watford he'll be playing Championship football again next season

and worse, that would mean playing against his old club....

Watford and Luton are bitter local rivals. It would be an extremely hostile reception if he ever returned to Keniworth Road wearing a Watford shirt

still any move to any Prem club is a positive and i hope something comes of it
Son, there's only two things that matter in this life. Family and Football. Everything else is bullshit

Offline Milan!!!

• Naps man fuh life!!!
  • Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2006, 05:23:36 AM »
Personally i hope is Newcastle as well...only time will tell..

God is love...Carlos deserves it!!

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2006, 05:41:42 AM »
I hope its a good premiership club where he will get regular first team football

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Carlos linked with Luton exit
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2006, 06:59:30 AM »
Here's the three teams I think vying for Carlos:Middlesborough,Newcastle United,and a foreign club from either spain,italy or the dutch league.........

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2006, 07:24:50 AM »
i just hope that Carlos will be able to adapt to the change in level in the short space of time if is a premiership club. Good Luck to the Artist...
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Newell steels himself for player exits
« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2006, 07:52:38 AM »
Newell steels himself for player exits
lutontown.premiumtv.co.uk

Hatters boss Mike Newell has revealed that the Club has received firm offers from other clubs for the services of Luton's Trinidad and Tobago World Cup star Carlos Edwards.

Newell said: "I'm not saying who the bids are from because that would be unprofessional, but so far there's three. We've received bids from two clubs and we've had a phone call as well, which is fresh interest.

"Our Club has turned down the offers, right at this moment."

Although none of the offers have met the Club's valuation of the former Wrexham star, Newell did reveal that one of the offers is a lot closer than the other two.

"One's not a million miles away, to be quite honest."

Although the Manager would not reveal the Club's valuation of the player, he did say the bids would have to be realistic in view of the fact that Edwards still has 18 months of his contract to run.

"We've offered him a new contract so if he doesn't go we'd hope that he signs a new contract, but I haven't got a crystal ball so I don't know what's going to happen in the next month."

Newell also admitted that he is bracing himself for other possible offers for some of the other young Hatters stars that have excelled in the Championship so far this season.

"Carlos is not the only one they are looking at, and I'm pleased about that because if they weren't looking at my players it would have meant that I was playing bad players here, and I don't ever think we could be accused of that.

"We've only had offers for Carlos but we've had phone calls for other players."

Luton fans have always had to be realistic when the bigger fish come swimming in our pond, which was a point that Newell reiterated in today's post match press conference at Kenilworth Road.

"It's always a question of finances, but every club faces that at different levels. If a Premiership club or a big Championship club can pay far more in terms of wages and transfer fees, then it's business at the end of the day and you have to keep your business going."

However, there was better news for Hatters fans as today's man of the match Dean Kiely has signed another one month loan deal, which will make him available for at least the remainder of the festive programme.

However, the Luton boss has urged fans to remain cautious about the possibility of capturing the ex-Charlton shotstopper on a permanent deal, and he indicated that Kiely is looking for a permanent move during the January transfer window, although Premiership players rarely fit into the pay structure of a club of Luton's size.

"I think he's made it clear that he wants to get away from Portsmouth if he can in the window, but it might be beyond us. I don't know, because there's a lot of things got to happen before that happens."

On today's victory over Coventry City, Newell was satisfied with the result, particularly as his team scored against the run of play to take a vital half time lead.

"It was a good result but you have to say they were the better side in the first half, and the goal has come at a very crucial time for us and turned the game on it's head."
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2006, 08:24:18 AM »
Nice let's see wher he ends up.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline trini supporter

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2006, 09:54:05 AM »
i hope its newcastle but i also remember celtic were interested in him anyone of these two clubs will do

Offline Trini Madness

• Heart....miles and miles of heart
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2006, 10:15:13 AM »
i feel celtic will be a better choice than newcastle. celtic plays in the champions league plus i feel that he will get more playing time and starts there.
A dream you don't fight for will haunt you for the rest of your life.

Offline Eh!

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 24, 2006, 10:25:35 AM »
I would like it to be Newcastle, especially as he could slot in at right back nicely. They're not happy with stephen carr and have a winger, Solano and a teenager playing there now and not much cover after that. However he recently said there were only two players outside the Premiership that he was interested in, at least in this January window.
http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=437292&CPID=8&clid=4&lid=&title=Roeder+reveals+duo+interest

Offline RGarcia

• Forward To Mid-Field to Defense
  • Hero Warrior
  • Who Jah bless, no man curse!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 24, 2006, 10:36:34 AM »
yeah LOS waty to go Diego!  ! ;) ;)
All American

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 24, 2006, 10:49:27 AM »
i feel celtic will be a better choice than newcastle. celtic plays in the champions league plus i feel that he will get more playing time and starts there.

will he be eligible toplay in the champion's league with them?
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 24, 2006, 11:26:58 AM »
Yes he will. The only thing that would rule him out is having played champions league for luton this season. And he hasn't done that.
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

TrinInfinite

« Reply #16 on: December 24, 2006, 11:52:00 AM »

edwards will be playing with martins breddah, diz a team that on de up and up once more.. :beermug:

Offline lickslikefire

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 24, 2006, 12:37:39 PM »
niceness.....hopefully this materializes....

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 24, 2006, 01:32:21 PM »
makes no sense going to Watford, cause they going back down.  Watcheed them yesterday, and it would be hard for Carlos to fit into that physical style that they play.  They don't keep the ball, they play it in the air too much, they presssure high, and some of their players lack a prpper first touch.  They play the ugliest style in the Prem. 

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 24, 2006, 05:48:40 PM »
Well it look like Supa & De Enterprise, we go have ah new bandwagon tuh jump on in January, Carlossssss. As Andre Samuel does say, "Ah love it" Bless.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2006, 12:14:30 AM by SUPA »
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Money doh change we, we are de money changer. But fool if yuh dis, it will surely be danger. Large up de Enterprise and Alliance every time. KROSS KROSS.

Offline Eh!

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 24, 2006, 10:02:29 PM »
Wherever it is Carlos deserves the exposure of Premiership football.

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #21 on: December 26, 2006, 12:15:42 AM »
makes no sense going to Watford, cause they going back down.  Watcheed them yesterday, and it would be hard for Carlos to fit into that physical style that they play.  They don't keep the ball, they play it in the air too much, they presssure high, and some of their players lack a prpper first touch.  They play the ugliest style in the Prem. 

They do though work very hard... maybe with the sound, polished finese of Carlos they can start to turn the team around... plus Watford goin back down is better than bein with Luton and just scrapin by relegation far less the decent possibility they get relegated anyway... so I say go anywhere higher dan Luton.

Offline Brej

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 27, 2006, 08:22:21 AM »
well done carlos i ready to see yuh in de prem

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 27, 2006, 08:43:18 AM »

They do though work very hard... maybe with the sound, polished finese of Carlos they can start to turn the team around... plus Watford goin back down is better than bein with Luton and just scrapin by relegation far less the decent possibility they get relegated anyway... so I say go anywhere higher dan Luton.

Watford need to shore up their offence at the moment...they have been lacking in that area since Marlon King's injury. They will be looking to get at least a quality striker in during teh January transfer window. Not sure whjat position Carlos plays for Luton...but if he plays an attacking role (wing), then there might be room for him at Watford

TrinInfinite

« Reply #24 on: December 27, 2006, 10:57:03 AM »

Watford need to shore up their offence at the moment...they have been lacking in that area since Marlon King's injury. They will be looking to get at least a quality striker in during teh January transfer window. Not sure whjat position Carlos plays for Luton...but if he plays an attacking role (wing), then there might be room for him at Watford

hes a natural right winger, not really a striker, but i always felt he could do well in the strikers role, you never know, he may be suited to the role of a striker in the future...

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #25 on: December 27, 2006, 11:21:37 AM »

hes a natural right winger, not really a striker, but i always felt he could do well in the strikers role, you never know, he may be suited to the role of a striker in the future...

now yuh talkin some serious sense there TI...

I was sayin dat since we we were gunna face Mexico.

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 27, 2006, 11:41:43 AM »

You guys cant be serious . Carlos is no more a foward than Roberto Carlos ! Just because these players attack is not enough to say they should play foward. Carlos is best when the ball is at his feet ...just look at him go in the WC. That does not translate to being good at running into spaces, beating offside traps and making foward runs !
I said it before Carlos is the only relatively young member of the soca warriors who tried to play football in the WC . The others did nothing to increase their stakes in the transfer market. Carlos played well as a wide player and is better than a lot of wide players in england in my view. His penchant for attack and defence is only let down by his inability to consistently supply good crosses. He has to improve in that area. I cant see him moving into another position now and certainly not as a foward. Are these teams interested in him in the market for fowards ? and are they likely to be still interested in him if they were ? Two salient questions to bne answered ....

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #27 on: December 27, 2006, 11:49:53 AM »

You guys cant be serious . Carlos is no more a foward than Roberto Carlos ! Just because these players attack is not enough to say they should play foward. Carlos is best when the ball is at his feet ...just look at him go in the WC. That does not translate to being good at running into spaces, beating offside traps and making foward runs !
I said it before Carlos is the only relatively young member of the soca warriors who tried to play football in the WC . The others did nothing to increase their stakes in the transfer market. Carlos played well as a wide player and is better than a lot of wide players in england in my view. His penchant for attack and defence is only let down by his inability to consistently supply good crosses. He has to improve in that area. I cant see him moving into another position now and certainly not as a foward. Are these teams interested in him in the market for fowards ? and are they likely to be still interested in him if they were ? Two salient questions to bne answered ....

what Carlos is very good at is collecting the ball in situation where he has absolute balance to situations where he has very little controlling it... and beating his man for pace, skill, etc...

If Carlos Edwards was put as a striker he would score goals... and comparing Carlos Edwards to Roberto Carlos is more so of a stupid thing to suggest than suggesting Edwards as a striker...

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 27, 2006, 12:20:11 PM »
jefferz that is a new topic should edwards play striker .../..
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 27, 2006, 12:40:40 PM »
All ah could say is
 :praying: :praying: :praying:
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

1]; } ?>