April 23, 2024, 04:37:46 AM

Author Topic: Yorke feeling frustrated  (Read 3529 times)

Offline Jayerson

• Hero Warrior
  • Gunners for life
    • View Profile
Yorke feeling frustrated
« on: December 28, 2006, 12:09:04 PM »
Sky Sports

Yorke feeling frustrated
By Simon Fudge -  Created on 28 Dec 2006

Dwight Yorke says Sunderland manager Roy Keane has not been happy with his form at the club.

The Trinidad & Tobago international returned to English football with The Black Cats in late August after a spell in Australia with Sydney FC.

However, the former Aston Villa and Manchester United has struggled to claim a regular first-team place under former Red Devils team-mate Keane.

The 35-year-old is eager to make his contribution to Sunderland's season.

"Even late on in my career, I want to play every game," Yorke said in the Daily Mail.

"When I've been left out, I've gone to speak to the boss because I feel I have a lot to give.

"He hasn't seen it that way and says my performances have not been up to scratch.

"I have to take that on the chin, but it is frustrating."

Offline RGarcia

• Forward To Mid-Field to Defense
  • Hero Warrior
  • Who Jah bless, no man curse!
    • View Profile
Re: Yorke feeling frustrated
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2006, 12:38:45 PM »
ah player of yorke status should be on the field at all chance even starting but ultimately its up to the manager to grant that decision.
All American

Offline slates

• Sr. Warrior
  • Big-up L'Anse Mitan Carenage
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2006, 01:18:33 PM »
Status? Status might get you on a team, but is only performance will keep you on the field. That is the bottom line when it comes to them professional teams. If you're not performing, hang it up, because you riding pine.
Toujour Pret!

Offline Rodney

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2006, 02:00:42 PM »
from what I've seen of Dwight, Keane is justified in not giving him ah start. Though it is clear he is still a quality player, currently Yorke is more miss than hit. You can't judge him on media reports as most I've read contradict each other. Some say he is the Don, others, that he is out of his depth!?

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2006, 02:21:41 PM »
Yorke is clearly past his best.

He had a glimmer of good form in the WC where he stepped up in a big way, but he is way past his best...I know it, most of us here know it, and clearly Keane knows it too.....I only hope that he (Dwight) realizes it before he starts embarrassing himself.....At this point he's very far from that, but it could be a slippery slope if the frustration continues, confidence dips and he just starts trying too hard.

I think that it was/is Yorke's dream was to end his career back in England (preferably the premiership), and it's pretty noble to see someone at his age, fighting to the end to live that dream and go out happy....but I fear Yorke will soon have to wake up and bow out gracefully while he still can.

Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

truetrini

« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2006, 03:45:52 PM »

He had a glimmer of good form in the WC where he stepped up in a big way, but he is way past his best...I know it, most of us here know it, and clearly Keane knows it too.....I only hope that he (Dwight) realizes it before he starts embarrassing himself.....At this point he's very far from that, but it could be a slippery slope if the frustration continues, confidence dips and he just starts trying too hard.

I think that it was/is Yorke's dream was to end his career back in England (preferably the premiership), and it's pretty noble to see someone at his age, fighting to the end to live that dream and go out happy....but I fear Yorke will soon have to wake up and bow out gracefully while he still can.

So if what yuh saying is true..why de f**k Keane sign him in de fus place?

Is all adjustment fella.  we were all saying dat bertille was crazy tuh bring Yorke back..we was even saying he madder to make him skipper..but de man step up large...not no damn glimmer as you say, he LIGHT up de place...and was doing it consistently all through the qualifiers too.

So maybe he is having a rough time maybe he is falling off...but de shit talk must stop. Maybe is jes state ah mind and he eh ant to be dey too.

we go see....but like allyuh forget what Keane say about he role and contribution in traning and in de locker room or wha?

Ah gorn.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2006, 04:04:00 PM »

Is all adjustment fella.  we were all saying dat bertille was crazy tuh bring Yorke back..we was even saying he madder to make him skipper..but de man step up large...not no damn glimmer as you say, he LIGHT up de place...and was doing it consistently all through the qualifiers too.

So maybe he is having a rough time maybe he is falling off...but de shit talk must stop. Maybe is jes state ah mind and he eh ant to be dey too.

we go see....but like allyuh forget what Keane say about he role and contribution in traning and in de locker room or wha?

Ah gorn.

First off, I never thought Bertille was crazy for bringing Yorke back....

Secondly, sorry for not being on the Yorke bandwagon. I like the role he played for T&T in quals and in the WC, but I wasn't stupified like many were/are. I don't agree that he was lighting up the place either. I think he had the technique, fitness & composure to play a stabilizing role better than anyone else on our squad. For the most part he did it very well, but at times he was exposed and his weaknesses were glaring...

excuse me for being critical, but based on what I've seen and read, I'm not sure that Yorke at 35yrs old has it to play as crucial a role consistently in the slightly scrappier rough and tumble championship division- and I think Keane is realizing the same thing......call me a critic, but yuh doh bong to jump up with f*** bombs  and act like I watch yuh girl too hard....

Lastly, I never said that what I was saying is true, and it's not shit talk either- it's just my opinion.....and I would be as happy as anyone else if Yorke proves me wrong......
« Last Edit: December 28, 2006, 04:06:18 PM by kicker »

truetrini

« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2006, 04:06:00 PM »
ok breds...ah sorry.

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2006, 07:31:16 PM »
ok breds...ah sorry.

like you sample that expensive brandy you have getting cobweb? How you let this slide so easy? or is this the birth of a new version TrueTrini? Ah HA! Ah juss realize that is your fren birthday today so you must be in a good mood.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2006, 07:36:42 PM »
ok breds...ah sorry.

like you sample that expensive brandy you have getting cobweb? How you let this slide so easy? or is this the birth of a new version TrueTrini? Ah HA! Ah juss realize that is your fren birthday today so you must be in a good mood.

;D De man gimme win, we agree to disagree and yuh still chookin' fire haha....allyuh good yes.

All de best fuh the new year........

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2006, 07:43:00 PM »
ok breds...ah sorry.

;D De man gimme win, we agree to disagree and yuh still chookin' fire haha....allyuh good yes.

All de best fuh the new year........

:rotfl:

Best wishes to you and the family as well...

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2006, 08:07:42 PM »
well at this point... if he still dont repsonse i go slap myself in surprise... ill get a video of it too becuase ah know jumbie would particularly enjoy seeing me actually slapping myself.
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2006, 08:13:26 PM »
well at this point... if he still dont repsonse i go slap myself in surprise... ill get a video of it too becuase ah know jumbie would particularly enjoy seeing me actually slapping myself.

ent! hear what..take ah practice slap nah! juss to be sure you eh screw-up when the rite time comes...

Offline PEG

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2006, 09:49:13 PM »
i would hope that Yorke makes this season his last and hangs up his boots.  It is sad to see a former Treble winning Man U automatic selection fighting for a sweat on a mid-table Division 2 team.  What happening to him is why I love sports - reputation means nothing. You either producing or you not.  Clearly over the hill and at his age, having lost 2 steps not cut out for English football. A man like Keano will be man enough to tell him to his face that he's past his sell by date.

Offline RGarcia

• Forward To Mid-Field to Defense
  • Hero Warrior
  • Who Jah bless, no man curse!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2006, 10:00:59 PM »
i agree with yuh deh PEG maybe if Latas go also he would. but they still think that they have alot to offers still.Like many other great athletes not only in footbal its about when they feel as if the game is not important to them any more.
All American

Offline doublet750

• Hero Warrior
  • mi nuevo nombre es dinho mi vida es joga bonito
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2006, 01:02:44 AM »
for some reason i cant help but think keane brought yorke there to paly a lderly like role to the youngsters who were dejected from setting a recod for least poinst made in a prem season and also the fact they wre in relgation zone again at the championship level...so as said with yorke being the "team dejay" and ading somthing in the dressing room..he willl make cameo appearances and mayb even kep his place in th team when he is firing on all cylinders....but maybe JUS MAYB keane may use him in his backroom staff down teh road???

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2006, 07:44:41 AM »

For hsi off the field presence and to be a role model for the youngsters...it looking like anything he do on the field would just be a bonus in Keane's eyes.
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline Rodney

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2006, 07:45:51 AM »
i agree with yuh deh PEG maybe if Latas go also he would. but they still think that they have alot to offers still.Like many other great athletes not only in footbal its about when they feel as if the game is not important to them any more.

Latas could probably play another season or two fuh falkirk, as he is still producing. Even the most indifferent of Scottish ball fans (i.e. Rangers/Celtic Fans who care for virtually nothing but their teams) would admit that Russell is still one of the best players in Scotland. Latas is good at lesser Teams (Academica, Boavista, Hibs, Falkirk) but when he went to the big guns (Porto, Rangers), never quite seemed to make the grade. Though proud of him and his longevity, personally I think that is a sad statement for Scottish football and a clear reason why they are in the doldrums. Latas know that league inside out so he could play on as long as he wants.

As fuh Yorke, yuh never know, he could have an indian summer in his career; at least that is what he is hoping. Though many Sunderland fans would disagree I think Yorkie has had a posistive influence on the team, just look at the league posistion now as opposed to when he arrived. He has contributed, the man scored a match winner and had a few match winning assists so it aint all bad. The difference with Latas is Yorke playing for a big club, in a much tougher league than Latas, it has much more media coverage and he is a big name player so poor performances can't be glossed over. You have to admire him, Dwight could have stayed in Aussieland where he would still be the big fish or got a big payday in an Arab country but decided to return to the UK where most Fans simply view him as a playboy who is past his best. I for one hope him every success.

The one positive thing about Yorke that will never be tarnished for me is that I have witnessed him genuinely give his all when playing fuh T&T. How many times I hear the argument that he did not always play with true commitment for the Warriors....well at least we know he did it when it mattered most.

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2006, 10:50:26 AM »
Headlines are something else, so is he happy or frustrated?

Yorke happy to fight for place at Sunderland
By: The Northern Echo

29 Dec 2006

SUNDERLAND'S man for all seasons, Dwight Yorke, revealed he was relieved to get away from the intensity of the British game, but admitted: "It is good to be back."

Yorke spent just over a year plying his trade in the Australian A-League for Sydney FC following a disappointing spell at Birmingham City during the 2004/05 campaign.

The 35-year-old striker-cum-midfielder began only six league and cup games for Steve Bruce's Blues in a largely frustrating season in the Midlands, where many felt his best years were behind him.

But after a year recharging his batteries in Australia, which culminated in receiving the Joe Marston Medal for being the best player in the inaugural A-League Grand Final victory over Central Coast Mariners, he returned to rediscover his love for the British game at Sunderland.

"Don't forget I played at the top level for 16, 17 years," said Yorke, who returned to Roy Keane's starting line-up for the Black Cats' Boxing Day fixture against Leeds after missing out at Crystal Palace three days earlier. "That was a long time and I needed a change. Sydney provided me with that.

"But coming back here was no problem. The gaffer brought me back and I was very flattered about that."

While Keane is planning Sunderland's long-term future, some players have been brought in to provide a short-term solution. Graham Kavanagh, Stanislav Varga, Kenny Cunningham and Yorke are all in their 30s and all have a role to play in launching the club's ascent.

"Hopefully I can play my part in trying to get Sunderland promotion," said the former Manchester United striker. "It's been a little bit up and down but we're trying to find some consistency.

"Although we think we should have got more points, we'd have taken being at this stage right now after where we were three or four months ago. There are signs of progress. I'm sure when everyone's up and running, and when the competition for places becomes more intense that will make the whole team better."

With six players competing for only two places at the heart of the midfield, competition is fierce at the Stadium of Light.

Yorke has occasionally found himself sitting on the sidelines but the Trinidad and Tobago international has proved he can fight his way back into the Sunderland starting XI and says he relishes the challenge of doing so.

"The competition for places in midfield is good at the moment and that's the way football should be," added Yorke, who hopes he has done enough to be included for the visit of Preston this weekend. "If you're not in the team it's about fighting your way back in and when you get your chance you've got to take the opportunity.

"I don't know it any other way.

"That's the way it's always been. It's good and healthy.

"Once every player has realised that's what football is all about we'll all benefit.

"When you think you should be in the team and you see someone else come in and score it brings a good competitive edge to the team. I think that's what we need, it's what the gaffer's trying to create.

"No-one's place is safe, even me and that's good. We have to recognise that and rise to the occasion."

Tommy Miller, on loan at Preston from Sunderland, will be allowed to play tomorrow but there will be no reunion with his former team-mates Stephen Wright (ankle) and Kenny Cunningham (medial ligament). The pair will return to training next week after recovering from injury

* Tickets are available for tomorrow's Championship fixture from £8 juniors and £24 adults (£19 in concession areas), and cash turnstiles will be available.

Concessionary tickets are not available from the cash turnstiles and must be purchased from the ticket office, which is open from 10am until kick-off.

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2006, 11:30:40 AM »
Anybody know how long Yorke's contract is for?
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline Rodney

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 29, 2006, 12:09:45 PM »
Anybody know how long Yorke's contract is for?

Skysports said it was for 2 seasons when Sunderland had Yorke's press conference.

1]; } ?>