April 25, 2024, 08:22:31 PM

Author Topic: Ronaldo v. Rooney - The great Man U debate.  (Read 3336 times)

Offline PEG

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Ronaldo v. Rooney - The great Man U debate.
« on: December 28, 2006, 10:05:56 PM »
I am the biggest Man U supporter and i always getting in to argument with a pardner about the relative merits of Rooney and Ronaldo.  My view is that Ronaldo is proving this year beyond a shadow of a doubt that he is a superior player to Rooney.  I just think that it is typical English bias that has cast Rooney as this great player.  I watch all Man U Prem. games and i think that while Rooney is a very good player, the hype surrounding him has long since exceeded his value as a player.  Last game was a prime example when Man U only came to life with Ronaldo's introduction.  IMHO Ronaldo has the potential to be the best Man U attacking player in my lifetime.  Rooney to me is very good but is not the savior of the English game like he is portrayed.

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Ronaldo v. Rooney - The great Man U debate.
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2006, 11:20:25 PM »
I actually beg to differ... I rather mark ronaldo than rooney. Rooney is more unpredictable and i believe technically superior. Ronaldo is very tricky but sometimes quite predictable. I think the big question is will England start Rooney and Defoe who i believe has the potential to have a great partnership. Ronaldo will make yuh look bad but if yuh trained to keep yuh eye on de ball,  not he foot and yuh have good timing yuh pretty much just have to wait for him to run line and wet him. Rooney is a boss and I am no big united fan but they are definetly ballin this year.
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline doublet750

• Hero Warrior
  • mi nuevo nombre es dinho mi vida es joga bonito
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2006, 12:56:32 AM »
a personl technical ability is their ability to do things with the ball..though predictable rooney is NO WHERE CLOSE to ronaldo's technique....he is unpredicatable and a talent and by god a allaround player that he can run abck and make a tackle and then st up an attack....but he cant take frekicks...cross...corners..head...or dribble better than cristiano ronaldo ...cristiano is proving his worth and can become one of the best players ever to play for man united....added to which i dont think cristiano is too far form rooney on goals scored this season ..and im pretty sure he has assited rooney in many of his own goals

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2006, 07:52:22 AM »
Rooney as i have never seen de man DIVE yet ;D
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline duscam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2006, 08:36:45 AM »
First of all you on a trini board..so yorke is the best attacking player ever at MANU!!

Offline doublet750

• Hero Warrior
  • mi nuevo nombre es dinho mi vida es joga bonito
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2006, 01:58:05 PM »
and with duscam procolmation of truth...all talk done  :beermug:

TrinInfinite

« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2006, 02:01:54 PM »
deres no comparison, dinho is de boss, rooney juss dey, rooney cant dribble and pass like mr dinho, and speed well we all know when dinho ready tuh tear u apart he dey... :beermug:

Offline Patterson

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2006, 02:03:51 PM »
deres no comparison, dinho is de boss, rooney juss dey, rooney cant dribble and pass like mr dinho, and speed well we all know when dinho ready tuh tear u apart he dey... :beermug:

fuh some strange reason i assumed they were speaking about Cristiano Ronaldo but TI is always right

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2006, 02:21:59 PM »
fuh some strange reason i assumed they were speaking about Cristiano Ronaldo but TI is always right
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Happy New Year Trinis of de World
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

TrinInfinite

« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2006, 03:08:14 PM »
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Happy New Year Trinis of de World

merry christmas west coast, god bless 2 u and ur family and a happy new year :beermug: ;D

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
  • ah doh puh water in meh mouth to talk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2006, 03:29:56 PM »
I am the biggest Man U supporter and i always getting in to argument with a pardner about the relative merits of Rooney and Ronaldo.  My view is that Ronaldo is proving this year beyond a shadow of a doubt that he is a superior player to Rooney.  I just think that it is typical English bias that has cast Rooney as this great player.  I watch all Man U Prem. games and i think that while Rooney is a very good player, the hype surrounding him has long since exceeded his value as a player.  Last game was a prime example when Man U only came to life with Ronaldo's introduction.  IMHO Ronaldo has the potential to be the best Man U attacking player in my lifetime.  Rooney to me is very good but is not the savior of the English game like he is portrayed.
i have to say ronaldo is the better player for now,this season he's been on fire and rooney, well he's on and off

Offline Teflon Don

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2006, 03:34:48 PM »
First of all you on a trini board..so yorke is the best attacking player ever at MANU!!

yuh went cic but ah go agree wit u on dis and add a couple more.....best ATTACKING player to EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER play at man u......if not where d other treble

Offline Cowen

• Hero Warrior
  • Conquer without risk is to triumph without Glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2006, 04:04:36 PM »
I don't think it's possible to compare men who play different positions. They both play according to what si required of them at their respective positions. Ronado's position probably allows for more flair ...... but to compare who is the better is simply rediculous. ManU running nice ball this year and Rooney and Ronaldo playing nice ball too.

:beermug:
Attended Mad Mad University
Studied Madology
Obtained a Mad Mad Degree

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2006, 04:07:46 PM »
merry christmas west coast, god bless 2 u and ur family and a happy new year :beermug: ;D
Cheers Mate :beermug: :beermug:
May the New Year bring blessings and success to You and Yours
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2006, 06:48:25 PM »
Couldn't pick

all i know is that we have 2 of the worlds best players

Offline soupman

• Soup Man
  • New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2006, 08:21:45 PM »
Rooney and Ronaldo. Hard to compare the two. Rooney always seemed to be a kind of football "tank", powerful and hard to stop once he gains momentum. Watching Rooney draws you into admiring the unadorned precision of his technique and his burning desire to come out on top (sometimes making him seem overbearing).

Ronaldo seems like the opposite of Rooney, seeming to possess a "lighter" touch and more finesse. While it would be ard to argue that he does not want to get the ball and score goals he never seems to be as forceful a personality as Rooney (or is he just more disciplined?). Personally, I prefer to watch Rooney's style of play.

As a casual watcher of Man U games though, the man I enjoy most watching plying his trade is Louis Saha who to me me seems to just quietly take care of business with minimal fanfare or drama.

1]; } ?>