April 25, 2024, 10:22:17 AM

Author Topic: Keane confirms Carlos interest  (Read 3995 times)

Offline Jayerson

• Hero Warrior
  • Gunners for life
    • View Profile
Keane confirms Carlos interest
« on: December 29, 2006, 10:11:02 AM »
Sky Sports

Keane confirms Carlos interest
By Tom Adams -  Created on 29 Dec 2006

Sunderland boss Roy Keane has confirmed that he will pursue a deal for Luton Town winger Carlos Edwards in January.

Hatters boss Mike Newell revealed earlier in the month that the Championship strugglers had rejected three approaches for the Trinidad and Tobago international, but Keane is now determined to further test Luton's resolve over their star man.

Edwards enhanced his reputation with some fine displays at the World Cup finals and has continued to impress despite Luton's recent struggles in the Championship.

Watford failed to prise the 28-year-old wide man from their local rivals in the summer whilst SPL champions Celtic have also been linked with a January move.

Now Keane has sparked a likely transfer scramble by admitting he is keen to recruit Edwards to assist The Black Cats' play-off challenge.

"Carlos Edwards is a player that I admire and he is someone I would like to add to the squad," Keane told the Sunderland Echo.

"We do intend to follow up our interest but it would be premature to assume that anything will definitely happen in that direction.

"We'll have to see what Luton's position is on the matter but he is someone we're interested in, yes."

Luton are reportedly seeking around £1million for the man who has scored six times this season, and it is believed that Newell will not stand in his way should a suitable offer materialise.

Offline Mr Fix-it

• Hero Warrior
  • I Love 5 things,my 3 Babies/ManU/Wife in dat order
    • View Profile
Re: Keane confirms Carlos interest
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2006, 10:18:33 AM »
Looks lik,e Yorke real wukking over dey yes :beermug:
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy

Offline RGarcia

• Forward To Mid-Field to Defense
  • Hero Warrior
  • Who Jah bless, no man curse!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2006, 10:24:31 AM »
i believe he is a better player than a sunderland calibre just my thought.... :beermug:
All American

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2006, 10:34:59 AM »
i believe he is a better player than a sunderland calibre just my thought.... :beermug:

agreed
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Online Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2006, 10:38:17 AM »
For now I am not supporting Sunderland's interest.

TrinInfinite

« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2006, 10:38:37 AM »
schupssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss >:( let keane cool himself dey, edwards going epl or celtic, 4get sunderland, waste of time, I would rather see edwards in spain or italy, even germany, thats my opinion of course...

Offline Mr Fix-it

• Hero Warrior
  • I Love 5 things,my 3 Babies/ManU/Wife in dat order
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2006, 10:45:14 AM »
AH hear what you all are saying but I'm sure dat at de end of de day Both YORKE AND MONEY going to win out over anything.  If ah man could play on ah good team and have ah trini dat looking out for you den what yu think go happen.  9 times out of 10 yu going where yu have back up
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2006, 10:46:35 AM »

yeah he better than Championship calibre

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2006, 11:26:19 AM »

yeah he better than Championship calibre
That's why Kean want hiim, to help get them to the EPL.
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2006, 11:38:45 AM »
I doh mind yorke being there and carlos have backup but yorke had his time in the premiership now is carlos time and a move to sunderland will be a bad move right now he either have to head to the premiership or celtic  anything else is a backward move he have to test himself on a higher level to lift his game.

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2006, 11:53:23 AM »
According to this from This is London Sunderland is offering a mill while Celtic is at 1.5

Edwards deal on hold

Sunderland have bid £1million for Luton midfielder Carlos Edwards, although Luton manager Mike Newell is stalling in the hope other sides will express an interest.

Edwards, who has 52 caps for Trinidad & Tobago, is also interesting Portsmouth and Birmingham. Sunderland manager Roy Keane, who will sign Manchester United pair Jonny Evans and Phil Bardsley on loan this week, has received rave reviews on Edwards from Trinidad captain Dwight Yorke.

« Last Edit: December 29, 2006, 12:07:19 PM by e-man »

Offline Teflon Don

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2006, 12:06:38 PM »
i say portsmouth or celtic daz he bset bet

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2006, 12:16:18 PM »
Oh gosh Yorkee ,you could've tell Keene about Colin Samuel or something ,steupps not Carlos !Ah go vex if this happen ,man don put he money on the table oui .

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2006, 12:18:18 PM »
Oh gosh Yorkee ,you could've tell Keene about Colin Samuel or something ,steupps not Carlos !Ah go vex if this happen ,man don put he money on the table oui .

Lawrence should be playing a level up as well...he real improved over the past 2 years, I think he could handle Championship

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline Trini Madness

• Heart....miles and miles of heart
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2006, 01:02:02 PM »
i dont see any newcastle bids......and celtic has the lead in the bidding race...
A dream you don't fight for will haunt you for the rest of your life.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2006, 03:48:59 PM »
I eh see moving to Sutherland eh go make no sense it might be more dollars but no sense
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2006, 04:02:08 PM »
you know fellas, I was saying the other day that in my personal opinion Dwight better than Speckham (yes yes yes I know, jmho) and the difference between them MUST be their agents.
Now Carlos maybe goin with Dwight and many people saying he should be up ah nex level.
What kinda agent does he have or maybe i should ask if he is with a Major Agent Company in England?
anyone else have a similar opinion
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2006, 08:04:47 PM »

Agreed,there's no way he should take there offer,but I guess he doh have a choice,plus why not choose a premiership club or if a birmingham who's looking more likely to be a premiership club in the not to distant future........

Offline trini supporter

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2006, 09:13:52 PM »
Carlos looking to make a step up going to sunderland dont make any sense if he not getting a good EPL or SPL deal i believe he should stay where he is just my thought :beermug:

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2007, 06:02:41 AM »

Lawrence should be playing a level up as well...he real improved over the past 2 years, I think he could handle Championship

Since Lawrence reach, Swansea pushing for promotion. He we will be there soon, man. He just hadda call Big Dog Marvin to say a lil prayers as the season get closer to the end, and they will get thru the playoffs.
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline jub02

• Hero Warrior
  • Mighty Arsenal & Newcastle .
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2007, 09:12:18 AM »
hes better than sunderland ..in my opinion hes worth a place in a premiership club,i wouldnt mind carlos at newcastle. ;D

1]; } ?>